The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 1 (January 2003 - May 2004)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does any1 know how tall Maxima is (if yoy do can you put it in feet? I think M-M does love Hakkon(sp). Does anyone know any good maxima sites in english? Also does anyone know why stories write Cp princess Maxima Zorreguieta? And for the dutch people, have you heard this story about max missing argentina and family, she feeling like princess Di and she's now talking with her Ex or something?

gossip mags.....ppppfffffffffffffffff..... That story is bullshit, Maxima is not running back to Argentina, don't be afraid. I think the writer in the gossip-mag have a dream about that and write it down in his magazine (forget it was not the true..) B) B)

Originally posted by The Watcher@Aug 26th, 2003 - 9:57 am
gossip mags.....ppppfffffffffffffffff..... That story is *!@%&, Maxima is not running back to Argentina, don't be afraid. I think the writer in the gossip-mag have a dream about that and write it down in his magazine (forget it was not the true..) B) B)
I don't think it's ture that Maxima is running back to Argentina any time soon, but I do think she misses her family and homeland very much. Where you grew up can be such a part of you and who you are, Maxima had to sacrifice a lot (and she gained a lot, too) to marry Willem and be the CP of the Netherlands.

She's had to make this transition and all these changes without her family at her side. I don't know if Maxima and her parents and siblings are close, but they seem to be close enough for her to miss them desperately. Espescially now, with a baby on the way, you find you long for your own family very much.

When you think about Maxima, you think how lucky say Mathilde and Mette-Marit are. Although all three women have undertaken similar roles in their various countries, Mathilde and Mette-Marit are "natives" of the countries they will be the future Queens of. There was no cultural adjustment for either of them even if there was an adjustment in roles and lifestyles. And both of the women are lucky enough to have their families at the side (or in MM's case, her mother.) I think Mary may perhaps experience homesickness, too, if she marries Frederik. Did Alexandra ever feel homesick when she left Hong Kong to marry Joachim?

have you ever been aware of the name of the crown princess'? they all start with M

Máxima, Mette-Marit, Mathilde, Marie-Chantal, Masako ... Mary

B)

Originally posted by Tina@Aug 26th, 2003 - 10:45 am
have you ever been aware of the name of the crown princess'? they all start with M

Máxima, Mette-Marit, Mathilde, Marie-Chantal, Masako ... Mary

B)
I noticed that a while back, too, Tina!

And don't forget Maria Teresa of Luxembourg, Miriam of Bulgaria ....

And isn't the Lichenstein CP's wife also named Marie or something like that?

Mary fits right in doesn't she?

So the rule of thumb for Felipe and Albert are women whose names start with 'M.' (I guess that rules Eva out, huh?)

Originally posted by Alexandria@Aug 26th, 2003 - 5:15 pm
And don't forget Maria Teresa of Luxembourg, Miriam of Bulgaria ....

And isn't the Lichenstein CP's wife also named Marie or something like that?

Mary fits right in doesn't she?

So the rule of thumb for Felipe and Albert are women whose names start with 'M.' (I guess that rules Eva out, huh?)
oh, I forgot, but there were so many M's ;)

hope it rules Eva out - I don't think that an underwear model would be a good queen :unsure:

The Hereditery Princess of Liechtenstein's name is Sophie. Here sister's name is Marie and Sophie has a daughter named Marie-Caroline.

Originally posted by samitude@Aug 26th, 2003 - 3:30 pm
The Hereditery Princess of Liechtenstein's name is Sophie. Here sister's name is Marie and Sophie has a daughter named Marie-Caroline.
Thanks Samitude! Guess I was off on that one! ... Wishful thinking, I guess. I just wanted the coincidences to continue!

:woot: Wild! Haha, if you want a crown princess for a daughter, give her an M-name! Madeleine, Maria, Marie, Millicent (Bulstrode, hahaha, oh, Jake Rowling has officially run out of ideas, her fifth book was ABOMINABLE!), moving on, (hahah, not that that was a name..), Maura, Mara, Maud (Angelica), Martha, Meera, Molly, Mary, Mathilde, Mathilda, Michaela, Meridith, ummm...Musako, Masako, Marta, hmmm..Mako...Tako...Taco...argh, well there're a bunch. :innocent:

Mette, Marit, Mette-Marit (She's got TWO!), Moira, Modesto (California?), Mutako, Mattea...yeeeees...Mimi, Marlee...yeaaaaa.... :wacko: Gettin' confused now. Befuddled by the incessant M's! :woot:

Polfoto 01-09-2003 NLD-20030901-DEN HAAG: Dutch Princess Maxima © smiles during the presentation of the commision for minority women in The Hague, the Netherlands, to improve the participation of minority women in Dutch society. At her right Paul Rosenmoller ®former leader of the Green Party and at her left former Liberal minister Hans Dijkstal.

Polfoto 01-09-2003 NLD-20030901-DEN HAAG: Dutch Princess Maxima ® gestures during the presentation of the commision for minority women in The Hague, the Netherlands, to improve the participation of minority women in Dutch society. At her left former Liberal minister Hans Dijkstal.

Polfoto 01-09-2003 NLD-20030901-DEN HAAG: Dutch Princess Maxima gestures during the presentation of the commision for minority women in The Hague, the Netherlands, to improve the participation of minority women in Dutch society.

Polfoto 01-09-2003 NLD-20030901-WAGENINGEN: Dutch Prince Willem Alexander smiles as he follows paddle Ria van de Werken ® during the opening of the academic year at the Wageningen University Monday 01 September 2003 the Netherlands.

Attachments

• maxima_a.jpg
    maxima_a.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 254
  • maxima_b.jpg
    maxima_b.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 277
  • maxima_c.jpg
    maxima_c.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 251
  • willem.jpg
    willem.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 286
Last edited by a moderator:
No offense to anyone, but 'bump' sounds really immature and/or trashy...that's the sorta talk peeps pick up in trashy tabloid magazines...there really isn't a good connatation (sp?) to 'bump' either.

Anyway, this board isn't about Bumps, or Bruises! IT'S ABOUT ROYAL PEOPLE! So, I'll talk about royal people...and ask a question....

If Willem and Maxima have a girl first, will the girl be queen, even if she has a YOUNGER BROTHER after she's born????? :shifty: :shifty:

yes she will be queen. W-A will be the first king in like 100 years.

i read on a site that max is of Basque, Spanish, and Italian ancestry , but what is basque.

Originally posted by sky@Sep 7th, 2003 - 11:19 am
i read on a site that max is of Basque, Spanish, and Italian ancestry , but what is basque.
It refers to a region in the mountains between Spain and France, so you have the French Basque (oohlala) and the Spanish Basque. The ones I knew were all sheephearders, but they had some purdy mean Basque terrorists for awhile too but I haven't heard much about them lately.

www.colourpress.com

The Hague, Holland - Royal holidays are over. With the opening of the new building of "de Unie van Waterschappen" in The Hague, Prince Willem Alexander started his work after the summer holidays. Photo: Royal Images

www.colourpress.com

The Hague, Holland - Royal holidays are over. With the opening of the new building of "de Unie van Waterschappen" in The Hague, Prince Willem Alexander started his work after the summer holidays. Photo: Royal Images

www.colourpress.com

Attachments

• willem_1.jpg
    willem_1.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 544
  • willem_2.jpg
    willem_2.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 499
  • willem_3.jpg
    willem_3.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 385
From the Benelux Royals message board, posted by henri m.:

Another unofficial visit:

Last week Princess Máxima of the Netherlands visited a primary school in Almere (near Amsterdam) where the project 'Together to school' is in force. The project aims to get children with the Down Syndrome or phychically/mentally handicapped children together on schools with 'normal' children instead of placing them in special schools.

After the lunch the Princess made private visits to some parents with disabled children and talked with them about their experiences.

Attachments

• 0_5386_1562415_00.jpg
    0_5386_1562415_00.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 832
Originally posted by thissal@Sep 7th, 2003 - 3:26 pm
...but they had some purdy mean Basque terrorists for awhile too but I haven't heard much about them lately.
You are refering to ETA, and they are still operating, just this summer there were some explosions in southern Spain that they claimed.

Polfoto 12-09-2003 THE HAGUE- Pregnant princess Maxima during the opening of the Finance Corporation for development in The Hague, Fridaynight 12 September 2003 the Netherlands.

Polfoto 12-09-2003 THE HAGUE- Pregnant princess Maxima during the opening of the Finance Corporation for development in The Hague, Friday night 12 September 2003 the Netherlands. ANP / ROBERT VOS

Polfoto 12-09-2003 THE HAGUE- Pregnant princess Maxima during the opening of the Finance Corporation for development in The Hague, Friday night 12 September 2003 the Netherlands. ANP / ROBERT VOS

Attachments

• NL_maxima_191a.jpg
    NL_maxima_191a.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 235
  • NL_maxima_191b.jpg
    NL_maxima_191b.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 251
  • NL_maxima_191c.jpg
    NL_maxima_191c.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 203
  • NL_maxima_191d.jpg
    NL_maxima_191d.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 219
  • ch069960_guest.jpg
    ch069960_guest.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 275
  • NL_maxima_191e.jpg
    NL_maxima_191e.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 226
www.ibl.se - PRINCESS MAXIMA OPENS NEW FMO OFFICE 12-9-2003 Her Royal Highness Princess Maxima of the Netherlands opened the new office building of the Netherlands Development Finance Company (FMO) today. With anudge of the globe that graces the hall of FMO, she literally set FMOÕsworld in motion. FMO finances private businesses in developing countries andis one of the largest bilateral development banks in the world. Under the gaze of the some 400 people present, Princess M‡xima then initiated the official opening proceedings with a small push, setting inmotion the marble globe that rotates on water in FMOÕs hall. With this she set the world of FMO in motion. © BR / Dana Press

www.ibl.se - PRINCESS MAXIMA OPENS NEW FMO OFFICE 12-9-2003 Her Royal Highness Princess Maxima of the Netherlands opened the new office building of the Netherlands Development Finance Company (FMO) today. With anudge of the globe that graces the hall of FMO, she literally set FMOÕsworld in motion. FMO finances private businesses in developing countries andis one of the largest bilateral development banks in the world. Under the gaze of the some 400 people present, Princess M‡xima then initiated the official opening proceedings with a small push, setting inmotion the marble globe that rotates on water in FMOÕs hall. With this she set the world of FMO in motion. © BR / Dana Press

Attachments

• NL_maxima_191g.jpg
    NL_maxima_191g.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 694
  • NL_maxima_191i.jpg
    NL_maxima_191i.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 733
  • NL_maxima_191j.jpg
    NL_maxima_191j.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 712
  • NL_maxima_191k.jpg
    NL_maxima_191k.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 690
  • NL_maxima_191n.jpg
    NL_maxima_191n.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 856
  • NL_maxima_191mm.jpg
    NL_maxima_191mm.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 704
16 SEPTEMBER 2003
Princess Maxima of the Netherlands was the vision of a radiant mum-to-be on Tuesday as she joined her mother-in-law, Queen Beatrix, at the opening the Parliamentary Year in the Hague.

The 32-year-old royal, who is expecting her first child in January, 2004, opted for an outfit in line with her famed vibrant style as she watched the queen make her traditional annual speech at the Hall of Knights. A bright pink dress and pillbox hat was the ensemble of choice for the royal engagement, her growing bump peeking through the folds of her matching overcoat.

Meanwhile, the queen elected to wear a green patterned gown and feathered hat for the stately occasion, which marks the presentation of the government's 2004 budget.

The Argentine-born princess and her husband, Crown Prince Willem-Alexander, announced in June that they were expecting an heir to the throne. The couple tied the knot in February, 2002, in an Amsterdam wedding attended by more than 2,000 illustrious guests

her outfit to the Opening of the Parliament

Attachments

• maxima_dop1a.jpg
    maxima_dop1a.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 1,424
Is it just me, or a lot of the royals have really BAAAAAAAAAAAAD teeth? :woot: :yuk:

Originally posted by moosey60@Sep 19th, 2003 - 4:52 pm
Is it just me, or a lot of the royals have really BAAAAAAAAAAAAD teeth? :woot: :yuk:
Yeah, I've noticed, especially since my daughter needed extensive orthodontic work done. Maybe bad teeth are becoming a sign of high class, just like a suntan and jeans with holes. :lol:

Was announced today by RVD that doctors advised Princess Maxima to stop working. They don't revealed the reason of this advise :unsure: Because of this, she wont travel to st Petersburg, on 23/24 September, with Prince Willem-Alexander like was sheduale.

The official from the Royal House web site:

"Prinses Máxima legt haar werkzaamheden voorlopig neer

De Rijksvoorlichtingsdienst deelt mede:
Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Máxima der Nederlanden moet op advies van haar behandelende artsen haar werkzaamheden voorlopig neerleggen. Moeder en kind maken het volgens de artsen overigens goed.

Het eerste officiële optreden van Prinses Máxima zou van 23-24 september samen met de Prins van Oranje een werkbezoek zijn aan St. Petersburg. De Prinses blijft nu in Nederland, de Prins maakt de reis alleen.

RVD, 20.09.2003, 18.30 uur
"

I wope that isn't nothing serious with her pregnancie, she looked to tired and her belly looked so big in the Prinsjesdag :unsure:

I hope so Maxima would let rest like Sophie, Countess of Wessex same one! because who is expect first mum to be and pregnant! who husband can let go trip without wife! like Prince Edward! if Princess Claire next!

Sara Boyce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom