The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 05-18-2006, 10:45 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmieLou
I think she comes across more mature, the way she dresses etc and probably her skin has aged due to too much sun.

I too was a little shocked when i first found out her age, I think she could pass for late 30's.
Delurking to chime in...

I am the same age and about the same weight/figure as Maxima (might be why she's a favorite!) but I think I look substantially younger than she does. I don't think it's her clothing, per se, a lot of the CPs wear similar clothing. But I think she was a 'sun goddess' in her youth, as a lot of our generation were. Tanning beds, time baking by the pool and at the beach, trying to see how dark a tan we can get. I think she simply has sun damage and that is what we're seeing as 'aged.'

OK, going to crawl back under my rock now. I just wanted to chime in, because I see so many of my contemporaries looking exactly the same way (my sister in laws skin is almost identical to Maximas).
__________________

__________________
  #62  
Old 05-18-2006, 03:03 PM
Orianna's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: -, United States
Posts: 30
Wink Website of Pallarols

I just just taking a look at this website. The English site is being updated but nice photos in the Spanish website.
http://www.pallarols.com.ar/clientes_perso_maxima.htm

http://www.pallarols.com.ar/clientes_perso_maxima2.htm
__________________

__________________
  #63  
Old 05-18-2006, 03:23 PM
Orianna's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: -, United States
Posts: 30
Talking

I meant I was just looking at that webiste!
Sorry I am working here (or trying ), listening to the radio and writing this message!.
__________________
  #64  
Old 05-18-2006, 04:47 PM
xxPatrickxx's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 391
a pic of thuesday, more on my own picture site

__________________
http://www.patrickvankatwijk.nl
  #65  
Old 05-18-2006, 04:55 PM
Amber26's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 64
Beutiful picture Patrick; can you post one without mark??
__________________
  #66  
Old 05-18-2006, 04:58 PM
Kelly's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 1,106
Thanks for that great picture!
__________________
  #67  
Old 05-18-2006, 07:20 PM
Orianna's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: -, United States
Posts: 30
Exclamation Nice site!

Wonderful site Patrick! Thanks for providing us the link.
__________________
  #68  
Old 05-18-2006, 07:25 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ., United States
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPatrickxx
a pic of thuesday, more on my own picture site
Thank you xxPat. I love the dress but with each photo I see of her I become more and more suspiscious about her true age. I have never seen a 35 year old with deep creases in her forehead like that.

I believe she is lying about her age and hasn't been found out yet, and if she is I think I may just like her even more! Anyway, does anybody know how she spent her birthday?
__________________
  #69  
Old 05-19-2006, 02:11 AM
AquaMarine's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Almaty, Kazakhstan
Posts: 237
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreDoc
Thank you xxPat. I love the dress but with each photo I see of her I become more and more suspiscious about her true age. I have never seen a 35 year old with deep creases in her forehead like that.

I believe she is lying about her age and hasn't been found out yet, and if she is I think I may just like her even more! Anyway, does anybody know how she spent her birthday?
I think this is just a woman type. These women get the first wrinkle in their thirtheen, the new ones in twenty, but look younger in their fifty...I would prefer to be a wrinkled princess with cheerful and sunny smile than gloomy charwoman with no one wrinle :)
__________________
"Sometimes we should leave it to God"
  #70  
Old 05-19-2006, 02:41 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ., United States
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMarine
I think this is just a woman type. These women get the first wrinkle in their thirtheen, the new ones in twenty, but look younger in their fifty...I would prefer to be a wrinkled princess with cheerful and sunny smile than gloomy charwoman with no one wrinle :)
I guess you are talking about the women who married royal heirs in Spain, Norway and Denmark and I agree with you about them, but I meant no disrespect towards Maxima ... I love her attitude and style and I have said before that she is the most secure Crown Princess (well, after Camilla) because her husband loves her. In too many other cases it seems the Crown Princess loves the combination to the bank vault instead of the actual Prince. I did not mean to be vague, sorry.
__________________
  #71  
Old 05-19-2006, 04:41 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,224
According to television the princess spend her brithday at home, without any argentinian relatives present. Though she probably had many dutch friends/relatives drop by for a visit.

On the last picture (posted by Patrick) it seems that she has a rather wrinkled forehead indeed. But somehow it is a bit comforting for all of us that she is not the perfect woman (in appearance) but she can look more dashing then any other (at times) & outshine them all, with her electrifying smile and positive energy. I agree with you PreDoc, the affection/love between WA and Maxima seems to be there...all the time. I notice (on camera) that they still shine when they look at each other & they always seem to be able to make fun together.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #72  
Old 05-19-2006, 07:32 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kolding, Denmark
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreDoc
I guess you are talking about the women who married royal heirs in Spain, Norway and Denmark and I agree with you about them, but I meant no disrespect towards Maxima ... I love her attitude and style and I have said before that she is the most secure Crown Princess (well, after Camilla) because her husband loves her. In too many other cases it seems the Crown Princess loves the combination to the bank vault instead of the actual Prince. I did not mean to be vague, sorry.
Maxima married into one of the wealthiest RFs in Europe. So if you think(I don't) everything revolves arround money, then Maxima is the one that has a lot to smile and be happy about. If you are talking about the scandinivian crown princesses I can say that the Danish and the Norweigan Crown princesses married into some of the poorest RFs. Appart from what they get from thier governments, they do not have any significant private fortune to write home about. So your "bank vault" argument is not very strong. btw what a stupid assumption to say that Maxima lied about her age
__________________
  #73  
Old 05-19-2006, 08:00 AM
sm1939's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreDoc
I guess you are talking about the women who married royal heirs in Spain, Norway and Denmark and I agree with you about them, but I meant no disrespect towards Maxima ... I love her attitude and style and I have said before that she is the most secure Crown Princess (well, after Camilla) because her husband loves her. In too many other cases it seems the Crown Princess loves the combination to the bank vault instead of the actual Prince. I did not mean to be vague, sorry.
why is Maxima the most secure Crown Princess ??? " because her husband loves her" .................... so does all the other Crown Prince's ... haakon , Prince Fredrick have they just married because they had too???? dont think so !!
and that bit about " Combination to the bank Vault Instead of the actual Prince " is just plain silly.
__________________
  #74  
Old 05-19-2006, 09:11 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromEU
Maxima married into one of the wealthiest RFs in Europe. So if you think(I don't) everything revolves arround money, then Maxima is the one that has a lot to smile and be happy about. If you are talking about the scandinivian crown princesses I can say that the Danish and the Norweigan Crown princesses married into some of the poorest RFs. Appart from what they get from thier governments, they do not have any significant private fortune to write home about. So your "bank vault" argument is not very strong. btw what a stupid assumption to say that Maxima lied about her age
The wealth of the house of Orange is not known. Sources around the court recently said that the Queen does not even own a million euros while Edwin de Roy van Zuydewijn says they own 7 billion. Forbes estimates the RF at 220 million euros, but the late prince Bernhard told a magazine: Trix heeft niks (Trix has nothing), in relation to her capital.
Personally I think that, although the RF aren't beggars, they sure are not as rich as even Forbes suggests, as they live quite modestly and do not aquire anything anymore (houses/ jewels etc), instead they are selling the villa in Italy of Juliana and Bernhard for example.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #75  
Old 05-19-2006, 09:40 AM
Orianna's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: -, United States
Posts: 30
Lying about her age???

Lying about her age? Thats absurd!
I saw a scanned picture of her Argentinian id, dni (documento nacional de identidad) ... with the id number and complete date of her birthday.
And She is Maxima Zorreguieta just like that, not a middle name.

She has some wrinkles but she is smiling, besides she has reasons to be happy. I read her friends and family at the wedding were feeling like they were in a dream. She might feel like this everyday. She loves her daughters, husband, nice position, travels. Maybe She needs to pinch herself to feel all this is real.
I read in a magazine, since a kid she felt amazed for everything was foreign.
She travels to many countries around the world for a reason not just to take a picture and being a simple tourist.
She can reach much more people from where she is now. She works in topics she is interested plus I believe she has a great team of assistants.
She has many reasons to smile plus her personality is carefree, friendly and spontaneous.

My sister is 26 and she goes every week to the tanning bed, believe me, when i see her smile, i see some wrinkles in her fronthead and she is only 26!.
__________________
  #76  
Old 05-19-2006, 09:50 AM
Orianna's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: -, United States
Posts: 30
Her family had and hass money, she has grown up into wealth, of course not in a way like the Dutch Royal family.
But what I mean is not that she woke up and she became wealth, so in a way she is used to it.
I think she is a person who likes to work hard. She showed that in New York, in Belgium and The Netherlands. And I think W-A is not stupid man, he can tell the one who is next to him is real or fake.

Oh take a look at her school website!. She is class 1988 at 17 years old with her best friend Samantha Dean.

go to alumni, former pupils, class 1988. You can see all her classmates.

http://northlands.org.ar/home.htm
__________________
  #77  
Old 05-19-2006, 09:57 AM
Orianna's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: -, United States
Posts: 30
Sorry but i disagree!
Being secure is a feeling born in yourself, not because someone else loves you. She is far intelligent and she proves that everytime in her speeches and public acts. A person who is happy with himself and intelligent is very secure to me.
It has nothing to do with wealth or beauty. I have met some beautiful women who were the most insecure people.

Readind the comments of some local politicians. It seems Maxima is full of class that make her really beautiful.
__________________
  #78  
Old 05-19-2006, 10:13 AM
Kelly's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 1,106
I totally agree with Orianna. Maxima is the most secure princess I have seen thus far. By this I mean that she seems to enjoy what she does with charisma and intelligence. Not to say in the least that the other crown princess don't, they just all have their own style. The fact that anyone can see that her prince loves her is not secret. He shows it with such confidence. But sm1939 I respect your opinion as well.
__________________
  #79  
Old 05-19-2006, 11:11 AM
sm1939's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 996
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
I totally agree with Orianna. Maxima is the most secure princess I have seen thus far. By this I mean that she seems to enjoy what she does with charisma and intelligence. Not to say in the least that the other crown princess don't, they just all have their own style. The fact that anyone can see that her prince loves her is not secret. He shows it with such confidence. But sm1939 I respect your opinion as well.
I agree that her husband does show his love for her, but I meant that all the other crown Prince's show there love for there wifes , as well , thats all.
__________________
  #80  
Old 05-19-2006, 11:16 AM
Kelly's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 1,106
Didn't Maxima attend an event with Prince Willem yesterday?
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 5: May - October 2006 Anna_R Current Events Archive 190 10-06-2006 02:23 PM
Princess Caroline & Prince Ernst August Current Events 12 : March 2006 - May 2006 Elspeth Current Events Archive 187 05-14-2006 03:27 PM
Princess Stephanie Current Events 7 : Feb.2006 - May 2006 Ennyllorac Current Events Archive 138 05-12-2006 06:40 PM
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 4: May 2005 - May 2006 Mandy Current Events Archive 402 05-11-2006 03:18 PM
Princess Máxima, Current Events 1 (October 2005 - May 2006) HMQueenElizabethII Current Events Archive 374 05-05-2006 10:29 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena jordan kate middleton king abdullah ii king albert ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympics ottoman picture of the month poland pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince laurent prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:29 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]