The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 02:08 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Queen Beatrix has been present at the celebrations for the 100th anniversary of FloraHolland
(a flower and plant company) in Scheveningen today, November 15, 2011.

** Pic ** anp gallery ** belga **

It is not a flower and plant company but the worlds largest flower auction where the beauties are delivered,shown to buyers from 04.00AM till 08.00 and within a few hours on aircraft finding their destinations around the world.It is a multi-billion Euro business here and has absolutely top quality flowers.Within 24 hours these fresh flowers find their way to vases around the globe.

Old 11-16-2011, 03:28 AM
Administrator

I know what it is, but wanted to find a description as short as possible, business or company, it's not that much off the mark

Old 11-16-2011, 08:24 AM
Majesty

Quote:

I know what it is, but wanted to find a description as short as possible, business or company, it's not that much off the mark

HM will re-open the opening exhibition of the "Golden Age of China " on the cultural wealth during the Tan Dynasty ( 618 - 907) at the renovated Drents Museum at Assen today.

http://drentsmuseum.nl/website-english/home.html
Old 11-16-2011, 09:23 AM
Courtier

Thank you Iceflower for these photographs in Scheveningen. I was wondering when they would emerge. What a wonderful celebration and Queen Beatrix looked absolutely lovely. I do love her dress. A beautiful and appropriate pattern of golden orchids against a black background. Her matching hat simply completes the picture. A really elegant look indeed.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:16 PM
Administrator

You are most welcome, Daisiesforever! And lucien, I take the flowers with great pleasure, but the other
thing not

Here are the pics from the mentioned event today:

Queen Beatrix at the re-opening of the Drents Museum in Assen and its exhibition "The golden age of
China", November 16, 2011.

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery ** belga **
Old 11-16-2011, 09:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
It is not a flower and plant company but the worlds largest flower auction where the beauties are delivered,shown to buyers from 04.00AM till 08.00 and within a few hours on aircraft finding their destinations around the world.It is a multi-billion Euro business here and has absolutely top quality flowers.Within 24 hours these fresh flowers find their way to vases around the globe.
WOW, nice curiosity Lucien

Near my parents house there is a small company (a familly company, to be precise) that sells flowers to all those small flowershops in the near towns. My mom always buys her flowers there since it's close to our house and much much cheaper and it's not the first time that my mum asks for a specific kind of flowers in big quantities (all of my mum's friends' daughters have married in the last 2/3 years) and the woman (owner of the company) tells my mum not to worry because she'll ask the company from The Netherlands to send them and they are there in the next day. I always thought: "WHAT? Will she call them today and tomorrow the flowers are already here? OMG guys from the Netherlands are trully fast and eficient" I always wonder how it worked so it's really nice to see it mentioned here
Old 11-17-2011, 03:10 AM
Majesty

Quote:

You are most welcome, Daisiesforever! And lucien, I take the flowers with great pleasure, but the other
thing not

Here are the pics from the mentioned event today:

Queen Beatrix at the re-opening of the Drents Museum in Assen and its exhibition "The golden age of
China", November 16, 2011.

oops,I deleted the other thing.....no clue it was something "bad" really......is it..?,,,

Anyway,HM will visit the symposium on the International Rights of the Child at the Euroborg in Groningen this morning.

This evening HM will attend the 16th Ballet Gala of the Dancers Foundation ´79 at the Muziektheater,Amsterdam.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:18 AM
Administrator

Oh no, I was joking myself, no need to worry, lucien!

Here are some pics of the first of today's events:

Queen Beatrix at the "International Rights Of The Child" symposium to mark the 50th anniversary
of the Poort foundation in Groningen, November 17, 2011.

** ppe gallery **
Old 11-17-2011, 09:03 AM
Courtier

Oh yes, Queen Beatrix does look lovely. The suit is made from quite an unusual fabric but it looks really good on her. I do love all the brown assessories she has chosen. Compliments her outfit perfectly.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Totally agree with you, Daisiesforever, I also liked her look a lot!

Here are some pics of the second event, the 16th ballet gala of the foundation Dancers '79 in Amsterdam.

** anp gallery ** belga **
Old 11-18-2011, 01:40 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Totally agree with you, Daisiesforever, I also liked her look a lot!

Here are some pics of the second event, the 16th ballet gala of the foundation Dancers '79 in Amsterdam.

Fantastic!!Just look at Her!She is absolutely fantastic,as was the Ballet...!!!!

HM was accompanied by the Grand Mistress of the Court,HE Mrs Martine van Loon Labouchère and Her Lady in Waiting Mrs Mienthe Boelaardt Stehouwer.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:14 AM
Administrator

So many lovely and beautiful dancers, but she puts them in the shade nevertheless...

Some nice additions can be found here: ppe gallery!

Today, November 18, Queen Beatrix attended the anniversary meeting of the Rheumatism Association
in Den Haag:

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery **
Old 11-18-2011, 03:40 AM
Courtier

Queen Beatrix looked absolutely lovely at the ballet. Her rich turquoise blouse, which almost resembled an elaborately beaded jacked, was just too exquisite for words. I do like the way she picked up the chocolate shade in the blouse and chose an elegant brown satin skirt and handbag to complete the outfit. An interesting contrast but the two shades matched perfectly.The turquoise earrings completed the picture.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:46 PM
Majesty

HM The Queen hosted a farewell luncheon to the ambassador of Argentine,HE Mr. Santos Goni Marenco.
HRH Princess Máxima was in attendance.

Noordeinde Palace,november 14th.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:26 AM
Majesty

Another busy day for HM as she opens the exhibition "Drawings of Beauty" at the St.Jan's Church in Gouda and will visit the adjacent MuseumgoudA.

The drawings have been painstakingly restored,as they date from the designer Dirck Crabet ( 1510 - 1572) and has the full sizes ( 5 by 22 meters each ) of the 72 stained glass windows in the St.Jan's Church.The stained glass windows are among the oldest and the most beautifull in the country.

HM will also attend the 50th anniversary of the High Flux Nucleair Reactor at Petten.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:37 AM
Administrator

Interesting mixture of two such different events..

Here are some pics of Queen Beatrix at the high flux reactor in Petten today, November 22:

And at the opening of the exhibition ''Sketches of beauty''' at the Sint-Janskerk in Gouda:

Old 11-23-2011, 01:53 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
WOW, nice curiosity Lucien

Near my parents house there is a small company (a familly company, to be precise) that sells flowers to all those small flowershops in the near towns. My mom always buys her flowers there since it's close to our house and much much cheaper and it's not the first time that my mum asks for a specific kind of flowers in big quantities (all of my mum's friends' daughters have married in the last 2/3 years) and the woman (owner of the company) tells my mum not to worry because she'll ask the company from The Netherlands to send them and they are there in the next day. I always thought: "WHAT? Will she call them today and tomorrow the flowers are already here? OMG guys from the Netherlands are trully fast and eficient" I always wonder how it worked so it's really nice to see it mentioned here
Oh good!!That mistery is solved,fascinating how that works isn't it?
It's the quality of the flower companies to cut the flowers before they come to bloom,that only happens by the time they find their destinations around the globe so they always look fresh and if they come from some place close by instead of from across Ponds and thousands of miles...fascinating!...It must be fast and efficient,flowers are too precious to linger on ....The people at the companies are among the hardest working I've ever seen...The companies are combined since 2008 under FloraHolland and the auction building is one of the largest commercial buildings in the world with all in all 5000 employees....

Bestand:Veilingklokken FloraHolland Bleiswijk.JPG - Wikipedia

Buyers and sellers at the flower auction

Bestand:Bloemenveiling Aalsmeer Binnen.jpg - Wikipedia

Millions of fresh flowers have to find their way within 24 hours...
Old 11-28-2011, 04:40 PM
Administrator

Queen Beatrix has received Slovenia's President Danilo Turk for a meeting in Den Haag today,
November 28, 2011. Turk is on a two-day visit to the Netherlands.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** ppe gallery ** anp gallery **
Old 11-30-2011, 06:34 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Posts discussing the Mali Official Visit have been moved to the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...1-a-32197.html thread.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:02 AM
Majesty

HM The Queen will hand-out the Banner of the Military Administration Corps on tuesday december 6th,Binnenhof The Hague.

The Minister of Defence,Mr.Hillen,and the Commander of the Forces,General Peter van Uhm,will be in attendance.

Closed Thread

Tags
queen beatrix