The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #141  
Old 10-24-2005, 05:56 PM
Squidgy's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,165
It was announced today that Margriet will open the new royal brides exhibit at Het Loo on November 4th. The exhibit will run until February 2006 and features the wedding dresses of Margriet and her daughter-in-laws - Marilene, Annette, Anita and Aimee (hopefully Aimee's dress will be back from the cleaners by then:)). The exhibit will also include suits worn by the grooms, some bridesmaid dresses, etc.

Are any of our Dutch posters planning on visiting the exhibit? I would love to go (if only I didn't live so far away:().

Link to the exhibition (Dutch only)

http://www.paleishetloo.nl/
__________________

__________________
  #142  
Old 10-24-2005, 07:53 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgy
It was announced today that Margriet will open the new royal brides exhibit at Het Loo on November 4th. The exhibit will run until February 2006 and features the wedding dresses of Margriet and her daughter-in-laws - Marilene, Annette, Anita and Aimee (hopefully Aimee's dress will be back from the cleaners by then:)). The exhibit will also include suits worn by the grooms, some bridesmaid dresses, etc.

Are any of our Dutch posters planning on visiting the exhibit? I would love to go (if only I didn't live so far away:().

Link to the exhibition (Dutch only)

http://www.paleishetloo.nl/
I am jealous to hear about this exhibit! This is totally the kind of exhibit I would love to go and see. What a beautiful exhibit it will be.

... Maybe you and I can charter a plane to the Netherlands together Squidy for the weekend to catch this exhibit! My boyfriend is a pilot -- I'm sure he could fly us there for the weekend!
__________________

__________________
  #143  
Old 10-24-2005, 08:20 PM
Squidgy's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
I am jealous to hear about this exhibit! This is totally the kind of exhibit I would love to go and see. What a beautiful exhibit it will be.

... Maybe you and I can charter a plane to the Netherlands together Squidy for the weekend to catch this exhibit! My boyfriend is a pilot -- I'm sure he could fly us there for the weekend!
You name the day - I will come down & meet you in Toronto (unless you & your pilot boyfriend would be kind enough to pick me up here in Ottawa!) Don't tempt me Alexandria. Yes, we have to get ourselves over to the Netherlands one of these days - there always seems to be so much happening there.:) I did spend 2 hrs in Holland once (unfortunately they were spent waiting for a connector flight at the airport). But even that was memorable. I spent most of that time in the chocolate shop & came home with about 10 boxes of Droste chocolates. I'm afraid it spoiled me - I have never been able to go back to just plain chocolate since.
__________________
  #144  
Old 10-25-2005, 02:12 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,812
You sure took the most 'dutch' brand of chocolates available, my grandmother still has old fashioned Droste tins, which look very nice. But I recently discovered the delights of Brussels famous chocolatiers, Pierre Marcolini (looked like a jewelersshop filled with chocolates), Neuhaus, Galler etc . It takes quite some discipline not to uy/eat everything at once!

I prefer to visit Het Loo when the weather is better, so in spring r summer, as I like to stroll in the gardens/ woods. I would like to see the exhibition though, is it still there in the weeks before christmas? Usually they decorate the rooms in the palace with the christmas atmosphere, which is quite nice.

I saw the ehibiion of the weddingdresses of Wilhelmina, Juliana, Beatrix and Maxima there as well. In real life those dresses look much better as you can see the delicate things of the dress. To my surprise the weddingdress of Juliana especially was beauiful, nice style/fabric etc. On pictures it doesn't look as nice I think, maybe Wilhelmina's demand that Juliana wore woolen garments under t, against the cold, ruined the appearance a bit?
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #145  
Old 10-25-2005, 01:13 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
I saw the ehibiion of the weddingdresses of Wilhelmina, Juliana, Beatrix and Maxima there as well. In real life those dresses look much better as you can see the delicate things of the dress. To my surprise the weddingdress of Juliana especially was beauiful, nice style/fabric etc. On pictures it doesn't look as nice I think, maybe Wilhelmina's demand that Juliana wore woolen garments under t, against the cold, ruined the appearance a bit?
I'm very jealous that you were able to see some of the other royal wedding dresses up close and personal Marengo! Do you think you'll go see this new exhibit of Princess Margriet's dress and her daughter-in-laws' dresses?
__________________
  #146  
Old 10-25-2005, 01:17 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,812
I am wondering...I visited the palace a number of times already, but if the exhibition is at the same time when they will have the other rooms decorated in a christmas atmosphere, I think I will, a friend from Bulgaria is coming over in December who wants to see some more of the country, o that is the perfect excuse!
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #147  
Old 10-25-2005, 01:41 PM
SpiffyBallerina's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 531
Totally off topic: Marengo, I love your picture. The Incredibles is a cinematic masterpiece!
__________________
  #148  
Old 10-25-2005, 02:54 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,812
Thanks 'dahling' , it is my favourite a well, especially Edna Mode (picture).
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #149  
Old 10-25-2005, 05:34 PM
Squidgy's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,165
I bet if Edna lived in the Netherlands, she would go to see the exhibit of bridal clothes (her being a serious fashion designer & all)

Yes, I also adore your avatar. I can't look at it without laughing!
__________________
  #150  
Old 10-26-2005, 05:01 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,812
I think so, but she would insist on making changes on them, taking away the veils ('no capes!') and shortening the trains, no doubt (according to edna these things always get stuck).

Anyway, I a especially looking forward of seeing Margriet's dress, i have the feeling that the pictures I have seen of it aren't flattering and that it looks better when you see it with your own eyes. The pattern of daisy's must be nice anyway.

Last time they also put the tiara's on top of the dolls (I had a good look at the Wurttemburg pearl tiara, it's huge!!!), but I think that can not be done this time as 4 of the 5 brides wore the same tiara.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #151  
Old 10-26-2005, 07:43 AM
Maxie's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The great city of N., Netherlands
Posts: 1,466
Well, that would make for an interesting exhibition! I don't live that far from Het Loo (about 50 miles, I guess), so that would be great to do in a weekend! :)

Never been to Paleis het Loo anyway!
__________________
Toute royale
  #152  
Old 10-26-2005, 08:51 AM
GrandDuchess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somwhere, Sweden
Posts: 3,407
It sounds like a wonderful exhibition, I hope many Dutch people will get the opportunity to see this very special and rare royal exhibition. If anyone on TRF goes to see it, an little summary would be nice to hear. :)
__________________
Sofia's Blog (my blog)
  #153  
Old 10-26-2005, 09:32 AM
Squidgy's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
I think so, but she would insist on making changes on them, taking away the veils ('no capes!') and shortening the trains, no doubt (according to edna these things always get stuck).

Anyway, I a especially looking forward of seeing Margriet's dress, i have the feeling that the pictures I have seen of it aren't flattering and that it looks better when you see it with your own eyes. The pattern of daisy's must be nice anyway.

Last time they also put the tiara's on top of the dolls (I had a good look at the Wurttemburg pearl tiara, it's huge!!!), but I think that can not be done this time as 4 of the 5 brides wore the same tiara.
Oh yes, there is no doubt that Edna would have lots to say about the gowns.

I imagine Margriet's dress will be beautiful. In most pictures I've seen, it looks rather plain, but under the right lighting, the detail of the daisies are amazing.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=121301

(I would also love to see Anita's dress because I love all of the lace on it.)

Good point about the tiaras - I hadn't thought about it. I suppose they could make 3 duplicates of the ears-of-wheat tiara, but then that would be kind of tacky. Maybe what they will do is just have the tiara on display on its own - that way it can be seen in all its glory, rather than being half hidden amongst someone's hair or veil.
__________________
  #154  
Old 10-26-2005, 09:34 AM
Squidgy's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie
Well, that would make for an interesting exhibition! I don't live that far from Het Loo (about 50 miles, I guess), so that would be great to do in a weekend! :)

Never been to Paleis het Loo anyway!
Isn't that always the way it is - if something is in our own "backyard" we rarely take the time to see it, while others travel for hours and hours to come & see it. I hope you can find the time to visit, and as GrandDuchess says, report back to us.:)
__________________
  #155  
Old 10-26-2005, 09:46 AM
Maxie's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The great city of N., Netherlands
Posts: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgy
Isn't that always the way it is - if something is in our own "backyard" we rarely take the time to see it, while others travel for hours and hours to come & see it. I hope you can find the time to visit, and as GrandDuchess says, report back to us.:)
Yes, that's so true! :) If I'll go there to see the dresses, I surely will report about it on the forums!
__________________
Toute royale
  #156  
Old 10-26-2005, 10:01 AM
dutch royal's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: apeldoorn, Netherlands
Posts: 122
Thumbs up

I have just talked to someone at Paleis het Loo and Princess Margriet will open the new royal brides exhibit at 4 november in the 2nd half of the afternoon.
I am going to see the princess at the palace to take pictures of her.:p :p :p
__________________
  #157  
Old 10-26-2005, 10:20 AM
Squidgy's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,165
Maxie & DutchRoyal, you are both lucky that you live so close to Apeldoorn. I am envious.

Glad to hear you are going DutchRoyal - it should be a fun afternoon. And I always like to see your pictures.
__________________
  #158  
Old 11-02-2005, 05:27 PM
Squidgy's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,165
Some pictures of exhibit staff preparing Anita's & Margriet's wedding dresses for the exhibit to be opened by Margriet on Friday at Het Loo.

Hope you have a wonderful time Dutch Royal.

Photos: ANP
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3147179.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	208674   Click image for larger version

Name:	3147182.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	208675   Click image for larger version

Name:	3147183.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	208676  
__________________
  #159  
Old 11-02-2005, 09:17 PM
Maxie's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The great city of N., Netherlands
Posts: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgy
Some pictures of exhibit staff preparing Anita's & Margriet's wedding dresses for the exhibit to be opened by Margriet on Friday at Het Loo.

Hope you have a wonderful time Dutch Royal.

Photos: ANP
Iew! I see Anita's hideous green dress!
Thanks for the pictures Squidgy. It's good to see there's some work in progress at Paleis Het Loo.
__________________
Toute royale
  #160  
Old 11-04-2005, 03:50 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,812
There was an item about this on RTL-boulevard yesterday, and I got a glimpse of Margriets dress, it looked very good, as I expected. Apparently 20 women workerd at the embroidery, day and night. On the top of the skirt there are 67 daisy's, as 1967 was the year they married. On the entire dress there were, I believe, over 600 daisy's!

Aimee's dress had to be cleaned because it became very dirty during the party. There were some problems with Annette's dress as well. Apparently she put it in a box in the basement of her house, but there was some waterdamage in the basement so the dress had dark stains everywhere and had to be thouroughly cleaned. Apperently they only fond out due to this exhibition.

BTW It was Princess Margriet who suggested this exhibition to the currator of the palace.
__________________

__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Margriet & Prof Pieter van Vollenhoven, Current Events Part 3 (Dec 2008 -) Marengo Princess Margriet, Prof. van Vollenhoven and Family 343 12-15-2014 11:52 AM
Princess Margriet of the Netherlands and Pieter van Vollenhoven - January 10th, 1967 Anna_R Royal Weddings 22 04-18-2014 09:09 PM
Princess Margriet & Pieter van Vollenhoven Singing! Marengo Princess Margriet, Prof. van Vollenhoven and Family 2 08-12-2011 04:02 PM
Princess Margriet & Prof Pieter Van Vollenhoven, Current Events 2 (Nov 2006-Dec 2008) Marengo Current Events Archive 189 12-18-2008 06:25 PM
Pieter van Vollenhoven's 65th Birthday: April 29, 2004 Alexandria Princess Margriet, Prof. van Vollenhoven and Family 0 04-16-2005 02:38 PM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion germany grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit ottoman pregnancy president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince daniel prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit stockholm sweden the hague visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:11 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]