Queen Beatrix, Current Events 2 (August 2005 - June 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beatrix receive Tanzanian President

From anp

Attachments

• 3061141.jpg
    3061141.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 252
Queen Beatrix is welcomed by Prof. Dr. S.K. Kuipers , chairman of the university council of the University of Groningen , in the Martini church in Groningen on 28 September 2005. The Queen attended the opening of the congress The Dutch constitutional monarchy in a changing Europe source ANP

Attachments

• a.jpeg
    a.jpeg
    43.2 KB · Views: 250
Picture with President Balkenende source ANP without watermark

Attachments

• c.jpg
    c.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 315
Today at Palace Noordeinde. The Queen received 8 Ridders from the Military Willems-Orde. Picture ANP without watermark

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 300
misshelen said:
Today at Palace Noordeinde. The Queen received 8 Ridders from the Military Willems-Orde. Picture ANP without watermark

Thanks for the picture Miss Helen!:) The Queen looks lovely in lilac!

She does, but I must say the knight in red is looking very well for her age as well (as she was decorated for her effords in WW2 she must be over 75! I really like this picture, of REAL heros, not the Hollywood version.

Today Queen Beatrix opened a Michelangelo exhibition at the Teylers Museum in Haarlem. It's nice to see Beatrix in such a bright and strong colour! These pictures are from Seegerpress.

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00147950.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00147950.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 227
  • pre-SEEGER00147952.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00147952.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 265
  • pre-SEEGER00147951.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00147951.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 320
  • pre-SEEGER00147949.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00147949.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 278
  • pre-SEEGER00147948.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00147948.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 310
  • pre-SEEGER00147947.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00147947.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 224
  • pre-SEEGER00147945.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00147945.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 302
The pink is very lovely indeed, it suits her well.
And a Michelangelo exhibition in Haarlem? Hmmm, I've got in friend in Haarlem, maybe she wants to visit that one with me. ;)

Wooo!Thanks for the new pictures of Her Majesty, GrandDuchess, she looks really stylish and lovely in this pink colour, the outfit is the new one but i think the hat is recycled as she wore it last year at some ceremony like Princess Maxima got a seat in Parliarment but the hat matches with this outift also a great combination, so lovley Queen Beatrix!

The Queen sure has been one busy lady lately! I love that she always looks so happy and jubilant when she is on an official duty. You never see a sour puss look on her face.

That is what her son Johan-Friso commented when the family was interiewed on the occassion of the queens 50th birthday: 'the bigger the headache, the bigger the smile'.

that is a great picture of her. she looks so happy and so young.

Marengo said:
That is what her son Johan-Friso commented when the family was interiewed on the occassion of the queens 50th birthday: 'the bigger the headache, the bigger the smile'.

Aw! What a great thing for him to say. What else did her children say about her?

Queen Beatrix on the picture with mayors. The Queen attended a congress in Alphen aan de Rijn From the Dutch Organisation of Mayors on 06.10.2005. Picture without watermark ANP

Attachments

• 3077630.jpg
    3077630.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 272
More pictures from the Michelangelo exhibition at the Teylers Museum in Haarlem. Pictures without watermark AFP and ANP.

Attachments

• xa.jpg
    xa.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 246
  • xb.jpg
    xb.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 214
  • xc.jpg
    xc.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 167
Perhaps, she thinks the Dutch people would not accept her having a relationship with someone new (after all, who can replace the beloved Claus?) ... or maybe she has no desire for romance right now (she is a pretty busy lady). It must be hard though, to be alone with such responsibilities. Didn't she say in an interview earlier this year, that it is very lonely to be Queen.:(

She is an attractive vibrant woman; I bet she ends up with a companion. Someone low key, like Jackie O's lover Maurice Tempelsman.

She was so devoted to Claus and she was with him for over 35 years so I SERIOUSLY doubt that anyone could fill that hole in her heart. Beatrix and Claus were an amazing couple and anyone else would surely disappoint in comparison to that.

SpiffyBallerina said:
She was so devoted to Claus and she was with him for over 35 years so I SERIOUSLY doubt that anyone could fill that hole in her heart. Beatrix and Claus were an amazing couple and anyone else would surely disappoint in comparison to that.

I think you might be right there, Spiffyballerina. The thought of the Queen with another partner than prince Claus never even occurred to me. But one never knows, of course...

I doubt that she will date somebody, but if she does I do not expect many to oppose, provided the 'groom' is discrete and does not play a big public role like the late prince Claus.

I don't think that she would ever consider seeing someone else, Claus was the love of her life and it was a true love match, but if she is looking for love then I'm available.

Last edited:
Picture from yesterday; The Queen attended a congress in Alphen aan de Rijn From the Dutch Organisation of Mayors on 06.10.2005. Picture without watermark ANP

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 312
ok, I adore Queen Beatrix but that hat looks like she won it at a carnival game.

hihi..another picture with the "special " hat source ANP

Attachments

• c.jpg
    c.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 274
I think the hat looks nice. A lovely picture where she was surrounded by al thewse mayors anyway. Any pictures of her today? She opened an exhibition of paintings from young artists in The Hague I believe... The Queen seems very energetic!!

She's amazing! She's so busy and she always looks very happy, poised, confident, and warm. We come to expect it from the royals, but I'm sure it's very hard work!

About that hat...It's not my favorite. But, then again, Queen Beatrix needs to try out different hats or else it would be very boring. At least it matched her outfit well!

I agree with Marengo - I quite like the hat! It's definately not something I could wear, but to me, she has a strong enough personality to carry something like that off! I generally like her hats - some of them are like pieces of art almost. (I hope she is saving most of them or donating them to a museum).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom