Princesses Catharina-Amalia, Alexia and Ariane, News 1 (September 2005 - June 2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According tio the RVD it is more a precaution then anything else, so not to problematic at the moment.

the queen has not cancelled her visit to a city (can't remember which) to see some sculptures either. The baby is in the best care.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I hope she gets better in no time:flowers: [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dutch baby Princess Ariane admitted to hospital [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Posted : Wed, 02 May 2007 08:59:59GMT[/FONT]

The Hague - Princess Ariane, the youngest daughter of Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima of the Netherlands, has been admitted to the hospital, a spokesperson... Read full article here

Princess Ariane admitted to hospital

Wednesday 02 May 2007
Princess Ariane, the three week-old daughter of crown prince Willem-Alexander and princess Máxima ... Read full article here

the news on the radio said she was fine. According to the RVD she is expected to stay a week in hospital to become completly better.

Last edited:
It is quite normal for babys to have those kind of diseases, they cough a lot, have snivel from their nose, babys who are born in a winter time are more susceptibility to this kind of diseases. What hospitals ussualy do in this cases is some kind of strong aerossols, and maybe that is what little Arianne went there to do!!

Please continue the discussion about Princess Ariane's stay in the hospital in this thread. Thank you.

That would be wonderful! But we most definately have to wait and see her during her baptism.

Uf...I agree I was quite scared, even if I don't said it here. When a little one has breathing viruses ins not a light problem, but a BIG one. I tried not to thing in the worst, but I confess that I DID. :neutral: Well...I'm happy all is all right by now.

As for the photos...I think it's completely normal we wouldn't see Princess Ariane until her christening...But I was wondering what happens to Princess Alexia. I wish we could see her more often.

Vanesa.

This is only my opinion but I really don't think they will show official photos for Maxima's birthday. Have they in the past for her birthday? I don't remember them doing that. However, I do believe the next time we will see little Ariane is on her sister, Alexia's birthday. I can imagine them releasing a few pics of their trio at that time.

Verde Esmeralda said:
Any idea of when the christening of Ariane will take place?
Well, Amalia was born in December and was baptized in June and Alexia was born in June and was baptized in November so I think Ariane's will be in about 4-5 months.

Why so much time in between birth and christianing?

RachelD said:
Why so much time in between birth and christianing?

I am not sure...I think maybe it has to do with the planning involved. but kids in the dutch royal family are usually baptized later rather than sooner. maybe they now view it as their tradition.

Glad little Ariane is back at home healthy.

I have a feeling we won't see her now til her Christening.:neutral:

Maybe they try to delay it in order to let the baby be more grown-up to face the hole christening ceremony, also to wait until the princess gets more definite features, not so clear when recently-born ... :flowers:

I guess that it is also aimed to allow Máxima to recover her body shape completely and look really good for the event...:rolleyes:

No, I almost know for sure that we'll see the little princess sooner:
during the annual family photo-shoot at Tavernelle in July, but possibly even sooner than that: probably on June 26 at Alexia's birthday party

As far as when we will next see Ariane, I think that they will release a new pic of her on Alexia's birthday. Last year on Alexia's birthday the family released a picture of Alexia and a picture of Amalia that were taken by Willem-Alexander so I think that is what they will do again.

I'm expecting this pic anxiously, because babies are more beatiful when some months or even weeks of their birth has passed. When they are newbrons, babies tends to be too tiny and uglies! :D

Vanesa.

I wish they would release it, but then again, a surprise would be nice, too. It will be fun to see how Ariane's grown since we last saw her. Maybe they will release it on Alexia's birthday, she will be two months old by then.

amalia's education

Does anyone know how the education of Amalia will proceed? As of now, being only 3, I think she attends a day care center. But is there any sort of tradition in terms of her education? I read that at the age of 18, she should be ready to assume some official duties (correct me if I'm wrong). And that the Dutch monarch wields considerable power compared to other monarchs in Europe. I also read that those born in the Dutch RF receive their university education in the Netherlands, is that a tradition or can they also study abroad?

Last edited:
She will start attending primary school when she is 4 years old I believe, untill 12. After that she will go to secondairy school. Depending on the level she will be doing that will continue untill her 16th, 17th or 18th year. I assume she will go to the 'VWO' (as the rest of her family), so it will take untill her 18th year. After that she can go to university.

Information on Dutch school education can be found here.

Have they announced a baptism date yet? Or is it unnecessary to announce as she is only the third child?

They will announce it eventually. There is generally anywhere from a 4-6 month wait after the baby is born, before it is christened in the DRF.

monica17 said:
Does anyone know how the education of Amalia will proceed? As of now, being only 3, I think she attends a day care center. But is there any sort of tradition in terms of her education? I read that at the age of 18, she should be ready to assume some official duties (correct me if I'm wrong). And that the Dutch monarch wields considerable power compared to other monarchs in Europe. I also read that those born in the Dutch RF receive their university education in the Netherlands, is that a tradition or can they also study abroad?

'De Horsten' (The Eyries) is a private property of the royal family since 1838, sized 415 hectare. The estate is located in the municipality of Wassenaar (near The Hague) one of the wealthiest municipalities in the Netherlands, in fact a suburban enclave of millionaires.

In Wassenaar there is an international school (the American School of The Hague). Princess Catharina-Amalia can develop herself into an internationally oriented person by attending international school.

But of course the parents can also opt for a Dutch school :

The closest to the princely villa is a small school with 180 pupils, located in the green and lavish surroundings of Wassenaar-South: the Kievit School (named after the Peewit or Lapwing, a bird). I think this will be Princess Catharina-Amalia's future school. Great old building with a tatched roof.

Saint Bonifacius School (Roman Catholic Education)

Herenweg School (Protestant Education)

Montessori School (Education via the orthopedagogic learning system by Maria Montessori)

Nutsschool (independent education organized by the private Maatschappij tot Nut van het Algemeen /the private Society of Public Welfare)

Kelly said:
Have they announced a baptism date yet? Or is it unnecessary to announce as she is only the third child?

they will most certainly announce it, after all ariane is the fourth in line to the throne. catharina-amalia and alexia were christened after 5 months of being born, so i'd expect ariane's birthday to happen some time around beginning-middle september.

Thank you for posting this! I find it very useful. I don't know how do you find all these little "info jewels", people! I'm so stupid in computer skills...:D

Vanesa.

As secondairy school she can always go to the 'Rijnlands Lyceum' in Wassenaar, according to the cliche all the children of Wassenaars nouveau riche (and of the few old money that is living there) are going there. If WA and Maxima want their daughters to get in touch with more normal people they can send her to the Adelbert College. But by then I expect that the family will be living in neighbouring The Hague, so hopefully she will go to a less elitarian school.

As I am fromthe area of Wassenaar I know several people who went to the international american school. Apart from the usual diplomatic children they had loads of stories to share about there school collegues who had an emigrated eastern european mobster as a father. They usually attnded school with bodyguards too.

fee said:
This is quite funny actually, why is everyone discussing Amalias "bloodline"?
(Though one can get a little kick out of the fact that the national anthem reads: Willem of Orange I am of german blood;) )
Anyway, no royal "bloodline" is 100% dutch or british or whatever, since the marriage policies in earlier times requested 100% royal blood, all royals are truely "european" but hardly as "national" as most of their subjects.
Well, <if> we talk about bloodlines here, most of Amalia's father's ancestors are actually indeed German! From Queen Wilhelmina's mother Emma, to her husband Hendrik, to her son in law Bernhard, whose own son in law, Claus, was also German. Not that I mind it a bit, but the Dutch royals are more German than anything strictly speaking. (And the British, well, funny you mention them because the Windsor's ancestry couldn't be more German in fact! Thank goodness for Diana's true-blue Englishness there I suppose.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom