Queen Beatrix, Current Events 2 (August 2005 - June 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, "Gelukkige verjaardag" to the Queen!! (Hope I said that right and didn't just say something really horrible and rude!)

Has anyone heard how she has been progressing?

No news on it, except that she is still on crutches at home and everything goes according to plan.

--

Your birthday wish was lovely ;)

Happy Birthday Queen Beatrix!!!

I wish you have a great day!! :)

happy birthday HM Queen Beatrix and happiness

Will Queen Beatrix watch Brokeback Mountain?

She's not very fond of gays, this might change her mind.

Where did you get the information she doesn't like gay people? She employs gay people and there is no reason to assume she would not like them, just for their sexual preferences.
As an awnser to your question: I doubt the queen sees many movies, and I doubt even more that those she watches are from Hollywood.

Last edited:
CrownPrinceLorenzo said:

As per our Forum's Posting Rules & Guidelines, factual evidence must be provided. Until a reliable source can be posted about Queen Beatrix being "not very fond of gays" I would encourage our members to not address this matter.

Personally I find it offensive and out of place. And as an Administrator of this forum, it violates our rules.

So, let's move on.

Alexandria
Dutch Forum Moderator

CrownPrinceLorenzo said:
I asked 'coz I found this while I was reading about Brokeback Mountain.

http://praiseoffolly.blogspot.com/2006/01/queen-beatrixs-royal-nod-to-brokeback.html

I would not consider this a valid source. Firstly it is a private individual's blog, not to mention that it has spelling and grammatical errors. Even in this source it states that there is no actual proof of some of these allegations (eg. Johan Friso being gay and is more "suspected" information than factual information).

Actually Alexandria, all the information in the article has been in the dutch press as well, except for her non-attendance of the premiere of the movie. However, the article is written in a suggestive way, and most things are explainable. I believe the same book to which they refer in the article, says that she had her doubts about gay marriage because The Netherlands would have been the first country to do so, while we are standing out in so many other controversial things already (euthenasia, soft-drugs policy).

The queen can doesn't leave the palace and she usually doesn't attend premieres of movies, and if she does they are dutch ones. So the suggestion they make in the article is a bit presumptive.

+ one of her closest counselors & godfather to Princess Catharina-Amalia, H. Tjeenk-Willink, the chairman of the Counsil of State is gay. She wouldn't have allowed that if the article was right.

Last edited:
sara1981 said:
i didnt know that Prince Claus is gay and her son Friso is gay also but my 2 classmates also gays but i dont like it but i dont suppose it!
Sara, you have to read the posts more carefully. There is no evidence that either the late Prince Claus was gay, nor that Prince Johan Friso is gay. In fact the blog states that Johan Friso was "outed" as heterosexual.

Warren said:
Sara, you have to read the posts more carefully. There is no evidence that either the late Prince Claus was gay, nor that Prince Johan Friso is gay. In fact the blog states that Johan Friso was "outed" as heterosexual.

okay i would more carefully

CrownPrinceLorenzo said:

What total nonsens!!Bullocks as they say.

Besides that there are gays in HM's service,several times a year she invites members of Parliament to Huis ten Bosch or Noordeinde Palace for "informal"talks,groups between 10 to 20 at a time,with their partners.As several MP's are gay,they arrive with their partner as well,same sex is no problem at all at the Palace.HM is so well prepared for each visit,she knows all about them,where they live and what kind of relationship they are in etc etc.And the etc. is very extensive,she knows about matters you've probably forgotten about yourself,and you find yourself going,ah yes.....while she looks at you with sparkling laughing eyes......

She's not as narrowminded as some......at all!

susan alicia said:
read somewhere that the worse the situation the more beatrix smiles.

wonder how much she will smile if the US send Roland Arnall to Holland as the new ambassador :) :)

Arnall was officially appointed two days ago or so,but he's not here yet.
Oh she will smile,being aware of her position she"ll be as cordial as required.....Would love to be a flie on the wall tho,if she's asking him about this that and what else.....hope the State Department gives him an extensive course before they drop him here,(Paul Bremer learned dutch before he came here in the 80's),but given the "quality" or lack thereoff......he might feel "being grilled" while friendly eyes watch him.:p

And what when he's invited for dinner or lunch at the Palace,he'll find himself among intellectuals.....,what a change.....

Last edited:
originally posted by Wendy of the BRMB:

http://www.blikopnieuws.nl/bericht/19829
Troonopvolging nabij?
Lage Vuursche - Koningin Beatrix heeft opdracht gegeven om kasteel Drakensteyn in de Lage Vuursche nog dit jaar grondig te laten renoveren. Dat heeft de Rijksvoorlichtingsdienst (RVD) zaterdag bevestigd. Volgens de RVD zal het kasteel ‘op korte termijn’ grondig worden gerenoveerd waarbij onder andere de gehele elektrische installatie en het verwarmingssysteem worden vernieuwd.

---

apparently the queen ordered the renovation of Castle Drakensteyn in Lage Vuursche, where she lived with her husband and children when she was still a crownprincess. This started rumours that the Queen will abdicate in the not-to-far future (as does the extended renovation of the Royal Palace at Dam square).

--

There are other probable suggestions for the renovation: Laurentien & Constantijn might move there (not likely IMO), nothing hads been done to the castle since Beatrix moved to The Hague, and as she spends some weekends there it might have become to old fashioned/shaby.

Two pictures from ANP, originally posted by Marianne at the BRMB:

drak2.jpg

drak1.jpg

Isn't that a lovely castle. Beatrix bought Drakesteyn in the early sixties, so its seems normal that the place needs drastic renovations. Nothing to be worried about, although its nice for the Queen to have the place up to date for her days as a pensioner.. hopefully that won't be soon!

Marengo said:
apparently the queen ordered the renovation of Castle Drakensteyn in Lage Vuursche, where she lived with her husband and children when she was still a crownprincess. This started rumours that the Queen will abdicate in the not-to-far future (as does the extended renovation of the Royal Palace at Dam square).

This is going to sound stupid ... But how big is Drakensteyn? The pictures make it seem small. It doesn't seem very wide, so is it very deep (space wise)?

My first thought when I saw the pictures was that looked like a nice guest house, which, would make it nice for the Queen if and when she abdicates as it would only be her. But hardly big enough for a young and active family as Constantijn and Laurentien's (two growing kids plus a third on the way).

Alexandria,Drakensteyn is indeed not all that big,but it was here the then Princess Beatrix and Prince Claus raised their three handfulls at the time,and they always referred to this little castle as the place where they were the happiest.Actually there are several buildings in front of the castle,for staff and office space.The Drakensteyn estate provided privacy to the Princess and later to the family as it is neatly tucked in in the greater estate surrounding Soestdijk Palace,and the family used to get on their bycicles,weather allowing,to visit the parents and grandparents,cycling through the park/estate.

http://www.seegerpress-online.de/seegerpress-cgi/topixx?op=preview&ID=1117618535&str...

http://www.seegerpress-online.de/seegerpress-cgi/topixx?op=preview&ID=1117618524&str...

Last edited:
Alexandria said:
But hardly big enough for a young and active family as Constantijn and Laurentien's (two growing kids plus a third on the way).

I think the average dutch family would be jumoping in the air of joy if they could afford a house of this size ;)

I agree with you, Mandrake, the renovations van be necessairy as the building has been neglected for quite some years. I think the upcoming years any change will create rumours of an abdication. However, I do not think the Queen will abdicate within 5 years.

and it is not about size, the house is a marvelous historical home,

would prefere it anyday to the southforkish phony 17th century house wa and maxima live in.

Marengo said:
I think the average dutch family would be jumoping in the air of joy if they could afford a house of this size ;)

I agree with you, Mandrake, the renovations van be necessairy as the building has been neglected for quite some years. I think the upcoming years any change will create rumours of an abdication. However, I do not think the Queen will abdicate within 5 years.

susan alicia said:
and it is not about size, the house is a marvelous historical home,

would prefere it anyday to the southforkish phony 17th century house wa and maxima live in.

yeah, its really lovely. well WA grew up there and I am sure he had his reasons for deciding to raise his family at eikenhorst rather than drakensteyn.

i think that when beatrix retires she will go live at Soestdijk. and WA and Maxima will probably go live at huis ten bosch-its close to De Hague and also very majestic.

I think queen Beatrix will live on Drakensteyn when
WA will be king.

barber said:
I think queen Beatrix will live on Drakensteyn when
WA will be king.

maybe but Drakensteyn is private Oranje property so they can do whatever they want with it. Soestdijk is government owned. if no one lives there for too long there may be pressure to turn it into a museum or something.

someone has already been appointed to think about what should be done with soestdijk, can not remember his name. It is definite that they will not live there anymore.

pollyemma said:
maybe but Drakensteyn is private Oranje property so they can do whatever they want with it. Soestdijk is government owned. if no one lives there for too long there may be pressure to turn it into a museum or something.

I fear the same. Ity is said the PoO finds it to 'open', so the palace lacks privacy. It will be hard for Beatrix to part from Huis ten Bosch, where she spend most of her married life, but I think it is most likely she will retire to Drakensteyn. I really wonder what they will do to Soesdijk and fear the worst, especially it is the palace I like best (not for the architectonial beauty but it seems a 'friendly' palace, and is connnected to Queen Juliana of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom