Queen Beatrix, Current Events 4 (June 2007 - November 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The theme of HM´s christmas speech was tolerance and egoism. PVV leader Geert Wilders called the part about tolerance outrageous, claims that he is furious (as usual) and says that the Queen has to get out of the goverment (officially she is a part of the goverment). He says these things in newspaper ´Trouw´.

The Prime Minister and various MP´s came to the defence of HM.

IMO this time the PVV/Geert Wilders has misjudged his usual populistic tendencies. In general the Dutch do not like politicians that are negative about the monarchy, and the things that HM said were rather sensible. But PVV/Geert Wilders like to pretend to be calimero, ´all of them are against us, boo-hoo´.

PVV/Geert Wilders also recently attacked the Maxima due to her speech on the Dutch Identity and HM The Queen for writing a preface in a book about Europe. Esp. in Maxima´s case some in the press/politics agreed with mr. Wilders, but this time I would be surprised if the general attitude was something else than that of disapproval of mr. Wilders and his party.

Last edited:
A few articles about the queens speech

Rightist Dutch politician blasts Queen Beatrix speech
...Christmas speech by Queen Beatrix and said she should not be allowed to be a member of the government.... - article

Queen out of government, says Wilders
...Queen Beatrix is officially head of the government but is inviolable, which means the prime minister is responsible for everything she says....
article

Maxima's speech once made headlines and know the Queen's. Can never win both sides:neutral:

according to elmundo.es, beatrix is now in argentina. she travelled apparently with her two other sons, their wives and her 5 other grandchildren and met w-a, maxima and the girls in argentina.

i find it great that all the family supports maxima and decides to fly to argentina to spend, all of them, the holidays with maxima and her family in her country. it not only shows support to maxima, but a really close relationship. i think it's the first time they all visit argentina. great for them!

LA FAMILIA REAL HOLANDESA, EN ARGENTINA. La reina Beatriz de Holanda ha viajado hasta la sureña localidad argentina de Villa La Angostura para celebrar el Año Nuevo junto a su hijo mayor, el príncipe Guillermo, y su nuera, la princesa Máxima Zorreguieta, en la casa de la familia de ésta. La soberana viajó en compañía de dos de sus hijos, sus esposas y cinco nietos, y allí se reunió también con sus nietas Amalia, Alexia y Ariane. Guillermo, príncipe heredero de Holanda, y Máxima se encuentran en la villa turística, situada a unos 1.200 kilómetros al sur de Buenos Aires, desde el sábado pasado. (Foto: AFP)

Last edited:
Hi,

Well, appears that yesterday Maxima' s security people had a bad moment in front of the San Carlos Hospital (Bariloche). According to a female reporter, she was grabbed / shaken by one of the princess' security people.
The info. can be read -in Spanish- in L a Nacion (Argentinean newspaper).

Duchesssa

Hi,

Well, appears that yesterday Maxima' s security people had a bad moment in front of the San Carlos Hospital (Bariloche). According to a female reporter, she was grabbed / shaken by one of the princess' security people.
The info. can be read -in Spanish- in L a Nacion (Argentinean newspaper).

Duchesssa

So what!This is how is dealt with pushy journalists who do not listen to reason,though luck and no big deal.At all.
Besides,this is HM Queen Beatrix thread,please post in the appropiate threads only,just to avoid raglike mix-ups & mistakes and level.
Thank you.

article

Sorry for answering in this thread, but what bothered me more actually is that the article seems to say Maxima was at the hospital because of one of her daughters not feeling well? I am not very good with spanish, but is that what the article says?

Sorry for answering in this thread, but what bothered me more actually is that the article seems to say Maxima was at the hospital because of one of her daughters not feeling well? I am not very good with spanish, but is that what the article says?

Yes,that is what it says,apparently wee Ariane had minor resperatory problems,maybe due to the change of the dutch winter and the Argentinean summer.It was just a check,she didn't have to stay overnight or anything worrying,thank goodness.
The family at first had contacted their own doctor at home,who advised them to consult a collegue at the local clinic to look after Ariane's lung infection.

Last edited:

Hola prinsesbeagle,

You can find info and updates on that subject in this thread:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-xima-their-family-december-2007-a-15191.html

Now coming back to Beatrix, is she back in NL?

Last edited:
Half the Dutch want the Queen out of politics

In April 2007, 41 percent of those asked agreed. Now that has risen to 50 percent..... - Article

Half the Dutch want the Queen out of politics

In April 2007, 41 percent of those asked agreed. Now that has risen to 50 percent..... - Article

Nonsense.Absolute nonsense by Maurice de Hond.As usual...

For this poll:the questions were not clear at all and could easily be misinterpreted

The fact is,most people don't give a hoot if or not,HM is a member of the Government.And for those who do,they appreciate her as the constant factor she is amidst all these wannabees that need something out of every situation,and more,she needs nothing and simply serves our country to the very best of her abilities.

Last edited:
As posted by Eleonore on the Benelux Royals MB:

Alexandre de Paris died. He was the hairdresser (he would prefer coiffeur) who was responsible for the hairdress of Queen Beatrix, then Princess Beatrix, in 1966 at the time of her wedding.

Well, I am not that surprised that he has so many supporters. Due to 9/11 and even more so by the election campaign of the (murdered) Pim Fortuyn, the murder on filmmaker Theo van Gogh (by a muslim extremist), the death threats that Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Geert Wilders, Eshan Jami and others received, the occasional terrorist cell that is discovered, other muslim extremists like Samir A and the Hofstad group who had plans to blow up the AIVD agency and other places etc etc etc, there is a LOT of press attention to anything related to the islam and sadly it usually is negative attention. That many islamic youngsters are causing trouble in neighbourhoods of Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague, Utrecht etc, in swimming pools, synagoges, to gay people, women an more makes it rather easy for a populist like Wilders to take advantage of the present fear among the Dutch. He usually has strong and understandable (but IMO totally rasict, counter-productive and foolish) remarks like ´the Koran is a fascist book like Mein Kampf and has to be forbidden´. At the moment he is making a movie about the islam, much like Theo van Gogh did and which was the reason why he got murdered.

Add to this mood etc. the recent change of the press towards more sansationalism, hyped items and more of the sort (a trend since they started with commercial television in the early nineties) and it will result in loads and loads of hyped items in the press about Islam, Dutch identity and more of the sort. The royal family has been a ´victim´ of the new press fodness of hypes every time something sensitive happened, as we saw during the news around Mabel, Margarita, Maxima on the Dutch Identity and the recent christmas speech (among others). I summed up the negative ones but it also works the other way around, the RF has a LOT of press attention the last years, also by the serious press. IMO the 40th birthday of the CP (the actual birthday, not the party in September) was hyped by the press too, the newspapers and television station stumbled over each other to say how he is ready for the throne, what a good vision it was by the late Prince Claus to advise WA to start about water while we all laughed at it then, etc.

Anyway, this Wilders has a new competitor since former immigration minister Rita Verdonk split up from the liberal party and started her own party ´Proud of The Netherlands´ (TON), a most charactaristic name for a political party to start in this decade. She is very popular among a large part on the right side of the political spectrum but much less extreme than Wilders, she openly said more than once that she found Wilders style and ideas far to extreme and focussed on the negative. (Note that I am not a fan of Verdonk either but at least she has some decency and common sense).

Anyway, since Verdonks entry Wilders is getting less and less support in the polls and a shocking result of 25 seats in the polls did deminish to 15 at best in the ones now. I suppose that critisism on the Queen and the RF has no advantge for a political party, traditionally the Dutch do not like politicians to be too severe about the royal family, so labour, the christian democrats and the liberals usually support the monarch in these things. The new star on the block, the former Mao-ist party of the Social Democrats only gained the landslide victory AFTER they changed their programme on the monarchy (they no longer want The Netehrlands to turn into a republic). In general I think that this little-poor-me thing of Wilders vs. the Queen will backfire, especially because his voters usually are conservative voters who in general are the most supportive ones of the monarchy.

Another liability will be the result of the movie he is making. If the reaction will result in a crisis like in Denmark or even terrorist attacks (De Telegraaf interviewed a few imams who said ´what you need is a good terrorist attack´, in relation to this film).

----

Anyway, this will eb away, it usually does. Going to the next hype and in a few years we will get another politician from a fringe party that wants to limit the Queens role. Again polls, discussion etc but nothing will change. I have seen this happen in the past too, though usually done by D66 (social-liberals).

PVV, the party of Geert Wilders today asked for an ´spoeddebat´(urgent debate) in parliament about the political role of HM The Queen. The request has been denied as no other party supported the request.

HM Queen Beatrix tonight attended a concert at the Royal Concert Building in Amsterdam. The orchestra played some things of Brahms and some other stuff. The Queen was there privately btw, but not unnoticed by some in the audience who applauded for her.

HM opened the new VIP center at Amsterdam Schiphol International Airport,Schiphol yesterday:
PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Nieboer.

HM will receive the DVD "Europe is Us" this afternoon,Marnix College,Ede.
Het Koninklijk Huis

PPE Agency

courtesy PPE/Buys

Last edited:
[
HM will receive the DVD "Europe is Us" this afternoon,Marnix College,Ede.
Het Koninklijk Huis

PPE Agency

courtesy PPE/Buys[/quote]

Loved the last photo! don't know what she was doing but it's a great picture.

Posted by Joris on the Benelux Royals MB:

The political leader of the Dutch reformed political party SGP van der Vlies is in some issues critical about Queen Beatrix. Remarkable for a member of a political party which always saw a direct link between God, Orange and Nation...

1. She is too supportive of gay people who organize the annual Pink Saturday, to which she was invited but to the organisation of which she sent a letter of support regarding the emancipatory idea hereof.
2. Queen Beatrix and the RF should always respect the Sunday as the Day of the Lord = of rest (so: no activities, Your Majesty).
3. He does not support HM's enthusiasm for the European cause. In his opinion HM is for a Federal Europe.

Besides this he respects Her Majesty...

(Interesting in this context is that more and more HM gets criticism from the right wing in Dutch society which usually staunchly supported the Queen/the idea of the monarchy... Perhaps she is too lefty in their eyes...?)

And again, posted by Joris on the Benelux Royals MB:

[FONT=verdana, arial]As usual when important round birthdays are approaching or major royal events polls are organized.

A Nipo/Blauwbloed poll says:

People expect that Queen Beatrix will abdicate
- in 2008: 27%
- in 2009: 6%
- in 2010: 35%
- later: 15%

Is the monarchy a good thing for the Netherlands?
- good: 79% [!]
- bad: 12%
- no opinion: 8%

What is the meaning of the monarchy for you?
- tradition: 17%
- a respectable institute at home and abroad: 42%
- symbol function: 27%
- part of Dutch identity: 28%

Is the Queen allowed to express her personal opinion in public?
- no: 20%
- yes: 73% [!]
- don't know: 7%

Should the Queen have more or less influence?
less: 29%
it's good as it is: 64% [!]
more: 4%
[/FONT]

the other family members:

Bernhard and his wife Anetta, lovely couple, love her dress.
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2008/080201101.jpg

Prinses Irene
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2008/08020174.jpg

Pieter Christiaan with Anita, lovely couple too and again love her dress
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2008/08020159.jpg

Marilene and Mauritz, he looks good but what is she wearing?
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2008/08020151.jpg

Aimee and Floris, well dressed, not special but well dressed.
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2008/08020157.jpg

Last edited:
royaltyforever said:
Maxima with Willem Alexander, Whoops girl, your trousers are to tiny, we don't want to see what you are showing us! yikes :bang:
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2008/08020165.jpg

I noticed that also! She really needs to pick her undergarments more carefully. It is a beautiful suit. The pictures of the pants is disguisting.:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek: One can only imagine how uncomfortable that feels!!!!:eek:

I noticed that also! She really needs to pick her undergarments more carefully. It is a beautiful suit. The pictures of the pants is disguisting.:eek:

On someone else, the gold outfit would look horrible, but Maxima can get away with it. She looks great. It does look horrible in the front...I don't want to see the back either. Yikes!

:eek: One can only imagine how uncomfortable that feels!!!!:eek:

To be quit honest,no,I can't......I useally don't wear outfits like that.
But before we wind-up in a fashion thing girls,this is the thread dedicated to HM.Not that I can tell anything new on HM this morning,the weekly staff-meeting is starting in a few minutes,maybe after that,till then.Ciao!:)

HM opened the exhibition "Amsterdam and the Oranjes" at the Amsterdam Histerical Museum this afternoon:

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/ v/d Werf.

I actually passed it by tram and saw the pilice, some fences and an AA-car wating outside. Didn't have time to wait for HM to come out of the museum though. I liked the gate they made for the occassion, a century ago that would be placed just about everywhere to enhance the festive look of a village. And in the time of Charles V they made roman buildings from cupboard of linnen and placed it in front of the medieval buildings in a city. To give Charles the feeling he enteres a Roman city..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom