Queen Beatrix, Current Events 3 (June 2006 - May 2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too true! :lol: I love Queen Beatrix all sourrounded by all her little grandchildren. They are all adorable.

Vanesa.

That is a very nice picture of Queen Beatrix with her grandchildren. Thanks puppigurl2005.

Oh that has just made my day. I can just picture their parents standing behind the camera pulling faces making them laugh. The Queen must be so proud sitting their with her 7 grandchildren (soon to be 8).

Another thing, Claus casimir and Leonor are so alike she is like his double.:flowers:

It is a lovely picture of the Queen and her grandchildren.

Queen Beatrix is perceft grandmother och love his seven grandchildren!!! Queen with beautiful grandchildren on his 69th birthday!

HM will pay a State Visit to Slovakia end of may,details of the program have not been announced yet nor if Prince Willem-Alexander/Máxima will join her.

http://www.royalblog.nl/

Courtesy HJA.

Last edited:
well, hopefully for Maxima she will already have given birth by then, otherwise she would be almost in her 11th month ;)

The new government was sworn-in by HM The Queen this afternoon at Huis ten Bosch Palace.

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE.

Last edited:
That suit looks very well on HM, it seems flattering. However a brighter colour would have made her stand out more, between all the dark suits of the gentlemen.
I wish they hadput Maria van der Hoeven (Economic affairs) on the first row though, she seems to be wearing something simular as the Duchess of Brabant recently (the fur neckline), and is usually an elegant woman IMHO.

I can't imagine Queen Elizabeth doing this. For one thing you wouldn't see her behind John Prescott. I think it's good, it shows that the Queen is directly linked and involved with the Government.

lucien said:
The new government was sworn by HM The Queen this afternoon at Huis ten Bosch Palace.

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE.

This picture is article 42 of the Constitution in the flesh:

Article 42
1) The Government comprises of The King and the ministers;
2) The King is inviolable: the ministers are responsible.

:flowers:

The oath
In the Oranjesael (Orange Hall) of Huis ten Bosch Palace,
the ministers have solemnly pledged, in person and in the hands of Her Majesty the Queen, the following Oath:

"I swear that I, to get appointed as Minister, nor directly neither indirectly, under which name or any pretence whatsoever, have given or promised any gift or privilege;

I swear that I, for doing or not doing something in this Office, nor directly neither indirectly, under which name or any pretence whatsoever, have given or have promised, will give or will promise any gift or privilege;

I swear allegiance and loyalty to The Queen, to the Statute for the Kingdom and to the Constitution;

I swear that I will faithfully perform all the duties of my Office;

So help me God Almighty!"

Last edited:
The Queen is needed

BeatrixFan said:
I can't imagine Queen Elizabeth doing this. For one thing you wouldn't see her behind John Prescott. I think it's good, it shows that the Queen is directly linked and involved with the Government.

The picture would be incomplete without her as the Constitution states 'The Government comprises of The King and the ministers' (article 42).

This is also a significant difference with most monarchies. Only Luxembourg has the same system (inherited from the Dutch rule until 1890).
Queen Beatrix can not say 'My Government': she herself is IN the Government.... And there is also no 'Her Majesty's Most Loyal Opposition' as the opposition is against the Government. From which the Queen herself is part of....

There have been attempts to get the Queen 'out of the Government' because it gives her a lof of uncontrollable influence, but there is no desire to change it. The parties and the people are satisfied with the present status quo which has crystallized so since 1848.

Last edited:
Marengo said:
That suit looks very well on HM, it seems flattering. However a brighter colour would have made her stand out more, between all the dark suits of the gentlemen.
I wish they hadput Maria van der Hoeven (Economic affairs) on the first row though, she seems to be wearing something simular as the Duchess of Brabant recently (the fur neckline), and is usually an elegant woman IMHO.
Isn't the order in which the ministers are placed determined by rules? I heard something about it on tv last week. But of course I agree, I would have loved to see Van der Hoeven at the first row, her fur thing looks interesting. ;) She should have switched places with Ter Horst (the purple one). It wouldn't have been too bad to see less of her purple attire. :ROFLMAO:

hmm...not a big fan of the suit. HM wears a lot of blue - that is understandeable considering how regal of a color it is and how well it suits virtually any occassion. but I think it often makes her look a bit washed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom