Queen Beatrix, Current Events 4 (June 2007 - November 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Three drawings by,then,Princess Beatrix were auctioned at Christie's,Amsterdam today.
PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Christie's.

Apparently they were sold for 2600 to 5500 euros! Didn´t the princesses used to make these drawings as a sort of thank-you card to well wishers? I remember that I saw some of Irene and Margriet in a book at some point too. Apparently they were bought by Aad Ouborg, of the ´Princess´chain (household machines).

As posted by Marianne on the Benelux Royals MB today:

[/center]

It was an absolutely unexpected visit.The receptionist saw;"A Lady entering the museum who happened to have been reading the Speech from the Throne the day before" ....,she then called the director of the museum and he went to see her.HM apparently thoroughly enjoyed the visit and took her time among other visitors.The only thing noticeable were the two men posted at the entrance,what we call "the Palace boys" (security).
:flowers:

According to RTL Queen Beatrix is on a Visit to Berlin today.
There's no program since it's a private visit.

According to RTL Queen Beatrix is on a Visit to Berlin today.
There's no program since it's a private visit.

The RVD confirmed HM will attend the founding of the Trilateral Academic Centre for European Studies,Berlin today.

The centre offers courses to Jordanian,Palestinian and Israeli students on the European Union and aims at more understanding
and contacts between their respective nations.The centre is an initiative of the Royal Institute for Interfaith Studies,Amman,
the Palestinian Al-Quds University,East Jeruzalem and the Interdisciplinary Centre Herzlya,Israel and supported by the German Foreign Office.

The Gala evening on occasion of the foundation of the centre will be attended,besides by HM,by HRH Prince Hassan of Jordan
and former Israeli ambassador to Germany,Mr.Avi Primor,both dear old friends of HM and the late Prince Claus.

Dutch Queen Beatrix at an international gala evening in occasion of the presentation of the center for European Studies, at the Forreign Office in Berlin, Germany, 24 September 2007.

ANP Beeldbank
Beatrix and German Foreign Minister Frank Walter Steinmeier
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Lovely earrings and I actually don´t dislike the dress! I hope Beatrix enjoyed the evening but I think a cause like this is one close to her heart. Thanks for posting, HM.

HM has bestowed the Honorary Cross in the House Order of Orange to theater producer Joop van den Ende.Mr.van den Ende already was a Commander in the Order of Orange-Nassau.

van den Ende was awarded the honour due to his many services in the field of theater,stage and shows,and for specific services rendered to HM and Her Family.He organised the festive event at the Malieveld in The Hague on occasion of HM Silver Jubilee.

Mr.Floor Kist,former Grandmaster of Her Majesty,presented Mr.v/d Ende with the honour at his home in Baarn.
Het Koninklijk Huis

I like the 3 brooches very much, I have seen them before, perhaps on Maxima

Lovely earrings and I actually don´t dislike the dress! I hope Beatrix enjoyed the evening but I think a cause like this is one close to her heart. Thanks for posting, HM.

Apparently the visit was kept a secret. Even the press didn't have a clue and in the end Janine van den Ende had to make some pictures herself! In over-all I would say it is well deserved indeed.

--

To susan alicia: I think they are diamond starts, don' t know if they are from the set that Maxima used for her wedding tiara as they have around 10 stars in the collection.

HM received the Chair of the German Bundesrat,HE Mr.dr.H.Ringstorff,today at Huis ten Bosch Palace:
Het Koninklijk Huis

Monday october 8th the State Visit by German President Horst and Mrs. Eva Luise Köhler will start.

As posted by Joris on the Benelux Royals MB:

[FONT=verdana, arial]in Amsterdam Friday evening at the Royal Carré Theatre Queen Beatrix attended the premiere of the musical theatre Ciske The Rat (story of a little Amsterdam brat). Years ago she attended the film premiere too. Both actors, "old" (who now plays his father, and who also became a musical singer) and young Ciske, of course, were there too. And the Queen wanted to pose in between them. It was a moving event, the Queen wiped off a tear or two... because this classic song keeps being very moving. In a true Amsterdam/Jordanese Accent (our own Cockney accent). H.M. obviously forgave them using bad language ("krijg toch allemaal de klere".../you guys you all go to hell... is a neat translation)[/FONT]

Beatrix and the cast
Talking to Danny de Munk
Erwin van Lambaart, a lovely Janine van den Ende, young actor and Beatrix
Beatrix with her arm around the young actor

I love the golden dress that Beatrix is wearing. Apparently this was the first musical premiere the Queen ever attended. Note that the Queen awarded the producer, Joop van den Ende a high and rare decoration only two weeks ago. The Queen was accompanied by at least two ladies in waiting. In the newspaper I saw Mienthe Boelaard and Martine van Loon-Labouchere. HM was seated between Joop van den Ende and the mayor of Amsterdam, Job Cohen.

In 1984 HM attended the premiere of the original, the book ´Ciske de Rat´:

Beatrix, Claus and Danny de Munk in 1984

Ha, ha Danny de munk, the actor that puts his head close to hers makes the picture gezellig, as the dutch say.

It is so nice to see Beatrix out and about and doing things that she must have some pleasure in. Between this visit which was not really all that publicized and the visit to the museum it does not look like she is slowing down at all.

What do you all think about that psychic who claimed that Beatrix would abdicate on 13 October? What a bunch on nonsense I think! Obviously that did not happen, but it does open up the discussion about what we all think regarding when she might do that. I hope that she does not do it any time in the near future! She still has much to offer, and W-A and Maxima could definitely enjoy the time with their children.

It is so nice to see Beatrix out and about and doing things that she must have some pleasure in. Between this visit which was not really all that publicized and the visit to the museum it does not look like she is slowing down at all.

What do you all think about that psychic who claimed that Beatrix would abdicate on 13 October? What a bunch on nonsense I think! Obviously that did not happen, but it does open up the discussion about what we all think regarding when she might do that. I hope that she does not do it any time in the near future! She still has much to offer, and W-A and Maxima could definitely enjoy the time with their children.

It doesn't open any discussion at all.I read it,the man was a freek,discharged from the asylum to early,so,no way,imnsho,to start a moot and boring discussion on any abdication,(there already is an "abdication thread" btw)maybe the old girl tells us all off and hopefully,remains HM for at least another 5 to10 years.Everything related to that is just speculation,and just that and darn boring too_Only HM knows,if,when and how or at all.She enjoys what she is doing too much to give up already.
:)

Last edited:
HM is to hand out the Royal Free Painters Award at the Municipal museum,The Hague this afternoon.The annual Award was founded by King Willem III.The event used to take place at the Royal Palace,Amsterdam but as that is,still,closed due to extensive renovations,for the time being the ceremony is held in The Hague.

And her are the pictures from the event, Lucien. :)

Queen Beatrix handed over the royal prize for free painting 2007 at the Gemeentemuseum. Malin Persson is one of the winners the queen awarded.
EPA/ROBIN UTRECHT

Pictures:
Queen Beatrix studies a painting by artist Malin Persson
Queen Beatrix talks to artist Marjolijn de Wit about her paintings
Queen Beatrix talks to artist Marjolijn de Wit next to her painting 'Untitled'
Queen Beatrix talks to artist Malin Persson next to her winning painting 'Sound, silence, echo'

HM is to hand out the Royal Free Painters Award at the Municipal museum,The Hague this afternoon.The annual Award was founded by King Willem III.The event used to take place at the Royal Palace,Amsterdam but as that is,still,closed due to extensive renovations,for the time being the ceremony is held in The Hague.

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Nieboer.

I thought Q.Beatrix went deep into her thoughts while looking at some of the lovely paintings. This was very intresting, some paintings (from the picture) were either really colorful or black, grey & white's.

Queen Beatrix hands over royal prize for free painting 2007 - isifa gallery

Tons of lovely pictures of Queen Beatrix when handed over the "Free Art of Painting Award" to 4 young artists, The Hague 19-10-2007 - click here (cant enlarge pictures)

Is this the award that was started by King Willem III? I believe it is financed with the Queen´s private funds, isn´t it?

01-11-2007 The Hague Queen Beatrix attended the celebration jubilee National Ombudsman, Alex Brenninkmeijer, in The Hague - picture gallery

ANP pictures
Pic 1 -- Pic 2 -- Pic 3

Last edited:
HM visited several communities in Hoeksche Waard (a landscape in the South of the Netherlands). She visited several organisations, a school, the Campina-company for 9!!! hours nonstop, just a rest for lunch (Starter was somthing with Scotish Salmon, main course was turbot, dessert was fruitcake, mousse au chocolate and raspberry icecream.)

http://s180.photobucket.c...w&current=6559408.jpg
http://s180.photobucket.c...w&current=6560203.jpg
http://s180.photobucket.c...w&current=6561642.jpg
http://s180.photobucket.c...w&current=6560174.jpg (The gumboots are gifts for her grandchildren
grin.gif
)
http://s180.photobucket.c...w&current=6561619.jpg
http://s180.photobucket.c...w&current=6561541.jpg
http://s180.photobucket.c...w&current=6561488.jpg
http://s180.photobucket.c...w&current=6560230.jpg

Just a few things about the visit yesterday:

First a video, http://www.rtvrijnmond.nl...t%20de%20Hoeksche%20Waard (click at the link under the photo) but most of the time you see the preparing, but it is so lovely when HM arrives (after 2/3 of the video), the first thing she is trying to do (after greeting the mayor): She tries to warm the hand of the girl, who gave her the flowers. (It was a cold day yesterday). This is so cute.
cute.gif

- There were much more people than were expected. And Beatrix said she was very moved that so many of them waited so long in the cold.
- The 8-year-old Jacobine Mourits didn`t wait, but ran to Beatrix to give her a picture painted by her. Beatrix handed it to her Hofdame, but said to her that she want the picture back later.
- Another little girl (around 2 years) thought that it was Santa Claus coming out of the bus.
laughbounce.gif

- Beatrix leaved one of her agenda points more than one our later than it was scheduled, because she also visited a hospice, because of the long and deep conversations there.

I saw a report of this on television, it was a grander visit than usual, the presentor called it a sort of Queensday but in November. HM also visited a hospice, where people who are dying can go to if nobody can look after them at home. She stayed there 1 hour longer (!) than planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom