Princesses Catharina-Amalia, Alexia and Ariane, News 2 (June - December 2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna_R

Heir Apparent
City
Rio de Janeiro
Country
Brazil
wapen_kinderen2.jpg

Welcome to Part 2 of the threads dedicated
to the daughters of Prince Willem-Alexander & Princess Máxima:
Princess Catharina-Amalia, Princess Alexia and Princess Ariane

The previous thread can be found here.

While posting, please remember our Community Rules.

For quick overview, have a look at New posting rules

• All pictures posted here, must be posted with the permission of the copyright holder. Links to the pictures can be posted freely
  • No watermarked pictures can be posted
  • Everyone is entitled to have his own opinion: don't forget to be respectful!
Have Fun! :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Has Ariane's Christening date been announced?

Funny, some RF announce the name, but not the christening date and some the date yet not the name:whistling:

well, at least they all have one thing in common- we have no idea who the godparents will be!

Time went quick,Amalia will go to school after the summer,kindergarten,(or the equivelent).PPE had a go at which school it 's going to be.
PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/

Time went quick,Amalia will go to school after the summer,kindergarten,(or the equivelent).PPE had a go at which school it 's going to be.
PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/
At what age do Dutch children typically begin school? In the U.S. children must be 5 by a certain date (by Dec. 1 in California) to begin kindergarten.

At what age do Dutch children typically begin school? In the U.S. children must be 5 by a certain date (by Dec. 1 in California) to begin kindergarten.

Marengo said in another thread that Dutch children begin primary school at age 4. :) So that'll be very soon for Amalia! The school looks lovely.

Only 1 more day till the photoshoot! :D

Last edited:
There was an article about the possible future schools for Amalia in the Telegraaf on sunday. They showed two likely candidates, a private school (exceptional in The Netherlands) and a public un-religious school, apparently both schools are rather popular for the children of the Wassenaar nouveau riche.

I found both schools rather unlikely, thew first one because it is private, Amalia going there might start critisism, the second one I think is unlikely because I think that she will go to a Dutch-reformed school (though I am not entirely sure).

Does anybody know if Willem-Alexander and his brothers went to a Dutch reformed primary school?

Please note that all Happy Birthday and Annversary wishes can be posted here for the Dutch Royals.

I have moved the existing wishes to that thread. Any other wished in this thread will be moved as well.

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/

I was a bit early.Not quite after summer,but on december 10th,she's 4 then,she will attend school.There's a lot of guessing going on in Wassenaar as to which school it will be,but the family decided to keep that a secret until december,just to prevent a run into these schools by these nouveau plebs.

Oh Marengo,you know how the dutch always nag,so if it was the private school that has the best education,then that's the place to go,regardless what those frumpy shortsighted calvinists and what misers have we,might say.

Alex and his brothers initially started out in the Nieuwe Baarnse School/Baarns Lyceum (like their mother),and after they moved to The Hague the attended the Vrijzinig Christelijk Lyceum,The Hague.All three brothers had the same basic training/schooling here:
Het Koninklijk Huis

Last edited:
Was the Nieuwe Baarnse School also of a protestant background?

I agree, Dutch people tend to nag but I don't think it is very desirable for our heir to spend her days on an elitist private school, especially as those schools aren't very common in our country. Well, we will see and start complaining in December ;)

Thanks for the information .. Yeah, time sure goes by quickly !

Did she go to daycare before this ?

Was the Nieuwe Baarnse School also of a protestant background?

I agree, Dutch people tend to nag but I don't think it is very desirable for our heir to spend her days on an elitist private school, especially as those schools aren't very common in our country. Well, we will see and start complaining in December ;)

No,an openbare school,always has been,as is the Baarns Lyceum.It is a very good school,with extensive programs year round.

Seriously? I never thought they would attend an openbare school actually, but then I was brn and raised in Katwijk (orthodox christian town) so I have only heard all kinds of negative opinions of openbare schools ;)

Is Amalia attending a day care?
Thanks in advance.

Is Amalia attending a day care?
Thanks in advance.

No. The three Princesses are in the personal care of their parents, with the help of a nanny and some maids in the princely villa on the royal domain 'De Horsten'.

Coming December, Princess Catharina-Amalia will enter kindergarten.

:flowers:

What exactly is kindergarten in the Netherlands? Is it like in America, the beginning of "real" school, or something different?

What exactly is kindergarten in the Netherlands? Is it like in America, the beginning of "real" school, or something different?

In the Netherlands education is compulsory from the age of 4 to the age of 16. So the Princess is beginning 'real school'.

The elementary education is called 'basisschool' and has 8 groups.

age 4 and 5 --> group 1 and 2 (comparable with kindergarten in the USA)
until age 12 --> group 3 to 8

The secondary education is compulsory from age 12 to 16. With 16 the compulsory element ends and education becomes a free choice.

daycare

Yes, Regina, Amalia and Alexia visit a daycare centre annex kindergarter for a few mornings every week and esp Amalia has been doing so for quit some time now. Just like many other children. THis has been written about by several trustworthy mediasource (who did not reveal the name of the centre, obviously to protect the young children).

Last edited:
Yes, Amalia and Alexia visit a daycare centre annex kindergarter for a few mornings every week. Just like many other children.

Ugh? Right now?
I thought they will start with school in December?

kindergarten

That will be the age when Amalia has to officially start school (by law). But she's allready in a 'pre-school' group, just as most kids are. As is Alexia. For a few mornings every week. It's like daycare.

This sounds like pre-school or Pre-K in the U.S. This is the time where children learn colors, numbers, letters, shapes and have more play experiences. The current focus in American kindergartens is much more academic than it was 10 years ago.

No. The three Princesses are in the personal care of their parents, with the help of a nanny and some maids in the princely villa on the royal domain 'De Horsten'.

Coming December, Princess Catharina-Amalia will enter kindergarten.

Yes , Regina, Amalia and Alexia visit a daycare centre annex kindergarter for a few mornings every week and esp Amalia has been doing so for quit some time now. Just like many other children. THis has been written about by several trustworthy mediasource (who did not reveal the name of the centre, obviously to protect the young children).

:D Ok then. Thank you Henri M and prinsesbeagle!
I presume Amalia is in he personal care of her parents and a nanny and a few mornings every week she goes to a kindergarter. :flowers:
I personally agree with this method.

:D Ok then. Thank you Henri M and prinsesbeagle!
I presume Amalia is in he personal care of her parents and a nanny and a few mornings every week she goes to a kindergarter. :flowers:
I personally agree with this method.
Yeah me too, this sounds nice, also teaches the kids to socialize at a young age. I'm glad mary and Frederik found the same sollution for their son, as they said, it's only one or two days a week, a couple of hours each time :flowers:

The mere word "socalyze" seems as a cliché. We must learn to live naturally without copying other's people labguages and behaviours. Our times are depressing, to my taste...
When I was little little children begings going to school at four. Some few ones started at three, but NO ONE at two or at one. That's almost a degeneration. The little boy or girl must know his/her own family before he was released to the world. If not he/she is massified since his/her birth and he is more the son or the daughter of the state than of his/her family and his/her country. I'm not a woman who is not "socialized" as people likes to say today, nor were my parents, or my grandparents or y great-grandparents. Now, people send their children to school since they are only month ofr being born...And why? They must WORK, WORK, WORK and WORK. Life today is nothing but work! :bang: We are slaving more than the poor negroes from razil and the Caraïbes at the XIX Century...and if I say more is for the KNEW they were slaves and they fighted for not being slaves any ore , while we believe to be free people , and live in democracy...Poor idiots we are! Even a Prince is not free nowadays...He give his childrens to the cold Capitalist state to educate them.

Nowadays, little children are endoctrined since their birth...Poor little things! My brother who is not a noblemen, but a person who must work everyday, as his wife does too, only send my older nephew to kindergarten at four. And is he a loonely boy? He wouldn't knew how to "socialize"? Not at all...He is plenty of friends from his neighborhood...

There is people wanting to steal our children since they birth, but if we are intelligent enough we'll don't give them to these tryrants.

Vanesa.:mad::angry::censored::yuk:

healthy

I don't really see what that has to do with the three princesses but I'll give a short reaction: sorry, but I think it's very healthy for kids to go to daycare/kindergarten for a few mornings/days per week. They don't have to LEARN there in the schoolway, instead they get to play with other kids and toys, sing, dance, and do what else they like etc. Most kids absolutely love it.

There is also nothing wrong with going to school from the age of four and parents are allowed to chose the school of their choice.

Last edited:
A world of difference for Amalia

It is a total different situation than for Queen Juliana (the mother of Queen Beatrix) who had to attend school in a special classroom in a part of the palace, with three carefully selected girls (Lady Mieke de Jonge, Elise Baronesse Bentinck and Elisabeth Baronesse van Hardenbroek).

Queen Wilhelmina even had it more spartan: she had no any classmate, only her teacher(s) and the prying eyes of her governess in her back. No wonder this Queen developed into a quite aloof and distant person....

Sending a baby (of 2 or 3 months) to a day care seems to much to me. But when the child is 3 years old and she goes to a center for some few hours, that seems is a good educational method imo.
I think Princess Máxima wouldn't allow their young babies in the day care for 12 hours a day... so I don't think we should worry. :)

From what I have understood, only Princess Amalia (3 years old) and Princess Alexia (2 years old) so now and then go to a crèche (day care centre).

Social interaction is good for children of that age. I actually believe that children under the age of one, where possible, should have one on one care and not go to a day care. But after that age, I certainly think that it is good and appropriate for a child to interact with other children and people outside their immediate circle so that they can develop the social skills and friendships that will sustain them through life.

On another note, I know that Christian has a protection officer that is in his immediate vicinity at all times, even when he is at school. Is there something of this nature for the princesses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom