Queen Beatrix, Current Events 3 (June 2006 - May 2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is her privat bureau at noordeinde. I once saw it on TV. She has a lot of private photos at her bureau. A big photo of her husband has a very prominent place at her desk.

UserDane said:
No - she was wrongly translated as having said that!:wacko: The offensive word here is 'modspil' which has wrongly been translated to 'opposition'; modspil may be the interaction between equally strong parties, it may be response or even opposition but not in a negative way.

And no, she didn't write an article or speech about it:wacko: (wouldn't it have been great to check something like this out before making claims?)
As to the book by Annelise Bistrup about Queen Margrethe II, excerpts from this book can be found eg. here: http://jeppesn.dk/kongerige/citater-annelise-bistrup.html

I disse år udfordres vi af islam. Både globalt og lokalt. Der er noget imponerende ved mennesker, for hvem religioner gennemsyrer tilværelsen fra morgen til aften, fra vugge til grav. Der er også kristne, der har det sådan.
Men det er en udfordring, vi er nødt til at tage alvorligt. Vi har
ganske givet ladet det flagre i alt for lang tid. Fordi vi er
tolerante - og temmelig dovne. Jeg synes virkelig ikke, det er
nemt. Og heller ikke så rart.

My translation:
"In these years we are challenged by islam, globally and locally. There is something impressive about human beings for whom religion pervades their life from morning till night, from cradle to grave. There are Christians who feel the same way"
But it is a challenge we have to take seriously. We have certainly let it blow in the wind for far too long time. Because we are tolerant - and rather lazy. I really do not think it is easy. And not very pleasant either"

My translation:"One has to show a response ['modspil'] and sometime one has to run the risk of being labelled something less flattering. Because there are certain things one should not tolerate. When you are tolerant you have to check out whether you are so because of convenience or conviction"

Funny, I would assume that a person making this sort of statement would have at least a figment of knowledge of the monarch's role in Denmark. The monarch in Denmark is non-political - FULL STOP.

[..]. And that is exactly how a queen and prominent member of the Christian church should react.

----
Admins, sorry for taking up this much space about a Danish issue in a Dutch thread; but had to react to a post so filled with misinformation.
I will refrain from commenting on this since it's off topic indeed, except for this: for a queen who, according to your explanation, is so totally A-political, isn't it a bit, well, peculiar that Margrethe would go out of her way to singling out a religion that is n't hers and commenting on how certain things within it shouldn't be tolerated? If she is so non partisan and above all politics, she shouldn't defend Christianity with such a vengance I think. That she commented the way she did about islam, as a non-political monarch no less, singling them out and pointing out how some things within that religion shouldn't be tolerated, is quite insulting and dividing and thus something that Queen Beatrix would never <ever> do. Not in this way, not on your life, or mine. That's why I'm standing by my earlier comments, that's why I admire Beatrix more than Margrethe.

Last edited:
I think Queen Beatrix looks happier when she is with children.Thanks for the pictures :flowers:

26-10-2006 Amsterdam Queen Beatrix at the special Synagogue service in Amsterdam at the occasion of 75 year Union of Liberal-Religious Jews in the Netherlands

from ppe

06102602uv4.jpg

Last edited:
Good to see HM again, especially at such a function.

I recently saw an almost simular multi-coloured pearl necklace in the shopwindow of jeweler Bonebakker (in Amsterdam), didn't see the price though ;). I believe Bonebakker The Hague is where the RF get's some jewels (engagementring of Mabel for example), so this one is most probably from their collection as well.

This thread has reached 10 pages, time for a new one which can be found here.

Thanks to all who participated in this thread and we hope to see you all in the 6th current events thread of Queen Beatrix.

Queen Beatrix - Current News Part 6 (Oct 2006-May 2007)

Welcome to the 6th thread for Queen Beatrix of Netherlands' current events

The previous thread can be found
here

Please post current news and pictures of Queen Beatrix in this thread.
While doing so, please remember to follow the TRF posting guidelines and the copyright rules
TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines :
  • The current events' thread is only for current news & events
  • Do not forget to provide sources for all photos & articles
  • Please do not linked the photos directly. Hotlinking is strongly prohibited.
  • Pictures from previous events may be posted in the picture thread via imagehost.
  • Please be respectful to others' opinions even if you're disagree, and always be courteous to your follow members.
  • Lastly, have fun and enjoy!

Just saw on the news that HM received Angela Merkel today at Palace Noordeinde in The Hague, HM was dressed in pink & Angela wore a business suit.

Her_Majesty said:
Queen Beatrix and German chancellor Angela Merkel at Huis ten Bosh

wasn't there a gala?? if so are there pictures??

Princess Robijn said:
wasn't there a gala?? if so are there pictures??
I don't think so, since this was no State Visit to the Netherlands. It has been a short meeting between the Queen and the Chancellor.
Anyway, I'm glad that we didn't see Mrs. Merkel in a Galadress again :lol:

Her_Majesty said:
I don't think so, since this was no State Visit to the Netherlands. It has been a short meeting between the Queen and the Chancellor.
Anyway, I'm glad that we didn't see Mrs. Merkel in a Galadress again :lol:

I found something at www.koninklijkhuis.nl
it said there was a galadiner.. to bad there aren't any pictures :(

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bondskanselier Merkel bezoekt 27 oktober 2006 Nederland

De Bondskanselier van Duitsland, dr. Angela Merkel, brengt vrijdag 27 oktober een werkbezoek aan Nederland.

De Bondskanselier wordt ’s middags ontvangen door minister-president Balkenende. In de namiddag ontvangt Hare Majesteit de Koningin haar in audiëntie op Paleis Huis ten Bosch. Vervolgens houdt mevrouw Merkel een toespraak tijdens een galadiner van de Stichting Instandhouding Nieuwspoort in de Ridderzaal.
20 oktober 2006
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dutch Queen Beatrix (R) receives Javier Solana, Secretary General of the European Union at her palace Huis ten Bosch, on Thursdauy 23 November 2006. Solana is in the Netherlands to receive the Carnegie-Wateler peace prize in the peace palace.
ANP

Picture
Picture 2

The last couple of days the Queen has been busy to make some sense out of the elections (good luck, as nobody knows what to think of them). She first received the chairmans of the 2nd chamber and the 1st chamber of parlament and the chairman of the counsil of state. Then she received all leaders of the political parties that came into parlament this time, among them the leader of the newly elected party of the animals (yes you are reading this right). Those talks have finished today and HM will balance the advices of the leaders with the chairman of the counsil of state. She will probably appoint one or two 'informateurs' who will screen which parties can rule with which parties. It is expected that the formation of a new goverment will take several months, especially as the results of the elections make matters rather complicated.

Queen Beatrix and The Corps Diplomatique

HM received the Credentials of the following newly appointed ambassadors today at Noordeinde Palace:

HE the ambassador of the Republic of India,Mrs.Neelam D. Sabharwal

HE the ambassador of the Republic Indonesia,Mr.Junus Effendi Habibie

HE the ambassador of the Republic Albania,Mr.Roland Bimo.

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=17096

Queen looked wonderful this night. I love her outfit ;)

Christmas-tree for the palace

[FONT=verdana, arial]As is the tradition, the royal forestry has cutted down a big christmas-tree on Het Loo Crown Estate and transported it to the palace. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]

The tree was placed (under bad weather) on the basse-cour of Palace Het Loo, in a -so to see- permanent hole.
Follow the link for a video. It might ask you (in Dutch) for your age, for advertorial reasons.

[/FONT]

Nice variety of videos

In today's episode of 'Blauw Bloed' (Blue Blood) you can see the following highlights:

visit of Máxima to the Morrocoan foundation Oemnia who has opened a shop called Sharika

a WONDERFUL retrospection on the first three years of Princess Catharina-Amalia, it will bring a smile on your face

a retrospect with mrs. Theresia Vreugdenhil, who has made the garderobe of Princess Beatrix / Queen Beatrix for 40 years.
Including insiders' pics on the robe and mantle she wore at the Investiture

a report on the glittering diamond stars which were made famous by Empress Elizabeth ('Sissi') of Austria, and which still are very en vogue at the Netherlands royal court

Follow the link and choose Windows Media or Real.
Enjoy!
:flowers:

http://www.eo.nl/portals/programs/episode.jsp?episode=7870440&season=7505690&portal=4177509

A pity she didn' t climb into the submarine, it would have made a great picture to see the royal hat/head disappearing in the upstanding tube ;)

Vorstelijk

Ha, how vorstelijk (royal) the expression of Queen Beatrix can be...

I see that Her Majesty finally used her new royalblue bomb- and bulletfree Volvo.
Almost a year ago new extended Volvos were purchased for the Queen (there already were lots of Volvos for the other members of the Royal House and for the staff of the royal household). This was reported in the media because Queen Beatrix and her strange extended middle-class Ford Scorpio (and before that a Ford Granada :wacko: ), that was the image we knew from her.

:flowers:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom