Queen Beatrix, Current Events 4 (June 2007 - November 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HM received the President of Palau,Mr.T.Remengesau and spouse,at Huis ten Bosch Palace,yesterday.

Palau is a Pacific island nation in the Micronesia region.
Het Koninklijk Huis

ANP Beeldbank

Courtesy Royalimages/Inge van Mill.

Last edited:
27-05-2008 Hengelo Queen Beatrix visited the Twente School of Education Edith Stein/OCT, with Minister R. Plasterk, in Hengelo.
PPE Agency

27-05-2008 Herpen Queen Beatrix attended the opening of the foundation Hulphond ( Help Dogs)in Herpen. Foundation Hulphond trains dogs for people with physical limitations
PPE Agency

And she had time to change clothes between acts too. I suppose she didn't do that in The Hague, so where would she change in this case? The hous eof the CdK maybe?

--
RTL Boulevard had an item of the visit to the dogs. I believe it is the custom never let the public hear what HM says during these visits. TV station put the sound of (unless it is a speech of course). RTL however did, so HM revealed that she had difficult coming up with a new name for her horses each time (as the lady of the kenel said she had difficulties giving each dog a different name).

Last edited:
27-05-2008 Herpen Queen Beatrix attended the opening of the foundation Hulphond ( Help Dogs)in Herpen. Foundation Hulphond trains dogs for people with physical limitations
PPE Agency

What a beautiful photos with dogs!:wub:

Last edited:
HM attended the opening night of the 61st Holland Festival at the Stadsschouwburg,Amsterdam last saturday.The play was the apocaliptic version of Samuel Beckett's "Happy Days"..........gowd awfull,I can stand and walk out of that if I so wish,and will,she has to remain seated and even say something interesting on the whole shabazz afterwards....ohh

ANP Beeldbank

courtesy Royalimages/Koen van Weel.

HRH Princess Máxima will attend the closing night on sunday june 22nd at the Royal Theatre Carré.

This afternoon HM attended the start of the celebrations of the 250th anniversary of the Provinciale Zeeuwse Courant,the newspaper of the province of Zeeland,Nieuwe Kerk,Middelburg.
Het Koninklijk Huis

I was in Middelburg that day, Queen Beatrix looks very relax! \
Here some self-made photo's:
maxima_bwa_004_2.jpg

maxima_bwa_007_2.jpg

That last photograph is just beautiful. Well done! It shows Bea at her best.

HM was on a working visit to three neighbourhoods in Eindhoven,this morning.
Het Koninklijk Huis

Newspaper ' De Pers had a log article about it. Apparently it was a surprise visit. The plan was for Minister Ella Vogelaar to go there and talk, but the Queen accompanied her. When the Queen left she was greeted by many people who heard the news and try to catch a glimp of HM.
It was the first time HM visited one of the problem neighbourhoods of Ella Vogelaar.

{Edit} Some pictures:

Bea and Ella

Beatrix waving

Getting in the car

Last edited:
And another surprise visit by HM The Queen today! She went to the Johannes Post kazerne in Havelte (Drenthe).In this place relatives of soldiers who are fighting in Uruzgan (Afganistan) gather to get information and to see their loved-ones on a special screen.

I must say a very nice gesture of HM, it has been rather hard for the militairy and their relatives considering the rising number of deaths.

Article in Dutch here and another one here.

{Edit} Some pictures:

1 minute of silence for the dead

Communicating with Uruzgan

Last edited:
And another surprise visit by HM The Queen today! She went to the Johannes Post kazerne in Havelte (Drenthe).In this place relatives of soldiers who are fighting in Uruzgan (Afganistan) gather to get information and to see their loved-ones on a special screen.

I must say a very nice gesture of HM, it has been rather hard for the militairy and their relatives considering the rising number of deaths.

Article in Dutch here and another one here.

{Edit} Some pictures:

1 minute of silence for the dead

Communicating with Uruzgan

PPE Agency

Courtesy Defensie/Korporaal I Albert Gjaltema

ANP Beeldbank

Courtesy Royalimages/Robin Utrecht

Really,in gatherings like these,and so many other moments,she truly is a immensely comforting force.People derive sóó much energy/willpower/support from her through her taking a genuine interest.Love her,for that alone.

Het Koninklijk Huis

Last edited:
HM will host a lunch at Huis ten Bosch Palace in honour of visiting president Hamid Karzai of Afghanistan,tuesday june 10th.
Het Koninklijk Huis

Last edited:
HM opened the first Triennale Apeldoorn this morning,a culturel event focussing on nature,gardens and landscape,Radio Kootwijk.

This afternoon HM will open Grafic Design Museum "De Beyerd",Breda.
Het Koninklijk Huis

HM opened the sculpture exhibition "Grandeur" at Sonsbeek Park,Arnhem,yesterday:

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Nieboer.

HM will hand-out the Silver Carnations,Noordeinde Palace tomorrow june 19th.The award,initiated by the late Prince Bernhard in 1950,was handed-out by the late Prince until his death in 2004,and is an acknowledgement for the free and hard volunteer work by many to uphold and preserve the culture and nature in The Netherlands,The Netherlands-Antilles and Aruba.
Het Koninklijk Huis

TRH The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima will be in attendance.

HM will visit the exhibition on Queen Emma at Arolsen and Bad Pyrmont,july 3rd.

Zum 150.Geburstag EMMA Königin der Niederlande

HM will also meet with the present Head of the Family,Fürst Wittekind of Waldeck Pyrmont.
(Emma's father,and grandma Waldeck,were the great-great-grandparents of both).

Last edited:
HM traditionally attended the annual CHIO,The Netherlands largest and most important Equestrian event,Rotterdam,yesterday:

ANP Beeldbank

Courtesy Royalimages.
:)

HM Beatix is keeping a very busy schedule. Good for her and the Dutch people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom