The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 1 (January 2003 - May 2004)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
new pic of Màxima ?!at the maxzite website you can see a new (?) pic of princess Màxima.The pic seems to me really new.What do U think ?

Maxzite website

I mean the pic where Màxima is siting in a car.

Laura

These latest pictures are very nice kaasmejsje, and indeed not previously seen before. Perhaps they came from one of Maxima's unpublicized "private" visits that she made quite often early in the fall?

Originally posted by Alexandria@Nov 28th, 2003 - 11:44 am
These latest pictures are very nice kaasmejsje, and indeed not previously seen before. Perhaps they came from one of Maxima's unpublicized "private" visits that she made quite often early in the fall?
On the pictures is Máxima on a primary schoolvisit in Almere! It was on 02-10-2002. she was there because she must know what children lernt in the Netherlands. Not allone at the schools but she visited more projects.

Originally posted by Laura Lovec@Nov 27th, 2003 - 11:09 pm
new pic of Màxima ?!at the maxzite website you can see a new (?) pic of princess Màxima.The pic seems to me really new.What do U think ?

Maxzite website

I mean the pic where Màxima is siting in a car.

Laura

It is a pic from the private memorial service for Prince Claus, a few days before the funeral.

According to the Maxima message board Maxima told Eduard Vermeulen that her baby is to be born at the end of this week. I don't know if that's true or not. I wouldn't be surprised if that's something that a tabloid came up with, but you never know.

From a friend of mine (who has some informants at the palace) I heares that Máxima is due the end of this week, if the delivery will be a Ceasarian, one will wait untill after Sinterklaas (the 5th of December)

how strange! wouldn t a natural birth be more healthy for both the mother and the child? Especially setting a date like that is very strange in my eyes

Hi!

More and more women seem to do that these days, don't they? Have their baby on an appointed day!

I would think it would be better to let nature decide too (unless there are health problems of course).

What is Sinterklaas, Danjel?

:flower:

I seem to remember reading that the doctors were concerned about pre-eclampsia at one point. Perhaps, if a caesarian is to be performed, this is the reason? :flower:

There may be reasons not disclosed to the public that make it needed for Pss Maxima to have a c-section.
I had toxemia/pre-eclampsia w/ both my children. With my first child I was on bed rest from 33 weeks until labor began. With my second child (who was breech until the Dr's turned him at 32 weeks) I fought against having a c-section. In the end my natural childbirth was a scheduled appointment. The midwife induced labor when I went to the hospital.

Eclampsia has many variables and can effect a pregnancy/mother/child in so many different ways.
I always thought pregnancy was easy and relatively safe, but for some women it's a very rough and hard event.

As long as the Dr's determine that the future Prince/ss is healthy (mature lungs) then this may be an appointment to induce labor instead of a c-section.
Gestational Diabetes is also another problem which can arise from toxemia/eclampsia...and that can cause the baby to get to large in the last month/weeks of the pregnancy.

I can't imagine that Pcss Maxima would opt for surgery instead of natural childbirth. The thought of 'going under the knife' always turns *my* stomach.

I am excited for the birth!!!

to binny: sinterklaas/ st. nicholas is the dutch version (and much older) of santa claus (?) ...he originally was bisshop (of Izmir I believe) ..but according to tradition he arrives in this country by boat every november, children can place their shoes near the open fire place, sing songs (sometimes they put a carrot in their shoe for the white horse of the saint) etc...and the next morning the will find a present in their shoe.......placed their by the moorish helpers of St Nicholas, who climb up and down the chimney every night. ...on december 5th it is 'pakjesavond'...St Nicholas brings big bags with toys etc to each house etc. When the children get older & do not believe this story anymore many families still celebrate this tradition by making funny poems about each other and by making 'surprises, with a small gift inside. (I hope I do make sense) ...btw...as a little girl I was afraid of him...because if you had been a naughty child his helpers (called black pete's) would put you in a bag and take you with them on dec 6th on the boat to spain.

the link provides a better explanation btw:
http://www.stnicholascenter.org/Brix?pageID=92

Probable dates ;

december 3
december 7

december 4,5,6 are not an option .December 4 is one day before sinterklaas,december 5 = sinterklaas ,december 6= the day after sinterklaas.And the day to say goodbye to siterklaas.

So If it's true that the baby will come this week then it will come today or sunday.
But Sunday seems to me a not good day.It's a rest day .
So today or next weeks seems more suitable . ;)

What is sinterklaas? Hope this isn't a stupid question..... Thanks.

My guess is twin girls born next Mon. 12/8

Originally posted by justine@Dec 3rd, 2003 - 3:43 am
There may be reasons not disclosed to the public that make it needed for Pss Maxima to have a c-section.
I had toxemia/pre-eclampsia w/ both my children. With my first child I was on bed rest from 33 weeks until labor began. With my second child (who was breech until the Dr's turned him at 32 weeks) I fought against having a c-section. In the end my natural childbirth was a scheduled appointment. The midwife induced labor when I went to the hospital.

Eclampsia has many variables and can effect a pregnancy/mother/child in so many different ways.
I always thought pregnancy was easy and relatively safe, but for some women it's a very rough and hard event.

As long as the Dr's determine that the future Prince/ss is healthy (mature lungs) then this may be an appointment to induce labor instead of a c-section.
Gestational Diabetes is also another problem which can arise from toxemia/eclampsia...and that can cause the baby to get to large in the last month/weeks of the pregnancy.

I can't imagine that Pcss Maxima would opt for surgery instead of natural childbirth. The thought of 'going under the knife' always turns *my* stomach.

i never knew about your story!

my Aunt had 2 c-section when my cousin had big baby both was 10 lbs and 11 lbs but i hold my cousin Bud's baby after his born he was so big yes i cant believe that my cousin had big baby at 11lbs like that! my cousin Abby was born at 10lbs

maybe Princess Maxima wouldn't scary about c-section with the knife and sharp knife also! if she would be! maybe she would nervous about c-section!

Sara Boyce

Helena,
Are holiday gifts exchanged on 12/25 also? I think the baby or babies will be wonderful gifts for the Royal Family!

Originally posted by sara1981+Dec 3rd, 2003 - 10:19 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sara1981 @ Dec 3rd, 2003 - 10:19 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-justine@Dec 3rd, 2003 - 3:43 am
I had toxemia/pre-eclampsia w/ both my children.  With my first child I was on bed rest from 33 weeks until labor began.  With my second child (who was breech until the Dr's turned him at 32 weeks) I fought against having a c-section.  In the end my natural childbirth was a scheduled appointment.  The midwife induced labor when I went to the hospital.

I can't imagine that Pcss Maxima would opt for surgery instead of natural childbirth.  The thought of 'going under the knife' always turns *my* stomach.

i never knew about your story!

my Aunt had 2 c-section when my cousin had big baby both was 10 lbs and 11 lbs but i hold my cousin Bud's baby after his born he was so big yes i cant believe that my cousin had big baby at 11lbs like that! my cousin Abby was born at 10lbs

maybe Princess Maxima wouldn't scary about c-section with the knife and sharp knife also! if she would be! maybe she would nervous about c-section!

Sara Boyce [/b][/quote]
I had c-sections with both my sons. The first was "stuck" after 2 days of labor and the second was breech, we moved him and he went right back to bottom down. Neither were emergency sections, so I have a fairly small scar. Didn't mind the knife, the spinal with the shot in the back bothered me more. I am just glad both me and the boys came through okay. Recovery was fairly easy for me.

Sinterklaas tradition

Traditionally, in mid-November, two weeks before his celebrated Feast Day, Sinterklaas arrives in the Netherlands by boat from his home in Spain (it is widely believed that Spanish sailors brought the legend of Saint Nicholas to the Netherlands).

Accompanied by his white horse and his helpers, the Zwarte Pieten, he arrives in the Netherlands to signify the start of the holiday season. This event is broadcast live, and each year Sinterklaas arrives in a different city. Many people from across the country welcome Sinterklaas at the harbour and watch him parade through the city's streets.

During the two weeks before his "birthday", it is said that Sinterklaas rides across rooftops at night on his white horse, listening through chimneys for good children. Nice children that leave carrots in shoes for Sinterklaas' horse, wake up to shoes full of candy and treats. However, it is the eve before his Feast Day (Sinterklaasavond) that is the most highly anticipated by children, and the busiest day for Sinterklaas. This is the big day when Sinterklaas delivers presents to good children and coal to children who have been naughty.
radE6B5B.jpg

It's just a fun tradition.
Don't think we Dutch people are morons :p
It's the only day that I get more present than on my own birthday :rolleyes:

Is Sinterklaasvond 12/24? This tradition sounds nice, the Dutch have one more day besides 12/25 to enjoy during the holiday season.
I'm not trying to get off the W-A and Maxima subject.....this is stuff she had to learn at some point too. :)

Are holiday gifts exchanged on 12/25 also?

Sinterklaas is 12/5
X-mas is 12/25 and 12/26
Sinterklaas is a traditionel thing with presents and a lot of families give presents at x-mas too, but thats not tradition.

Does anyone know the address for Princess Maxima and Prince Willem-Alexander? I would like to send them a Christmas card but I don't know where to send it!

:heart: Pregnant máxima :heart: in the ''bijenkorf'' together with her mother

Attachments

• new1.jpg
    new1.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 590
and a second picture

Attachments

• new2.jpg
    new2.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 197
I'm prepared!! I have bought video-tapes to record every special the Dutch television will broadcast then. I expect the baby today (Prince Bernhard jr. was also born on a special day: Christmas!!!) or tomorrow or sunday....

HRH Princess Máxima
Noordeinde 66
2514 GL The Hague
The Netherlands

Translated by Laura

She bought a Jip and Janneke (verry populair in Holland) raincoat.

By ;Mark Konijn

The Hague | Al the rumours about Màxima's pregnancy are not true, it seems now because yesterday around the clock of six in the evening, Màxima and her mother Maria were shopping in the Hema and Bijenkorf .(dutch stores in all kinds of products)Màxima looked relaxed.
De saleswomen of the Hema couldn't believ3ed that Màxima was shopping in their store. Paula ;" I first thought, Is this really Màxima ?. This is something you don't expect, all those pregnancy rumours were/are false" .She bought all kind of stuff,babystuff and christmass stuff. "We are really proud,that Màxima bought some things here,she was really kind and gave a compliment to one of the salesladies.She looked really good."

Bijenkorf
Later on,Màxima and her mother went shopping in the Bijenkorf.What they bought there is unknown.Maybe some underwear,maybe christmass stuff .

i found another picture, from the other side!

Attachments

• shopping3.jpg
    shopping3.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 394
I found the same picture of Princces máxima but than bigger! :heart:

Attachments

• groot.jpg
    groot.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 255
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back