Princess Máxima, Current Events 4 (April - September 2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the photo is great! maxima is for expote in any minute!

It is Alexia, there is a picture of Maxima and Amalia but that was when Amalia was younger.

Henri M. said:
The Rijksvoorlichtingsdienst denied that the fences were ordered by the Royal House. The municipality of The Hague stated that the fences in front of the hospital have nothing to do with the royal family.

Wow, that sounds quite exciting! :lol:

I still think that this baby will arrive within the next two weeks. I'm glad that the family could enjoy a nice springtime outing together.

Gorgeous pic! On the web-log it says that it is Alexia in the photo :) Maxima looks quite ready to give birth, maybe this week? The fences at the hospital are a good give-away to the anticipated birth date

Princess Robijn said:
ANP had pictures, but because of the mediacode they had to remove them from their site. The newspaper 'Reformatorisch Dagblad' also had a picture, Alexia was walking next to her mother wearing purple.

Why did ANP have to remove the pictures?

I can't believe Maxima is still able to walk around let alone stand. :lol: She looks like she is about to give birth any second now!

marezdote said:
Why did ANP have to remove the pictures?

The pictures are in breach with article 3 of the Media Code Royal House:

Article 3
The private lives of members of the Royal House will be respected; that is, they may be confident of being left in peace at times when they are not appearing publicly in one of their official positions. This provision therefore also applies to the members of the Royal House who are still minors (up to and including their years at school and any further periods of education).

The picture was offered to ANP who placed it in their image-bank. But after a call they immediately removed it.

:flowers:

TLLK said:
I still think that this baby will arrive within the next two weeks. I'm glad that the family could enjoy a nice springtime outing together.

Maybe even in a week,or a wee bit over.

corazon said:
the photo is great! maxima is for expote in any minute!

if you mean explode, i totally agree with you corazon. omg somebody get that princess a chair. ;)

Beautiful picture of Maxima and Alexia. :)
Quick question, because I've not long taken an interest in the Dutch royals, can somebody tell me, when the new baby is born will the name be released straight away or do the couple tend keep it quiet for a while?

The name is generally released within 3 days officially, but as has happened the last few times, the name was "leaked" slighly before the official ceremony in the "gemeentehuis" or city hall.

...sOfIa.... said:
Quick question, because I've not long taken an interest in the Dutch royals, can somebody tell me, when the new baby is born will the name be released straight away or do the couple tend keep it quiet for a while?

The two previous times the baby was born on a Sunday and the names were announced on Tuesday:
that was when the Prince registered his daughters at the City Hall.

The Prince registering his daughter Princess Catharina-Amalia
The gentlemen at the left and the right are the premier and the vice-president of the Council of State,
their attendance is needed for the registration of a successor to the throne.

The Prince and the Mayor of The Hague

The Prince meets the press in the City Hall

Princess Catharina-Amalia's birth certificate

Last edited:
I agree Máxima looks very big, but springlike with her green coat and happy and lovely. Alexia is getting so big and cute. I hope for a picture of all three children with their parents when the new baby is there. Alexia's hair is really growing long, but of course, she is not a baby anymore.

...sOfIa.... said:

They wait 3 days (Within 3 days a baby has to be 'reported' to the state)

Last edited:
The two previous times the baby was born on a Sunday

;) So maybe we'll get some news today! Princess Maxima really looks like ready to "pop"!

Henri M. said:
The pictures are in breach with article 3 of the Media Code Royal House:

Article 3
The private lives of members of the Royal House will be respected; that is, they may be confident of being left in peace at times when they are not appearing publicly in one of their official positions. This provision therefore also applies to the members of the Royal House who are still minors (up to and including their years at school and any further periods of education).

The picture was offered to ANP who placed it in their image-bank. But after a call they immediately removed it.

I have a question about this. Why did ANP have to comply but the web-log did not take the pic down? Just curious what the difference is and couldn't another news organization get the pic from the web-log or direct people to the web-log which would in my opinion be helping to circulate the photo. Or maybe it's just not that big of a deal. As long as its not on major media sites.

Aurora810 said:
I have a question about this. Why did ANP have to comply but the web-log did not take the pic down? Just curious what the difference is and couldn't another news organization get the pic from the web-log or direct people to the web-log which would in my opinion be helping to circulate the photo. Or maybe it's just not that big of a deal. As long as its not on major media sites.

The Algemeen Nederlands Persbureau (ANP / General Netherlands Press Agency) works for all media who are client of this agency.

The weblog you referred to 'picked' the picture from the ANP-site or from one of the online newspapers before a complaint by the Rijksvoorlichtingsdienst (State Information Service) was received about the breach of the Media Code by a journalist. The ANP and the online newspapers immediately removed the picture but internet is só fast: the picture has already been spread all over the web and appears on various weblogs indeed.

Last edited:
Alright I figured that is what it was Henri. The darn speed of the internet.;)

I guess I would also think that out of courtesy the web-logs and other sites might remove it. Although if they had many of us wouldn't have seen it. ;)

Wow Maxima's bump is definately ready to pop! Im lucky to arrive home and find still no baby. Alexia looks so like Amalia did at that age

crm2317 said:
Wow Maxima's bump is definately ready to pop! Im lucky to arrive home and find still no baby.

:lol: Just like me, I was away for a week and was sure that when I got home I would see the Maxima had given birth!

Oh and thank you for the answers to my question guys :flowers:

Maxima is so big! She has a beautiful round belly, and I can't believe Alexia is so big already :flowers:

I love what she wore, she looked so good on this event. And what a beautiful, beautiful flowers you showed us Henri.M. I have never been to Amsterdam, but people keep telling me how green it is. Now I understand :lol:

btw, Friday night, I dreamt Maxima had given birth to a boy called Willem-Friso. Don't ask me why the boy was called Willem-Friso, lol.

MissSaga said:
Maxima is so big! She has a beautiful round belly, and I can't believe Alexia is so big already :flowers:

I love what she wore, she looked so good on this event. And what a beautiful, beautiful flowers you showed us Henri.M. I have never been to Amsterdam, but people keep telling me how green it is. Now I understand :lol:

btw, Friday night, I dreamt Maxima had given birth to a boy called Willem-Friso. Don't ask me why the boy was called Willem-Friso, lol.

Most of the pictures are from De Keukenhof; that's not Amsterdam, the same for most of the other pictures, not Amsterdam. It seems to me that the American people think Holland has only one place en that's Amsterdam. Believe me, there is far more than Amsterdam, even better. I life in the east of Holland; if you will see green than you have to go to the east, it's beatiful here, it's called the backyard of Holland. So if you are comming, stap by :flowers:

The hakes or baricades(whatever they are called) is encouraging to me. Because I know that the Dutch love their royals but this is the third child of W-A and Maxima so I was wondering how much media and interest there would actually be. I heard that things were going to be quite different this time around since it was the third child. Which I hope isn't true because I would hope for things to be similar to how they were with Alexia's birth. Media-wise at least I still want there to be quite a buzz. There was in Belgium for little Emmanuel(not sure I spelled that right).

Do you guys think W-A and Maxima will stop at three kids or that they'll have more? Have they ever hinted at how many kids they wanted to have?

Aurora810 said:
The hakes or baricades(whatever they are called) is encouraging to me. Because I know that the Dutch love their royals but this is the third child of W-A and Maxima so I was wondering how much media and interest there would actually be.

A lot.

It is beautiful spring weather, the nation has a week off for Easter, the media are fighting to have the scoop and there is rumour about will it be a Prince or not (not to be compared with former times, since the gender does not play a role anymore since 1983).

ldt20, maybe the answer to your question all hinges on the sex of baby number 3. Some people reallly want the experience of having a girl and a boy. So maybe if they don't get a boy this time they will keep trying. But lets not forget the demands of their jobs as Prince and Princess so I think this could be it for them. Looking around at other royal couples 3 seems to be a popular amount of children to have. Current popular trios: Sweden, Monaco(Caroline, Albert, Stephanie) and also the Casiraghi's, Belgium, Spain, and of course the Netherlands as well.

I think it all depends on three things(notice the 3 again, it's a theme)
1. what this baby is
2. how badly they want a boy if they don't get one
3. Maxima's overall health, this is the most important, it's hard on a woman's body to have 3 kids in a relatively short amount of time like she has.

I guess we'll have to wait and see but I have an inkling this could be the last time we are sitting around anticipating the birth of W-A and Maxima's child.

p.s. I'm hoping for a boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom