The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 12:35 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

This Els (..) lady writes for Vorsten Royale to, right? She and the guy seem pretty sure the peacock parure is still in the family. But the guy makes a mistake and obviously assumes the necklace and the tiara are one, while they are two peaces. I wonder how the lady knew these things, I can not imagine that the court is giving her any insights, so she probably uses the Brus-bible.

Anyway, maybe a discussion for the jewels forum here :) Maxima looks great in the rubies, especially in Argentina. I found it a pity that she had an empty neck in Stockholm, the necklace would ahve looked great there, as would the big stomacher of the melliero parure (last worn by Juliana).

Old 01-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Royal Highness

I think both diamonds-and-rubies parures are still intact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
This Els (..) lady writes for Vorsten Royale to, right? She and the guy seem pretty sure the peacock parure is still in the family. But the guy makes a mistake and obviously assumes the necklace and the tiara are one, while they are two peaces. I wonder how the lady knew these things, I can not imagine that the court is giving her any insights, so she probably uses the Brus-bible.

Anyway, maybe a discussion for the jewels forum here :) Maxima looks great in the rubies, especially in Argentina. I found it a pity that she had an empty neck in Stockholm, the necklace would ahve looked great there, as would the big stomacher of the melliero parure (last worn by Juliana).
Indeed I noted this mistake my mr Brom on the Peacock Parure. The accompanying images of Princess Irene wearing this parure clearly show the diademe ánd the matching (quite elaborate) collier.

There were more silly mistakes in the program. The presenter, Jeroen Snel, read the names of Prince 'Johan Willem Friso' while we could clearly hear Prince Claus saying: 'His names are Johan Friso Bernhard Christiaan David, and we call him: Friso'.

I think both diamond-and-rubies parures are still intact for three reasons:
- the rubies seems to have a very old dynastical provenance
- the parures belong to the special Foundation and can not be sold
- recently Princess Máxima has been seen with items from both parures

Old 01-18-2007, 08:14 PM
Courtier

Caption: NEW YORK - JANUARY 18: United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon (L) walks into a meeting room alongside of Princess Maxima of the Netherlands on January 18, 2007 in New York City. (Photo by Chris Hondros/Getty Images)

pic 1
pic 2
pic 3
Old 01-18-2007, 09:29 PM
Commoner

Maxima is a true professional. She looks tired in those photos and her skin is acting up just like normal pregnant women! Yet, she is really making an effort to smile for the cameras. It must be tough on her at this stage in her pregnancy, but the Orange show goes on...
Old 01-19-2007, 03:48 AM
Administrator

Here are some more pics of Maxima meeting United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon:

Maxima 1
Maxima 2
Maxima 3
Old 01-19-2007, 04:36 AM
Royal Highness

Good heavens. She looks like she is very due to give birth. I wonder if such a transatlantic flight is good for ladies in this stage of pregnancy?

Anyway, she beams, despite her tired appearance and her messy (why, oh why so unelegant? ) hairdo.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

She looks very tired, but Im really impressed with her effort she is making. Not only will she go to Norway in a month, just a few days later she will go on a state visit to Turkey, Esp a state visit in a Turkey sound like a quite a strinious trip for a woman that looks like she is ready to give birth any day.

what was the purpose of the trip to New York, Microcredit?
Old 01-19-2007, 05:49 AM
Moderator Emeritus

She indeed looks VERY pregnant! It's hard to belive the baby will be born in April...

Old 01-19-2007, 06:44 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
She looks very tired, but Im really impressed with her effort she is making. Not only will she go to Norway in a month, just a few days later she will go on a state visit to Turkey, Esp a state visit in a Turkey sound like a quite a strinious trip for a woman that looks like she is ready to give birth any day.

what was the purpose of the trip to New York, Microcredit?
i think she visited new york to meet the new secretary general as a goodwill ambassador that she it to the UN, with the microcredits.

i totally agree with you, larzen. she obviosuly looks tired, but i think it's incredible what a hectic schedule she is following being 7 months pregnant. she is also one of the first (if not the first) royal to visit the new secretary general ban-ki-mon.

i'm proud of maxima and her proactiveness, she really manages to make a difference.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-19-2007, 07:17 AM
Royal Highness

Mabelian links

The Orange-Nassaus are masters in networking and had very good and close ties with Kofi and Nane Annan. Both were guests at the wedding on 02-02-02.

But Princess Mabel, there she is again, has worked on the UN in New York as well. In the Netherlands we all know the unbelievable story of her love-relationship with the former Minister of Foreign Affairs and then Ambassador for Bosnia-Herzegovina, Mohammed Sacirbey.

That while mrs. Sacirbey was fully aware of the extramarital affair. In 1993 Mabel was almost kidnapped by the Serbian secret service. In a report by the NIOD (Netherlands' Institute on War Documentation) on the fall of the muslim-enclave Srebrenica, it was written that the two only persons outside the political and military circuit with influence on the Dutch/EU-policy in former Yugoslavia were Mabel Wisse Smit and her amant Mohammed Sacirbey.

Anyway, there is an enormous network between the Orange-Nassaus and international organizations and this helped Princess Máxima's entrance to the new Secretary-General.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:33 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
She indeed looks VERY pregnant! It's hard to belive the baby will be born in April...

I thought exacteley the same thing when I saw the pictures.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:42 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the photos and information. This is why I like Maxima so much, she puts 100% effort into everything that she does.
I think she looks really nice in the photos, very comfortable and I agree with you all, I can't believe the baby isn't due for ages yet!
Old 01-19-2007, 09:03 AM
Gentry

I love her coat.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Gentry

nope

Quote:
. I wonder if such a transatlantic flight is good for ladies in this stage of pregnancy?
Flying in that stage does not influence the pregnancy in a bad way. And the mom can sit for a few hours, so I doubt it's bothersome.

You can't tell how far along a woman is by the size of her belly btw. Some women hardly show, some women look fullterm at 6 months. Doesn't even mean the baby is big if the belly is big. Depends on how much fluid there is in there. Maxima has allways been big at six-seven months so I really don't think this baby will arrive before the last week of March.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Heir Apparent

It must be a boy to show so much !
Old 01-19-2007, 09:53 AM
Administrator

Maxima looks great and yes a little tired. I am sure she (as well her doctors) will pull back if her engagements get to be too much.

And yes, her hair is looking rather unkempt. Its been VERY WINDY on the east coast of the US the last couple of days...I am almost lost a Shih Tzu due to the wind I am a little surprised that one of her assistants or somebody, didn't suggest a touch up before taking pictures. Yes, the initiative is more important than the look but still.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinsesbeagle
Flying in that stage does not influence the pregnancy in a bad way. And the mom can sit for a few hours, so I doubt it's bothersome.
Prinses Beagle,

I worked for an airline for several years and let me point out, after having entered the 7th month of pregnancy, women need a special permit from their doctors to be admitted in the flight. One of the reasons is... well, I bet no airline wants a birth on a plane!!

Secondly, there is also an increased risk of blood clots and DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis), especially during long flights.

But in Máxima's situation, I bet she's really well-looked after
Old 01-19-2007, 10:30 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
I wonder if such a transatlantic flight is good for ladies in this stage of pregnancy?
Actually, modern air travel is extremely safe, even for expectant mothers. The biggest risk-and the reason airlines don't really like mothers in their eigth or ninth months to fly- is that the mother will go into labor during the flight, and thus would need medical attention. This is a bigger rist in a transatlantic flight since there really no place to land. Maxima, however, probably travels with a doctor or a medical person who can attend to her, both in flight and in New York. I don't know anything about how Maxima flies, but for example, our president flies in Air Force One, which has a full medical operating room on board in case of emergencies.

Here is an article that talks about air travel and pregnancy

Old 01-19-2007, 10:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
Maxima looks great and yes a little tired. I am sure she (as well her doctors) will pull back if her engagements get to be too much.

And yes, her hair is looking rather unkempt. Its been VERY WINDY on the east coast of the US the last couple of days...I am almost lost a Shih Tzu due to the wind I am a little surprised that one of her assistants or somebody, didn't suggest a touch up before taking pictures. Yes, the initiative is more important than the look but still.
Zonk, I agree 100%. She's probably doing her best, but he-llo assistants!
Old 01-19-2007, 11:35 AM
Nobility

She's really a hardworking woman, I'm very impressed too.

Closed Thread