The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 02:29 PM
Majesty

HM was on a working visit to the Royal Boskalis Westminster NV,Papendrecht today.
Het Koninklijk Huis

Old 06-09-2009, 02:33 PM
Majesty

HM will receive the Credentials of Their Excellencies:

The ambassador of the republic of Serbia,Mr.Cedomir Radojkovic

The ambassador of the republic of Montenegro,Mr.Veselin Sukovic

The ambassador of the Republic of the Gambia,Mr.Mamour Alieu Jagne.

Noordeinde Palace wednesday june 10th,The Hague.
Het Koninklijk Huis

HM will bestow the Silver Carnations to volunteers working the larger part of their lives to preserve culture and nature preservation.

Noordeinde Palace today.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Beatrix handed out the Zilveren Anjers at Palace Noordeinde in The Hague. 11-06-2009.
PPE Agency
Old 06-11-2009, 09:59 AM
Heir Apparent

President receives two notes from King Abdullah II, Queen of the Netherlands
Article
Old 06-11-2009, 10:38 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Delight View Post
President receives two notes from King Abdullah II, Queen of the Netherlands
Article
The link says he received a note of HM, thanking him for his congratulations on her birthday. Now if he sent that congratulations in January it must have gotten lost in some corner of Noordeinde perhaps .
Old 06-13-2009, 12:10 AM
Majesty

HM will re/open the Royal Palace Amsterdam today after years of restauration.

Koninklijk Paleis Amsterdam

In the evening HM will attend the 40th Poetry International Festival,Schouwburg Rotterdam.
Old 06-13-2009, 05:39 AM

Today, the Queen will reopen Paleis op de Dam in Amsterdam
Old 06-13-2009, 12:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
HM will re/open the Royal Palace Amsterdam today after years of restauration.

In the evening HM will attend the 40th Poetry International Festival,Schouwburg Rotterdam.
HM and HRH Princess Margriet at the Royal Palace,Amsterdam today:

PPE Agency

courtesy ppe
Old 06-13-2009, 12:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow! The art in the palace is amazing. I really liked the first photo of the two sisters together. They also look like they were in awe of the gorgeous palace.
Old 06-13-2009, 05:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
Wow! The art in the palace is amazing. I really liked the first photo of the two sisters together. They also look like they were in awe of the gorgeous palace.
Gorgious indeed,the result of the 3 1/2 year long restauration is just so amazing from what we knew,just beautiful.There are 7 meter high christal chandeliers that were broken up and laying on the attick for decades and decades,forgotten,now they have been found again and restored to their splendour.Breathtakingly beautifull.The Palace is transformed from a giant marble "bathhouse" into a warm Palace with beautiful carpets ao,and much,if not all of its empire furniture back in the original colours,gold and red.The Palace houses the largest collection of original Empire furniture outside France,since the days of King Louis Napoléon.

Link to picture and video of todays opening by HM.
Het Koninklijk Huis

Old 06-13-2009, 05:12 PM
Administrator

Can't wait to see it myself! They are advertising all over the city that the palace is open again to the public.

Nice that princess Margriet accompanied her sister!
Old 06-13-2009, 05:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Can't wait to see it myself! They are advertising all over the city that the palace is open again to the public.

Nice that princess Margriet accompanied her sister!
Yes,they have these beautifull posters all over town,love to have one....

It just looks stunning,all those 7 meter high chandeliers that were on the atticks of the various palaces collecting dust in total oblivion,
now restored.The carpets,the upholstery of the empire furniture,the art that is restored-cleaned.Well worth more then one visit.
This,and then next weekend the Hermitage.......marvelous!!

This evening HM attends the Poetry International Festival 40th edition in Rotterdam:

ANP Beeldbank

courtesy Robert Vos
Old 06-13-2009, 09:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I think it is fantastic that they were able to restore the chandeliers; especially since they sound like they were nearly lost due to so much neglect and damage over the decades. I am very sad that it wasn't open during my recent visit to Amsterdam.

Oh well...now I have another reason to go back!

I am really looking forward to seeing photos of HM at the palace during future events. Do you know if they plan to use it for royal events now that it has been restored?
Can you imagine the gorgeous photos of the royals in gala dress in the palace? They would be amazing.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:47 PM
Aristocracy

Hi,

I am also thrilled to see Princess Margriet with her sister.

Marengo & Lucien:
This is 'off topic' I know but does Beatrix get along better with Margriet than Irene and Christine? Why do we not see these other sisters as much as Margriet?

Larry
Old 06-14-2009, 04:09 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchiolarry View Post
Hi,

I am also thrilled to see Princess Margriet with her sister.

Marengo & Lucien:
This is 'off topic' I know but does Beatrix get along better with Margriet than Irene and Christine? Why do we not see these other sisters as much as Margriet?

Larry
Trix and Margriet are both busy members of the House and use this perticular Palace most,Irene and Christina made a choice and are no longer members of the Royal scene,House yes,Family no.So it isn't a matter of getting along,over the years all four sisters grew much closer.They get along great,no worry,it's just they no longer have any business in the scene,with the exception of family affairs ofcourse.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:47 AM
Majesty

HM the Queen received HE the ambassador of Her Majesty The Queen of Great Britain and Northern Ireland,Lyn Parker,
on a farewell audience at Huis ten Bosch Palace,monday june 15th.
Het Koninklijk Huis
Old 06-16-2009, 06:25 AM
Administrator

Normally we know at least the British , German and US ambassador but to be honest, I never heard of Lyn Parker (his predecessor Colin Budd was more well known), though the present german or US (do we actually have one?) ambassadors are unknown too.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Heir Apparent

16-06-2009 Slochteren Queen Beatrix visited the exposition 50 years Groningen Gas field, by the Dutch Petroleum Company )NAM in Slochteren.
The Queen revealed a sculpture made by Marc Ruygrok

PPE Agency
Old 06-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Normally we know at least the British , German and US ambassador but to be honest, I never heard of Lyn Parker (his predecessor Colin Budd was more well known), though the present german or US (do we actually have one?) ambassadors are unknown too.
Yes we do,HE the ambassador of Germany,Dr.Thomas Laufer:

Ambassade van Duitsland Den Haag - Startpagina

The US embassador,HE James B. Culbertson:

Ambassador

HM ambassador to The Netherlands,HE Lyn Parker:

HM Ambassador
Old 06-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Majesty

HM will attend the concluding session of the World Council of Churches,Hydepark Conferencecenter,Doorn,wednesday june 17th.

Closed Thread

Tags
beatrix, current events, queen beatrix, queen regnant