The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 12-29-2005, 04:44 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiffyBallerina
I don't know how things work in The Netherlands, but in the good 'ol USofA, when people lie about you for attention, you can sue them under the slander/libel laws. Also, there are laws against blackmailing and fraud. Isn't there some legal recourse for the RF to dispose of this guy??? In the USA, this guy would be in prison and have all his money taken away.
I think that it's a bit of a two-edge sword for the royal family, I would think at least from the Queen's perspective. While Willem and Maxima and Caroline of Ernst have been known to sue and win against paparazzi images of them being bought and published in magazines, I think the situation with Edwin is slightly different, even if what he has done (recording private conversations, et. al.) is obviously wrong.

To sue him would mean that more of this nasty business would come to the light as his side would get a podium (no doubt with great media interest) to air their dirt, true or not, all in the process of getting to the truth. And I think the last thing the Queen and the royal family wants is to give Edwin more of a stage.

To sue him or take any further action against Edwin would also no doubt put Princess Margarita in a negative light as she was married to him. And as it seems that Princess Margarita has come back to the family fold, I doubt they would want her to be hurt anymore than she already is.

And from what I've learned from being in the media, even if the royal family tries to shut Edwin down by legal recourse or socially to shut him out, there will always be those in the public who are curious and will want to hear Edwin's torrid details whether they are true or not. And if Edwin should get to write this two books as he so plans, there would be a big audience for those books that could just further damage the royal family.

But I do agree that something (I don't know what) has/should be done to stop Edwin. I am not at liberty to make a judgement about his mental health, but in the least I can say that he definitely seems like a man determined and bent on revenge for what (allegedly) he thinks the royal family has done to him.
__________________

__________________
  #62  
Old 12-29-2005, 06:24 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,568
Thanks Alexandria, an excellent post, with which I agree completely. In my anger I called Edwin several not to flattering names, but the truth is that legally the guy is still sane.
And the families policy throughout the first Margarita was to give it as little public attention as possible. Undoubtebly they will do the same this time.
__________________

__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #63  
Old 12-29-2005, 07:35 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,568
Apparently 'De Telegraaf' will have more revelations tomorrow (friday). I hope the newspaper is not changing their attitude to Edwin. They usually referred to him as 'fake baron' and now they are using the more respectfull Dr. de Roy van Zuijdewijn. And they were also very good in digging up dirt from Edwins past, for example former schoolmates/girlfriends/collegues who talked about Edwin stalking them/lying etc.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #64  
Old 12-29-2005, 07:41 PM
Maxie's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The great city of N., Netherlands
Posts: 1,466
OMG, is Edwin back on track? One would think he'd had enough attention by now. :(
__________________
Toute royale
  #65  
Old 12-29-2005, 07:48 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,568
he probably wants a financial settlement with his wife which is more adventagious to him. And maybe revenge on his wife for getting custody of their dog Paco (which became a national gag).
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #66  
Old 12-29-2005, 07:50 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,568
Here thursdays article from www.telegraaf.nl (in dutch):

'Bom onder de monarchie'

De Roy kondigt met veel tumult boek aan
door Jan-Kees Emmer en Joost de Haas
AMSTERDAM - Edwin de Roy van Zuydewijn komt mogelijk al in de eerste helft van komend jaar met zijn 'bom onder de monarchie'.

Edwin de Roy van Zuydewijn laat weer van zich horen.Het boek, waar hij nu de laatste hand aanlegt, bevat volgens zijn advocaat mr. Pim de Vos nieuw, explosief materiaal.
De raadsman spreekt van schandalen die in het belang van de samenleving openbaar gemaakt moeten worden. Het gaat daarbij volgens De Vos onder meer om zaken die de kern raken van het functioneren van ons staatshoofd, koningin Beatrix.
De Roy maakt onder meer gebruik van geluidsopnames die dateren van medio 2001 toen hij zich tegengewerkt voelde door de koninklijke familie en in het geniep de bewijzen daarvan probeerde te verzamelen. "De Roy heeft genoeg materiaal voor minstens twee boeken. Hij onderhandelt nu ook over uitgave in het buitenland", aldus advocaat De Vos. Als het toch nog goed komt met Margarita, zal De Roy afzien van de meest pijnlijke onthullingen, zo heeft hij aan insiders laten weten. Maar dat het huwelijk nog te redden is, lijkt vrijwel uitgesloten.

Some comments on the website of 'De Telegraaf' by readers who call him 'creep' and 'loser' and accuse him of blackmailing is wife: http://www.telegraaf.nl/uwtelegraaf/...le31020541.ece
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #67  
Old 12-29-2005, 07:55 PM
Maxie's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The great city of N., Netherlands
Posts: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
Here thursdays article from www.telegraaf.nl (in dutch):

'Bom onder de monarchie'

De Roy kondigt met veel tumult boek aan
door Jan-Kees Emmer en Joost de Haas
AMSTERDAM - Edwin de Roy van Zuydewijn komt mogelijk al in de eerste helft van komend jaar met zijn 'bom onder de monarchie'.

Edwin de Roy van Zuydewijn laat weer van zich horen.Het boek, waar hij nu de laatste hand aanlegt, bevat volgens zijn advocaat mr. Pim de Vos nieuw, explosief materiaal.
De raadsman spreekt van schandalen die in het belang van de samenleving openbaar gemaakt moeten worden. Het gaat daarbij volgens De Vos onder meer om zaken die de kern raken van het functioneren van ons staatshoofd, koningin Beatrix.
De Roy maakt onder meer gebruik van geluidsopnames die dateren van medio 2001 toen hij zich tegengewerkt voelde door de koninklijke familie en in het geniep de bewijzen daarvan probeerde te verzamelen. "De Roy heeft genoeg materiaal voor minstens twee boeken. Hij onderhandelt nu ook over uitgave in het buitenland", aldus advocaat De Vos. Als het toch nog goed komt met Margarita, zal De Roy afzien van de meest pijnlijke onthullingen, zo heeft hij aan insiders laten weten. Maar dat het huwelijk nog te redden is, lijkt vrijwel uitgesloten.
Thanks Marengo. :) I'm especially interested why he said stupid things like 'if it all ends up well with Margarita, I won't reveal the worst stories in my book' as he told his insiders (if this is true...which I doubt). Sounds like some good old fashioned blackmailing to me. That man is just a sad fellow. I suggest we don't give him too much attention... he's just not worth it.
__________________
Toute royale
  #68  
Old 12-29-2005, 08:44 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
Apparently 'De Telegraaf' will have more revelations tomorrow (friday). I hope the newspaper is not changing their attitude to Edwin. They usually referred to him as 'fake baron' and now they are using the more respectfull Dr. de Roy van Zuijdewijn.
I wonder if De Telegraaf is just feeding public interest in printing these revelations rather than changing their tune about Edwin? This drama of Edwin/Margarita, and now without Margarita, has played out for several years now and has been brought back to the public attention again. (A very sad and sorry cap off to the Queen's banner Silver Jubilee year I must say.)

Hard to think that anyone who's watched this sitaution unfold could change their opinon of Edwin from bad to respectful or good in any manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
And they were also very good in digging up dirt from Edwins past, for example former schoolmates/girlfriends/collegues who talked about Edwin stalking them/lying etc.
Does this man have any redeeming qualities? He's been accused of stalking and lying, too?

What is Edwin's family take on all this? I presume that he's alienated himself from them, too. At this point his lawyers must be his only friends.

And how was it that Margarita met Edwin anyway?
__________________
  #69  
Old 12-29-2005, 11:26 PM
azile's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 471
I get the idea, from other posts in this thread, that most people in the Netherlands find Edwin intolerable. Is this true?

If so, who would read his book anyway?

If he does get something published, it would be wonderful if all contributors on this forum would agree to "boycott" it. It sounds like this man has nothing worth hearing and there is NO point giving him any regard.

Eliza
__________________
  #70  
Old 12-30-2005, 01:10 AM
SpiffyBallerina's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 531
The problem is, even if it's all lies, it's still very unfair to Her Majesty to have to endure this terrible man. Princess Marg should do something - she got her family into this mess so it's her turn to get them out of it.
__________________
  #71  
Old 12-30-2005, 03:31 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Houston, United States
Posts: 853
Margarita has, rightfully, washed her hands of him and the whole mess. There's no way for the Oranges to get out of this without messy lawsuits, so let the fool spout his nonsense and get ridiculed once again. Litigation would only make him more hostile.
__________________
Kelly D
  #72  
Old 12-30-2005, 04:32 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,568
And here the promissed news, Margarita gave her DNA material to her husband in 2003! Now how the .... Edwin wants to prove that she is not a descendant of King WIllem III but of Joonkheer Roell is beyond me.

The article from www.telegraaf.nl:

Prinses Margarita stond haar dna af
door Jan-Kees Emmer en Joost de Haas
AMSTERDAM - Prinses Margarita blijkt een haarlok, speeksel en een kledingstuk te hebben afgestaan in een poging via dna-onderzoek te bewijzen dat koningin Beatrix geen wettig staatshoofd zou zijn.

Het dna-monster van Margarita wordt bewaard op een geheime locatie voor nader onderzoek in een laboratorium. Het dna is door de prinses welbewust en vrijwillig afgestaan.
Dat wordt bevestigd door dna-onderzoeker Peter Nugter en advocaat mr. Pim de Vos, die Margarita's bijna ex-echtgenoot Edwin de Roy van Zuydewijn bijstaan. Volgens De Vos heeft de prinses het materiaal overhandigd na adviezen te hebben ingewonnen van diverse hoogleraren.
De onderzoeker Nugter, bekend als voorman van de Republikeinse Socialisten, verklaart dat tot het dna-onderzoek werd besloten tijdens een bespreking in de zomer van 2003 op het toenmalige kasteel van het echtpaar in Zuid-Frankrijk.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #73  
Old 12-30-2005, 04:53 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria

Does this man have any redeeming qualities? He's been accused of stalking and lying, too?

What is Edwin's family take on all this? I presume that he's alienated himself from them, too. At this point his lawyers must be his only friends.

And how was it that Margarita met Edwin anyway?
Well, his redeeming qualities are unknown to the general public. There are so many stories about him, trying to force entry and yelling at the door of a girl at an english university, yelling beneath the window of an ex-girlfriend who dumped him, business partners who says that all the guy can do is talk, but all his businesses fail. Of course we could all see him yelling at his bride after the wedding in France. Just before he was interviewed by televisionprogramme Nova he had a fight over the telephone with his wife in which he was swearing loudly while banging his head against the wall (!) etc etc.

His mother and sister do not say anything in the press, and I wonder if he has any friends, accept the odd republican vulchar who wants to use him in their smearing campaign.

Edwin and Margarita met in a gym. According to him he didn't know who she was, but former friends say he knew it perfectly well, and he actually enrolled in that gym with the purpose of meeting her.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #74  
Old 12-30-2005, 07:07 AM
Maxie's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The great city of N., Netherlands
Posts: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by azile1710
I get the idea, from other posts in this thread, that most people in the Netherlands find Edwin intolerable. Is this true?

If so, who would read his book anyway?

If he does get something published, it would be wonderful if all contributors on this forum would agree to "boycott" it. It sounds like this man has nothing worth hearing and there is NO point giving him any regard.

Eliza
I think almost everybody in the Netherlands is tired of Edwin and his nonsense, I think I can safely promise you never to read that book, because I think it would bore me to death...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
And here the promissed news, Margarita gave her DNA material to her husband in 2003! Now how the .... Edwin wants to prove that she is not a descendant of King WIllem III but of Joonkheer Roell is beyond me.
I find Edwin has a lot of fantasy, maybe we can persuade him to start writing a detective to make a living, so he doesn't need to steal other people's money with spreading infamous nonsense...
__________________
Toute royale
  #75  
Old 12-30-2005, 08:48 AM
susan alicia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 2,528
do not understand what real difference it would make,

all firstborns were female and became queens and if one of them slept with a Mr. Roëll then -as far as I can reason- Beatrix still is the queen, she only has a different male ancestor.
__________________
  #76  
Old 12-30-2005, 11:45 AM
Squidgy's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
he probably wants a financial settlement with his wife which is more adventagious to him. And maybe revenge on his wife for getting custody of their dog Paco (which became a national gag).
All I can say, is thank God there was only a dog involved & not children.

I must admit I can't figure out how Margarita was vulnerable enough to hook up with such a loser as Edwin - especially coming from a family with such strong female role models?? But such are the mysteries of love, I guess. I suppose that while courting her, he was able to put on a convincing act of being a decent man. I imagine she is wondering herself how she could have fallen for Edwin and I do feel badly for her.

Is he really implying that if Margarita comes back to him, he will stop talking publicly about the family? I guess it looks better to appear to be motivated by love, rather than say, greed (for money and for power). Frankly, I hope he is doing all of this simply to get a better financial settlement. Because if he is doing it because he is obsessed with controlling Margarita, then he is indeed a very scary, perhaps even dangerous, person.
__________________
  #77  
Old 12-30-2005, 02:24 PM
SpiffyBallerina's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 531
This guy is sick. He should be locked up for his and everyone else's good.
__________________
  #78  
Old 12-30-2005, 02:29 PM
Squidgy's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiffyBallerina
This guy is sick. He should be locked up for his and everyone else's good.
Kind of makes you long for the days many centuries ago when a monarch could just order such a pest to be disposed of.
__________________
  #79  
Old 12-30-2005, 03:33 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgy
I must admit I can't figure out how Margarita was vulnerable enough to hook up with such a loser as Edwin - especially coming from a family with such strong female role models?? But such are the mysteries of love, I guess. I suppose that while courting her, he was able to put on a convincing act of being a decent man. I imagine she is wondering herself how she could have fallen for Edwin and I do feel badly for her.
I sort of equate this dysfunctional relationship as one similar to when a spouse is being abused and in such situations, the one partner (usually but not always) the wife is isolated from everyone else who loves her. I gather that living away in France with the core of her family in the Netherlands, Edwin was able to isolate Margarita into believing that her family didn't care about her and that the was the only one who did. It's a sick, psychological game. And with Margarita so vulnerable and feeling so alone, Edwin had endless ways to manipulate her and she was susceptible to it.

Fortunately, Margarita was able to escape Edwin.

And thank Marengo for the answering my questions. Some of those anecdotes about Edwin are downright scary. What sane individual bangs their head against a wall or yells at their new wife publicly?
__________________
  #80  
Old 12-30-2005, 07:20 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Houston, United States
Posts: 853
I'm not surprised Margarita was vulnerable enough to end up with him. She had very selfish parents who put their own needs ahead of their children's (her mother even told Carolina that she shouldn't have had kids because they forced her to postpone living her own life). Growing up in a house where your mother, a strong, if eccentric, woman who is in no way maternal and a father obsessed with gaining an already-occupied throne couldn't have been good for the children. While her siblings seem to have escaped their childhoods, Margarita may be a different, more sensitive, more vulnerable personality, and unable to completely dismiss her childhood and move on with her life. Edwin didn't make Margarita vulnerable, he made use of already-present vulnerabilities.
__________________

__________________
Kelly D
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
roy royal roy royal Member Introductions and Updates 5 06-10-2012 07:29 PM
Princess Margarita de Bourbon Parma & Tjalling ten Cate, May 2008 Her_Majesty Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility 13 05-05-2008 02:49 PM
Princess Margarita and Tjalling ten Cate Engaged!: February 20, 2008 lucien Dutch Royals 18 02-22-2008 06:01 PM
Divorce for Princess Margarita and Edwin de Roy van Zuijdewijn: August 2004 royal_sophietje Dutch Royals 37 03-19-2005 07:53 AM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympics ottoman poland president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess mabel princess margriet princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:23 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]