Queen Beatrix, Current Events 4 (June 2007 - November 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HM,Chair,hosted a dinner for the Council of State at Noordeinde Palace last night.

TRH The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima were in attendance.

I add a link to the Council of State,on the main page you'll see the former Kneuterdijk Palace,now in use by the Council but once the residence of the then Prince and Princess of Orange who later became King Willem II and Queen Anna-Pavlovna.It was here the King signed the Constitution by Thorbecke in 1848,and by doing so prevented an uproar/revolution like was the case all over Europe in that year.There is a plaque to the left of the Palace commemorating that moment.The King turned from Absolute Monarch to a Constitutional one overnight.Much to the dismay of his son and Heir.But that's another story.
Raad van State

November on our doorstep,Make a Difference Day is near.What,where and whom?No idea,you'll know when I know...:whistling:

I think the MADD was postponed to 20 and 21 March, nothing to ddo with the RF but with the organisation More in Dutch here.

I think the MADD was postponed to 20 and 21 March, nothing to ddo with the RF but with the organisation More in Dutch here.

Oh yes,there's that,there is MADD this weekend but slimmed down to tune up to the march 2009 new MADD concept.

HM had a rather very busy schedule yesterday,saturday november 1st.

Starting in the morning at the "Zonnestraal " estate in Hilversum where HM opened the Year of Traditions 2009.
ANP Beeldbank

Turned out the number one cherished tradition here is Pakjesavond on december 5th,Sinterklaas,lovely.

Number two is setting up the Christams tree.

And number three is:Koninginnedag.So,HM was presented with a t-shirt Nr.3 "Koninginnedag.
Het Koninklijk Huis

Later that day HM received the first copy of the photobook "The Southernes"at the cruise-terminal,Rotterdam.
Het Koninklijk Huis

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/nieuwsberichten/2008/11/rotterdam-zuid.html

courtesy HJA.

In the evening HM attended the memorial concert for Antillean composer Jan Gerard Palm at Diligentia,The Hague.
Het Koninklijk Huis

Last edited:
HM will attend the jubilee symposium "Nostalgia or Necesetty" on occasion of the 150th anniversary of the
Royal Archeological Society,Doopsgezinde Kerk,Amsterdam,friday november 7th.

Het Koninklijk Huis

Last edited:
HM The Queen will attend the Amsterdam - India festival,Amsterdam tonight.

HM will attend the concert East meets West by the Ensemble Modern and soloists from India,Concertgebouw Amsterdam.
Het Koninklijk Huis

This thread reached 10 pages so time to close it and start a new one. Thanks to all who participated and we hope to see you all in the 9th thread dedicated to the current events of Queen Beatrix, which you can find here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom