Queen Beatrix, Current Events 2 (August 2005 - June 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Images from getty

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 136
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 136
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 128
  • 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 190
  • 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 130
The Queen looks absolutely great in orange :p

She wore this outfit on a previous occassion, when she was visited by the japanese prime minister at Huis ten Bosch I think.

Funny to see her (and other royals) attending functions at the peace palace, considering her grandmother had to be persuaded to open it. I believe it had a catholic statue somewhere inside. She also disliked the idea of a peacepalace (or conferences) on dutch soil as she 1) found it humiliating as it showed the irrelevance of The Netherlands and 2) she did not believe in these conferences all together, just lies (she was right, sadly).
Likewise Wilhelmina refused to open the famous Rijsmuseum btw, as some windows looked to catholic.

nice picture from queen beatrix in schiedam 08/04/2006, i made itmy self!

Attachments

• atr1.JPG
    atr1.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 122
Adry said:
Queen Beatrix in the Utrecht Nationaal Museum
ANP

When was this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Also today. Queen Beatrix is one busy lady... ;)

And some more pics of the exhibition by picturepresseurope!

Attachments

• utrecht05.jpg
    utrecht05.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 170
  • utrecht04.jpg
    utrecht04.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 155
  • utrecht03.jpg
    utrecht03.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 135
  • utrecht02.jpg
    utrecht02.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 146
  • utrecht01.jpg
    utrecht01.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 110
  • utrecht06.jpg
    utrecht06.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 99
  • utrecht07.jpg
    utrecht07.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 99
  • utrecht08.jpg
    utrecht08.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 180
  • utrecht09.jpg
    utrecht09.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 141
  • utrecht10.jpg
    utrecht10.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 117
And the last ones from picturepresseurope. :)

Attachments

• utrecht11.jpg
    utrecht11.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 153
  • utrecht12.jpg
    utrecht12.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 114
  • utrecht13.jpg
    utrecht13.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 138
Also today? And she had time to travel and to change? An amazing woman! ;) I prefer the 2nd outfit though.
BTW the Queen offered Kofi Annan the highest dutch civil order, the grand cross in the order of the dutch lion (the blue/orange ribbon).

Yes, she surely is amazing, isn't she? I loved both outfits, btw. :)

I like the dark blue hat.. so 'beatrix'..
it's definitely great to see her out & about. she's so busy these days..
i hope it doesn't make her tired & sick.

The event at Utrecht National Museum is the Inauguration of "Royal Music Machines" Exhibition..

it is! Photographers frequently make simular pictures now, but the first one appeared in the late nineties when the Queen was visiting Egypt. The photographer made a picture of her hair from the back, almost exactly int he middle of a pyramid. The picture was placed on the cover of NRC-Handelsblad.

Turandot is great! I envy her! ;)

Lovely to see two "older ladies", if I may say so, together at the World Cup final. :) I hope they had a nice time together.

Nice to see them together, especially considering that Prince Richard was a friend of the late Prince Claus and introduced the two to each other :)
A book I read suggested that Richard was 'hunting' for a very royal bride himself and was not pleased when his friend Claus took this trophee, but Benedikte is quite a catch as well I would say, such a lovely woman!

Oh how nice to see them both together! :)

I really love those old storys about Richard and Claus. It's funny because they were close friends and Benedikte and Beatrix were quiet good friends too. :)

The Ladys nearly didn't change. :) ;) They still look fantastic!

thanks for the comparison between the old & current pic, PrincessBeatrix!
is that really both of them?
i just knew they are good friends..

wow Princess Beatrix, I am impressed! Do you know when that 2nd picture was taken? Before their weddings I presume (as Beatrix doesn't have the helmet hair yet, she started that at the day of her wedding, created by Alexandre Paris).
I agree, they still look great, both of them.

Marengo said:
wow Princess Beatrix, I am impressed! Do you know when that 2nd picture was taken? Before their weddings I presume (as Beatrix doesn't have the helmet hair yet, she started that at the day of her wedding, created by Alexandre Paris).

It was taken in april 1965 in Den Haag. Just a short time before Beatrix engaged with Claus.
You are right, the Helmet hasn't been born then. But her this time was nearly the one she has now! The beginning of Europe's most fanous hairstyle. :D

From ANP
EINDHOVEN - Koningin Beatrix woont donderdag de vijftigste Diesviering van de Technische Universiteit Eindhoven bij in de Stadskerk Sint Cathrien. Uit handen van de rector magnificus prof. dr. ir. C.J. van Duijn ontving zij het lustrumboek. Rechts commissaris der koningin Maij-Weggen.

QUEEN BEATRIX OF THE NETHERLANDS OPENING THE NATURE BRIDGE ZANDERIJ IN HILVERSUM, HOLLAND

from seeger and lfi

238736321hx.jpg
238736402ht.jpg
238736390dj.jpg
238736383hb.jpg
238736354lx.jpg
238736341no.jpg
238736339pv.jpg

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00159146.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00159146.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 109