Princess Margriet & Prof Pieter Van Vollenhoven, Current Events 2 (Nov 2006-Dec 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They say he talked to story. I find that hard to believe though, though Pieter is the most accesible of them all. Last weeks number must have sold well as they had Margriet and Pieter on the cover, while screaming letters wrote ´Will Margriet lose Pieter?´.

Indeed Marengo, I saw those covers as well. But I thought this one was a little bit more intriguing, as they say he gave an exclusive interview to the magazine. Have you had a look at its content? (Sorry Marengo if I make you read these magazines...I know you don't really like them :flowers: )

Well, I usually have a peek at them when I am waiting for my train, so after the weekend I can tell you all about it. I agree that they might have spoken to Pieter, but he certainly didn´t give an interview. Maybe a reporter met him at some event and Pieter awnsered one or two questions. He is usually very open, even about his disease.

According to RTL Boulevard Princess Margriet has recovered well from her hernia.

Pieter also talked about his illness to the reporter of RTL boulevard, he stayed positive and said ´we will see, we will see´.

HRH Princess Margriet attended the 40th jubilee of Eurotransplant at Hotels van Oranje,Noorwijk.
PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/v/d Werf

Any idea what eurotransplant is?

Hopefully the Princess took notice of this statue that is outside (by Kees Verkade), in front of the Hotels of Oranje. This statue of Queen Wilhelmina, rather appropriate as the Hotel is on the Queen Wilhelmina boulevard. I believe the Hotel paid for the statue in 1998, when the 100th anniversery of Queen Wilhelmina´s enthronement was celebrated.

Any idea what eurotransplant is?

Hopefully the Princess took notice of this statue that is outside (by Kees Verkade), in front of the Hotels of Oranje. This statue of Queen Wilhelmina, rather appropriate as the Hotel is on the Queen Wilhelmina boulevard. I believe the Hotel paid for the statue in 1998, when the 100th anniversery of Queen Wilhelmina´s enthronement was celebrated.

Eurotransplant International Foundation is the non-profit organisation responsible for mediation and allocation of organ donation procedures.
Welcome at the Eurotransplant Website :: 21-09-2007 09:12:48

Last edited:
Prof. Mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven opened the new station of the fire brigade in Zwole today.

PPE Pics

Good to see that he seems to be his cheerfull self and doesn´t let the illness get to him.

Did any of you know that princess Margriet, is actually Queen Margarita? :lol: Check this out: Noticias breves de actualidad
Hola Magazine is telling us how the Reina Margarita attended the 40th aniversary of Eurotransplant, representing the dutch royal house. It quite made me laugh a lot, but really, what a mistake they made :D Where did Bea go??

Did any of you know that princess Margriet, is actually Queen Margarita? :lol: Check this out: Noticias breves de actualidad
Hola Magazine is telling us how the Reina Margarita attended the 40th aniversary of Eurotransplant, representing the dutch royal house. It quite made me laugh a lot, but really, what a mistake they made :D Where did Bea go??

So much,again,for the gutter/gossip "press" checking facts.

Prof.mr.Pieter van Vollenhoven arrived for a 5 day stay at Curacao,by invitation of the Monumentfund Foundation,
where he will attend and deliver the opening speech of a two day congress starting today in his capacity
as Chair of the National restauration foundation.

By invitation of the Governor of the Dutch Antilles he will also meet with Island authorities discussing/update them about the
work and progress of the Research Council for Safety.The field in which the Research Council is responsible stretches to the
Antilles and Aruba as well.Pieter is Chair of the Council.

http://www.royalblog.nl/

Courtesy HJA.

24-10-2007 Utrecht Princess Margriet and Prince Lorenz attended the 2e International congress of the Europae Thesauri at the Catharijneconvent in Utrecht.
Europae Thesauri is the International Organization of Treasury and Museums with religious art.

Picture 1(ppe)
Picture 2(ppe)

PPE-agency has a few more pictures

31-10-2007 The Hague Princess Margriet attended the symposium ''The Role of Women in the Development of the GCC States'' in The Hague.

PPE Agency

Nice that HRH is paying attention to an ROC school, as they are dealing with some problems and a bad reputation these last years. I am wondering what the patient is doing in a school though...

--

BTW, when is Prof. Mr. Pieter leaving for the Antilles? I believe he was supposed to go there one of these days.

Prof.mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven and TH Prince Maurits and Princess Marilène attended the 26th Peter Stuyvesant Ball at the Grand Hyatt,
New York City last night.HRH Princess Margriet had to cancel her attendance due to her busy schedule,HRH left for Geneva to attend several meetings of the International RedCross & Red Crescent Foundation.HRH is the former Chair of the IFRC and now represents The Netherlands Red Cross internationally.

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/R.Clement.

Last edited:
Ah, I just finished a book on the Dutch history of New-Amsterdam aka New-York and I have gotten a weak spot for Peter Stuyvesant, so a nice this ball is a nice way to pay tribute to him and the Dutch past of the city. I wonder if many Dutch descendants attend, like the Roosevelts, Annenbergs, Vanderbilts, Schemerhorn-Schuylers (love that name) etc. But as the ball isn+t a grand affair I suppose these socialites stay at home. WHo organises and finances the ball by the way?

HRH returned from Geneva today.

Princess Margriet and Prof.mr.Pieter will attend the Gala of the Port of Rotterdam on occasion of its 75th jubilee,Ahoy complex,Rotterdam tomorrow saturday december 1st..

WHat did HRH do in Geneva, something with the Red Cross probably, but do you know what exactly?

Well, Princess Margriet was ill so Prof. van Vollenhoven had to go alone to the celebration of 75 years havenbedrijf Rotterdam, still he looks as if he has a good time (as usual)...

Dutch Photo Press has a few pictures:

Pieter arriving
Pieter toasting

And more.

There will be a special broadcast on occasion of HRH 65st birthday next week.HRH celebrates her birthday on the 19th,but on friday the 18th dutch NOS tv will air an interview/documentary with/on the Princess,her friends,her work for the RedCross,footage never published before,promisses to be interesting.
:flowers:

"Prince" Pieter opened the year of Religious Heritage today:

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Buys.
:)

(And don't forget to watch tomorrows program on HRH Princess Margriet)

There will be a special broadcast on occasion of HRH 65st birthday next week.HRH celebrates her birthday on the 19th,but on friday the 18th dutch NOS tv will air an interview/documentary with/on the Princess,her friends,her work for the RedCross,footage never published before,promisses to be interesting.

HM The Queen and Princess Margriet have requested Ivo Niehe to present the program.

More on dear Princess Sunshine:
http://www.royalblog.nl/

Courtesy HJA,Royalblog.

Well, I suppose Ivo Niehe is a safe bet to present the programme. I don´t particulary like his style but he did present the popular concert for HM´s silver jubilee in a nice way too, so....

--

This evening Prof. Mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven appeared in daily discussion/entertainment programme ´De wereld draait door´, presented by Matthijs van Nieuwkerk (former editor in chief of newspaper ´Het Parool´). Apparently there are almost 6000 empty churches in The Netherlands, many of which will be torn down.

Last edited:
Well, I suppose Ivo Niehe is a safe bet to present the programme. I don´t particulary like his style but he did present the popular concert for HM´s silver jubilee in a nice way too, so....

--

This evening Prof. Mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven appeared in daily discussion/entertainment programme ´De wereld draait door´, presented by Matthijs van Nieuwkerk (former editor in chief of newspaper ´Het Parool´). Apparently there are almost 6000 empty churches in The Netherlands, many of which will be torn down.

True,but in the light of the Year of Religious Heritage he also announced earlyer yesterday that he plans to found a fund to safe the most important ones,at least a thousand or so.Churches of all denominations are getting emptyer and emptyer,needs a big hullaballoo to get them full again,on the other hand there are over 450 mosques here now,and that number is a'risen,how the heck do they do that I wonder.

Allthough also posted at the special congratulations thread,I like to see this here too:
Het Koninklijk Huis

Last nights program on Princess Margriet got 1.842.000 viewers,which is huge for dutch measures.It was repeated this early afternoon,but will also be aired again on february 2nd,as will the "girls birthday bash" at the Royal Theatre Carré on february 1st.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom