Princess Catharina-Amalia, News and Pictures 1 (December 2003 - January 2005)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A other coin.... :innocent:

geboorte_ag_au.gif

...and a spoon, because of the birth of Princess Catharina-Amalia :flower:

geboortelepel500.jpg

The stork seems to be very important... :p

Originally posted by monaco70s@Dec 12th, 2003 - 9:58 am
Do you think they're somehow planning marrying Gabriel and Catharina-Amalia already :eek: ?
No it was just a retarted law that will probably be abolished (it hasn't happened yet).

The law was created when Belgium was founded (so around 1830) to prevent that a Dutch prince would marry a Belgian princess and take over the Belgian throne. Because before the Belgian independance, Belgium was a part of the Netherlands.

The stork seems to be very important...

well, Amalia is born in the city of The Hague and guess which bird is in their coat of arms? ...yes a stork ;)

Originally posted by Alexandria@Dec 9th, 2003 - 3:06 pm
Is the French version of Catharina-Amalia's name Amelie (like in the movie with Audrey Tatou)? And the English version is Amelia, right?
While on the subject of movies and the name of " .. Amalia ..", a strange coincidence happened last evening ~ while I was watching the movie, "The House of Spirits", (starring Jeremy Irons, Meryl Streep, Winona Rider, Antonio Banderas, and Glenn Close). It was a movie about "revolutionary Argentina" where Jeremy Irons plays "a conservative senator" and "a patron" ~ rancher? farmer? ~ named "Estaban" and his wife is "Clara" (Meryl Streep), and their daughter (Winona Ryder) is named "Blanca". Blanca suffered as an "establishment upstart" along with her daughter's father, "Pedro", (Antonio Banderas) who constantly had to hide from sure death as he was a "counter - revolutionary" ~ and their only daughter's name was " .. Alma .. ".

The story ends with the life of "Alma" ~ the granddaughter of "Clara" who could summon the "spirits" on "the other side" and who gave encouragement to all members of her family ~ even after her death through the "spirits". I have seen this movie once before and it wasn't that much of a success ~ so, I wondered about it being broadcasted at and around the time as the delivery and naming of CP Willem-Alexander's and CP Maxima's child ~ "Catharina-Amalia" ~ as Maxima is from Argentina.

Please correct me if I've made a mistake in relating this movie to the group. I welcome constructive criticism. The discussion about " -AMALIA" part of her name ~ set in the country of Argentina ~ seems rather coincidental to me in it's close proximetry to the given name "ALMA" and the birth country of CP Maxima. I imagine a "spirit or two" might have visited me last night while I watched this quite infrequent movie ~ "The House of Spirits".

Elizajane :unsure:

I like her name, Catharina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria. It doesn't sound like an old fashioned name because it is a combination of many fabulous names.

When new royal babies are born, we don't expect their names to be the modern ones because their names are always derived from their royal ancestors. And their ancestors have names that sounds great. I would even prefer names that are from the past compared to names invented now!!! :lol: Maybe recently used not really invented! And their names are always more than three or four!

We can't tell the Queen or the King to change it because that's what they have planned already! Looking forward on her christening day. I am excited to know her godparents.. :)

The Hague, Netherlands - One of the Dutch Magazines, Nieuwe Revu, has made a compilation of the birth-photo of baby Amalia with the hair of Queen Beatrix. This has been done because of the comment of Prince Willem-Alexander, when he told the press, that Amalia had a lot of hair.

Princess Catharina is already a subject of the press! :)

Attachments

• am1
    35.2 KB · Views: 148
she looks like Queen Beatrix. As what I have observed form the picture :)
I don't like her to have that hair.

That makes three royal babies (unless I'm missing Eloise, I don't know much about the Dutch, sorry):

Gabriel, Louise, and Amalia.

Amalia is also a very common name in Argentina without going so far in the House of Spirits. A very charming and rich business woman in Argentina is also Amalia and relatives call her Amalita. I personally like all her names. Good fortune and health for HRH Catharina-Amalia........ :heart:

House of the spirits is about Chile, not Argentina. The author of the book isIsabelle Allende, daughter of the murdered presedent Allende (of Chile). His 'successor who staged the coup d'etat was the terrible General Augusto Pinochet. I do believe that the coup d'etat in Chile happened around the same time as the Videla-regime in Argentina (with Maxima's father as secretary of agriculture) was in power. Terrible regimes, both of them, with fascist methods.

Originally posted by The Watcher@Dec 12th, 2003 - 11:46 pm
A other coin.... :innocent:

geboorte_ag_au.gif
These coins are a bit better than the other ones, indeed.

Catharina-Amalia DOES have a name derived from her ancestors though...

This is an older story:

Princess Catharina-Amalia?

8 December 2003

AMSTERDAM – Despite the fact that Prince Willem-Alexander was not expected to announce the name of the Netherlands future queen until Tuesday morning, it was being reported on Monday that the baby girl's name will probably be Catharina-Amalia.

A check of websites attached to the IP address of the official internet website of the Dutch Royal Family has uncovered the name Catharina-Amalia, a nu.nl news report said.

Upon retrieval of the IP address for the site www.koninklijkhuis.nl, the following address is given: 193.78.30.30. But if you request a list of sites that are using that same IP address, a list of interesting names is found.

The sites www.catharina-amalia.nl/ and www.prinsescatharina-amalia.nl/ have been registered since 7 December under the name of the Stichting Sigillis Regiis Praesidio, a foundation which was set up to protect the royal family from commercial exploitation.

The registered websites direct internet users back to a page on the royal family website announcing the birth of the second-in-line heir to the Dutch throne. Moreover, they are difficult to open or give error messages.

IP addresses are codes that refer to matching websites and the website http://centralops.net/co/DomainDossier.vbs.asp gives an oversight of all registered domain names. If the IP address 193.78.30.30 is inputted, an internet user is given a list of registered internet sites and the name Catharina-Amalia features prominently.

Princess Maxima, the wife of Crown Prince Willem-Alexander, gave birth to the couple's first child at 5.01pm on Sunday. The baby girl was perfectly healthy, weighed 3.31kg and will become the latest in a long line of queens in the Netherlands.

Her name has not yet been officially announced, but the government information service RVD confirmed on Monday that Willem-Alexander will register the child's birth with municipal authorities in The Hague on Tuesday, at which time the baby's name is expected to be revealed. The prince will be officially received at the Oude Stadhuis (Old City Hall) at 10am.

Meanwhile, the name Amalia appears several times in the House of Orange family tree. The most well known, Amalia van Solms (1602-1675), was the wife of Frederik Hendrik (1584-1647).

The most recent is Amalia van Sachsen-Weimar (1830-1872), who was the first wife of Prince Hendrik (1820-1879). Prince Hendrik is the uncle of Queen Wilhelmina. The other Amalia is Henriette Amalia van Anhalt-Dessau (1666-1726), who was the mother Johan Willem Friso (1687-1711).

Looking further into the family tree and the combination of Catharina Amalia is found. The great, great grandson of Willem of Orange, Philipp van Hesse-Philippsthal, married Catharina Amalia van Solms-Laubach, who was also family of Willem van Orange. Many members of the European nobility in centuries past were related to each other.

http://www.expatica.com/source/site_articl...1&story_id=2935

Originally posted by Helena@Dec 13th, 2003 - 5:35 pm
House of the spirits is about Chile, not Argentina. The author of the book isIsabelle Allende, daughter of the murdered presedent Allende (of Chile). His 'successor who staged the coup d'etat was the terrible General Augusto Pinochet. I do believe that the coup d'etat in Chile happened around the same time as the Videla-regime in Argentina (with Maxima's father as secretary of agriculture) was in power. Terrible regimes, both of them, with fascist methods.
Thank you, Helena, for correcting me. I had no idea that movie represented Chile instead of Argentina. I crave learning and so far I've learned quite a lot from this group. As far as the name of "Catherina-Amalia" is concerned, I think it's lovely and very regal along with the names of the grandmothers. I sure wish I could find a photo of Maxima holding her child, or even seeing Maxima, since their daughter has made her grand entrance upon the world stage. They both must be so proud ! :heart: :p :heart:

What event is this outfit for that Maxima is getting fitted for? Catharina's baptism? Anyhow, she looks great considering she just gave birth a bit more than a week ago. How do these royal ladies look so good so soon after giving birth? Facing the public for formal presentation pictures of your new royal baby just a mere days after delivering him or her? Yikes! But I liked how Willem presented his daughter in this case so that Maxima could rest up.

Originally posted by Alexandria@Dec 16th, 2003 - 5:47 pm
What event is this outfit for that Maxima is getting fitted for? Catharina's baptism? Anyhow, she looks great considering she just gave birth a bit more than a week ago. How do these royal ladies look so good so soon after giving birth? Facing the public for formal presentation pictures of your new royal baby just a mere days after delivering him or her? Yikes! But I liked how Willem presented his daughter in this case so that Maxima could rest up.
here is the text that belongs to the picture
Polfoto 16-12-2003 NLD20031216- AMSTERDAM: Monique Collgnon of the Wax Museum in Amsterdam ajusts the last buttons at Princess Maxima's new jacket watched by Prince Willem-Alexander, 16 December 2003 the Netherlands. After the Princess gave birth to her first child last week the pregnant Maxima was replaced today by the slim one in a new outfit.

They are going to talk about Amalia and other Royal news tonight (Dec 16) on Larry King Live on CNN.

Thanks for the tip Dennism! Whenever Larry King has a royalty topic on his show it is nearly always about the British royals, so very refreshing to see the Dutch royals beign mentioned!

This is the synopsis from the CNN home page
"It's been quite a year for the British royal family. Rumors of more scandal, a bombshell book by former royal butler Paul Burrell and the coming-of-age of Princess Diana's sons. A panel of experts takes a look at the latest royal news."
It doesn't sound like the Dutch Royals will be the conversation centerpiece this time either. :(

Oops. It said a royal birth! And I immediately thought of Amalia. D'oh. Anyway, I knew it was going to mention WIlliam too.

Originally posted by Josefine@Dec 16th, 2003 - 12:07 pm
here is the text that belongs to the picture
Polfoto 16-12-2003 NLD20031216- AMSTERDAM: Monique Collgnon of the Wax Museum in Amsterdam ajusts the last buttons at Princess Maxima's new jacket watched by Prince Willem-Alexander, 16 December 2003 the Netherlands. After the Princess gave birth to her first child last week the pregnant Maxima was replaced today by the slim one in a new outfit.
If you read this caption closely, it is NOT Maxima in the picture, but her wax duplicate. Read this line carefully:

After the Princess gave birth to her first child last week the pregnant Maxima was replaced today by the slim one in a new outfit.

And if you look equally as carefully at the picture, it is clearly just a very good wax replicate of Maxima, not the CP herself.

They aren't very good in my opinion. They look too pale.

It does look rather pale for Maxima. Good point.

:flower: I am behind with the times - didn't even realise that the baby was here! Amalia - that was Prins Frederik Hendrik's wife (17th century). Hopping to the royal pages to read the news now!

New pictures of amalia and her parents! :heart:

Attachments

• amalia.jpg
    amalia.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 1,271
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom