Princess Máxima, Current Events 1 (October 2005 - May 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's pretty cool that Maxima is going to be a godmother to little Sverre! I was hoping that she would be godmother of one of the newborn babies. :) I'm looking forward to saturday too, I'm also quite curious what she will wear (though it'll probably very interesting, as usual).

the princess is in rotterdam on the 21 of march on behalve of children and elderly with the down syndrom, hopefully i can be there to make beautyfull pictures!!

Any pictures from that?

Princess Máxima will become first "Friend" of Rijksmuseum (the national Museum) on 15 March 2006
Her Royal Highness Princess Máxima of the the Netherlands becomes Friend of the national Museum, on Wednesday 15 March.

more information here : http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=14375
(can someone please translate?)

ps. which rijksmuseum is this? amsterdam?

On a similar note, Princess Marilene was also appointed Friend of Rijksmuseum of Amsterdam, pictures here

The Rijksmuseum is the largest museum of the country, located in Amsterdam where the Nachtwacht/ Nightwatch of Rembrandt is exhibited. The museum is renovated completely now, which will take quite some years.

purple_platinum said:
Princess Máxima will become first "Friend" of Rijksmuseum (the national Museum) on 15 March 2006
Her Royal Highness Princess Máxima of the the Netherlands becomes Friend of the national Museum, on Wednesday 15 March.

more information here : http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=14375
(can someone please translate?)

ps. which rijksmuseum is this? amsterdam?

On a similar note, Princess Marilene was also appointed Friend of Rijksmuseum of Amsterdam, pictures here
Yes, there's only one museum that's called the Rijksmuseum and you can find it in Amsterdam.

Here's a provisory translation of the press communique:

HRH Princces Maxima will be appointed as a Friend of the Rijkmuseum, the 15th of March.
In front of the 'Nachtwacht' made by Rembrandt, she will the first person to receive the 'Vriendenpas' (a card people get when they decide to become a friend of the Rijksmuseum) from chairman Ronald de Leeuw. The museum will start a new tradition with this: a club which is called 'Friends of the Rijksmuseum'.

The rest of the communique is about how you can become a Friend of the Rijksmuseum, what the prizes are and what advantages/discounts you get when you decide to become a friend. (I'm just lazy, I don't like translating, I'm really not good at it ;))

I read this in another thread and just wanted to confirm: Maxima was made a princess in her own right so if her marriage should ever dissolve, she would still have a title of her own?

So if WA and Maxima should ever divorce (I love the couple....this is ONLY a hypothetical situation :)) what would be her official title?

soCal girl said:
I read this in another thread and just wanted to confirm: Maxima was made a princess in her own right so if her marriage should ever dissolve, she would still have a title of her own?

So if WA and Maxima should ever divorce (I love the couple....this is ONLY a hypothetical situation :)) what would be her official title?

I think it is like Princess Alexandra of Denmark and Princess Diana of Wales. After their divorce they still retain their titles, unless they remarry which would be in the case of P. Alexandra. For P. Diana I think she would still retain her princess title but not of wales. By the way how did she become a princess by her own right? wouldn't she had to be part of the nobility?

Yes, Maxima was made HRH Princess MAxima of the Netherlands by Queen Beatrix before her marriage to WA, so in the event of a divorce, she would still be a princess in her own right, which I think is quite fair because she is the mother of the future Queen!!

Princess Alexandra (and Princess Diana) isn't a princess in her own right. I think it's a courtesy title. Alexandra is Countess of Frederiksborg in her own right. I meant that if there should ever be a divorce, Maxima would a princess but not only because of her marriage. I think this happened before WA and Maxima even got married.

EDIT: Thanks JessRulz; I think we posted at the same time. :D

Maxima would only be HRH Princess Maxima of the Netherlands (and not of Orange, right? The Princess of Orange title would still be open should WA ever remarry?)

Yes, I think it's very fair being the mother of a future Queen, besides she also works very hard.

No worries soCal_girl!!!

What's a minute's difference between posters? :D
And you are right, if Maxima and WA divorce, the title of Princess of Orange would be stripped from Maxima and, if WA remarried, his wife would get it. Unless something like the whole Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall thing happened, and I believe that the 2nd wife would be refered to as a different title, because the Netherlands public appears to love Maxima to bits!!!!

the same was said about princess alexandra of denmark. when she divorced joachim, she didn't only lose the title of princess (she only got the hh instead of hrh), and she even gained one title given by queen margrethe of countess of frederiksborg. you never know what will happen until it happens :) however, i think the dutch pre-nups compared to the danish ones are different, in the dutch ones you lose your titles as jessrulz said.

i didn't know that maxima was made princess before the marriage. what a nice gesture from queen beatrix. is it allowed and normal in the netherlands that the queen gives titles? (i suppose it's allowed but not common...) i would love if in case of divorce maxima (or any of beatrix's daughters in law, laurentien or mabel - i doubt so in the last case, since friso was taken out of the royal family because of his marriage to mabel wisse... it would be strange if the queen gave her a title in case they divorce) got a title as alexandra... :) which one would it be? countess of wassenar, maybe? :p

here are the events that maxima will attend in the next days, taken from koninklijkhuis.nl...

Last edited:
hi the Watcher ! long time no see ! what's up with the princess Maxima MB ?
thanks for posting the pics :)

I have moved the latest images of Maxima and Marilene attending the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam together to this thread, which is dedicated to events with various members of the royal family together as is the case here.

Alexandria
Dutch Forum Moderator

princess maxima

Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Máxima opent vrijdag 17 maart aan de Universiteit Utrecht met een toespraak de slotdag van het Utrechtse scholierenproject Mensenrechten en Migratie.

HRH Princess Maxima opens on march 17th at the university of utrecht with a speech the last day of the utrechtse studentsproject humanrights and migration. She will arrive at 09.50 uur and leave at 12.00 uur local time.

My twinsister is going to be there to make beautiful pictures from the princess.:D :D :D :D

Last edited:
dutch royal said:
HRH Princess Maxima opens on march 17th at the university of utrecht with a speech the last day of the utrechtse studentsproject humanrights and migration. She will arrive at 09.50 uur and leave at 12.00 uur local time.

UTRECHT - Princess Maxima is present on Friday at the Utrecht University during the slotdag of the students project 'human Rights and Migration'.

from ANP PHOTO/ BENELUX PRESS/ ROBIN UTRECHT

Attachments

• 2505671.jpg
    2505671.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 169
  • 2505679.jpg
    2505679.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 196
  • 2505685.jpg
    2505685.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 235
  • 2505695.jpg
    2505695.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 155
  • 2505864.jpg
    2505864.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 174
  • 2505874.jpg
    2505874.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 151
  • 2505876.jpg
    2505876.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 149
  • 2505889.jpg
    2505889.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 179
  • 2505664.jpg
    2505664.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 184
I have to say, love the outfit! The colour of the skirt is very nice and I'm always a great fan of tweed-like fabrics.

more from ANP

Attachments

• 2506145.jpg
    2506145.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 230
  • 2506183.jpg
    2506183.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 162
  • 2506163.jpg
    2506163.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 178
  • 2506161.jpg
    2506161.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 243
  • 2506159.jpg
    2506159.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 157
  • 2506148.jpg
    2506148.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 206
  • 2506137.jpg
    2506137.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 194
  • 2506113.jpg
    2506113.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 173
  • 2506111.jpg
    2506111.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 136
Like always, so natural, so happy...I like the outfit very much, but the ring not, it's very big for me.

nayralorenzo said:
Like always, so natural, so happy...I like the outfit very much, but the ring not, it's very big for me.

I am with you. looooove the outfit. its beautifully made and looks good on her. the ring is definitely way too large, but maxima seems to go for things like that. must be her inner latina coming out. i do approve of the idea that your wedding and engagement rings are not the only rings for a royal lady to wear.

Maxima looks very, very good today.
She is the favorite princess from me. Thanks all the photos.

HRH Princess Maxima was this morning present at the final of the project of students of the University of Utrecht about Civil Right and Migration. The princess held a short speech were she remembered the activity of her late father in law Prince Claus who was als wery engaged with this subject.

from DPA (without watermark), Photos by Albert Nieboer

Attachments

• 084101_4.jpg
    084101_4.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 184
  • 084401_4.jpg
    084401_4.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 205
  • 090301_4.jpg
    090301_4.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 177
  • 090501_4.jpg