Queen Beatrix, Current Events 2 (August 2005 - June 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marengo said:
Any pictures of her today? She opened an exhibition of paintings from young artists in The Hague I believe... The Queen seems very energetic!!

Here are some pictures from The Hague ... (ANP)

Attachments

• 3083288.jpg
    3083288.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 289
  • 3083290.jpg
    3083290.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 235
  • 3083294.jpg
    3083294.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 259
  • 3083287.jpg
    3083287.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 188
Thank you Beth! I believe these arrtists are contending for a prize from a found which was started by King Willem III. The queen looks radiant (as always lately)!

More pictures from today without watermark from DPA

Attachments

• 074901_4.jff.jpeg
    074901_4.jff.jpeg
    32.6 KB · Views: 343
  • 075101_4.jff.jpeg
    075101_4.jff.jpeg
    31 KB · Views: 245
  • 075501_4.jff.jpeg
    075501_4.jff.jpeg
    52.3 KB · Views: 259
  • 075801_4.jff.jpeg
    075801_4.jff.jpeg
    43.3 KB · Views: 274
  • 076101_4.jff.jpeg
    076101_4.jff.jpeg
    39.9 KB · Views: 284
Thanks Misshelen! The Queen is wearing a very long skirt isnt she? Does anybody know how the queen got that brooch? I'assume it is a mo\dern piece she might have received from her husband as I have never seen it on somebody else.

BTW, does anybody know exactly when the queen will be operated and for what (in januari & something with her leg I thought?)

Marengo said:
BTW, does anybody know exactly when the queen will be operated and for what (in januari & something with her leg I thought?)

I was thinking that I read somewhere that she has a bad knee - does that sound right? It was kind of her to put off her operation until after the Jubilee year, so that she could carry out as many engagements as possible. I really hope though that when she does have the operation, that she can take many weeks off to not only heal, but also to catch her breath. The Jubilee celebrations appear to have invigorated her - given her a new spark, so to speak, but I'm sure physically, she must be getting tired. Did she really have any "down" time to speak of this summer? It seems like she has pretty well had a least one engagement a week so far this year. IMO, the lady deserves a well earned rest.:)

SpiffyBallerina said:
About that hat...It's not my favorite. But, then again, Queen Beatrix needs to try out different hats or else it would be very boring. At least it matched her outfit well!

It looks like she has a Dalmatian tuffet on her head.

Queen Beatrix looks very elegant and sophisticated in that black outfit she wore yesterday, I must say. Especially the upper part of the outfit, a very nice cut of the neckline. Even if it seems Queen Bea still is crazy about original hats (to say the least :D), it seems to me as her style in clothes has gotten better than before.

Thanks for the pictures everyone!

THe Queen looks great. She's a picture of modern elegance.

I like this Queen, she smiles and laughs and has the joi de vivre, in her. The hair belongs to 3 decades ago, but she can pull it and carry with it. I think she has more personality than any other Queen and it's not stuffy about it. No wonder her son chose Maxima she carries the same "hapiness" in her eyes.

Queen Beatrix today. Picture without watermark ANP

Attachments

• 9999.jpg
    9999.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 301
More pictures from yesterday DPA

Attachments

• 076901_4.jff.jpeg
    076901_4.jff.jpeg
    54.9 KB · Views: 292
  • 077101_4.jff.jpeg
    077101_4.jff.jpeg
    56.4 KB · Views: 212
Queen Beatrix looks through a special viewer that translates protein into a three-dimensional image , Tuesday 18 October 2005 , at the High Tech Campus of the technical university in Eindhoven. The queen , who celebrates her 25-year jubilee with a tour through all the provinces of the Netherlands , visited on Tuesday the southern Province of Brabant. Picture DPA

Attachments

• 083601_5.jff.jpeg
    083601_5.jff.jpeg
    35.8 KB · Views: 325
More pictures today NOS

Attachments

• beatrix_nb3_tcm44-196820.jpg
    beatrix_nb3_tcm44-196820.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 181
  • beatrix_nb4_tcm44-196822.jpg
    beatrix_nb4_tcm44-196822.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 172
  • beatrix_nb5_tcm44-196823.jpg
    beatrix_nb5_tcm44-196823.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 188
  • 2917030-374356-groot.jpg
    2917030-374356-groot.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 207
Thanks misshelen! In the pictures of the queen in The Hague, she is wearing the same outfit as she did for the religious wedding of PC and Anita.

Last edited:
Re:

The thing that makes me admire Queen Beatrix unconditionally, is that she always makes it look as if she is interested in every tiny detail of what she's being shown - if even if it's totally boring and useless! Sometimes QE2 looks a bit bored.

There was a funny comment of Queen Beatrix in the paper today (this pic came with that)
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=203966

She said that technical equipment should be easy to use.. A reporter asked if this was a personal frustration of the Queen.. She said:"Yes very, I'm always having problems with buttons on a machine." She prefers that a machine just have two buttons, one for ON and one for OFF."
Funny how that is true for just about everybody in the world, even Queens!:D

Picture from the visit in Brabent. The picture is from the arrival in Den Bosch. Source ANP without watermark:)

Attachments

• anp za.jpg
    anp za.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 233
Another picture from Den Bosch source ANP.

Attachments

• anp zb.jpg
    anp zb.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 190
... and a few more from ANP & Seegerpress

Attachments

• 3114348.jpg
    3114348.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 251
  • pre-SEEGER00149051.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149051.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 231
  • 3114356.jpg
    3114356.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 261
  • 3114368.jpg
    3114368.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 266
Mascha said:
There was a funny comment of Queen Beatrix in the paper today (this pic came with that)
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=203966

She said that technical equipment should be easy to use.. A reporter asked if this was a personal frustration of the Queen.. She said:"Yes very, I'm always having problems with buttons on a machine." She prefers that a machine just have two buttons, one for ON and one for OFF."
Funny how that is true for just about everybody in the world, even Queens!:D

Thanks for the anecdote, think either the queen or the Prince of Orange commented a few years ago that Beatrix was learning (from WA) how to use the internet so she could e-mail with her (grand)children, and that she had some difficulties in understanding everything as the explanation went to fast (a complaint my mother usually makes when I try to explain the same thing).

Queen Beatrix received the Chairman of the Bundesrat, the "Senate", in an audience at Huis ten Bosch Palace yesterday 19th October 2005:
Pictures from ANP Photo:
Its interesting that in front of the portrait of Princess Amalia of of Orange-Nassau:

Attachments

• q1.jpg
    q1.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 201
  • q2.jpg
    q2.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 264
39 years stubbornly having the same hairdo doesn't go unnoticed in The Netherlands: the new dutch dictionnairy has incorperated a new word.........'Beatrixkapsel', which means Beatrix-hairdo. Congratulations your majesty!!!

Marengo said:
39 years stubbornly having the same hairdo doesn't go unnoticed in The Netherlands: the new dutch dictionnairy has incorperated a new word.........'Beatrixkapsel', which means Beatrix-hairdo. Congratulations your majesty!!!

Hahahaha! Finally!! I've already been using this word for 15 years, I guess. Joking with friends that in fact the 'Beatrixkapsel' must be a helmet she puts on in the morning and off in the evening. :D

The queen, visited on Tuesday 18 october the southern Province of Brabant. Pictures Gemeente Boxtel. Pictures without watermarks.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 254
  • aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 366
  • ab.jpg
    ab.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 284
  • ac.jpg
    ac.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 272
  • ad.jpg
    ad.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 296
  • ae.jpg
    ae.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 482
  • af.jpg
    af.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 263
Marengo said:

That's hilarious! I'm sure the Queen is getting a good chuckle out of this new honour.:D

Re:

I may even have a Beatrixkapsel myself! I wonder whether you could get one. Take a pic of Beatrix into your local hairdressers and say, "I'd like one of those please"?

BeatrixFan said:
I may even have a Beatrixkapsel myself! I wonder whether you could get one. Take a pic of Beatrix into your local hairdressers and say, "I'd like one of those please"?

I hope your hairdresser will consider what age you are first! If my Nana went in and asked for a Beatrixkapsel I don't think her hairdresser would think too much of it. But if I went in and asked for one I think my hairdresser would have a heart attack! Maybe there could be a minimum age limit on the Beatrixkapsel! ;)

Is this the first time a queen has ever had a hairdo named after her? Queen Beatrix must be very honoured! :p What a year it's been for her -- she celebrates 25 years on the throne, she becomes a grandmother twice over with the birth of Luana and Alexia, and her hairdo gets a formal name in the dictionary! A banner year indeed for the Dutch queen! :D

BeatrixFan said:

Well, you can laugh at it, but one time my mother was at the hairdresser's and then a woman entered with a picture of Queen Beatrix.
'Well,' she said to the hairdresser, 'I want my hair done exactly as the Queen's hair!'
And so the hairdresser started to change her hair into the Beatrix kapsel.
My mom told me that the woman was very demanding (each little curl had to be exactly the same as on the picture she carried with her) and the hairdresser worked for over two hours on the Beatrixkapsel. Unbelievable, isn't it? :D

October 27, 2005: Queen Beatrix along with Prince Willem Alexander, Princess Maxima, Prince Johan Friso and Princess Mabel attended the opening of the Holland Dance Festival at the Lucent Dance Theatre in The Hague.

www.colourpress.com & www.anp-photo.com

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 296
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 265
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 270
  • 3137323.jpg