Princess Catharina-Amalia, News and Pictures 2 (January - December 2005)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is adorable! Plus, it's nice to see that Catharina-Amalia now has her own page in the royal house's website.

Is it just me, or do Amalia and Eloise have similar facial features? I think they definately look like they are related!

Eliza

Attachments

• eloise1.PNG
    eloise1.PNG
    193.2 KB · Views: 554
  • CA3.jpg
    CA3.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 477
You cant say that yet. the girls are to small. most little girls have chubby cheeks (this is not ment as a cruelty) so they automatically look like each other.
I dont think they will look like each other when they grow up

Betina

She certainly is cute but does she ever smile? I realize she was sick in the last photo session and that could be a reason for no smile-but still by that age most babies (at least the ones I've been around) smile sooooo much more-that surely we would have seen it by now! Or maybe I've just missed it...definitely possible. Kind of young to have the Chicken Poxs isn't it?

Chicken Pox knows no age, I think. It's just a matter of when you're exposed to it. It's a pain in the butt to get when you're older but it's even worse when you're younger because there's little you can do for relief, so I understand why Amalia might not be smiling. The upside is that once you get it, a vast majority of the time you won't get it again. The exception comes when you are infected with a different strain of chicken pox than the one you had.

As for Eloise and Amalia looking alike, eh, I don't see it. Eloise has more of her mother's look. The bushy eyebrows, the most prominent feature. Amalia, on the other hand, I can't really see a major resemblance to either of her parents.

I think I'm a little biased over smiling and pictures of the latest batch of royals. I think that Amalia is being compared to Ingrid-Alexandra of Norway because she always seems to be smiling when she has her pictures taken. Maybe the photographers from the Netherlands don't know how to tickle the right button to make Amalia smile. Who knows...

I know what Chicken Pox are (as a matter of face I have to be extremely careful as I've never had it and I'm an adult), and like I said, I'm sure that contributes to her not smiling, but I just find it odd that we haven't seen any pictures with at least a hint of a smile, she always seems to be scowling...or frowning. Perhaps you're right and I've just been spoiled because we see so many photos of Ingrid Alexandra and she seems to always be smiling...I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

xxPatrickxx said:
Amalia and Eloise have the eyes from Beatrix

think that eloise has the eyes of laurentine and
re you post yesterday, the possibility of Laurentine having a child at 38, it is very possible, since it is her third child. Having your first child at 38 is a bit more difficult.

Britters said:
I'm sure that contributes to her not smiling, but I just find it odd that we haven't seen any pictures with at least a hint of a smile, she always seems to be scowling...or frowning. Perhaps you're right and I've just been spoiled because we see so many photos of Ingrid Alexandra and she seems to always be smiling...I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Amalia smiled in at least one of the pictures released for her first birthday.

Her mom naturally smiles a lot and even when she isn't smiling seems at least happy. But Willem doesn't possess the same natural smiley face, nor does Beatrix, and as Amalia seems to take on her looks physically from her father and paternal grandmother, you can't expect that Amalia will have a naturally smiley face.

The opposite is true of Ingrid: Her father has a natural smiley face and as she looks a lot like him, her smiley face comes much more naturally. And combined with what seems to be Ingrid's natural disposition to be happy and smiling, more pictures of Ingrid smiling than Amalia.

Pictures of smiling Amalia. And pictures of young Willem-Alexander and Maxima.

I think Amalia has the smile from her mother and it is clear that she has her nose from her father :p

Attachments

• Maxima%2009070457738a.jpg
    Maxima%2009070457738a.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 313
  • Maxima%200907045783922a.jpg
    Maxima%200907045783922a.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 477
  • ca-1-defgr.jpg
    ca-1-defgr.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 430
  • 1906058.jpg
    1906058.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 392
  • foto36g.jpg
    foto36g.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 346
susan alicia said:
who is ingrid?

Princess Ingrid Alexandra, daughter of Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway.

now that a comparison is made. there is some resemblance between catharina amalia and eloise. but looking at eloise alone, she reminds me more of her mother, princess laurentien.

Here are some Amalia pics i scanned :)

If you use them on other message boards/sites/groups, please give credit cause these mags are really expensive...

Attachments

• Scannen0008.jpg
    Scannen0008.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 311
  • Scannen0015.jpg
    Scannen0015.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 516
  • Scannen0014.jpg
    Scannen0014.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 432
  • Scannen0011.jpg
    Scannen0011.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 294
  • Scannen0010.jpg
    Scannen0010.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 283
  • Scannen0009.jpg
    Scannen0009.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 372
  • Scannen0007.jpg
    Scannen0007.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 286
  • Scannen0006.jpg
    Scannen0006.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 307
  • Scannen0005.jpg
    Scannen0005.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 286
  • Scannen0004.jpg
    Scannen0004.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 384
the family is looking sooooo happy. wunderfull

I found a picture of the little princess from Lech.
I hope the RVD will release new pictures soon:)

Attachments

• DWF15-1155406.jpg
    DWF15-1155406.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 363
Hi!
I read on the Princess Máxima Messageboard that Amalia can walk :) In a gossip magazine ( i don't know wich one ) are pics about princess Amalia walking on the stairs of an airplane going to mummy(Maxima)...i can't wait to see te pics !!
Does anyone know in wich magazine i can see the pics?

This thread has been cleaned up.

It's hard to believe how big Amalia has gotten. I can remember sitting here, waiting for the official announcement of her birth, and seeing Willem-Alexander bring her out to meet the press for the first time. I can't believe how time has flown by!

I have a quick question. And I am sorry if someone has already written about this before, but I am new here. Also sorry if it sounds kind of stupid too...but how do you pronounce Amalia? I've never seen that name before Princess Amalia was born. It might be common in the Netherlands but I've never seen it in the USA.
Thanks in Advance.
:D

Lady Jennifer said:
I have a quick question. And I am sorry if someone has already written about this before, but I am new here. Also sorry if it sounds kind of stupid too...but how do you pronounce Amalia? I've never seen that name before Princess Amalia was born. It might be common in the Netherlands but I've never seen it in the USA.
Thanks in Advance.
:D

I think it was discussed before but it was a long while ago. For me, I've got the American English dialect and I say "Am-a-lia" or "Am-A-lia"

Moonlightrhapsody said:
I think it was discussed before but it was a long while ago. For me, I've got the American English dialect and I say "Am-a-lia" or "Am-A-lia"
Thanks for the response.....thats what I was thinking as well....I just was not sure.
:)

Princess Catharina-Amalia at the airport, last month

Thanks to Netty for the pictures

Attachments

• 2720225.jpg
    2720225.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 888
  • amalia2.jpg
    amalia2.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 635
  • amalia3.jpg
    amalia3.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 737
From the Máxima MB, posted by Mirjam
------------------------
Today our local paper has a report on Amalia's visit to the little goats last week. They interviewed the farmowners. 't Geertje ( the farm's name) is only a few kilometres from where I live. Maxima came to the farmshop to buy some bottles of milk. The visiters can feed the little goats with milk. The girl that was helping her in the shop asked the owners of the farm to come over because Maxima was in their farmshop. They thought she was joking, but finally came with her and saw it was true. They had a chat with Maxima and Alexander. The little family stayed for one and a half hour. Everyone recognized them but they were left alone to enjoy themselves. There were a lot of people because of the schoolholidays. Alexander promised they would definitly come back some other time when it will be more quiet.

The Watcher said:
From the Máxima MB, posted by Mirjam
------------------------
Today our local paper has a report on Amalia's visit to the little goats last week. They interviewed the farmowners. 't Geertje ( the farm's name) is only a few kilometres from where I live. Maxima came to the farmshop to buy some bottles of milk. The visiters can feed the little goats with milk. The girl that was helping her in the shop asked the owners of the farm to come over because Maxima was in their farmshop. They thought she was joking, but finally came with her and saw it was true. They had a chat with Maxima and Alexander. The little family stayed for one and a half hour. Everyone recognized them but they were left alone to enjoy themselves. There were a lot of people because of the schoolholidays. Alexander promised they would definitly come back some other time when it will be more quiet.

There are BTW no pictures of this visit :)

The Watcher said:

Awww, that's cute. I like the first one best, the one where little Amalia is boarding the plane herself.

Won't it be cute watching Catharina and Baby Sibling grow up together? So sweet.

The Watcher said:

Where were they flying from or to? Thanks:)

bigger picture:

Attachments

• cover_2005_21.jpg
    cover_2005_21.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 886
more pictures from privé magazine

Isn't Amalia getting more beautiful each day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom