Princess Catharina-Amalia, News and Pictures 1 (December 2003 - January 2005)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
xxLindaxx said:
From the BRMB:

Poem that can be heard at the Gedichtenlijn all day long (0909 4334248) chosen for Amalia and read by Ds Carel ter Linden. The poem itself was written by Joanna Klink.

Is it possible to post an English translation of this poem. Another member yesterday (The Watcher perhaps?) posted a few lines or summary of the poem that sounded very sweet and endearing. It would be great to read it in English, even if it is missing something in the translation.

Thanks in advance!

A liitle princess turns one year!

Happy Birthday and many happy years ahead:)

Alexandria said:
Is it possible to post an English translation of this poem.
Translation from BRMB, posted by Netty
------------------------------------------

Here I am

Here I am and stand on the ground
The earth carries me
Therefore I stand firm
I may be there

I stand upright just like a tree
I am already big and grow aloft
From the earth to the heaven

My own place on which I stand is small
But what a space around me
It looks endless

Under my feet it is hard
Around my head it is soft
The air that I breath
Always enough to live

And I look out of my eyes
And see the world in the light
Near by and far I can see everything
And when I close my eyes I can feel what is near by

My hands touch it
And I hear the sounds of the people and of the birds
And of the wind that blows past the window

I don't stand still but can move
I am not a tree
I walk to a place
Sometimes I know the way
Sometimes I don't

Here I am
That is what I can say
And I know that I live
And I learn the names of all things But do I also know why I am here?
Or does life mean discovering that secret?

The Watcher said:
They wanted to publish new pictures of the little princess, but because Prince Bernhard's death it will not happen.
It seems silly to me for the family to not release new photos of little Amalia simply because of the death of Prince Bernhard. The little one is turning 1 and it's a celebration of life, which is what the family should be doing.

Death is always horrible to deal with, and the family should grieve, yes, but after death it has always been my thought that it's perhaps easier to move on if you look at the wonderful. The Family should grieve their loss, but should also celebrate the life Bernhard enjoyed, and the lives they have all been given.

What a sweet poem! Thanks for posting that The Watcher! :)

Britters said:
It seems silly to me for the family to not release new photos of little Amalia simply because of the death of Prince Bernhard. The little one is turning 1 and it's a celebration of life, which is what the family should be doing.

Death is always horrible to deal with, and the family should grieve, yes, but after death it has always been my thought that it's perhaps easier to move on if you look at the wonderful. The Family should grieve their loss, but should also celebrate the life Bernhard enjoyed, and the lives they have all been given.
Well, I guess they made photos of Amalia´s birthday. But only in private and probably not in a as happy mood as they would have been, if Bernhard would have been still alive. IMO to make them in private is in this case the right way. It´s not too stressful for only 1 year old Amalia and the people can´t complain, that they haven´t respected the "mourning time"

Lena said:
Well, I guess they made photos of Amalia´s birthday. But only in private and probably not in a as happy mood as they would have been, if Bernhard would have been still alive. IMO to make them in private is in this case the right way. It´s not too stressful for only 1 year old Amalia and the people can´t complain, that they haven´t respected the "mourning time"
It is their choice whether to make it public or private as far as pictures go, and I agree as far as controversy it's probably better that they observe the official period of mourning. I just think it's silly to announce that as the reason they are not releasing photos of some sort as there are so many other arguments that can be used in my opinion.

At any rate, I hope Amalia enjoys what will probably be one of the few birthdays she actually gets to enjoy somewhat privately (not that she will remember of course!), as it will surely not happen all that often!

cheer.gif
Happy Birthday Princess Catharina Amalia
princess.gif

party-smiley-015.gif

Britters said:
It is their choice whether to make it public or private as far as pictures go, and I agree as far as controversy it's probably better that they observe the official period of mourning. I just think it's silly to announce that as the reason they are not releasing photos of some sort as there are so many other arguments that can be used in my opinion.

At any rate, I hope Amalia enjoys what will probably be one of the few birthdays she actually gets to enjoy somewhat privately (not that she will remember of course!), as it will surely not happen all that often!
yes, I like the observance of official mourning periods, it has something old fashioned and secure about it.

when she grows up she will probably develope the feel of a buffer zone around her and learn to enjoy her birthdays as much as if they were private

Little newsvideo of Amalia, video from 7 december in 'RTL Nieuws'.
Link: http://www.rtl.nl/actueel/rtlnieuws/video/ ,the little video (+/-30 sec) has the name 'Amalia een!' and is from 'Dinsdag 7 December'

For new pictures or videos we have to wait, at least until Christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Watcher said:
Little newsvideo of Amalia, video from 7 december in 'RTL Nieuws'.
Link: http://www.rtl.nl/actueel/rtlnieuws/video/ ,the little video (+/-30 sec) has the name 'Amalia een!' and is from 'Dinsdag 7 December'

Screenshots:
For new pictures or videos we have to wait, at least until Christmas.
Thanks for the pictures and the video link. This is such a difficult situation for children, being unable to fully understand the circumstance, yet seeing everyone they love so sad.

Amalia will be a great sister! How great for her!

A little question: why was Amalia brough in church by Laurentien and where did she stay before?

I must say that her language skills are coming along quite well. That was quite a nice little announcement that she posted on the site today. She´s quite intelligent. :)

Alexandria said:
Too bad Maxima's outfit ruins the pictures.
A couple of things I don't understand
... how come M's outfit is wrong?
... how come only two pic's of the next crown princess?

Like, where are "all the other pictures" of a birthday girl?

On another MB I picked up a query if Amalia's chubby cheeks are indicative of a chromosome deficiency ... did she inherit Dad's woe ?

hrhcp said:
On another MB I picked up a query if Amalia's chubby cheeks are indicative of a chromosome deficiency ... did she inherit Dad's woe ?
I wouldn't think so. Babies up until the age of 3 generally are chubby, especially around the cheeks. Plus, being a royal princess means that she's not really put on a restricted diet.

hrhcp said:
A couple of things I don't understand
... how come M's outfit is wrong?
... how come only two pic's of the next crown princess?

Like, where are "all the other pictures" of a birthday girl? QUOTE]

I personnaly don't like this outfit she is wearing.
Royal houses don't often release pictures of birthdays (except the first birthday of the future crown prince/crown princess, I think), and when they do it's just a couple. The other ones (took by the parents, etc) are kept private, which I consider normal, althouhg it is always great to see photos. Sometimes we can see photos of "other" birthdays for example if the family goes out for a walk (cf Infanta Cristina's 39th birthday, and Pablo's 2nd or 3rd).

Oooh, was Maxima wearing clothes? I didn't even notice! I only noticed the joyful smile on Dad's face and that beautiful baby laughing!

Amilia said:
http://www.catharinaamalia.nu/

If you want you can find here the stolen video of Princess Maxima

http://kroonprinses.startkabel.nl/k/kroonprinses/index.php?nr=1

Here you can find the video of the photoshoot in Italy

love xxx
Thanks Amilia. That video of Maxima and Catharina-Amalia is so sweet.:) I don't speak Spanish, but does anyone know what "Ajo" means, because Maxima said it a few times? I tried one of those internet translators and it said 'garlic', which I don't think she would be saying to her daughter. :p

Danielle said:
Thanks Amilia. That video of Maxima and Catharina-Amalia is so sweet.:) I don't speak Spanish, but does anyone know what "Ajo" means, because Maxima said it a few times? I tried one of those internet translators and it said 'garlic', which I don't think she would be saying to her daughter. :p
Ajo does mean garlic. However, she maybe imitating a sound that the baby makes. It really saddens me that someone would steal a private video and I felt like a terrible person watching it. Listening to Maxima speak Spanish, she really does not have a strong Argentinian accent.

Ennyllorac said:
Ajo does mean garlic. However, she maybe imitating a sound that the baby makes. It really saddens me that someone would steal a private video and I felt like a terrible person watching it. Listening to Maxima speak Spanish, she really does not have a strong Argentinian accent.
Thanks Ennyllorac.:) I know what you mean about watching the video. I felt terrible as well. I think I worded my previous comment badly; the mother-daughter relationship of C-A and Maxima was sweet. I guess seeing that makes them seem more 'normal'. But, the fact that it was a private video, a record of their daughter for only them to have, and was stolen, is just wrong and terribly sad.

Ennyllorac said:
Yes she was imitating baby noises & all those cute things we do with babies. She was also saying things like "no don't put your hands in your mouth", "how is mommy's beautiful little chubby one?", "what dones mommy's little chubbyone say?", "Does my little chubby one ("gorda" is a very sweet term of endearment in spanish usually used with kids) like to be in mommy's garden?"

Last edited:
Angel S. said:
Yes she was imitating baby noises & all those cute things we do with babies. She was also saying things like "no don't put your hands in your mouth", "how is mommy's beautiful little chubby one?", "what dones mommy's little chubbyone say?", "Does my little chubby one ("gorda" is a very sweet term of endearment in spanish usually used with kids) like to be in mommy's garden?"
Thank you very much Angel S. :) Also, does anyone know how old she (C-A) was in the video?

Thank you Amilia for the video!!
Máxima is and will be a very good Mother: she's tender and very sweet with Amalia!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom