Princess Catharina-Amalia, News and Pictures 1 (December 2003 - January 2005)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Watcher,

I tried to post a pic of mine but it never showed in preview. I am wondering what I am doing wrong.. I shall give it another try...
Thanks..

The picture you have posted in the Test Zone (already removed), I could see. So give it a another try, if you do it on the same way as in the Test Zone, it is ok. (i think :rolleyes: )

[SIZE=7]Her Royal Highness Princess Catharina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria, Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau.

Catharina means: 'She who is pure'
Amalia means: 'She who is militant'
Beatrix means: 'She who brings happiness'
Carmen is derived from the biblical Mount Carmel
Victoria: 'She who is victorious'

The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima obviously have chosen for a regal name and -because both Catharina and Amalia- appear in the long list of names in the looong history of the Orange-Nassau dynasty, they are clearly placing their daughter as a new link in the long chain. And they hope Princess Catharina-Amalia will become a strong link who is pure, militant, brings happiness and is victorious. A strong(-willed) Queen, like her grandmother Queen Beatrix!

On the name Victoria: the Prince expressed that he and Princess Máxima choosed for this name because of it's meaning: 'She who is victorious'.

But because the Crown Princess of Sweden is a protestant ánd because Queen Beatrix is her godmother and Queen Juliana is the godmother to King Carl XVI Gustav of Sweden, it is widely expected in the Netherlands that HRH the Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden will become the godmother to the Princess.

Prince Willem-Alexander's godparents are:
HM the Queen of Danmark,
HRH Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands, Prince of Lippe-Biesterfeld (grandfather)
HSH the Fürst von Bismarck,
Lady Gosta von Amsberg baroness von dem Bussche Haddenhausen (grandmother)
The (then) Minister-President, prof. dr. J. Zijlstra

When will they announce who the godparents are going to be and when the little princess is going to be baptised?

The baptism of Princess Catharina-Amalia is not confirmed by the RVD but the royalty watchers and the press aspect that the baptism in April is, so april is gonna be a busy month, The baptism of Amalia, the wedding of Prince Johan-Friso and Mabel, and Queens day.

cover.jpg

Article : " Máxima adores her Amalia! While the trams past rage and passers-by to her swings and calls, Màxima presses she her small wonder,Amalia against her body. Her eyes radiate on the blue blanket just aside pulls and she admires her daughter. Just she further nothing sees more. Even her parents, her brother and her sister are a few seconds long far away. Then bows Máxima her head and gives baby Amalia careful a kiss. Pure mother enjoyment. Pure love of a princess for her small princess. Excluding in Story: the most beautiful images of the visit of the family Zorreguieta at Amsterdam and the mostly unique pics of Máxima and her little princess "

This looks like a good issue! I will have to peruse it at my local bookstore and see the "mostly unique pictures of Maxima and her little princess."

Have Maxima's parents and her siblings been in the Netherlands with her since the birth of Amalia? ... How nice if this is the case, that they were able to celebrate the holidays with their daughter (and sister) and the first with their new granddaughter (and niece) as well as savouring every moment with Amalia.

From left to right: Jorge Zorreguieta, Juan Zorreguieta, Maria del Carmen Cerruti de Zorreguieta, Ines Zorreguieta, Maxima and Amalia, a bodyguard.
28 December 2003(Amsterdam).

Attachments

• Maxima_202812031m.jpg
    Maxima_202812031m.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 4,795
Princess Maxima with Princess Catharina-Amalia (in car), 28 December 2003

Attachments

• Maxima_2028120390m.jpg
    Maxima_2028120390m.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 305
Close-up Catharina-Amalia

Attachments

• Prinses_20Amalia_202812039281.jpg
    Prinses_20Amalia_202812039281.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 280
:heart: Oh, how sweet!! Thank you so mucn for posting those pics!! I just love seeing pics of Amalia!!

from the glittering royal events message board posted by Henri M.

Baptism of Princess Catharina-Amalia.

Immediately after the birth of Princess Catharina-Amalia, the rumours about her baptism started. When will the young Hereditary Princess be baptized and what kind of a ceremony will it be? One thing is sure: the Princess will receive a reformed baptism in the PKN (Netherlands' Protestant Church). The Kloosterkerk (Convent's Church) in The Hague is one of the favourite possibilities as location for the baptism.
The Kloosterkerk is a quite old building with an history going back to 1394 when Albrecht of Bavaria, Count of Holland, Zealand and Hainaut and his wife Lady Margaretha of Cleves ordered the building of the Church. Despite of it's long history, the Kloosterchurch has an extremely sober, typical protestant, interior.

It is most likely that the baptism of Princess Catharina-Amalia will take place in May or June, at least after the State Visit to Thailand (January) , the wedding of Prince Johan Friso with miss Mabel Wisse Smit (April 24th) and Queen's Day (April 30th). Also the weddings of the Crown Prince of Denmark and the Prince of Asturias lay a claim on the royal agenda.

So it will most likely be May or June, so is the expectation in The Hague. Such a royal baptism needs preparation and organization, if the intention is that it must become a major royal event

Originally posted by norwegianne@Jan 6th, 2004 - 4:25 pm
Nice that Maxima's wearing an orange scarf :)
Here a picture of her father and mother (also 28 december 2003).

And see they have also something orange....how is it possible? :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Jorge_20Zorreguita_20281203.jpg
    Jorge_20Zorreguita_20281203.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 679
Are Maxima's parents divorced? There was some question over this a while back but it was never cleared up, I don't think.

No they are not. This is Jorge's second marriage though.

Thanks for the information, Alisa. I didn't think they were, but there were some doubts expressed.

Your welcome :flower:

And see they have also something orange....how is it possible?

It is as PR move :p If Daddy Z is going to be here he must wear some orange.

Has the date for her Christening been announced yet? What is the usualy waiting period for this in The Netherlands? I know that Eloise was christened about 6 months after her birth. Is this the norm or was it pushed back due to Prince Claus' passing?

I think during the visit to Thailand during a Q & A period with the Queen, Willem said after Johan and Mabel get married, so very end of April/May.

Someone at the Benelux MB suggested that 04-04-04 is a good possibility, as it on a saturday & Willem-Alexander 7 Maxima got married on 02-02-02

Yes,it was said by WA that the christening will in any case take place after Mabel and Friso´s wedding on April 24th...

From the site of the Royal family:

Wat is de officiële naam van de dochter van de Prins van Oranje en Prinses Máxima?
De officiële naam van de dochter van de Prins van Oranje en Prinses Máxima is Catharina-Amalia (met verbindingsstreepje) Beatrix Carmen Victoria. Bij officiële gelegenheden en bij het vernoemen van scholen, straten, gebouwen enz. zal de naam Catharina-Amalia worden gebruikt.
Zoals de Prins heeft aangegeven zal in huiselijke kring de roepnaam Amalia worden gebruikt.

Translation:

Q: What is the official name of the daughter of the Prince of Orange and Princess Maxima?
A: The official name of the daughter of the Prince of Orange and Princess Maxima is Catharina-Amalia (with -) Beatrix Carmen Victoria. For official events and for name schools, streets, buildings etc. the name Catharina-Amalia will be used. As the Prince already have said the call name Amalia will be used in the family circle .
-------------------------------
So now we know it sure :rolleyes:

Amsterdam 28 december 2003
Prinses Amalia in auto

Attachments

• Prinses_20Amalia_20281203992.jpg
    Prinses_20Amalia_20281203992.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 343
Amsterdam 28 december 2003
Prinses Amalia

Attachments

• Prinses_20Amalia_202812039281.jpg