The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 07-11-2007, 06:18 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 18,359
Thanks Henri M for the info. I think after 2 summer christening's an autum one would be great. Do you know when the godparents names will be released?
__________________

  #42  
Old 07-11-2007, 07:47 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,251
Lovely place for a royal christening, especially considering the church has a royal history and HM attends church there. Apart from that, the building looks magnificent too :). I actually expected them to use the church of Wassenaar again, but this gives an extra touch IMHO.
__________________

__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #43  
Old 07-11-2007, 12:00 PM
Henri M.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Eindhoven / Maastricht, Netherlands
Posts: 1,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Lovely place for a royal christening, especially considering the church has a royal history and HM attends church there. Apart from that, the building looks magnificent too :). I actually expected them to use the church of Wassenaar again, but this gives an extra touch IMHO.
It is a bit of strange choice, that for the third child the more historic Kloosterkerk is used, while for the second one 'only' the local church of Wassenaar was used. (A very nice church by the way).

HRH Princess Catharina-Amalia: the Great- of Saint James' Church in The Hague

HRH Princess Alexia: the Village Church of Wassenaar

HRH Princess Ariane: the Cloister Church in The Hague
__________________
  #44  
Old 07-11-2007, 12:43 PM
Verde Esmeralda's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M. View Post
It is a bit of strange choice, that for the third child the more historic Kloosterkerk is used, while for the second one 'only' the local church of Wassenaar was used. (A very nice church by the way).
Who is actually in charge of deciding which church will be used for these occasions? The Princes themselves, the Queen, ... ?
__________________
  #45  
Old 07-11-2007, 12:50 PM
sesa's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: orange, United States
Posts: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verde Esmeralda View Post
Who is actually in charge of deciding which church will be used for these occasions? The Princes themselves, the Queen, ... ?
I would think it would be the parents choice on where to baptize their child, with the Queens permission if needed. But then again, I'm "thinking", and that is something that I should stop doing!
__________________
  #46  
Old 07-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Rebafan81's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Akron, United States
Posts: 1,032
I am happy they finally anounced the date but doesn't seem like a long time before the christening? Wasn't Ariene born before Isabella and Sofia but she is the last to be christened? How long did they wait for C-A and Alexia?
__________________
  #47  
Old 07-11-2007, 01:00 PM
Henri M.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Eindhoven / Maastricht, Netherlands
Posts: 1,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verde Esmeralda View Post
Who is actually in charge of deciding which church will be used for these occasions? The Princes themselves, the Queen, ... ?
It is exclusively up to the parents to choose the church.
It is kind of sad they did not choose the historic Great- or Our Lady's Church in Breda. The Barony of Breda is the eldest Nassau possession in today's Netherlands and has numerous historical links to the royal family.

A wedding or a baptism in the wonderful city of Breda with the monumental Great- or Our Lady's Church, the old Castle of Nassau and the City Hall would have proved fantastic images.
__________________
  #48  
Old 07-11-2007, 03:26 PM
Verde Esmeralda's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M. View Post
It is exclusively up to the parents to choose the church.
It is kind of sad they did not choose the historic Great- or Our Lady's Church in Breda. The Barony of Breda is the eldest Nassau possession in today's Netherlands and has numerous historical links to the royal family.

A wedding or a baptism in the wonderful city of Breda with the monumental Great- or Our Lady's Church, the old Castle of Nassau and the City Hall would have proved fantastic images.
Indeed Henri, I've been to Breda and I saw the church you mention, it's just overwhelming. But they don't seem to bother in going further than The Hague for baptizing their girls
__________________
  #49  
Old 07-11-2007, 04:09 PM
Henri M.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Eindhoven / Maastricht, Netherlands
Posts: 1,896
Breda

Well, the Oranges do bother about Breda.

The first Queen's Day in the reign of Queen Beatrix went to Breda and Veere, part of the eldest Nassau possessions in present Netherlands (the barony of Breda and the marquessate of Veere and Flushing).

The first city the Prince of Orange visited on his 'Joyeuse Entrée' with his official fiancée was Breda.

The Prince of Orange almost every year visits the Castle of Nassau in Breda (home to the Royal Military Academy), he opened the restorated Nassau Chapel in the Great Church and was guest of honour to open 600 Years Breda & the Orange-Nassaus.

HM The Queen, Marchioness of Veere and Flushing, drinks wine from the Golden Marquesses' Chalice on the steps of the gothic townhall of the old city of Veere. With this ancient custom Veere honours its Marquess.

HRH The Prince of Orange and ms Máxima Zorreguieta Cerruti at the Castle of Nassau in Breda, 2001

HM The Queen, Baroness of Breda, in the Great- of Our Lady's Church in Breda (fantastic picture!)

HRH The Prince of Orange and HRH Prince Constantijn in a child's fungame (pillow fight) at Queen's Day 1982 in Breda

HM The Queen, Marchioness of Veere and Flushing, with HRH The Prince of Orange and HRH Prince Constantijn, on the balcony of Veere Townhall, Queen's Day 1982

HRH The Prince of Orange and ms Máxima Zorreguieta Cerruti's first act during the official Joyeuse Entrée was to visit the amazing Princes' Chapel in Breda were many of the Prince's ancestors are interred

HM The Queen is welcomed outside the Castle of Nassau in Breda, to bring a visit to the Royal Military Academy

HRH The Prince of Orange unveiled the fabulous result of a complicated restoration of old mediaeval frescoes and paintings in the Nassau Chapel in Breda. On the foreground the marble mausoleum for his ancestors Lord Engelbrecht II of Nassau, Baron of Breda and his spouse Lady Cimburga, Margravine of Baden.


So it still has a lot of importance to the Queen and the Prince indeed. I think Breda is not chosen for major royal events because there is no palace and also not many top-class hotels available to accomodate many guests. In former times the Orange-Nassaus had a splendid court at the Castle of Nassau, but this is now the Royal Military Academy.

__________________
  #50  
Old 07-11-2007, 10:22 PM
monica17's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Little Baguio, Philippines
Posts: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81 View Post
I am happy they finally anounced the date but doesn't seem like a long time before the christening? Wasn't Ariene born before Isabella and Sofia but she is the last to be christened? How long did they wait for C-A and Alexia?
Amalia was baptized in June 2004, 6 months after she was born. Alexia was baptized in November 2005, 5 months after she was born. Eloise was baptized at 6 months old. It's normal for the Dutch RF hold their baptisms at a later date than the other royal families. Countess Leonore was baptized at 4 months old, while the others kids in the Dutch RF (Luana, Zaria, and Claus-Casimir) took longer than six months, I think.

I was hoping Ariane would be baptized in September, coinciding with W-A's belated birthday celebration. But I guess they wanted to hold the events as separate.
__________________
Monica17

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
  #51  
Old 07-12-2007, 06:13 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M. View Post
It is exclusively up to the parents to choose the church.
It is kind of sad they did not choose the historic Great- or Our Lady's Church in Breda. The Barony of Breda is the eldest Nassau possession in today's Netherlands and has numerous historical links to the royal family.

A wedding or a baptism in the wonderful city of Breda with the monumental Great- or Our Lady's Church, the old Castle of Nassau and the City Hall would have proved fantastic images.
Isn't that a catholic church, Henri? I don't think it is possible to have a protestant ceremony in a catholic church, but I might be wrong. Personally I would like it if they 'spread' these things a bit more. The Bavo-church in Haarlem would be great or something in Groningen/Leeuwarden. But that obviously gives problems with receiving guests etc.
-
Apparently they didn't use the church in Wassenaar anymore because it was too small for all the guests ('De Pers').
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #52  
Old 07-12-2007, 02:10 PM
lucien's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Isn't that a catholic church, Henri? I don't think it is possible to have a protestant ceremony in a catholic church, but I might be wrong. Personally I would like it if they 'spread' these things a bit more. The Bavo-church in Haarlem would be great or something in Groningen/Leeuwarden. But that obviously gives problems with receiving guests etc.
-
Apparently they didn't use the church in Wassenaar anymore because it was too small for all the guests ('De Pers').
It has not been Catholic since the Protestants pinched it from us...
And since it is,it really would have been an absolutely beautifull setting,a present day link to a glorious past.
__________________
  #53  
Old 07-12-2007, 02:26 PM
carlota's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 5,712
any idea on why they chose the different churches for the baptisms? did something important in willem alexander's life happened there, or maybe they just liked them?
__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
  #54  
Old 07-12-2007, 03:58 PM
lucien's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
any idea on why they chose the different churches for the baptisms? did something important in willem alexander's life happened there, or maybe they just liked them?
As Marengo mentioned before,HM attends services there on sundays,and the Prince of Orange was a long time member of a bible group originating in this church.It has a very special meaning to the RF.Also,this was the church where Frederik Hendrik married Amalia von Solms,where Princess Wilhelmina attended service aged 16 in 1896,so it does have an historic connotation to the House in more then one way.
__________________
  #55  
Old 07-17-2007, 08:58 AM
Henri M.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Eindhoven / Maastricht, Netherlands
Posts: 1,896
Than you card

A royal fan from Eindhoven (I do live in Eindhoven, but it is not me) has posted a princely thank you card on a local Eindhoven forum, see link:

Their Royal Highnesses
The Prince of Orange and
Princess Máxima of the Netherlands
express their heartfelt gratitude
for the friendly congratulations
they were pleased to receive
by the occasion of the birthday
of their daughter Alexia.


The card shows the intertwined W and M, topped with a the royal crown.

__________________
  #56  
Old 07-17-2007, 09:06 AM
Rebafan81's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Akron, United States
Posts: 1,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by monica17 View Post
Amalia was baptized in June 2004, 6 months after she was born. Alexia was baptized in November 2005, 5 months after she was born. Eloise was baptized at 6 months old. It's normal for the Dutch RF hold their baptisms at a later date than the other royal families. Countess Leonore was baptized at 4 months old, while the others kids in the Dutch RF (Luana, Zaria, and Claus-Casimir) took longer than six months, I think.

I was hoping Ariane would be baptized in September, coinciding with W-A's belated birthday celebration. But I guess they wanted to hold the events as separate.
Thanks for taking time to answer my question, I am not very up to date with the Dutch royal family, although I can say that since the girls, I pay a lot more attention to them.
Thanks again
__________________
  #57  
Old 08-13-2007, 08:04 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: zwolle, Netherlands
Posts: 282
Today a little cousin from me, got an inviting for the baptism of Princess Ariane..:w00t2::w00t2:... I told her to send a letter with congratulations and said that she would be really glad to attend the baptism.. today they called her and said that she was invited .... I'm a little bit jealous but for me it was not possible to go, because i'm going to live in spain for a while by the time she is baptised... but i feeel soo happy for her.. that i wanted to tell all of you....
__________________
  #58  
Old 08-13-2007, 08:11 AM
Princess Maxima's Avatar
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxima88 View Post
Today a little cousin from me, got an inviting for the baptism of Princess Ariane..:w00t2::w00t2:... I told her to send a letter with congratulations and said that she would be really glad to attend the baptism.. today they called her and said that she was invited .... I'm a little bit jealous but for me it was not possible to go, because i'm going to live in spain for a while by the time she is baptised... but i feeel soo happy for her.. that i wanted to tell all of you....
wow that's great And why is she invited?
__________________
Reina Máxima
  #59  
Old 08-13-2007, 01:04 PM
Verde Esmeralda's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 853
Maxima88, I am also tempted to ask you how your little cousin got to be invited...and please do shake her hand on my behalf...!
__________________
  #60  
Old 08-13-2007, 01:14 PM
mandyy's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , Canada
Posts: 2,626
Don't know if these were posted before
New photos of Amalia, Alexia and Ariane from http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/
Amalia
Alexia
Ariane
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princesses Catharina-Amalia, Alexia and Ariane, News 3 (December 2007 - April 2013) Empress Current Events Archive 419 04-29-2013 10:14 AM
Princesses Catharina-Amalia, Alexia and Ariane, News 1 (September 2005 - June 2007) Josefine Current Events Archive 229 06-09-2007 09:43 AM
Princess Catharina-Amalia, News and Pictures 2 (January - December 2005) Gabriella Current Events Archive 201 12-07-2005 06:14 PM
Princesses Amalia, Alexia and Ariane Picture Thread, Part 1 Princess Maxima King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima and family 29 09-25-2005 03:28 PM
Princess Catharina-Amalia, News and Pictures 1 (December 2003 - January 2005) karolinabraganza Current Events Archive 334 01-08-2005 12:57 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games ottoman palace pieter van vollenhoven poland pom president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding william winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:24 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]