Princess Máxima, Current Events 1 (October 2005 - May 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Máxima looked absolutely fabulous in that tweed suit today! Great subject of interest as well, these are important issues which needs a lot of attention.

Princess Maxima's speech from the event on March 17 (HRH Princess Maxima opens on march 17th at the university of utrecht with a speech the last day of the utrechtse studentsproject humanrights and migration.) from http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/

Beste leerlingen, wetenschappers en gasten,
Ladies and Gentlemen, Scientists and Guests,
Ik sta hier vandaag met veel genoegen voor u namens het Curatorium van de Prins Claus Leerstoel. Prins Claus was zeer betrokken bij vraagstukken rondom Development and Equity, je zou in het Nederlands zeggen: gelijke ontwikkelingskansen. Hij vroeg aandacht voor de verdeling van welvaart in de wereld. Hij bracht mensen bij elkaar en inspireerde velen. Hij had daarbij oog voor het behoud van de menselijke waardigheid. Daarom pleitte hij voor een open blik naar de wereld. Het doel van de Prins Claus Leerstoel is om het gedachtegoed van Prins Claus door wetenschappelijk onderzoek en onderwijs te laten voortleven.
Prins Claus heeft ooit gezegd: “Vrijheid van meningsuiting is een essentieel element in elke vorm van democratie en daarom een voorwaarde voor ontwikkeling”. Zoals jullie weten is vrijheid van meningsuiting een van de fundamentele en bekendste mensenrechten, en over mensenrechten gaan we het vandaag hebben. Hier zullen we ons concentreren op een ander, maar heel belangrijk en actueel onderwerp: migratie en mensenrechten. Dit is het vakgebied van Professor Rivera Salgado, die dit jaar de houder is van de Prins Claus Leerstoel.
De onderwerpen waarmee Professor Rivera Salgado zich bezighoudt, kunnen gemakkelijk worden vertaald naar de situatie van ieder van ons, en dus ook naar de situatie van jullie, de leerlingen. Het is belangrijk dat jonge mensen zich ervan bewust zijn dat het thema van mensenrechten en migratie ook dicht bij huis speelt. Meestal gaat het dan over zaken die zich ver weg afspelen. Vandaag gaat het juist ook over de gevallen dichtbij: op school, in de wijk of in de stad. Hoe kijken jullie, de leerlingen van de middelbare scholen, aan tegen mensenrechten en migratie? Wat maken jullie hiervan mee?
Ik ben daarom blij dat jullie vandaag met het thema aan de slag gaan, als afsluiting van jullie voorbereiding op school. Het gaat er niet om wie gelijk heeft of gelijk krijgt. Het gaat om de dialoog, perceptie, het elkaar begrijpen, het besef van wat er allemaal meespeelt. Niet uitgaan van vooroordelen of vooronderstellingen, maar echt luisteren naar elkaar.
Ik dank de wetenschappers dat zij bereid zijn hier vandaag te luisteren naar wat de leerlingen te vertellen hebben. Deze leerlingen zijn immers misschien de wetenschappers van de toekomst.
Veel mensen en organisaties hebben ervoor gezorgd dat deze dag kon plaatsvinden. Ik wil hen daarvoor graag hartelijk bedanken.
And now I invite you all to listen to professor Gaspar Rivera-Salgado. I wish you all a lot of success today.

Could anyone translate that? She looks fabulous as always! Love her outfit!

i also like her outfit so so much! the tweed jacket is lovely.
it's nice to see that maxima gets along with young people so well, it was a really happy event. the lovely detail of remembering prince claus was great as well, he was such a great man.

Very good choise for today, I Love the jacket! It's very elegant.

Máxima seems always so genuine!!

She looks great today, soo much better than the visit to the museum with Marilene. The only thing that I liked about the museum visit wore the coats both ladies wore.

Today Máxima looked great from head to toe.

Some images from seeger

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00156750.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00156750.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 191
  • pre-SEEGER00156755.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00156755.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 161
  • pre-SEEGER00156756.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00156756.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 220
  • pre-SEEGER00156757.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00156757.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 216
  • pre-SEEGER00156763.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00156763.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 154
  • pre-SEEGER00156764.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00156764.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 137
  • pre-SEEGER00156747.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00156747.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 199
Actually I think the black outfit she wore at the museum was beautiful, it somehow made her fit in with the paintings, like Rembrandt's Nachtwacht. I also liked the hat and shoes, the whole outfit was something for a young person, that she is after all :)

What she wore at the university was very apropriate for the occasion but this kind of conservative outfit easily looks boring on Máxima IMO.

What does that mean sriwadee? Did Maxima inherit something from someone or is that a apartment she owns??? Or is she owed something from the NY government?? Would that Maxima Zorreguieta be Crown Princess Maxima or is, by chance, someone else out there called Maxima Zorreguieta???

Hi Sriwadee- What exactly is this about and how did you come across the claim form? Just wondering.

Same Question here. That was a really random post, why did you post it. Is it real.

Maxima seems to have such a bubbly, fun personality. I like her. :)

Kelly said:
Could anyone translate that? She looks fabulous as always! Love her outfit!

If you cut and paste the text into www.freetranslation.com you get a rough translation. Not 100% correct, but you get the meaning quite good.

Hi Jolanda- Wow, it seems like you were quite close to the Princess. Lucky girl. Can you tell us abit more about the event. Thanks.

Kelly said:
Could anyone translate that?
voila! This is a rough translation I put together in about 15 minutes, but it does convey the general concepts.

-----

I stand here today with great pleasure in the name of the curatorium of the prince Claus chair. Prince Claus was deeply interested in “development and equity issues” in Dutch you would call these “ontwikkelingskansen” (opportunities for development.) He sought to bring attention to the distribution of wealth in the world. He brought people together and inspired many. He had an eye for human dignity. That is why he asked everyone to look honestly at the world. The goal of the Prince Claus chair is allow Prince Claus’s ideas to live on through study and education.

Prince Claus once said, “Freedom of expression is an essential element of every form of democracy and necessary for development.” As you all know, freedom of expression is one of the most fundamental and best known human rights. And human rights are what we are talking about today. Here we are going to concentrate on a different but also very important and current topic: migration and human rights. This is the specialty of Professor Rivera Salgado who holds the prince Claus chair this year. The fields in which Professor Salgado works are applicable to all our lives and thus also to yours, the students.

It is important that young people know the issue of migration and human rights has relevance to their day to day lives. Usually we talk about this as something that goes on far away, but today we are talking about cases close to home: in school, in your neighborhood, and in the city. How do you students think about migration and human rights? What do you think of it?

I am very happy that you will be working on this issue today. This is not about getting the right answer. This is about dialogue, perception, understanding each other and being aware of what is going on. Not starting with presumptions and judgments but just listening to each other.

I want to thank the professors here today for being ready to listen to what the students have to say. These students may well be the professors of tomorrow.
Many different people and organizations worked to make today possible. I would like to thank them for that.

I now invite you to listen to Gaspar Rivera-Salgado. I wish you all much success today.

pollyemma said:
voila! This is a rough translation I put together in about 15 minutes, but it does convey the general concepts.

Thank you so much, Pollyemma. :)

One of My pictures

Attachments

• máxima utrecht.jpg
    máxima utrecht.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 208
You got pretty close to her, Patrick! Or your camera has a pretty good zoom. :D I agree that she looks fantastic, but I could do without the huge ring. She seems like such a happy person; it's all in the smile. :)

soCal girl said:
You got pretty close to her, Patrick! Or your camera has a pretty good zoom. :D I agree that she looks fantastic, but I could do without the huge ring. She seems like such a happy person; it's all in the smile. :)
Both... I was very close to her but for moments when she is not close to me I have a huge Zoom...
But this time the said Again Hi to me and made a 'Knipoog' (don't know the English word, I guess something like Wink Eye )

I like the big ring! and the big bracelet and earrings. I think they add glitter, fun and youthfulness to what could become a boring outfit (tweed jacket, solid skirt - though suede?). (I also just like jewelry, so I'm biased towards wearing it.)

Very pretty and flattering color and cut.

Nice shoes. I'd like to see her in really high heels, I think it would slim her legs.

Gisela said:
Hi Jolanda- Wow, it seems like you were quite close to the Princess. Lucky girl. Can you tell us abit more about the event. Thanks.

shure, i was there with other royalty wathchers like patrick and marian to make beautyfull pictures of her. It was a little cold so i whore warm mittens to keep warm and the funniest thing happend , she looked at patrick like "i know you but i don't know from where!" Patrick asked he "do you know me?"and she walked away but looked again at patrick! He had a smile from ear -to - ear!:D :D :D :D :rolleyes: :p :p

several close-ups photos of Princess Maxima in Utrecht (from ANP)

Attachments

• 2545824.jpg
    2545824.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 162
  • 2545821.jpg
    2545821.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 154
  • 2545819.jpg
    2545819.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 163
  • 2545815.jpg
    2545815.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 163
  • 2545810.jpg
    2545810.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 135
  • 2545812.jpg
    2545812.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 162
  • 2545808.jpg
    2545808.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 148
  • 2545831.jpg
    2545831.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 160
  • 2545829.jpg
    2545829.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 192
  • 2545827.jpg
    2545827.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Princess Maxima of the Netherlands arrives to launch 'Showdown', a World Down Syndrome Awareness Day on March 21, 2006 in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. The 21st day of the 3rd month symbolises the three-fold presence of the 21st chromosome being the cause of Down Syndrome. The organisers' objective is to highlight the positive aspects of Down Syndrome world wide.

Photos from Getty images

Attachments

• 57145842.jpg
    57145842.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 155
  • 57145840.jpg
    57145840.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 161
  • 57145838.jpg
    57145838.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 230
  • 57145845.jpg