Princess Máxima, Current Events 2 (May - October 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you everyone. :) I didn't want to sound preachy, but when I read a comment about some princess (or some female public figure) needing to lose a few pounds so that she'll look better in her clothes, or alternatively that because she's got a few pounds on her then she must be pregnant, it feels very flippant to me considering the experience I've had with my friend.

I think that no matter how much Maxima weighs, whether she were 10 pounds less or 10 pounds more, she would still be the exuberant and smiling Maxima we all love. And that she would continue to represent causes like microfinance and she would continue to be a good wife and mom.

As a member and as an Administrator of this forum, I am willing to accept criticism and negative comments of royals. Nobody is perfect, including royals. And if any member wants to write that they dislike Maxima's outfit, or thinks she needs to work more, take fewer holidays, wear more Dutch designers, etc. I have no issue with such comments. Sometimes such comments are trivial, sometimes there is a ring of truth to them, and sometimes you can't believe them at all. But at least they aren't the kind of comments that can do serious harm. We are all able to read them, agree or disagree, and walk away from the forum without having felt like our self-image or that of Maxima has been adversly affected.

princess olga said:
yes thank goodness that if anything, the Dutch media have as far as I know, never resorted to being critical of any of the new-ish princesses' weight.

Yes, you're right. I never read something about it (well, maybe in some boulevard press, but I think you all know how we should think about them).

I totally agree with Alexandria. Not so long ago I went shopping with a friend and she almost started crying that she didn't fit into a size 38, but had to buy a jacket in 40 (sorry, don't know the US variants of sizes, but 36 and 38 is for small persons and 40 is the regular size, at least here in the Netherlands). I was quite surprised how somebody who looked so well could go crazy about a stupid size, but I guess that is what the media and people who follow their standards do to us nowadays. And that's a very very bad thing! :mad:

You couldn't have said it any better, Alexandria! I know how you feel; Those issues are very close to me, too. And it is very shallow and self-righteous for someone to say that Maxima would look better if she were thinner. That does not make a person. Personality, humbleness and morals make a person, which in Maxima's case, she possess all those qualitites and more. She's not one ounce overweight; she looks perfect and does not need to "worry" about her weight because there is nothing to worry about.

=) You go Maxima!!

Princess Máxima will unveil a statuette with her image at the museum Beelden aan Zee,Scheveningen on monday june 19th.The statuette will be part of the permanent portrait gallery of the museum.

Màxima in Scheveningen

Máxima today:) (from ANP)

Attachments

• 3202312.jpg
    3202312.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 250
Princess Máxima was incredible again,in red.:)

Argentinean born, Princess Maxima of Holland looks at a sculpture representing herself after it was unveiled at the Museum 'Beelden aan Zee' in The Hague/Scheveningen, the Netherlands, Monday June 19, 2006. The sculpture is made by sculptress Tony van der Vorst.

from AP

Attachments

• ap539f9ed9f5064551bcff12d9797befd6.jpg
    ap539f9ed9f5064551bcff12d9797befd6.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 274
  • ap1443b07215c48bb9c5f7805e63b7116.jpg
    ap1443b07215c48bb9c5f7805e63b7116.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 545
  • ap.57b778f3180349188e0bb3664d5a3b8b.jpg
    ap.57b778f3180349188e0bb3664d5a3b8b.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 519
  • capf302522e57cc48c19889fb60a59c138a.jpg
    capf302522e57cc48c19889fb60a59c138a.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 377
Stunning hat!
It reminds me a bit of Märtha Louise's Hat she wore for the Princes' of Asturias wedding.. :rolleyes:
But it looks much better on Maxima! :)

Maxima looked great, once again. She can pull off almost anything! Her hat is very original and so is her skirt, but somehow they really suit her! :)

What a hat! Looks wonderful on Maxima. Not so great what she was wearing though. So is the statue part of an exhibit?

Statue

Kelly said:
What a hat! Looks wonderful on Maxima. Not so great what she was wearing though. So is the statue part of an exhibit?

The statue was made especially for the Museum Beelden aan Zee (Statues at the Sea). They asked the artist to make it and it will be part of the collection of the museum.

The hat seems a rather typical Fabienne Delvigne design, it reminds me of the hat Laurentien wore at Amalia's christening. I must say the sculpture doesnt really resemble Maxima IMO.

foto6.JPG

More at my website :)

Like the top, love the skirt, love the color red, but I don't they go together. They look like different shades of red. I also don't think they go together well style-wise, there's too much going on between the pleats in the top and sleeves and the heavy flounces of the skirt. I also don't like the hat, but I admit I prefer more traditional styles. I do think she looks great in red, as always.

I also think her hair and makeup look fantastic. And i like the fun earrings, too.

I really don't like the statue: it looks so lifeless, esp with the laughing, lively, colorful princess herself in the picture.

ap3 said:
Like the top, love the skirt, love the color red, but I don't they go together. They look like different shades of red. I also don't think they go together well style-wise, there's too much going on between the pleats in the top and sleeves and the heavy flounces of the skirt. I also don't like the hat, but I admit I prefer more traditional styles. I do think she looks great in red, as always.

I also think her hair and makeup look fantastic. And i like the fun earrings, too.

I really don't like the statue: it looks so lifeless, esp with the laughing, lively, colorful princess herself in the picture.

About the statue, the most beautiful thing of Máxima is the expression on her face by her eyes, and the eyes are just dark... So im agree about it the statue that it is liveless.

xxPatrickxx said:
More at my website :)
PATRICK YOU ARE SO LUCKY! GOT TO SEE MAXIMA IN PERSON SO MANY TIMES!!!! GOOD 4 YOU! KEEP SHARING WITH US YOUR FANTASTIC PICTURES.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't CP Maxima get tired? Indonesia, Mongolia? and now back and up again? I've read that they are leaving tomorow to Belgium and Wednesday they will be in Germany! WOW

Maxima looks very good today, i love her hat :D

Patrick van Katwijik,
I am so impressed with your photography. This picture of Maxima is different than any other I've seen, you manage to capture her personality in ways most candid paparazzi shots don't. You have a special talent. I'd love to hear more about you experiences photgraphing members of the royal family.

Princess Emma said:
Doesn't CP Maxima get tired? Indonesia, Mongolia? and now back and up again? I've read that they are leaving tomorow to Belgium and Wednesday they will be in Germany! WOW

I see your point and you're right in that the Dutch crown princely couple has had a pretty tight schedule of late. Good for them, and good for the Dutch, the people they are lucky to represent.

All the same, frankly, if someone decided to give me $50,000+ per MONTH to travel the world to rub shoulders with kings and presidents and soccer players and ride horses in exotic places as a means to promote a small, quirky country, I'd sign up in a heartbeat & take the occasional tiredness and jet lag for granted.

Heidi P. said:
Patrick van Katwijik,
I am so impressed with your photography. This picture of Maxima is different than any other I've seen, you manage to capture her personality in ways most candid paparazzi shots don't.
AND, it has to be said, in ways the new sculpture doesn't manage either! Although admittedly, producing a decent sculpture in itself is already no mean feat, let alone capturing the essence of an anything-but-placid, LIVING character such as Maxima. That's a completely tricky thing, and frankly I am not surprised that this particular attempt is getting mixed reviews.

I for one <do> think it does resemble the princess well, but I agree that particular, unique 'Maxima spark' is decidedly absent...normal for a statue, you could argue. This is why I'm more in favor of waiting with those kinds of portrait statues until a person's passed on. That way, the statue has less of a hardship 'competing' with the image of the living subject..:)

I think due to the overexposure from Maxima after her trip to Mongolie there is not much attention for the unveil of her statue. And just at this time she is really packing out with her clothes. You should say such a skirt is meant to be for a cocktail party. Shame there are no pictures of her full body. She looks so pretty this time. Only Patrick has a few pictures of her, but his logo is so disturbing. Above all I missed the NOS journal with an item about it and I can't see it on the computer because the viewprogramm didn't work.
SO IF ANYBODY HAS NICE PHOTO'S OF HER IN THIS OUTFIT WITH HER COMPLETE POSTURE. PLEASE POST THEM. I WILL BE VERY VERY GRATEFULL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom