Princess Margriet & Prof Pieter Van Vollenhoven, Current Events 1 (Jul 2003-Nov 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Photo from Koninklijk
Italië, 11 maart 2006: Prinses Margriet is aanwezig bij de Paralympische Winterspelen in Turijn

Attachments

• PrinsesMargriet_0194-groot-b.jpg
    PrinsesMargriet_0194-groot-b.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 171
I'm not sure about this, but is this Princess Margriet sitting beside Crownprincess Victoria. They are at the Opening Ceremony of Winter Paralympics in Torino on March 9, 2006

photos from stellapictures via tv4.se

Yes, it looks like princess Margriet to me! :)

purple_platinum said:
I'm not sure about this, but is this Princess Margriet sitting beside Crownprincess Victoria. They are at the Opening Ceremony of Winter Paralympics in Torino on March 9, 2006

photos from stellapictures via tv4.se

Yes, and it looks like in the third picture, next to the brunette-haired woman sitting next to Margriet is Benedikte of Denmark. Three classy royal princesses together! :)

Alexandria said:
Yes, and it looks like in the third picture, next to the brunette-haired woman sitting next to Margriet is Benedikte of Denmark. Three classy royal princesses together! :)
ah yes... a great observation, Alexandria. I didn't realised that.. :D
Who may it be sitting between Margriet & Benedikte. The only one missing from the royal group is Martha Louise of Norway. Could it be her? :confused:

Wonderful pictures Mandyy & Purple Platinum.:) I had given up on finding pics of Margriet at the Games and was beginning to wonder if she even attended!

Off topic, but it's such a shame that (apart from royal visitors) so little attention is given to the Paralympics in general.

If Margriet's job, as a member of the International Paralympic Committee's (IPC) Honorary Board, is to publicize the message of the Paralympic movement, she certainly has her work cut out for her.

Marengo said:
Thanks indeed, Margriet looks great on these pictures! She is just getting better & better with age.
Right!That's what I wanted to say too. ;)
She looks great. :)

it is very nice that royal persons look for each other when they are
visiting this importend games or other moments !

The news said that the garden already commemorates 141 police(wo)men who died on duty, I must say that it is a nice initiative (though sad, of course).

more from ANP

Attachments

• 2547052.jpg
    2547052.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 144
  • 2547133.jpg
    2547133.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 157
  • 2546965.jpg
    2546965.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 157
  • 2546681.jpg
    2546681.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 156
Princess Margriet in Africa !!

Princess Margriet of the Netherlands (R), a sister of Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands, is welcomed 27 March 2006 by the chairman of the Namibia Red Cross Society, Andimba Toivo ya Toivo (L), a veteran freedom fighter and a former prisoner at Robben Island for over two decades. The princess, who is actively engaged in the International Red Cross, is on a four-day fact-finding tour to familiarise herself with the health and social work in an African country.

from ANP (AFP PHOTO / BRIGITTE WEIDLICH)

Attachments

• 2620131.jpg
    2620131.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 154
As usual, well done Purple Platinum!:):) I didn't even know Margriet was going to Africa - it wasn't mentioned on the official site. I guess it's sort of a private working visit and she is acting in her capacity as a representative of the Red Cross, rather than in her role as a princess?

Anyways, it's wonderful to see a picture from her visit. Thanks!

I think you are right Squidgy, a lot of her visits for the red cross are not mentioned on the website of the RH.

Marengo said:
I think you are right Squidgy, a lot of her visits for the red cross are not mentioned on the website of the RH.

Thanks Marengo! (Good to have you back & answering my questions again!!:D)

purple_platinum said:
more from ANP

I was there also to make pictures of prof. mr. pieter van vollenhoven at the memorial garden at Warnsveld.

Ofcourse i could't get a presscard but i stood in grass-land behind the garden so i could see and hear and of course maken beautifull pictures of the ceremony
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

dutch royal said:
I was there also to make pictures of prof. mr. pieter van vollenhoven at the memorial garden at Warnsveld.

Ofcourse i could't get a presscard but i stood in grass-land behind the garden so i could see and hear and of course maken beautifull pictures of the ceremony
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Lucky you Dutch Royal! You have taken many pictures of the royal family. Are you planning on publishing a book??:)

I can't go there because i have to work tomorro morning !:rolleyes:

April 6 2006 This morning Princess Margriet opened the conference "From Peace to Justice" in the World Forum Convention Centre in The Hague. She also officially launched the Hague Justice Portal.

Photos: ANP

Attachments

• 2692406.jpg
    2692406.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 117
  • 2692404.jpg
    2692404.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 2692401.jpg
    2692401.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 171
  • 2692417.jpg
    2692417.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 136
  • 2692415.jpg
    2692415.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 138
  • 2692412.jpg
    2692412.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 136
Pictures from Picture Press Europe.

Attachments

• 06040601.jpg
    06040601.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 153
  • 06040602.jpg
    06040602.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 136
  • 06040603.jpg
    06040603.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 165
  • 06040604.jpg
    06040604.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 132
For some reason all the pictures wouldn't load ... I'll try again!

Picture Press Europe

Attachments

• 06040605.jpg
    06040605.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 120
  • 06040606.jpg
    06040606.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 155
  • 06040607.jpg
    06040607.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 132
  • 06040608.jpg
    06040608.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 152
  • 06040609.jpg
    06040609.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 129
Thanks for the pictures! Wonderfull to see her again. Just look at the boots! Not bad for a woman her age, right? I think she can pull it of!

I agree Marengo! I think she looks smashing!:) It is so nice to see her back at work again.

Thanks Squidy for the pictures of Margriet! :)

Great to see her and great to see her supporting such a good cause.

Margriet is so great and she really looks fab! I hope I'll be as fashionable when I reach her age.
Thanks for the pics, Squidgy! :)

Speech by Princess Margriet, 6 April 2006

At the conference From Peace to Justice, The Hague

As you know, our country is always governed by a coalition. The Hague Academic Coalition, under whose auspices we are meeting here today, is also a coalition, but of a very different kind: not a political body, but a consortium of six academic institutions. They have earned a reputation, individually and as a group, in the disciplines of international law, international relations and international cooperation. It is fitting – and of course by no means a coincidence – that they are all based in this equally international city. A warm welcome to all participants who join us to further explore the cause of peace and justice.
I was delighted to accept the Hague Academic Coalition’s invitation to say a few words of welcome today at this annual conference. Not only is the theme, From Peace to Justice, important in itself. I also feel a personal affinity with it, since I serve, and have served for many years, the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, an organisation, whose mission is so closely related to today’s theme. Allow me therefore to make my observations from a Red Cross perspective.
The Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, a unique network of National Societies (NS) present in almost every country, is the only network which gains its strength through its combination of local, national and international action. It is a global Movement, yet it works locally and thát is where it makes an impact, at grassroots level.
In particular as Chair of the Standing Commission of the International Red Cross, I witnessed the role the Movement plays in the world community’s laborious attempts to defend peace and justice, especially in countries where violence and injustice have taken root.
I am not talking only about the assistance and protection the Red Cross provides, but also about the fundamental principles on which it operates: humanity, impartiality (or non-discrimination), neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality. Acting upon these principles contributes in itself to bringing countries and people closer together and advancing the cause of peace.
World-wide more than 100 million volunteers and 125.000 professional staff are responsible for immediate response in conflict and disaster situations, for community mobilisation, social work and health services. The Red Cross and Red Crescent can build bridges where racial, religious, ethnic, political and social tensions may divide people.
The Red Cross carries weight in many areas and arenas. Thanks to its observer status at the United Nations it can put its concerns on the international community’s agenda. It also plays an important role in promoting and developing humanitarian law, both nationally and internationally. Since the early 1990s, humanitarian law has gained visibility as the international community has created instruments for its implementation. It is no more the paper tiger some cynically may have called it some years ago.
Institutions have now been put in place, like the special tribunals and the International Criminal Court whose decisions are further developing and implementing international humanitarian law.
In doing so these institutions contribute to the fundamental values enshrined in it. The fact that all this is occurring in The Hague can only reinforce our feeling that the conference we are opening today belongs here.
Ladies and gentlemen,
On your way to this World Forum Convention Centre you may have noticed the major construction work that is going on here. We might see a certain symbolism in that. We still need some equally major construction work if we are to bring worldwide peace and justice closer to completion.

I wish you every success in taking us a step further.

Humanity will benefit from it.

From http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/http://www.kon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom