Princess Máxima, Current Events 2 (May - October 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Máxima was in Argentina last weekend

princess leonor said:
I love the way Maxima is always smiling. SHe looks good with this new pregnancy. Can't wait to see the newborn. Mirjamdevriend, can you tell me what ATR is and where I can find these pictures of Maxima in Argentina? Were the girls with her?

Máxima went alone to the wedding.
The webaddress for the ATR messageboard is: http://www.allthingsroyal.nl You have to be a member and log in to see the pictures.

Thank you amina1!
Actually does anybody know why she went alone? :neutral:

I was wondering about that to! If it was really the wedding of one of her halfsisters I would have expected the rest of the family to join in as well.

The PoO stayed in The Netherlands due to other engagements, the parents obviously decided that it was better for the children to stay at home to.

If the PoO had other prior commitments I can only sympathize they opted to leave the kids at home. Too much fuss otherwise.

On a different note, Maxima looks terrific, almost like her old girl-y self, what's up with that?! Also, I have in the past seen pictures of half sisters Dolores (diminutive brunette with similar eyes), and Angeles (who Maxima more resembles than anyone, the resemblance made me do a double take at the time)..but Maria? Know next to nothing about her. Anyone know more about her and this mysterious wedding?

Princess Máxima can buy again at Graciela Naum couture house

I stumbled over this article in today's online 'De Volkskrant'.
A summary by me:

MÁXIMA CAN SHOP AGAIN AT GRACIELA NAUM COUTURE HOUSE

By our reporter Daan van Seventer

AMSTERDAM - Princess Máxima can shop again with a clean conscience at the Argentinean couture house Graciela Naum, one of her favorite clothing designers. After accusations in the Argentinean press last April, that Graciela Naum placed orders for the fabrication of clothing in illegal studios, Princess Máxima wrote a letter to let her know that she would suspend all her purchases 'until the circumstances of the employees have been improved'.

Princess Máxima was a prominent client of the couture house, that advertised with the Princess on their website and with a photograph of her in their etalage. Just after the 'buy-boycot' by Princess Máxima, mr. Pierre Hupperts (a former director of The Body Shop and an advisor in 'sustainable entrepreneurship') was in Argentina to promote the Spanish translation of his book about sustainable entrepreneurship. The criticized couturière asked the old-director of The Body Shop and old-campaign leader for Novib/Oxfam to advice her on her damaged image.

"It is quite simple", so told mr. Hupperts Graciela Naum: "Say to everyone: no, I do not want this. Everything, all your suppliers, must be clean and legal". At first instance Graciela Naum did not took over this well-meant advice, but finally she became convinced. "In the beginning she stated: 'I have done nothing wrong' and that was true: in hér atelier, where she does the finishing touch on her haute couture all was correct and in order indeed. But it was all about her suppliers."

"You often see that reaction when an atelier is confronted with accusations of abuse." so said mr. Hupperts. "My advice is always: clean up the mess, for sure when there is a major damage of your imago. Everybody in Argentina knows Princess Máxima. And everybody knows Graciela Naum."

Now mr. Hupperts checks the working conditions in the studios of all the suppliers to Graciela Naum, together with a counselor who can give advice to the suppliers. Mr. Hupperts wants to say nothing about the outcome of the first controls but he expects a serious competition to get the studios on order again. "Latin-America is not yet that far as the Netherlands. In our country 'sustainability' sounds chique. But the fabricage of social- and environment-friendly clothing dóes cost money."
It is not yet known if Princess Máxima will really stand on Graciela Naum's doorstep again. The Rijksvoorlichtingsdienst (Government Information Service) stated: 'Princess Máxima acquires her clothing by various couture houses. By a possible new purchase at the couture house Graciela Naum, the Princess will let herself be informed about the developments and improvements in the working conditions.'

Source: http://www.volkskrant.nl/binnenland/article344492.ece/Maxima_kan_weer_shoppen_bij_modehuis_Graciela_Naum

maxima3.jpg

Source picture: Seeger Press

Last edited:
I agree with you rominet. Its very sweet picture of lovely mom and of lovely princess :flowers:

dsc
'

dsc
'

Princess Máxima today, 11 october, in Basel for an speech at the conference of the Financial Stability Institute .

Máxima at Maria's wedding

Martín, Inés and Jorge Zorreguieta

(gente magazine)

Out of the blue... she travels to Argentina every season (summer, autumn, winter and spring) I think. And when there is something special to do (a wedding or so).

Members of the Royal House can use the planes of the royal flight for a certain amount of hours at the cost of the State. But also KLM Royal Dutch Airlines does have a special arrangement for flights with members of the Royal House.

You can actually see a little of her bump with that skirt she is wearing. She does look tired though.

thanksss lucien!!!
Maxima is very beautiful and very happy !!!

Maxima looks wonderful, I love her coat and earrings...
but you can also see, that she looks tired :)

Beautiful coat that she has on! Thanks for the pictures.

Yes,:lol: becouse this time she was in Amsterdam (home) not in Basel:ROFLMAO:

She looks fantastic! Love the outfit. And I love her little baby belly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom