Princess Máxima, Current Events 5 (September 2007 - March 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure I like the earrings they are big ...even by Maxima standards... I am sure she's wore them before with her hair down and that is probably a better look. IMO. However apart from that bit of a fright she looks lovely.

I think she´s very elegant in the last pics, and the earrings are beautiful,i love them and they match perfect with the outfit. Maxima uses accesories of different materials, not only jewels.

Well, I fail to see why you have to wear ugly pieces like this or other custom made jewelry while in the vaults of Nordeinde there are enough pearls, diamonds, sapphires, emeralds, rubies and aquamarines to wear... sigh...;). Anyway, as others said, good to see the princess out and about and luckily her charisma saves the day as usual (she can wear a plastic bag and still look smashing).

They are not ugly for me. Not every occasion is appropriate to wear precious stones and at last i imagine that you get tired of them. It´s nice that Maxima combines pieces of craftmanship with her clothes.

Last edited:
The messy hair is back. Thanks to the wind. ;)

The colours of the coat are nice, but I don't like the cut.
Apart froms this: nice to see her out again.

Love, love, love the whole outfit on her. Great coat, great color. Very polished yet approachable!

I like these colors very much. They suit her good. But I find Maxima very tired or annoyed. She usually look more cheerful. Is she got problems ? I hope that the little aren't sick...

I like these colors very much. They suit her good. But I find Maxima very tired or annoyed. She usually look more cheerful. Is she got problems ? I hope that the little aren't sick...
i think she had 2 events in the same day,one in the morning, and the other in the afternoon, she might be tired!

i think she had 2 events in the same day,one in the morning, and the other in the afternoon, she might be tired!

You're right. But she looks tired at the first not the second !

You're right. But she looks tired at the first not the second !

Small wonder,HM gave a dinner party at HtB Palace the night before as that was her actual birthday.Must have been an early hour sort of thing,and then,well,what do you know,the girls woke up,one after the other as all children do instead of all at once,Máxima had to get up early again et voila...there you go,we'd all look tired after that wouldn't we?.... :brows::rolleyes:

Intresting programme. How does it work? any idea? I mean if its a 5 week programme, what does it focus on. Glad to see Maxima support such a project.
Besides that, she looked lovely, like the outfit, really gave her some color. The hair is a mess to the weather, though i dont think its too bad.

Maxima is in Luxemburg for two days; see this tread. (Posts start in the last 2 of this page)

Wednesday march 5th HRH Princess Máxima will attend the signing ceremony of the agreement on gay/lesbian emancipation awareness policies.

Het Koninklijk Huis

It will also be the first time that a member of the Royal House (officially-) attends a gay related event.

According to the RVD it shows the Princess's interest/warm heart towards gays.

I'm glad she's attending - it just seems right to me. And I'm glad that she's doing it officially. What is the "mood" in the Netherlands about the gay population (Please dont take any offense anyone, its a long way from home for me!)?

I'm glad she's attending - it just seems right to me. And I'm glad that she's doing it officially. What is the "mood" in the Netherlands about the gay population (Please dont take any offense anyone, its a long way from home for me!)?

There has been some complaining over the years by the gay community that they were ignored by the RF. Especially when one considers that the RF is seeing other minorities on a weekly basis almost these days, this visit is highly overdue.

The climate for gay people used to be very friendly but in recent years the reports of discrimination and physical violence are on the rise, especially in certain circles of the immigrant polulation.

Last edited:
There has been some complaining over the years by the gay community that they were ignored by the RF. Especially when one considers that the RF is seeing other minorities on a weekly basis almost these days, this visit is highly overdue.

The climate for gay people used to be very friendly but in recent years the reports of discrimination and physical violence are on the rise, especially in certain circles of the immigrant polulation.

You are right about the first part dear Marengo,but then a visit had/has been planned several times but due to external reasons,could never get the go ahead.Twice because the COC had problems in their board so all was cancelled.

About the gay friendly climate.It used to be THE place to be,The Netherlands and especially Amsterdam,and it still is but the minority of immigrants,of North African countries,read Morocco mainly,cause problems,pestering,fysical violence.Not on a continuous bases,but enough to draw attention and you say;'Hé,what the heck".So there's that minority growing,big/foul mouthed,uneducated and all,with imams telling their "faithfull" that gays are less then pigs and a punishment by god,should be thrown from high buildings and what other rubbish,nonsense,insults and moreover discrimination,while when you say something on them they scream bloody murder and "we are discriminated"...Yeah...sure....
My opinion?You don't wanna know.Guess.We went way to far in politically corectness and protecting those that do not deserve that,at all,because it is the political correct thing to do.What I think of that?Have another guess.

And to reply to Marengo's post,yes,dear CU,that backward lot it's just the worst,I do hope this cabinet falls before their term is over.And as you know Marengo,there are three of these "boys" (No,not gay,same CU/SGP background that is)in the government,ie,same university,VU Amsterdam,Balkenende,Bos,Rouvoet.

Last edited:
I actually think the present government isn't too gay friendly either, the Christian Union (the smallest government party) has made it possible for civil servants to refuse to marry gay people and more has followed. The European Commission warned only a few weeks ago that Religious schools, organisations etc. have too many possibilities to refuse to hire (or fire) gay people because of their sexuality. And there are more subtle ways of discrimination than just firing and such of course, not only with religious people.

Anyway, the muslim immigrants are the biggest practical thread here, the hate crimes against gay people show a shocking rise, and almost all of them are done by Muslims indeed.

Anyway, I am glad that at least Maxima shows somwe interest, the Queen never has I believe and the crownprince was supposed to visit the COC this autumn but the visit was postponed I believe.

Last edited:
Maxima looks so lovely in the white jacket. I am pleased to read that she will be participating in an event for gay rights and awareness. In my humble opinion, she is doing the right thing. I think it is great.

Thanks Marengo and Lucien, I really had no idea at all. I now feel even more strongly that this is a good thing. When you are an immigrant in a new country you need to show respect for the culture/cultural values of that country. And it seems that it is the minority who are not who get the attention.

(I feel strongly on this subject - when you think of youth today, what you think of??? Hard working, upstanding members of the community or drunk rude louts???) You do not want there to be an extreme situation in which all Muslim migrants are 'hated' because, some are violent.

My point is that: hopefully Maxima's attendance will highlight that acceptance is important.

Lucien you say:

Princess Máxima will attend the signing ceremony of the agreement on gay/lesbian emancipation awareness policies.

Do we know if Maxima will make any kind of speech? That could be interesting (for lack of a better word).

Princess Máxima will bury a time-capsule tomorrow at the Nature Monuments climate forest,Biddinghuizen.

Children have been requested to make drawings and essays on how they think the world will look in 25 years,and along
with their pictures and tomorrows newspapers will be put in the capsule.

All the children will be invited in 25 years from now to see what came of their ideas.
Het Koninklijk Huis

Princess Máxima will bury a time-capsule tomorrow at the Nature Monuments climate forest,Biddinghuizen.

Children have been requested to make drawings and essays on how they think the world will look in 25 years,and along
with their pictures and tomorrows newspapers will be put in the capsule.

All the children will be invited in 25 years from now to see what came of their ideas.
Het Koninklijk Huis

That's such a lovely idea. Wonder how they picked the kids?

That's such a lovely idea. Wonder how they picked the kids?

They asked the children of the 5th and 6th grade of the elementary school in Biddinghuizen,the village where the heart shaped forest is.:flowers:

It sounds like something out of a fairytale.

February 28th Her Royal Highness Princess Máxima will bury time-capsules at the climate forest by Natuurmonumenten,Biddinghuizen.

pic 1 -- pic 2

A few more pictures from ANP

pic 1 -- pic 2 -- pic 3 -- pic 4 -- pic 5 -- pic 6

The little boy who is carrying the boots (I Think for Maxima) Is adorable.
Btw, Maxima seems to be dressed up for the event & the men in suits, how formal was this event?

A few more pictures from ANP

pic 1 -- pic 2 -- pic 3 -- pic 4 -- pic 5 -- pic 6

The little boy who is carrying the boots (I Think for Maxima) Is adorable.
Btw, Maxima seems to be dressed up for the event & the men in suits, how formal was this event?

Not formal at all,only dear Máxima got there right after accompanying Mrs.Guebuza,wife of the president of Mozambique.
Hence...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom