Princesses Catharina-Amalia, Alexia and Ariane, News 1 (September 2005 - June 2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it most unlikely that Catharina-Amalia will ever ask for the Argentinian citizenship. Perhaps in the case that this country becomes a republic who forces their royal family into excile (which is rather unlikely to).

Empress said:
Henri - I notice in your calculations that you are using the grandparents, and not the parents. Of course that plays a factor, but you must first factor in the parents, then the grandparents. Thus - I believe that your calculations might need a bit of reworking. Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not believe that I am. If Queen Wilhelmina - as your furthest relative, is 50% German, 25% Russian, and 25% Dutch, and her husband German, by rights that made Queen Juliana indeed 75% German, 12.5% Russian, and 12.5% Dutch. Then it would stand to reason that Beatrix would be nearly 90% German, and 10% other. However, given that this is all regarding the blood line and not the actual citizenship, then I think that it is a moot point. However, in any case Catharina Amalia would be 50% Argentinian, and basically 50% german.

But since we all know that she is 100% Dutch for everyone who cares, I think that the Argentinian/German influence is somewhat minimal. She also looks 100% Dutch, but there you go.

I think that the first calculation on bloodlines first goes to the parents and only then to the grandparents, ad infinitum.

By default, if you have the info of the grandparents, you have the info of the parents since the parents came from the ethnic makeup of the grandparents. It would be repetitive to write that Maxima is 100% Argentianian and W-A is 50% German and 50% Dutch because that still makes Amalia 50% Argentinian and 25% each German and Dutch.

Yes...100% Argentinian. But Argentine is a country made by immigrants from a lot of roots: a 100% Argentinian, like me, will be maybe a greal mix of other nationalities. It could be Argentinians with Italian, Spanish, French, German, Syrian, Austrian, etc blood. I'm a nice mix-up of Nord and South Italian, Nord and South Spain, Nord and Middle France, Tyrolean blood. However, I'm 100% Argentinian. Do you understand? :ROFLMAO: :lol:

You see...Princess Maxima has some Italian blood in her, and so have both of her girls.

Vanesa.

This is quite funny actually, why is everyone discussing Amalias "bloodline"?
(Though one can get a little kick out of the fact that the national anthem reads: Willem of Orange I am of german blood;) )
Anyway, no royal "bloodline" is 100% dutch or british or whatever, since the marriage policies in earlier times requested 100% royal blood, all royals are truely "european" but hardly as "national" as most of their subjects.
BTW, if there ever is a national uprising in the Netherlands, during which they kick their royal family to Azkaban, I am sure that none of them has to rely on a second nationality to seek a safe haven.;)

fee said:
This is quite funny actually, why is everyone discussing Amalias "bloodline"?
(Though one can get a little kick out of the fact that the national anthem reads: Willem of Orange I am of german blood;) )

yeah, correction: the original national anthem does NOT read Willem of Orange I am of german blood.
the line in dutch is: Willem van Oranje ben ik van Dietsche bloed. Diets, not Duits.
Diets refers to dutch not german, although people now say Willen van Oranje ben ik van duitse bloed. the word duits comes from the word diets, but the meaning of the word has changed over time, so originally it was meant dutch blood, although now it seems like we're singing we;re from german blood.

check this wikipedia page (in english) about the word diets. : Dietsch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thank you for your correction, AnneGirl. It is very useful. I think that knowing languages is the most important think in the world. languages are the key of world people friendship and understanding.

Vanesa.:flowers:

I was wondering if anyone knows whether Wilhelmina is a feminine form of Willem and if so then Ariane has both her parents names in a way.I think it is a very name and it is nice that all three of the girls names can also be said in Spanish(nice for their maternal family).

marlene said:
I was wondering if anyone knows whether Wilhelmina is a feminine form of Willem and if so then Ariane has both her parents names in a way.I think it is a very name and it is nice that all three of the girls names can also be said in Spanish(nice for their maternal family).

I think that Wilhelmina was Quen's Beatrix second name, and also Queen's Juliana second name.

Queen Wilhelmina was also Quen's Beatrix granmother.

I like Ariana very much.

My best best wishes for the new baby girl

Last edited:
The names are explained here. As yet only in Dutch. However, as I understand it, the names are for the following:

Ariane - because the couple liked the name and it began with an A. It has no historical meaning.

Wilhelmina - After Queen Wilhelmina

Maxima - After the great grandmother of Princess Maxima, (and a little after the mother I would imagine).

Ines - for the youngest sister of Maxima.

Oh how great! What a beautiful name! I see Maxima and Willem-Alexander have chosen to start the name with an A and it is 6 letters as Amalia and Alexia's. I can't wait to see photos of the whole family. When do we think there will be a photoshoot?

Hello everyone - Just a reminder that discussions on the name can be carried out here.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Catharina said:
The name is beautiful and I love the thought of a series of princesses, just like earlier in Denmark and Sweden. :)

my feelings exactly. I always consider Margarethe-Benedikte-Anne Marie to be the most romantic, glamorous royal family in recent history. Its so wonderful to think that Holland has 3 royal sisters now too. With maxima and Beatrix's DNA, I am sure they will grow up to be very beautiful just like the danish princesses.

I am already eagerly anticipating seeing the 3 of them together in the future at many wonderful state openings of parliament and koningsdags.

fandesacs2003 said:
I think that Wilhelmina was Quen's Beatrix second name, and also Queen's Juliana second name.

Queen Wilhelmina was also Quen's Beatrix granmother.

I like Ariana very much.

My best best wishes for the new baby girl

There are many, many Wilhelminas in the Orange-Nassau dynastical tree and it indeed is the female form of the name Willem (Wilhelm). In latin Gulielmina, in Spanish Guillermina, in French Guillemina or Guillemine, in Nordic languages often Vilhelmina, in Italian Guglielmina.

Ariane Wilhelmina Máxima Ines Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau (2007)

Beatrix Wilhelmina Armgard Queen of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau, Princess of Lippe-Biesterfeld (1938)

Juliana Louise Emma Marie Wilhelmina Queen of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau, Duchess of Mecklenburg (1909-2004)

Wilhelmina Helena Pauline Maria Queen of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau (1880-1962)

Wilhelmina Marie Sophie Louise Grand Duchess of Sachsen-Weimar-Eisenach née Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau (1824-1897)

Wilhelmina Frederica Louisa Charlotte Marianne Princess of Prussia née Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau (1810-1883)

Frederika Luisa Wilhelmina Queen of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau née Princess of Prussia (1774-1837)

Frederica Louise Wilhelmina Duchess of Braunschweig-Wolffenbüttel née Princess of Orange-Nassau (1770-1819)

Frederica Sophia Wilhelmina Princess of Orange-Nassau née Princess of Prussia (1751-1820)

And more Wilhelminas...........

Princess Ariane's schedule for today: sleep, eat, be changed. To be followed by more sleeping, eating, and changing.:)

TLLK said:
Princess Ariane's schedule for today: sleep, eat, be changed. To be followed by more sleeping, eating, and changing.:)

Yes, I think that will be her schedule for a few months!:ROFLMAO:

Let´s not forget Alexia....

It´s IMO remarkable how little Alexia is already a bit neglected (in this thread). I fear she, anyhow a weepy child that needs a lot of attention, and now in the position of the middle child (sandwich) will have some difficulties in the future with her position in the family if her parents don´t take countermeasures in the future.....
Everybody mentions Amalia, who, anyhow the future crown-princess, appears as very open minded and keen. And the newborn catches in the moment all the attention anyway.:flowers:

Stefanie said:
It´s IMO remarkable how little Alexia is already a bit neglected (in this thread). I fear she, anyhow a weepy child that needs a lot of attention, and now in the position of the middle child (sandwich) will have some difficulties in the future with her position in the family if her parents don´t take countermeasures in the future.....
Everybody mentions Amalia, who, anyhow the future crown-princess, appears as very open minded and keen. And the newborn catches in the moment all the attention anyway.:flowers:

I thought about that, too. I hope it will be no problem in the future.

I loooooove Amalia's expression on the picture! She's so adorable. When she was a baby I've thought she was one of the ugliest babies I have ever seen but she grew to become one of the cutest girls ever. Lovely! Alexia is adorable too and we can't see much of Ariane, it's a pity.
Máxima looks great, as usual.

I think she is just of a more reserve character. Even Amalia wasn't like her at that age. She was such a smiling and curious little princess. But I must agree , the role of a middle child of any social class can be quite challenging. Although I am sure within the family she receives as much attention as her sisters. It is only with the public she may be overshadowed by Amalia and Ariane.

Being a middle child is a unique situation, and I agree with Kelly that she surely would get just as much attention as her sisters from her own family and only in the public does it seem that she is overlooked.

My younger sister is the middle child in our family, and going by what I see (since I don't personally know Alexia or the family), Alexia reminds me of my sister when she was a child. She was a bit more quite then I was and didn't seem at all interested in what was going on, unless it was with herself (not saying this about Alexia). However, now a days things couldn't be more different. My sister is a rather talkative and extroverted person with a truly unique personailty, while I have become more reserved and responsible. I think being the middle child really lets you develop a personality all your own. You don't necessarily have perconceived family roles, like the eldest is the focused and reliable one (almost like another parent-my mom calls me mother hen sometimes) and the youngest is the baby of the family. This isn't always true for every person of course.

A lot of this has to do with birth order. I've done a couple papers on this while in high school and read it a few times in magazines. I think that it is a very interesting subject, though a lot can be effected by the kind of family you are born into as well. So without butchering the study, here is a link on birth orders and it also provides links to several other sites on the topic.
Birth Order Forum

Without getting too off topic, I don't think Alexia will be overshadowed at all, she is just a child still. And naturally with the birth of Ariane only like 2 weeks ago, it is easy just to focus on the new baby in the press. Gosh, I really rambled there, sorry : )

I do not think that Alexia seems like a weepy child. She seems like a very normal child, albeit perhaps a bit quieter than her older sister. Maybe she is just a bit more introverted than Amalia. That is nothing unusual or wrong, and certainly should not categorize her as weepy.

magnik said:
She is sweet girl! I think that she looks more like Maxima than WA.

I agree, I think Alexia resembles to Máxima 100%, while Amalia is very alike to his father...

This discussion about Alexia being a typical middle child forgets one thing: she has only been a middle child for two weeks. The impressions that people have of her are mostly of the time before Ariane's birth, wich means that untill then her treats should have been typical for a youngest child...

Ariane has been admitted to hospital because of respitory problems that are not serious

Princess Ariane in hospital

Little Princess Ariane, born april 10 is in the hospital in Leiden.
She has airwayproblems. It is for observation.
The problems started in the night. She got fever, the doctors thought of airwayproblems.

The palace will give an update later after the peditrician has examened her thoroughly

aw, poor thing! i hope she is ok. it's apparently quite a normal thing for babies to be readmitted to hospital some days after though, as their organs are not yet used to work properly, so i'm sure it's nothing serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom