Princess Máxima, Current Events 1 (October 2005 - May 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
melissajames said:
Thank you very much for explaining. :)

Now I have learnt a bit more about the people of Argentina and their history too.

You are quite welcome, Latin America is like a very big country, we have a lot of things in common such as the language and other costums so I speak with some kind of "authority" about the story and development of other south american countries;)

crisiñaki said:
In Latin America there have been a lot of "race mixing" we all have european, black and native blood so our fenotype isn't unique, there are a lot of people with dark hair and skin but take me for example, I don't have any european ancestors until my great-grandparents and yet I'm blonde and very white, I have "black" friends, "native" friends but we all know we are product of a mix.

The thing in Europe is that older generation are mostly caucasian while inmigration will have the same effect it had in America but not as extreme as it was here.

Máxima is quite white but she's like everyone else here product of a mix, she doesn't look darker than europeans but her native blood is still there and she should feel proud as I do of her origins.

I've given my two cents here, any questions?:D :D :D

Thanks! She looked "white" to me, but I didn't know if the other poster was trying to say she was dark. I am aware that Latin Americans are a mix of many different cultures, which I think is very cool.

Since you said your family didn't have fair people until your great grandparents yet you turned out fair, I wonder if anyone in Maxima's family is darker than she is?

crisiñaki said:
In Latin America there have been a lot of "race mixing" we all have european, black and native blood so our fenotype isn't unique, there are a lot of people with dark hair and skin but take me for example, I don't have any european ancestors until my great-grandparents and yet I'm blonde and very white, I have "black" friends, "native" friends but we all know we are product of a mix.

The thing in Europe is that older generation are mostly caucasian while inmigration will have the same effect it had in America but not as extreme as it was here.

Máxima is quite white but she's like everyone else here product of a mix, she doesn't look darker than europeans but her native blood is still there and she should feel proud as I do of her origins.

I've given my two cents here, any questions?:D :D :D

You're right about the race mixing we have in Latin America. I was born in Buenos Aires, my parents emigrated from Japan to Argentina after the IIWW, so I have japanese blood but argentinian.

The Spanish magazine "Hola" indicates in its front page that there are rumors of abdication for WA and Maxima??? Has anyone heard that?

http://www.hola.com/

Roxsteve said:
The Spanish magazine "Hola" indicates in its front page that there are rumors of abdication for WA and Maxima??? Has anyone heard that?

Let me correct myself, would that be for the Queen, WA's mother? Perhaps she is thinking of stepping down?

Roxsteve said:

Maybe Beatrix would abdicate as Juliana and Wilhemina did but not now, she's not that old and still can rule for some years; besides, I think she'll let W-A and Maxima time to raise their children as she did.

Well, these rumours wil be going around for the next yeas I guess, untill the Queen actually abdicates. But the Royal Palace on Dam square is being restored (it will be used to sign the abdication), the castle Drakensteyn is being restored (probably the queen will live there after an eventual abdication), it is not sure if the PoO will prolongue his membership of the IOC for another 8 years (he promised the gouverment to give up the membership when he becmes king)... Add to that that Wilhelmina was 68 and Juliana 72 when they abdicated and Beatrix is now 68.
However I do not think Beatrix will abdicate before 2010, and if she wants she can stay on the throne for the rest of her life (which I do not expect btw).

Marengo said:
it is not sure if the PoO will prolongue his membership of the IOC for another 8 years (he promised the gouverment to give up the membership when he becmes king)...

Is there a reason why Willem promised to give up his IOC membership when he becomes king? Would being king somehow affect his membership within the IOC?

At the Benelux Royals MB I think I also read that there was some controversy with Willem's membership in the IOC due to comments he had made. I wondered what that was about.

Alexandria said:
Is there a reason why Willem promised to give up his IOC membership when he becomes king? Would being king somehow affect his membership within the IOC?

At the Benelux Royals MB I think I also read that there was some controversy with Willem's membership in the IOC due to comments he had made. I wondered what that was about.

I am not aware of what he said. But what causes some problems was that during the time the PoO became a member of the IOC there were some cases of corruption, so the gouverment and others didn't think it would be very wise for the heir to the throne to be compromised due to these scandals.

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=14150

Princess Máxima will visit ‘Holland Flowers Festival' on 22 February 2006

Her Royal Highness Princess Máxima of the Netherlands will visit "Holland Flowers Festival" at Wervershoof on wednesday noon, 22 February.

There are thousand tulips during the festival, that organized annually becomes,, lilies, hyacinten, pot and garden plant and other sierteeltproducten in a large aangelegde flowers garden to see.
The festival has every year someone else theme. This year is that ‘Sparkling Spring'. The flowers garden, designed through Robert Broekema, consists of six unbroken example gardens and is planted by different kwekers. The gardens form together an unity.
Next to the flowers garden, the visitor can visit the ‘Life and Leisure Fairly'. On this purse offers a number of exhibitors various products, demonstrations and workshops at in which the last developments in the sierteeltsector on the territory of technique and decoration are shown., .
The festival will open on 22 February of the evenings through minister Dr. C. pen Ferryman official opened and lasts till and with 28 February.
24 January 2006

although the hat is really not flattering, i loved the coat and hairdo. i think it makes her look a lot younger. (the more i see the hat, the less i like it) :(
lovely purse this time again. :)

she looks radiant as always, but the coat is not very flattering (it wasn't very flattering when she first wore in at the wedding of Prince Floris either). Maybe she should open the coiat a bit, like Marie-Chantal did with her version of it. The necklaces are a mess and the hair & hat.... She looks like a combination on an elderly schoolgirl/ Minny Mouse.

Marengo said:
she looks radiant as always, but the coat is not very flattering (it wasn't very flattering when she first wore in at the wedding of Prince Floris either). Maybe she should open the coiat a bit, like Marie-Chantal did with her version of it. The necklaces are a mess and the hair & hat.... She looks like a combination on an elderly schoolgirl/ Minny Mouse.

must admit I total agree with you about her out fit

When i first daw the "hat", i thought it was horrible...but now i like it!

she looks radiant, I like the hairdo, it's different but I don't like the necklace.

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
Her whole outfit is from Chanel. It's too much of everything IMO.

I would agree. The pearls earrings with the long dangling necklace. The bow/veil hat thingy. It was too much going on. This is an example were designer label meets fashion disaster.

From DPA...

Attachments

• 118601_5.jpg
    118601_5.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 236
  • 118001_5.jpg
    118001_5.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 208
  • 117501_5.jpg
    117501_5.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 193
Her Hairdo is cute, but I don't like the hat in any way... it looks very old fashioned.

The coat would look so much better in another color like pink and the hat was hideous.

Too bad for Maxima, you think Laurentien and Mabel are rubbing on her?:rolleyes:

crisiñaki said:
The coat would look so much better in another color like pink and the hat was hideous.

Too bad for Maxima, you think Laurentien and Mabel are rubbing on her?:rolleyes:

I semi agree. The coat does make her look a little chubby which she is not. She has a beautiful face but the coat doesn't suit her. the hat is very nice though.

She looks really happy and radiant. Her hair do is really nice. The outfit is just too much though with the unflattering tweed coat, long chain, and the hat.

It is just that you love or hate this outfit...:) ;) I think it was really nice .. and it makes her look really sweet.. but I hate her thights they are to white... it makes her legs look fatter... she should really get some good advice about this, because this is not the first time she is wearing this horrible colour, such like my grandma would weare ;)

3 of my 50 máxima pics of today!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 169
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 155
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 179
I don't like her outfit. She looks a Barbie with her hairdo and that hat. The skirt also makes her legs look fatter, like maxima88 wrote.

Anyway, she looks very happy and nice, as usual!!

For the first time, I think I actually like what she is wearing and everyone else hates it. I like the fact that it all matches and is "somewhat" subdued. I really like the fact that it looks like she took the time to actually comb her hair instead of having it all over the place. And the headband/hat thing is very very nice. But I would have gotten it without the veil thingy. It made it all a little too formal, but overall, the entire package was very polished. I would like to mention to her in passing though, to find a different brand of stockings. The shiny ones do not do a thing for "chunky" legs. They should be worn only with evening wear. She needs something matte to slim down her legs. But even with these slight imperfections, she still looks very polished, very well put together, very dignified & professional.
Just my thoughts....:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom