The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 04:27 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
This is a funny picture, I wouldnt be surprised if it would make one or two newspapers tomorrow. HM looks good in these more quiet colours.

What is Margreet de Boer doing there btw (next to the PM)
I believe she is the CdK.

Love this picture:
Het Koninklijk Huis

courtesy RVD.

Old 09-09-2007, 07:15 AM
Majesty

HM attended the concert by the World Orchestra for Peace conducted by Valery Gergiev in the frame of the 12th annual Gergiev Festival,Rotterdam.
Het Koninklijk Huis

Old 09-10-2007, 11:45 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Some pictures of that can be found here.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
HM attended the concert by the World Orchestra for Peace conducted by Valery Gergiev in the frame of the 12th annual Gergiev Festival,Rotterdam.
Het Koninklijk Huis
Het Koninklijk Huis
Old 09-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Administrator

HM seems to wear these tunics more and more (this one isnīt to bad though). Somehow she reminds me of Queen Wilhelmina in these kind of dresses. Is daughter Vreughdenhil still working with HM (on her clothes)? I believe the last thing of Sheila de Vries she wore was at the Belgian state visit, if that oriental dress was made by Sheila...
Old 09-11-2007, 07:59 AM
Majesty

It will be a girls night out tonight as HM and Princess Máxima will attend the gala premiere of the Hans van Manen Festival,
a tribute to the 75 year old choreographer at the Muziektheater,Amsterdam.

The San Fransisco Ballet will perform "Grosse Fuge",the Mariinski Theater (Kirov) "Trois Gnossiennes" and ofcours the
National Ballet and Danstheater II will perform as well.
Het Koninklijk Huis
Old 09-11-2007, 09:25 AM
Aristocracy

Please your Majesty, fire your stylist and burn your wardrobe.
I have found peace with her helmet, but I simply can't settle with that wardrobe...

Ahh, the perks of royalty, I would very much enjoy an evening at the Ballet, thank you very much...
Old 09-12-2007, 02:23 PM
Administrator

HM opened the new cityarchives of Amsterdam, a video can be seen here, on the website of newspaper īDe Persī.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:44 AM
Heir Apparent

14-09-2007 The Hague Queen Beatrix attended the opening of the Rijksbureau of Kunsthistorische Documentatie at the Royal Library complex in The Hague.

PPE Agency
Old 09-14-2007, 03:21 PM
Majesty

Quote:
HM opened the new cityarchives of Amsterdam, a video can be seen here, on the website of newspaper īDe Persī.
PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Buys/

Wednesday september 13th Her Majesty received the Foreign Minister of the Republic of Slowakia,HE Mr.Jan Kúbis for an audience at Huis ten Bosch Palace.
Het Koninklijk Huis
Old 09-20-2007, 03:24 PM
Majesty

Three drawings by,then,Princess Beatrix were auctioned at Christie's,Amsterdam today.
PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Christie's.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:48 PM
Administrator

Apparently they were sold for 2600 to 5500 euros! Didnīt the princesses used to make these drawings as a sort of thank-you card to well wishers? I remember that I saw some of Irene and Margriet in a book at some point too. Apparently they were bought by Aad Ouborg, of the īPrincessīchain (household machines).
Old 09-20-2007, 06:12 PM
Administrator

As posted by Marianne on the Benelux Royals MB today:

Quote:
Queen Beatrix paid an (unexpected) visit to "de Zonnehof" in Amersfoort, yesterday afternoon, where a special exhibit shows beautiful works of art, inspired by poems.
* link to article (in Dutch):
http://www.ad.nl/utrecht/amersfoort/article1676792.ece

Old 09-21-2007, 02:37 AM
Majesty

Quote:
As posted by Marianne on the Benelux Royals MB today:

[/center]
It was an absolutely unexpected visit.The receptionist saw;"A Lady entering the museum who happened to have been reading the Speech from the Throne the day before" ....,she then called the director of the museum and he went to see her.HM apparently thoroughly enjoyed the visit and took her time among other visitors.The only thing noticeable were the two men posted at the entrance,what we call "the Palace boys" (security).
Old 09-24-2007, 04:02 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

According to RTL Queen Beatrix is on a Visit to Berlin today.
There's no program since it's a private visit.

Old 09-24-2007, 09:38 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
According to RTL Queen Beatrix is on a Visit to Berlin today.
There's no program since it's a private visit.
The RVD confirmed HM will attend the founding of the Trilateral Academic Centre for European Studies,Berlin today.

The centre offers courses to Jordanian,Palestinian and Israeli students on the European Union and aims at more understanding
and contacts between their respective nations.The centre is an initiative of the Royal Institute for Interfaith Studies,Amman,
the Palestinian Al-Quds University,East Jeruzalem and the Interdisciplinary Centre Herzlya,Israel and supported by the German Foreign Office.

The Gala evening on occasion of the foundation of the centre will be attended,besides by HM,by HRH Prince Hassan of Jordan
and former Israeli ambassador to Germany,Mr.Avi Primor,both dear old friends of HM and the late Prince Claus.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Dutch Queen Beatrix at an international gala evening in occasion of the presentation of the center for European Studies, at the Forreign Office in Berlin, Germany, 24 September 2007.

ANP Beeldbank
Beatrix and German Foreign Minister Frank Walter Steinmeier
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Old 09-24-2007, 05:04 PM
Administrator

Lovely earrings and I actually donīt dislike the dress! I hope Beatrix enjoyed the evening but I think a cause like this is one close to her heart. Thanks for posting, HM.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:27 AM
Majesty

HM has bestowed the Honorary Cross in the House Order of Orange to theater producer Joop van den Ende.Mr.van den Ende already was a Commander in the Order of Orange-Nassau.

van den Ende was awarded the honour due to his many services in the field of theater,stage and shows,and for specific services rendered to HM and Her Family.He organised the festive event at the Malieveld in The Hague on occasion of HM Silver Jubilee.

Mr.Floor Kist,former Grandmaster of Her Majesty,presented Mr.v/d Ende with the honour at his home in Baarn.
Het Koninklijk Huis
Old 09-26-2007, 08:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

I like the 3 brooches very much, I have seen them before, perhaps on Maxima

Quote:
Lovely earrings and I actually donīt dislike the dress! I hope Beatrix enjoyed the evening but I think a cause like this is one close to her heart. Thanks for posting, HM.

Tags
beatrix, current events, queen beatrix, queen regnant