Princess Máxima, Current Events 4 (April - September 2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aurora810 said:
That's good to know that they do. I'm not a parent but I can imagine that it would be quite special of time spent with a young child. I would hope that even royals would not want to miss out.

Yes...Royals are human beings, after all! :D

Vanesa.

According to the royalblog.nl Party has excused itself for posting those pictures. If I read correctly they will pay for damages.

According to the royalblog.nl Party has excused itself for posting those pictures. If I read correctly they will pay for damages.

They feel the heat coming because they know they will loose the lawsuit and try to escape for a nickel by making an excuse to the Prince and the Princesses.

:flowers:

What I really don't get is: is the amount of sold magazines worth a lawsuit? I mean, it's not a picture of Máxima cheating on the Prince or topless in the beach, so why risk themselves so much in first place?? tsk tsk

What I really don't get is: is the amount of sold magazines worth a lawsuit? I mean, it's not a picture of Máxima cheating on the Prince or topless in the beach, so why risk themselves so much in first place?? tsk tsk

Any simple fresh new picture of Princess Máxima with the princesses, combined with 'inside information' like "Princess Máxima days and nights at poor Princess Ariane's bed" makes the sales go mad.

The one in honor of the birthday of Pss Alexia, Tuesday, June 26, 2007.

As posted by Sal on the Benelux Royals MB:

Princess Máxima has become more emotional after becoming mother she tells in an interview with magazine Onze Wereld (Our World), a magazine about globalisation. "My attention for poverty has not changed, but I got more emotional about it", so she tells.

"Once you have children, you are much more aware of the future and your responsibility of insuring the future, for security, freedom, sustainability, respect and chances.
I must admit that I now have much more problems with unjustice and unsafety. Sometimes I cannot listen to the stories simply because I am too touched emotionally."
The princess misses the notion of urgency in the world sometimes with questions concerning such as poverty reduction, environment and tolerance for cultural differences. "I do have problems personally with the hypocrecy and the windowdressing which I encounter sometimes."
The princess admits that as a member of the royal house she must be careful sometimes in her work and with her opinions, but the possibilities which prince Claus and I have got in this position to get matters moving is much larger than what we ever could have reached as a diplomat or a banker. Therefore that evens out the restrictions of this position. Princess Máxima will friday afternoon open the lustrum symposium of the prince Claus pulpit in palace Noordeinde in The Hague. The symposium concerns education and research in the developing cooperation. The symposium will alsobe be attended by queen Beatrix, prince Friso and princess Mabel.

OnzeWereld - Home

I don't trust Maxima. She talks about human rights when her father was a member of a violent government. I think all she wants is the Peace Nobel. Sorry, just my opinion.

I don't trust Maxima. She talks about human rights when her father was a member of a violent government. I think all she wants is the Peace Nobel. Sorry, just my opinion.

The Princess is not searching for the Nobel Prize. She is in a position in which she can use her influence.

With all respect: I don't think you can held the Princess accountable for her father's political choices when she herself was a little schoolgirl of 5 -11 years old between 1976 and 1982.

Last edited:
Well said, Henri M. The Princess could NOT be judged for what her father had done...even if she would have a full grown -up person. I think your father could be a Communist and yourself a Liberal, or vice-versa...Or your father a Communist and yourself a Royalist. Princess Maxima IS NOT responsible for her father's act; only for what she does or think.

Vanesa.

Don't start that please !

At the time of the engagement, there were plenty of comments like this.
Maxima is not responsible and is doing her job very well:bang:

{personal comments deleted - Elspeth}Her father is her father and the past has nothing to do with our present day Máxima.She was a child then and has condemned that period over and over and not just because she "had to" but because she means it.And as for a Nobel Prize?Hope she gets one eventually,SHE has the brains,but alltogether it wouldn't matter to her personally,as long as the work she does shows results.That's better then any prize to her.

Last edited by a moderator:
{deleted for consistency - Elspeth}Her father is her father and the past has nothing to do with our present day Máxima.She was a child then and has condemned that period over and over and not just because she "had to" but because she means it.And as for a Nobel Prize?Hope she gets one eventually,SHE has the brains,but alltogether it wouldn't matter to her personally,as long as the work she does shows results.That's better then any prize to her.

{deleted for consistency - Elspeth}I have the right to trust or distrut whoever I wish. I think Máxima is a Dutch Princess, so she should be more concerned with Dutch people, and not with people who live so far away from The Netherlands. There are better qualified people who can do that.
Princess Mary is making a wonderful job against bullying in Danish schools and Máxima should be like this.
{deleted for consistency - Elspeth} Thanks

I respect your point but another view point could be she wants to do a difference, i mean, she has seen what her father has done wrong etc & wants to do better. Doesnt mean if her father was a bad person, or did bad means she is too:)

{deleted for consistency - Elspeth}while i respect your opinion, i need to clarify a couple of points that are nonsense to me. for example, no royal ever received a nobel peace price. what makes you think maxima is expecting a nobel peace price for her? why would she need it? her mentions as godwill ambassador to the un or as advisor to the un are in my opinion way more important, for her and probably for the rest of the world as well.

second point: how silly is to blame on a little girl of less than 10 years old what happened with her father's involvement in argentina. i suppose as an argentinian that you are, you should know that maxima's father, mr. jorge zorreguieta, was only involved 2 years with the government, when a normal post at the government lasts for 4. it's obvious mr. zorreguieta didn't want to get involved in what was happening and left the ministry, being the gentleman he is. and even if jorge zorreguieta was a monster and commited lots of crimes against humanities (which he didn't, as the dutch court determined when all his actions were investigated before maxima's wedding), maxima is no one to blame for.

and third and last...

I think Máxima is a Dutch Princess, so she should be more concerned with Dutch people, and not with people who live so far away from The Netherlands. There are better qualified people who can do that.
Princess Mary is making a wonderful job against bullying in Danish schools and Máxima should be like this.

what makes you think maxima isn't involved in activities in the netherlands? the fact she went to give a speech in london, because the financial inclusion congress was held there? maxima went there as an advisory board member in the financial sector to the UN. as you may or may not know, the nertherlands is part of the united nations and maxima's involvement with international organisations shows her capacity to act in high level activities rather than simply cutting bows and holding flowers in meetings. i'm personally very glad maxima takes part in international activities to make the world a better place. her involvement with the microcredits, to mention an example, was a great success which caused substantial benefit to those in the programme, with whom maxima got directly involved...

... and this time it wasn't her who won the nobel peace price, but muhammad yunus, the economist who invented them. what other reward would be better than helping a nobel peace laureate be so succesful in developing third world countries?

and to your knowledge, mary of denmark took the idea of the anti-bullying programme from one she supports in her home country, australia. bad point to make proof of how maxima should work in the netherlands, which she does: as far as i know maxima only supports programmes of the netherlands and of the united nations.

{deleted for consistency - Elspeth} I have the right to trust or distrut whoever I wish. I think Máxima is a Dutch Princess, so she should be more concerned with Dutch people, and not with people who live so far away from The Netherlands. There are better qualified people who can do that.

Yes, Princess Máxima is a Princess of the Netherlands and the spouse to it's future King. But generally seen children born in wealthy, peaceful and safe Netherlands are born in better circumstances than the overhwelming majority of children born elsewhere in the world. With other words: there are more urgent problems with children in absolute need than the average Dutch child will ever experience.

Besides that the Princess does a lot of Dutch topics, the most in the eye is her membership of the 'Commission Máxima' (The Comission on the Participation of Women from Ethnic Minorities). Following her financial background, it is a logic choice for her to focus on financial and economical topics.

Like it is logic that Princess Mabel, following her long experience in the fight for democratization, human rights and Aids continues these activities in her new royal role. And the same can be said for communication-advisor Laurentien who focuses on functional illiteracy and the promotion of reading, communicating and education.

It is nice that Mary of Denmark found a topic (bullying) in between her visits to the catwalk.

She is.HRH is a strong advocate for the minorities/immigrants here as well as for the youth task force on youth un-employment and all underlaying problems,but there will be more posts on that next monday (see the dutch Royal Calendar).She has more up her sleeve,micro-credit is but one of her interests,as you can read as all is posted on this
Forum.

Please understand that I am not intolerant toward other opinions at all.Far from it.But I just wish all to have the facts right, ignorance is something you can try to turn into knowledge and understanding if you listen and read.

HRH is a strong advocate in many fields related directly to The Netherlands,The Netherlands Antilles and Aruba,fi,the minorities/immigrants and youth unemployement and all underlaying problems to name a few,and she has more up here sleeve,micro-credit being another one,abroad as well as in The Netherlands,as you can read on this Forum as all is dicussed and posted.

And there's always the Royal House web to check first:
The Dutch Royal House

how silly is to blame on a little girl of less than 10 years old what happened with her father's involvement in argentina. i suppose as an argentinian that you are, you should know that maxima's father, mr. jorge zorreguieta, was only involved 2 years with the government, when a normal post at the government lasts for 4. it's obvious mr. zorreguieta didn't want to get involved in what was happening and left the ministry, being the gentleman he is. and even if jorge zorreguieta was a monster and commited lots of crimes against humanities (which he didn't, as the dutch court determined when all his actions were investigated before maxima's wedding), maxima is no one to blame for.

I didn't blame her. She has nothing to do with his father actions, but I find quite hypocrital how she talks about injustices and violence when she invited to her wedding a catholic priest who is known to have simpathies for the old regime in Argentina. {political content deleted - Elspeth}

In my opinion, and this is how I see Royalty, a dutch princess should work for The Netherlands, a spanish princess should work for Spain, a danish princess should work for Denmark, and so on... When a princess is more concerned with the World than with her own country (and I say because I don't know any other princess so involved in international issues like Maxima) she is negligating her own people.

In my opinion, and this is how I see Royalty, a dutch princess should work for The Netherlands, a spanish princess should work for Spain, a danish princess should work for Denmark, and so on... When a princess is more concerned with the World than with her own country (and I say because I don't know any other princess so involved in international issues like Maxima) she is negligating her own people.

Well, Maxima is in a very priviliged position, if she can do something to help the world, and she does it, that's fantastic! Africa needs a lot more help than Denmark or the Netherlands or Spain.

I didn't blame her. She has nothing to do with his father actions, but I find quite hypocrital how she talks about injustices and violence when she invited to her wedding a catholic priest who is known to have simpathies for the old regime in Argentina. {deleted for consistency - Elspeth}

Princess Máxima does a LOT of public appearances in the Netherlands, she attends all incoming state visits, does attend major outgoing state visits, is there at Queen's Day, joins the Queen in the Golden State Carriage on her way to the State Opening of Parliament, attends Remembrance Day and is present on every highday in the Netherlands or the royal houses at home and abroad.

I have never ever heard any Dutchman making a complaint about the Princess' supposed lack of interest in Dutch topics.'

By the way: keep in the eye what she actually is. She is the spouse to The Prince of Orange. No more, no less. She is no minister, no governor, no major, no general, no police woman, no teacher. She is just a wife and a mother. Because the Netherlands government finds it 'undesirable' that the spouse of the King is depending on others, and that she must be able 'to maintain the dignity and the prestige of the House' she is given her own allowance. But there is no any job description, no any 'requirements', nothing. She is the spouse to the future King and she has to fill in her own life. If she prefers to stay in the palace and keeps a low profile, that would have been her own choice as well.

Originally Posted by Henri M.

Besides that the Princess does a lot of Dutch topics, the most in the eye is her membership of the 'Commission Máxima' (The Comission on the Participation of Women from Ethnic Minorities). Following her financial background, it is a logic choice for her to focus on financial and economical topics.

Like it is logic that Princess Mabel, following her long experience in the fight for democratization, human rights and Aids continues these activities in her new royal role. And the same can be said for communication-advisor Laurentien who focuses on functional illiteracy and the promotion of reading, communicating and education.

Originally Posted by Henri M.

It is nice that Mary of Denmark found a topic (bullying) in between her visits to the catwalk.

henri m., your comments always make me smile. :flowers: i agree with everything you said.

{political discussion deleted - Elspeth}

i don't think either that maxima is neglecting her people at all. examples are given in henri m.'s message.

Princess Máxima does a LOT of public appearances in the Netherlands, she attends all incoming state visits, does attend major outgoing state visits, is there at Queen's Day, joins the Queen in the Golden State Carriage on her way to the State Opening of Parliament, attends Remembrance Day and is present on every highday in the Netherlands or the royal houses at home and abroad.

I have never ever heard any Dutchman making a complaint about the Princess' supposed lack of interest in Dutch topics.'

an anecdote to finish my message. the other day i met a dutch man in my country and he was apparently here for a short summer break. he asked for some directions and told me he was dutch so i couldn't refrain asking if he knew princess maxima. we engaged in conversation and said "everyone loves her!" following a detailed explanation of the views of dutch people about their royal family, ranging from maxima, to prince claus, to prince bernhard and queen juliana... i was pleasantly surprised with his comments about how much dutch people like maxima... it's therefore why i doubt she "neglects her own people", as aquarella said. who better to judge than the dutch people?

Ladies and gentlemen, please remember that this is NOT a political forum, and we DO NOT allow political discussions of any kind. Period.

Furthermore, everyone, and I do mean everyone, on this forum is entitled to their own opinion, and should not be griped at for expressing their opinion.

Having said that, everyone on this forum should also be able to express their opinion in a manner that is not offensive to others. There are ways to make your point known without deteriorating into personal attacks.

I've edited out some political comments and some personal attacks by some posters on others. Please remember what Empress said about that:

Having said that, everyone on this forum should also be able to express their opinion in a manner that is not offensive to others. There are ways to make your point known without deteriorating into personal attacks.

If you don't want to see your posts disappear in the future, you'll want to confine your criticisms to the ideas expressed and don't attack the person expressing them.

I've reopened the thread; please stay away from political discussions, and also let's drop these snide comments about Princess Mary, which are off-topic here.

Elspeth

Royal Forums administrator

I was reading the Dutch calender, and saw that Maxima will leave tomorrow the 26th for Kenya. This of course will be after the photoshoot I suppose?

her interest in poor people who live far away from The Netherlands is in a way a typical Dutch activity, a Dutch tradition since the past couple of decades. Holland donates together with the scandinavian countries the highest amount of foreign aid to the poorest far away.

{deleted for consistency - Elspeth}I have the right to trust or distrut whoever I wish. I think Máxima is a Dutch Princess, so she should be more concerned with Dutch people, and not with people who live so far away from The Netherlands. There are better qualified people who can do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom