The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 2 (May - September 2004)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
image-building

Willem Alexander is really doing a great job by the Olympics. His enthousiasme and spontanity is heartwarming! He is very populair by the sporters and the orange public. Most of all he is down to earth and a "common" dutch person. I think this event is very good for his image. In other official duties he is quite formal and stays above the common people, now he is just one of us!! Lots of compliments and go on, you'll be a sportive king and you almost broke my heart with your attentions!
Yesterday I bought the new Weekend with Maxima and Amalia on the cover. Maxima looks a little bit down and is wearing a darkblue sportslegging. She must be aware of the long distance relationship with her homecountry. Although she is a princess she isn't able to visit her parents regular and especially her father is getting older. She rent a large appartment in a chique club for her and her 5 employees. It is said that she will soon buy a second house in Argentina so she can go there every month.
It's a little bit pity that Maxi's heart still goes to Argentina. Amalia will also have bonding to this country. By example her nanny is Spanish. I'm still a bit disappointed and think that Amalia must become a Dutch education.
It's also a pity that her family is more important than the successes of our country in Athene. As ambassor she ougth to be there!

Well, note that in two years her whole life had changed. And since she is a real family-person, she misses her family deeply. It is understandable. And why should Amalia not learn Spanish?? A great part of the family is Spanish, so it is only easy.
Maxima's parents are still considering buying a house here in the Netherlands, so maybe this "problem" is quickly solved and can our Maxima enjoy her parents presence a lot closer to her home :)

Mary Donaldson will get this problem too later, I think.

it has to be difficult, to live without your parents near you. i think it's understandable that she prefers to go to argentina...
i don't see anything wrong in the fact of the spanish nanny. she will surely get a dutch education, there's no problem in that.

I think it is wonderful that she has a Spanish nanny. This way she will learn Spanish. The earlier she gets exposed to other languages the easier it is to learn them. Think of what a wonderful tool it is for a sovereign to be multi-lingual.

Good job, Maxima!

yes, children learn languages easily, it's magical. after you become 12 or so something happens to your brain and it suddenly becomes difficult.

great pictures xxlindaxx! Amalia really is an adorable little girl. I think that she looks alot like her grandma Beatrix.

royal_sophietje said:
Well, note that in two years her whole life had changed. And since she is a real family-person, she misses her family deeply. It is understandable. And why should Amalia not learn Spanish?? A great part of the family is Spanish, so it is only easy.
Maxima's parents are still considering buying a house here in the Netherlands, so maybe this "problem" is quickly solved and can our Maxima enjoy her parents presence a lot closer to her home :)

Mary Donaldson will get this problem too later, I think.

here here. I agree. Also it doesn't mean they choose one country over another, it just means they have ties in two places. Thats a good thing, because one thing we need is understanding between cultures and since royals are symbols of international understanding and diplomacy its good that they are marrying foreigners and bringing in new cultures.

I don't blame Maxima or Mary and I think thats what makes them special and unique is that they are Argentinian or Australian (with Scottish roots).

Alex joining family

Any news or photos from Alexander arriving in Buenos Airos to join his family?

konan said:
Any news or photos from Alexander arriving in Buenos Airos to join his family?

The Dutch commercial broadcasting station had a small interview with the prince.
In that interview the prince sais he likes sports, but he himself doesn´t sports anymore. The prince sais that´s because he travelles a lot and that he has a busy schedule. He also said that he missed his family a lot, but he updates Maxima every day about the olympic games, and she is jealous that she can´t be there with him.
The station said that the prince had returned home yesterday.

video
http://www.rtl.nl/system/media/wvx/...34/vrijdag_wimlex1930.avi_plain.xml/wm364.wvx

The prince DOES sport. To Mart Smeets he told he does fitness and running. But, as you said, he can not do it often due to his schedule. Also he said that when he didn't practised sports/exercise he don't feel that healthy.

Pictures

Willem-Alexander playing golf, Maxima and Amalia are there also for moral support.

Attachments

• 59607174.jpg
    59607174.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 1,003
  • 59607175.jpg
    59607175.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 670
  • 59607178.jpg
    59607178.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 776
Princess Maxima, at the supermarket. A photographer make the princess and prince angry.

Attachments

• 59607181.jpg
    59607181.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 2,426
  • 59607183.jpg
    59607183.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 800
  • 59607185.jpg
    59607185.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 731
  • 59607186.jpg
    59607186.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 774
  • 59607187.jpg
    59607187.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 1,384
  • 59607189.jpg
    59607189.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 829
  • 59607191.jpg
    59607191.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 735
  • 59607192.jpg
    59607192.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 816
I don't know many people who looked glammed up going to the grocery store. On another note, it's too bad that they are surrounded by photographers whilst on their vacation...I would be angry too.

I understand you, Angel S, but the point is if you want a person who represents a Nation, you have to search for someone with NO past. As Don Juan of Spain told: "A past of a Queen is always a Present".

Is known that Maxima doesn't have any serious relationship before Alex, all her friends knows that. And the true is that Maxima is the most admired and loved Princess of Europe, and for us she'll always be "our dear Máxima". I'm sorry to say this but we have very pround in Máxima because she represent the dignity of the latin woman. Letizia and Mary had serious relationships before their weddings and, IMO, this is not correct in a future Queen.

Yes Alisa, I agree with you: I would be angry too! Máxima and Alex cannot live in peace anymore??

Kisses for everyone!!

Regina said:
Is known that Maxima doesn't have any serious relationship before Alex, all her friends knows that.

There are different degrees of pasts and what is tolerable varies for many.But Maxima has had a past. She had a boyfriend (Dieter Zimmerman) with whom she lived with while she was living in New York.

Regina said:
Yes Alisa, I agree with you: I would be angry too! Máxima and Alex cannot live in peace anymore??

Unfortunately the attention comes with the title. No matter how often it happens, I am sure they can never get use to it.

I can sure you that Máxima NEVER lived with Zimmerman. The appartement was in his name but she never met him, that's the true.
The only boyfriend that Máxima had was a famous argentine cooker, who has his own program in tv.
I can garantee you that Maria Cerruti, her mother, told her many time, in what concern to boyfriends "Don't give them everything you have... keep something with you".
And that what's Dutch people like in her: in a country where there is free abortions, gay's marriege, etc... she represent the moral, the good behaviour, and believe you or not, the young people want to be just like her!

She's so elegant, and Amalia is so cute! Alex isn't very hansome, I prefer Nikolas of Greece but Maxima and Alex will be happy for ever!!

Do you know Maxima personally? This is what I am picking up from reading your post Regina.

It's well known that Maxima didn't have lived with Zimmerman. She even issued an statement herself.

i love maxima and imo she elegant, clever, inteligent, nice and beautiful. however, i also criticise when i hear people talking about other princess like she is some kind of goddess. i always see posts in mary's, mathilde's, mette marit's and letizia's boards that say how perfect they are and how beautiful they dressed in their last event. i really think it's important not to lose objectivity. every person has good and bad things and it's a bit unfair to judge only by the good/bad ones.

"It's well known that Maxima didn't have lived with Zimmerman. She even issued an statement herself"

I've read multiple stories saying the contrary.I've remember even seeing a photo (when those first photos of Maxima came out )that showed her and Zimmerman's address and their names on their mailbox (Zimmerman/Zorreguieta) while they lived in NY.

As royal_sophie said Máxima didn't lived with that man.
Kate, I'm much more close to Inés than Máxima for a question of age.

I will post hear my favorit photos of Máxima.

Attachments

• 59600196.jpg
    59600196.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 253
  • 59600766.jpg
    59600766.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 303
  • 59601072.jpg
    59601072.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 240
  • 59601428.jpg
    59601428.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 241
'As royal_sophie said Máxima didn't lived with that man. "

Do you or royal_sophietje have a source where Maxima is quoted that she didn't live with him? I believe it was the March 2001 issue of the Telegraaf that chronicled the couple's relationship, and it mentioned that the couple did indeed live together.

Last edited:
in fact she did. they were living together in ny. i also saw that photo with the names zimmerman zorreguieta. but i don't think that's a problem. there isn't any problem if somebodsy has a relation before marrying, or is it? many people have pre wedding relations and there's nothing wrong about it.

For a question of burocracy they didn't change his name in the door. He was the appartment owner, but she never excepted that one day she become the future Queen of the Netherlands, so there is no big deal that their names appear together. She only rent his appartment, nothing more.

If she NEVER saw him, how can you say that they lived together??!

For the traditional Zorreguieta-Cerruti family "living together" is for the jungle people, and the most of argentine people agree with it. Hear, peolple with education, close to the Family, and with money don't live together with anyone.

Please, don't kick me, but I know that in Europe people do that, the fertility rate is very low, woman has much more sexual freedom... but I really don't think that you are happiest than us. But I understand your point of vew.

carlota said:
in fact she did. they were living together in ny. i also saw that photo with the names zimmerman zorreguieta. but i don't think that's a problem. there isn't any problem if somebodsy has a relation before marrying, or is it? many people have pre wedding relations and there's nothing wrong about it.

You can live together, especcially in new york where good appartments are difficult to find, without having a relationship together. They both might have found it practical to share the rent & it's fun sharing a house, as long as there is enough privacy for each.

Alisa said:
'As royal_sophie said Máxima didn't lived with that man. "

Do you or royal_sophietje have a source where Maxima is quoted that she didn't live with him? I believe it was the March 2001 issue of the Telegraaf that chronicled the couple's relationship, and it mentioned that the couple did indeed live together.

Do you have read my post :) :) ??

I wrote in that post that Maxima herself issued an statement in may or june this year, denying that she and Dieter had an relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom