Queen Beatrix, Current Events 3 (June 2006 - May 2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

purple_platinum

Heir Apparent
City
Jakarta
Country
Indonesia
Welcome to a new, fresh thread for Queen Beatrix of Netherlands' current events

The previous thread can be found here

Please post current news and pictures of Queen Beatrix in this thread.
While doing so, please remember to follow the TRF posting guidelines and the copyright rules TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines :
  • The current events' thread is only for current news & events
  • Do not forget to provide sources for all photos & articles
  • Please do not linked the photos directly. Hotlinking is strongly prohibited.
  • Pictures from previous events may be posted in the picture thread via imagehost.
  • Please be respectful to others' opinions even if you're disagree, and always be courteous to your follow members.
  • Lastly, have fun and enjoy!

Today Queen Beatrix opened a so-called information column in Doorn at the National Park the Hoge Veluwe. The column is a symbol for all 20 information columns which are located in the 20 National Parks of the Netherlands. On the columns, people can find information about the National parks.

At the pics (ANP) Queen Beatrix is measuring the height of a tree with the help of a wooden triangle. :)

Attachments

• zuil02.jpg
    zuil02.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 528
  • zuil03.jpg
    zuil03.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 370
  • zuil04.jpg
    zuil04.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 329
  • zuil05.jpg
    zuil05.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 310
  • zuil01.jpg
    zuil01.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 302
The Queen looks beautiful. I really like this black hat. :)

Our queen has a busy day today.
She looks wonderful.
I hope we will see more pictures from today.

This afternoon, the Queen (one busy woman!) visited the Mobarak Mosque in The Hague, the eldest mosque in the Netherlands. It celebrates it's fiftieth birthday this year.

Pics from ANP

And some more pics of today's events by ppe.

Attachments

• 06060206.jpg
    06060206.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 373
  • 06060219.jpg
    06060219.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 319
  • 06060218.jpg
    06060218.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 362
  • 06060208.jpg
    06060208.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 313
  • 06060207.jpg
    06060207.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 308
  • 06060205.jpg
    06060205.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 359
  • 06060204.jpg
    06060204.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 367
  • 06060203.jpg
    06060203.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 320
  • 06060202.jpg
    06060202.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 336
  • 06060201.jpg
    06060201.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:
The light purple dress looked really nice. :)
She indeed is very busy this days.
Nice to see her so happy. ;)

That is one busy lady!
The visit to the mosque was covereed on the television news for some length. The Queen did not put her hand forward to shake, with the muslim men, out of respect for their religion. Two years ago a muslim leader caused quite some controversy when he refused to shake the hand of a female goverment minister. Apparently the Queen did not want such an incident to cast shadows over this visit. The leader of the mosque calls the Queen an example for all of us (as she shows that people should behave with respect towards each others culture).

BTW, the day hasn't even finished for HM, tonight she will attend the opening of the Holland festival in Amsterdam.

Marengo said:
That is one busy lady!
The visit to the mosque was covereed on the television news for some length. The Queen did not put her hand forward to shake, with the muslim men, out of respect for their religion. Two years ago a muslim leader caused quite some controversy when he refused to shake the hand of a female goverment minister. Apparently the Queen did not want such an incident to cast shadows over this visit. The leader of the mosque calls the Queen an example for all of us (as she shows that people should behave with respect towards each others culture).

Agree she really is a 'unifying' force in that sense. This is exactly the kind of thing she is so great at, being her iconic self while drawing attention to a cause, rather than herself. I love how she treats everyone she meets with the utmost respect. This is a prime example of what a monarch is supposed to do, supposed to be. I hope she has a long life ahead of her & stays on as a queen for at least another decade!

princess olga said:
Agree she really is a 'unifying' force in that sense. This is exactly the kind of thing she is so great at, being her iconic self while drawing attention to a cause, rather than herself. I love how she treats everyone she meets with the utmost respect. This is a prime example of what a monarch is supposed to do, supposed to be. I hope she has a long life ahead of her & stays on as a queen for at least another decade!

I totally agree with you, princess Olga. Some people in this country should take a look at Beatrix and how she deals with people from different countries and backgrounds. I think she's an example to all of us when it comes to that!:)

Queen Beatrix looks very good today!and congratulations to princess Olga and Maxie, the two of youare an example alredy :)

princess olga said:

I agree. In a speech she made in Latvia, she referred to the "opportunities" that immigration issues present for us to learn to live together differently, or something to that effect. I thought how positive her use of the word "opportunities" was -- as opposed to using "challenges" or something to that effect. She does seem to be a great woman.

Emily said:
I agree. In a speech she made in Latvia, she referred to the "opportunities" that immigration issues present for us to learn to live together differently, or something to that effect. I thought how positive her use of the word "opportunities" was -- as opposed to using "challenges" or something to that effect. She does seem to be a great woman.

Yes it shows she is really an independent thinker with a long term vision who's keeping her cool in the middle of a distinct anti-immigrant whirlwind going through much of the Western world. I am just so glad she is rising to the cause and really coming to the defense of a group of people who aren't having an easy time.

She really is stepping up to the plate here, and sure, we can all say, "oh this is her role and this is after all what she's for, if anything", and while that is true, there are other monarchs who shall remain nameless, who are NOT in this sense doing what Beatrix is: sticking their comfy necks out and overcoming their own fears in order to help others. This is what Beatrix is doing and she is doing it in a lucid way and with a smile.

Although I am typically the first person to criticize royalty--and Beatrix isn't entirely off my hook, what with the fact I disagree with her decision to not open up gorgeously & expensively renovated Huis Ten Bosch to the public--I recognize that there are times we should be thankful there are iconic humans on the planet who step up to the plate when most needed to give the right example to everyone with their behavior and their vision. And this is what Beatrix is doing here and I am thankful for that: here is a woman who is naturally shy and reserved, who is sticking her neck out for the greater good. She is taking a risk with this, but I think it will pay off in the long run, for her, for the monarchy but also for Dutch society.

Yesterday night, our truely wonderful and busy Queen visited the opening of the Holland Festival in the 'Muziektheater aan het IJ' in Amsterdam.

Her coat looks like something Mabel would wear too (not necessarily bad in this case, it just reminds me of some frumpy coats/tops Mabel has worn...) :)

Pictures from Picture press europe

Attachments

• hf07.jpg
    hf07.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 334
  • hf13.jpg
    hf13.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 381
  • hf12.jpg
    hf12.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 314
  • hf11.jpg
    hf11.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 355
  • hf10.jpg
    hf10.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 403
  • hf08.jpg
    hf08.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 376
  • hf06.jpg
    hf06.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 270
  • hf05.jpg
    hf05.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 373
  • hf04.jpg
    hf04.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 334
  • hf09.jpg
    hf09.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 309
This coat looked great on her. :) She looked really elegant.
I agree that this coat seems to be much influenced by the style of Mabel. ;)

Her_Majesty said:
This coat looked great on her. :) She looked really elegant.
I agree that this coat seems to be much influenced by the style of Mabel. ;)
maybe it's also Victor and Rolf, Mabel's favorite designer team.

Thanks again for you eloquent post(s) Princess Olga, I couldn't agree more! I am glad that the Queen takes her unifying role so seriously instead of causing more polarisation, which disappointed me in one of her collegues.

02JUNE, 2006 - Queen Beatrix visits the Mobarak Mosque in The Hague.
Queen Beatrix visits the Mobarak Mosque in The Hague because of its 50 years old existence. The mosque is build in 1955 from a design of architect Frits Beck and the oldest mosque in Holland.

more from royalimages :

Attachments

• RI020604.jpg
    RI020604.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 338
  • RI020603.jpg
    RI020603.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 326
  • RI020602.jpg
    RI020602.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 307
  • RI020601.jpg
    RI020601.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 329
princess olga said:
maybe it's also Victor and Rolf, Mabel's favorite designer team.

Think not,HM has been seen wairing this cape/coat for at least 5 years.:)

13-06-2006
Queen Beatrix visiting a Seniors-living-complex in Haarlem

ANP

Images from PPE

Attachments

• 06061321.jpg
    06061321.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 279
  • 06061322.jpg
    06061322.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 233
  • 06061323.jpg
    06061323.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 321
  • 06061324.jpg
    06061324.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 281
  • 06061325.jpg
    06061325.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 271
  • 06061326.jpg
    06061326.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 283
  • 06061327.jpg
    06061327.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 302
  • 06061328.jpg
    06061328.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 215
lucien said:
In the early fifties Prince Bernhard was given carte blanche,more or less,with a government and a family backing him wholeheardtedly in order to put post-war The Netherlands on the map again,both economically and politically.Seen in the light of that time and age,then as now,there were horrific world issues,the then Cold War being one of them,and a growing divide,then as now,between the US and Europe,it was Prince Bernhards idea to bridge these dividing issues.Over the years this conference has grown into one of the worlds most influential yet informal meetings.Beatrix as a Princess accompanied her father to those meetings several times during the fifties and onwards.

On the side,
It was upon returning from one of those meetings,in the US,that their aircraft got into horrific turbulence with an emergency landing as a result.During those bumpy minutes the bond between father and daughter grew even more stronger,if possible.

Great anecdote indeed! hadnt heard it either!

Also, it is said that Beatrix had been instrumental in the early sixties, after her graduation, in rallying and spearheading the Bilderberg efforts among her own generation, which she deemed uninterested in politics at the time.

As for Bernhard, I think what with the Bilderberg group and other efforts, he really made a great contribution to the world at large. just wanted to mention this, as he's often remembered for the Lockheed scandal and the more frivolous endeavors of his life, which is a shame.

Marengo said:
Thanks again for you eloquent post(s) Princess Olga, I couldn't agree more! I am glad that the Queen takes her unifying role so seriously instead of causing more polarisation, which disappointed me in one of her collegues.
Thanks for the kind words, Marengo! All I'm noticing is that while most of her peers these days only inspire increasing indifference in me, Beatrix is doing the exact opposite: the longer she's been on the Dutch throne, the more interesting she's become.

Especially in recent years, she's really shown she can listen to people and then make up her own, original, wise mind. She's really grown tremendously well into her role, again especially in recent years. This is why I have the feeling we haven't even seen the best of her yet, which is saying a lot, as she's done an awesome job over the years. She's evolving from being the queen of the Dutch into a true world leader. Mark my words, she's going to surprise us even more in the years to come, and the only negative about that one will be that Alexander will have some huge shoes to fill, in due course.

princess olga said:
Especially in recent years, she's really shown she can listen to people and then make up her own, original, wise mind. She's really grown tremendously well into her role, again especially in recent years. This is why I have the feeling we haven't even seen the best of her yet, which is saying a lot, as she's done an awesome job over the years. She's evolving from being the queen of the Dutch into a true world leader. Mark my words, she's going to surprise us even more in the years to come,

I think some of us here can form a Beatrix Mutual Adoration Society! :) I feel the exact same way about Beatrix. A few years ago when I started following the Dutch royals she seemed plain and boring. There wasn't much about her that was charismatic to me, but then I started reading the anecdotes here from everyone and all the little stories about how caring and considerate and thoughtful Beatrix is really touched me. I think she is someone who is very conscientious about her role as queen and is working hard to unite all of Dutch society, whether it be classes or religious factors.

I could not have more admiration for Queen Beatrix. The more I learn about her the more impressed I am.

Alexandria said:
I think some of us here can form a Beatrix Mutual Adoration Society! :)
LOL yes indeed! Actually I think we'd attract quite a following!

Alexandria said:
I feel the exact same way about Beatrix. A few years ago when I started following the Dutch royals she seemed plain and boring.
yes especially compared to her much admired mother, Juliana, who was very much a what-you-see-is-what-you-get type person. Beatrix is more guarded, and while that's understandable when everyone you meet wants a piece of you, I think it's also contributed to an image that isn't quite the complete story. And you're right, it doesn't take that much more information to realize Beatrix is quite something else. I'm totally with you: the more I see/read of her, the more impressed I am!

Marengo said:
Thanks Lucien, I never heard that story about Benrhard and Beatrix before! It must have been a scary experience. I even get upset with the slightest turbulence in the airplane.

Upset?I just change colour....:eek: :D
The above happened in the fifties,when propeller aircraft took you from here to there if they didn't give up in mid-air.They could'nt fly high altitudes or long distance like now.So mostly a flight was a bumpy right as they also were unable to avoid depressions/bad weather.Guess that would find us both holding hands,you wibbly wobbly and moi green,or any other colour availeble in the spectrum...

I'm sure there are/must be many more anecdotes concerning father and daughter,as they were what we call here;"Twee handen op een buik",(two hands on one belly,I know that sounds/looks silly in english),but voila,that's how it was.

Over the years HM has become hugely respected and loved.Not that that was expected at the beginning of her Reign,in general people thought of her as haughty and too distant.But with her late husband Prince Claus as her closest adviser/supporter she emerged into who she is now.

The start of her Reign saw a re-styling of the Court on a huge scale,and that wasn't taken easily,allthough necessary to transfer the Court into the smooth operated one it is now.Times had changed,from the "easy going" call me madam attitude of her beloved mother,HM wished to be addressed as Majesty,causing a slight stur in the process,as we dutch go by the;"We're dutch,act normal,that's silly enough".But she has proven to be right to put the Monarch/Monarchy at it's rightfull place.She also has an almost legendary way of preparing herself for functions,any function,going into great detail,miticulous even.Only to often find herself better informed then those who should,leaving them with more then just a blush,and herself with a grin and/or "The Eye",(Her most disapproving look that would set you off and run,while you can't).

Still,HM is a little shy at heart,a great heart,directed towards her Family and to all that live here.

And she can be self-critical as well,

At a certain jeweller,she,still a Princess,showed great interest in a perticular set of earrings,but she wished them to be slightly altered this way or that and could'nt really make up her mind.The what if/yes but lasted "long" even to her,so she exclaimed;"Gosh,I'm sorry,I can be such a frumpy type"(Ik kan zo'n trut zijn).I'd say it was more out of her sense for detail.....;)

HM was on a working visit at the Veterans Institute,Doorn this afternoon.
HM had talks with older and younger veterans and was informed about
recent developments within the dutch veteran community.
The Institute was opened on may 10th 2001 in the presence of the late Prince Bernhard.

Have not yet seen pics tho.Purple_Platinum,Marengo,anyone?:)

Found one;
http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=16115

Last edited:
HM has received the Ambassador of Malta,HE mr.A.Strickland for a farewell lunch at Huis ten Bosch Palace today.

Yesterday HM received the german ambassador,HE Dr.E.Duckwitz for a farewell lunch at Huis ten Bosch Palace.

Tight schedule I would say....

I didn't find anything from the visit to Doorn, Lucien. But workingvisits aren't always attended by the press. I do like it that she visited the old veterans who must feel a bit orphanned after Prince Bernhard died. So again, she is very much her fathers daughter!!!

A pity the german ambassador is leaving, he was such a gentlemen (as are all the german ambassadors I can remember) Didn't he have a dutch wife?

Here some pictures of HM on tuesday, opening a service-center in Haarlem (first 2: ANP, the opthers from Seegerpress) The Queen at least wore this hat during the civil wedding of Constantijn and during the state visit to Russia (and on some other occasions as well I believe):

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b5.jpg

b6.jpg

b7.jpg

b8.jpg

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom