Princesses Catharina-Amalia, Alexia and Ariane, News 2 (June - December 2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides, Spain is a bigger country, so the Spanish RH is a much, much bigger insitution, which also explains why the members arn't like the Oranjes. The spanish royal house is not so much an entertainment for Spain or just a very rich and wealthy family, as much as it is a proffesional institution. Very different situations.

I don't think the size of the country has anything to do with it. The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg is one of Europe's smallest countries but the grand-ducal family has a more restraint attitude as their Orange-Nassau relatives in the Netherlands.

I also dare to doubt which Royal House actually is a much bigger institution. I would not be surprised to learn that the Dutch Queen has an amount of staff in her service which exceeds that of her valued Spanish colleague. Besides that, since the reforms in which the Centralistic State has minimalized for the gain of the regions, the formal political influence of the King is almost non-existant and rest purely on the formidable personality of Juan Carlos himself.

Friend and enemy, serious or gossip paper, tabloid or current affairs magazine, all do share Queen Beatrix under the most powerful persons in the Netherlands. A lady who knows how to handle the whip.

It is just the PR. The Netherlands now has four succesive female rulers in a row, and with a male intermezzo, the next female ruler is already there. This has not happened in any other monarchy and this has had an impact on the traditional stern-faced, militaristic and always solemn monarchy. It has feminized, it became the grand lady with her colourful entourage. Queen Juliana went far in closing the gap between the subjects and their Sovereign. Queen Beatrix has widened that gap again, as she is convinced that there must be a distance. But what remained is the good laugh, the cheer, the goodnatured appearance. Princess Máxima (but also Princess Laurentien) are ladies which fit exceptionally well in a monarchy which has two faces: 'do normal please' and yet also having moments of great pompa. But even when 'doing normal' the Queen is always and ever 'Her Majesty' in her looks, her appearance, her entourage. The Dutch are careful with their heritage. All the palaces, the artworks, the carriages, the jewels are subservient to the effectful and 'dignified' functioning of the kingship.

That can not be said about a Queen Paola, lipsticking her lips in public. Almost never wearing a hat and no hofdames in her slipstream. Or a Prince Laurent appearing on public duties with an ill-fitting costume and a mafioso sunglasses on his nose. Yet the Belgians are, wrongly or rightly, considered 'conservative' in comparison with the Dutch. It is just in the eye of the beholder.

:flowers:

Ariane wasn't in the end of the photo shoot though right? I only saw Amalia and Alexia.

Ariane wasn't in the end of the photo shoot though right? I only saw Amalia and Alexia.

You are right. After the arrival in the horsedrawn carriage and the photoshoot, the Princess was handed over to a nanny and most likely brought to Het Oude Loo Castle in the forests adjacent to Het Loo Palace.

Last edited:
As posted by Martin T at the Benelux Royals MB:

[FONT=verdana, arial]Some agitators have called to protest against the coming of Jorge Zorreguieta to the baptism of his granddaughter princess Ariane, October 20th. They say that Zorreguieta is responsible for the terror of the Videla-regime and that he cannot be received at a dutch national celebration.

Daddy Zorreguieta protest (in Dutch)
[/FONT]

Oh for crying out loud. Not that I agree with what he has been accused of doing, but give the guy a break, not to mention his daughter and grandaughters, to whom he is merely Papa and Grandpapa.. Seriously, I think that Maxima was punished enough when her parents were not able to come to her wedding. That is a huge day for a woman. And yes, I know that her mother could have come, but I suppose that I might have chosen to support my husband in the same situation.

I loved the second video, I liked to see Infanta Crisitina talking to Amalia and Alexia.

it's my favourite as well. alexia is so cute when she is going in circles in front of the door... so funny. i also liked when constantijn picked her up for maxima and gave her to her or when laurentien tried to help her out with alexia. you just get a good vibe about this family...

Well, personally I always feel a little uncomfortable as well when the man is present. But as he has not been convicted I suppose he is still innocent.

Of course the baptism is a privatre celebration according to the RF and not a national one, which is true (as was the case with WA's birthdayparty).

Well, personally I always feel a little uncomfortable as well when the man is present. But as he has not been convicted I suppose he is still innocent.

Of course the baptism is a privatre celebration according to the RF and not a national one, which is true (as was the case with WA's birthdayparty).

It would be really sad if the girls had to watch some kind of demonstration outside the church, even if they don't really understand why their Opa (Grandpa) is being trashed...

BTW, which are exactly the 'official/national' celebrations, where Zorreguieta's presence is not really wished? The coronation of Willem IV will be one, for sure, right?

Oh for crying out loud. Not that I agree with what he has been accused of doing, but give the guy a break, not to mention his daughter and grandaughters, to whom he is merely Papa and Grandpapa.. Seriously, I think that Maxima was punished enough when her parents were not able to come to her wedding. That is a huge day for a woman. And yes, I know that her mother could have come, but I suppose that I might have chosen to support my husband in the same situation.

I couldn't agree more dear Empress!

Besides,I find the whole hullabaloo extremely hypocritic to a fauld and as far as I am concerned he is welcome to any event concerning his daughter and her family.

Allthough I disapprove of the system at the time,people all together seem to forget,or were too young/not even born,that there was a terrible mess,to put it politely,during Isabel Peron.There were two alternatives at the time,a regime by the ultra left marxist factions that had already killed thousands of innocent Argentineans at random,but you never hear about that or so it seems,or the military.It wasn't about the best of both choices,both were god awfull.There was no democratic alternative as we know it,it was just one big corrupt trash bin under the peronistas.

Untill there will be a investigation of some sort worthwhile,and there isn't,Mr.Zorreguieta is free to come and go as he pleases in my book to see his daughter and grandchildren.We dutch should really stop raising our index fingers as if we know it all,some fingers have dirt on 'm too.

H.I.J.O.S Nederland?It's not a hype,most dutch don't even know/care,it's just there,among thousands of groups with a mission as they see it.

Last edited:
Very well said, Lucien! I have to say I couldn't agree more...

Going back to the title of the thread now, any news on the upcoming baptism, or the princesses themselves?

Nothing of interest as far as the baptism is concerned,I am curious about the godparents tho.Suppose there will be no announcements until a few days before the 20th of october.

For the baptism of Princess Catharina-Amalia, there were a small handful of protesters outside the Great- or Saint James' Church in The Hague. No more than 10 I think. See picture.

The arrival of the Queen and the Zorreguietas went in good cheer by the way. The protesters were totally outnumbered by the wild enthusiast public. See picture.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the baptism of Princess Alexia, there were even less, I guess five or six, protesters outside Wassenaar Village Church. See picture.

Also here the arrival of the Queen and the Zorreguietas went in good cheer by the way. The protesters were totally outnumbered by the wild enthusiast public. See picture.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the baptism of Princess Ariane, I expect the same very limited amount of protesters outside the Cloister Church in The Hague.

Of course no one denies the right of demonstration. But it really are the 'professional demonstrators' who turn up at every possiblity for a protest, no matter what it is about. The Palestinians? Animal rights? Bush? Capitalism? Daddy Z? They will be there.

:flowers:

On Sunday, Sinterklaas was in Wassenaar. Princess Máxima took Princess Amalia and Princess Alexia with her to see him. Shownews had a image. The RVD approved the image.

On Sunday, Sinterklaas was in Wassenaar. Princess Máxima took Princess Amalia and Princess Alexia with her to see him. Shownews had a image. The RVD approved the image.

Could you post it for us, or maybe tell us where we might be able to see it?

thanks for the picture! it's adorable that maxima takes the girls to see sinterklaas and joins the public just like everyone else. it's a shame we can't see more pictures!

All of the kids looked very excited to see Sinterklass' arrival.

How wonderful to see these beautiful girls getting to act like normal little children, I commend CP Maxima and W-A for allowing this and for giving their little girls as normal as possible childhood.

Thank you so much for the picture and this absolutely great video. I love to see Maxima and Amalia singing along, so sweet :wub: Do you guys know who the women was who was first holding Alexia in the video and then Amalia?

it is relatively easy in holland to have a normal chidhood for them, live a normal life like other dutch children.

Loved the hats of the little girls and that maxima sung along so enthousiasticly, she is very "ingeburgerd" (intergrated):flowers:

How wonderful to see these beautiful girls getting to act like normal little children, I commend CP Maxima and W-A for allowing this and for giving their little girls as normal as possible childhood.

Princess Ariane was also with them.

Princess Maxima and daughters at carnival - isifa gallery
Lovely to see the girls out with their mother & having fun, also seems a nice time for the family before Maxime left to New York.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom