Princess Catharina-Amalia, News and Pictures 1 (December 2003 - January 2005)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amalia is the name of an ancestor of Willem-Alexander
Beatrix- not very difficult,the Queen and her grandmother
Carmen- Maxima´s mother,her grandmother
Victoria- because they liked it and perhaps after her godmother CP Victoria of Sweden

Catharina?

liv said:
Amalia is the name of an ancestor of Willem-Alexander
Beatrix- not very difficult,the Queen and her grandmother
Carmen- Maxima´s mother,her grandmother
Victoria- because they liked it and perhaps after her godmother CP Victoria of Sweden

Catharina?
Catharina perhaps from Catharina Belgica(1578-1648), daughter of Prince Willem I of Orange and Charlotte de Bourbon-Montpensier.

Amalia perhaps because Amalia van Solms (1602-1675), wife of Frederik Hendrik. They had btw. a daughter with the name Henriëtte Catharina (1637-1708.

But I guess they just like the names.

Btw, I am sure the name Victoria is from Victoria of Sweden. The last name of Prince Willem-Alexander is also from a godparent, Ferdinand von Bismarck.

Catharina-Amalia's Name

Full Name: Catharina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria

1. Catharina - Although her ancestors carried this name, she was not named after any of them.

2. Amalia - Like the name Catharina, many of her ancestors carried this name, however she was not named after any of them.

3. Beatrix - This name was given in honour of her paternal grandmother, Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands.

4. Carmen - This name was given in honour of her maternal grandmother, Carmen Cerruti Zorreguieta.

5. Victoria - Her father, Prince Willem-Alexander, said her birth was a "victory." So he named her after the latin word for victory, which is Victoria.

(Translation from BRMB)
[font=verdana, arial]FLAG INSTRUCTION ON BEHALF OF THE BIRTHDAY OF HER ROYAL HIGHNESS PRINCESS CATHARINA-AMALIA

The minister-president has, after consultation in the council of ministers, issued a flag-instruction for the occasion of the birthday of Her Royal Highness Princess Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands, the coming 7th of December.

This instruction means that the Netherlands flag with orange pennant is waved from all government buildings and from the buildings of all services, institutions and other legal bodies which come under the Government.

The minister of the Interior and Kingdom's Relations shall ask the provinces and municipalities do follow this instruction as well. The minister of Foreign Affairs shall make a similar appeal to all foreign diplomatic represenations in the Netherlands. This flag-instruction is not meant for private persons, enterprises and institutions. They can follow the same instruction if desired. RVD, 26.11.2004

[/font]

it is soon her very first birthday

how a year can go so fast

do you think we will see some photos

Yes, I think so, Josephine!

There will be an documentary about Maxima in december and the Dutch people are allowed to show flags on the birthday of Amalia.
And because they have a kind of contract with the press, I'm sure they will give a photo-oppurtunity to satisfy the journalists.

royal_sophietje said:
Yes, I think so, Josephine!

There will be an documentary about Maxima in december and the Dutch people are allowed to show flags on the birthday of Amalia.
And because they have a kind of contract with the press, I'm sure they will give a photo-oppurtunity to satisfy the journalists.
I hope there will be new pictures of the little princess soon.
Maybe she can walk already :eek:
Somebody here who knows when is the baptism of Samuel (son of Bernhard jr.) will take place? I guess CA will be there also, just like the baptism of Claus-Casimir.

Wow...the flag waving thing is a bit...big for a birthday of a one year-old.

Well, I hope there will be pictures of little Amalia. (Maybe Maxima has learnt to hold her...:))

Set of pics put together by Colourpress on the occasion of Princess Catharine Amalia's first birthday.

What a cute and chubby baby!!! She's turn out to be a beauty like her mother. Hail to the future Queen of Holland...

Attachments

• COLOUR10077322.jpg
    COLOUR10077322.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 477
  • COLOUR10077323.jpg
    COLOUR10077323.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 652
  • COLOUR10077324.jpg
    COLOUR10077324.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 464
  • COLOUR10077325.jpg
    COLOUR10077325.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 436
  • COLOUR10077321.jpg
    COLOUR10077321.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 588
Second Set of pics put together by Colourpress on the occassion of Princess Catherina Amalia's upcoming first birthday

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 380
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 494
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 396
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 370
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 400
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 391
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 389
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 406
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 518
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 525
While she's a cute baby-she really doesn't ever seem like a happy baby to me...I'm sure it's just because there's a lot going on around her when she's out in the public and so it might frighten her a bit, but I honestly don't think I've ever seen her smiling or anything like that.

moosey60 said:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=60258

Huh...was she trying to drop Amalia? Amalia didn't look very amused. Although, Willem Alexander and Beatrix looked very happy...maybe they didn't notice. :p
Many times it looks like Maxima isn't good at holding Amalia while W-A is, ironic isn't it?;)

However, in the picture it looks like Amalia is squirming out of her mommy's hands, perhaps she didn't like the idea of posing for the camera:p

Silly me, I had my dates mixed up. :p

Last edited:
kinneret5764 said:
Already one year. Happy Birthday!
well, not quite yet. Amalia was born on Dec. 7th ;) I can't believe that it has been almost a year. I remember sitting glued to my computer the whole day waiting for the announcement of the birth. My how time flies...

[font=verdana, arial]
[font=verdana, arial]Posted by henri m. on BRMB:[/font]

----------------------------
[font=verdana, arial]Princess Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands[/font][font=verdana, arial]

[font=verdana, arial]From today's 'De Telegraaf':

WASSENAAR - Princess Catharina-Amalia will become 1 years old on Tuesday. The daughter of Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Máxima was born in the Bronovo-hospital in The Hague.

After her father she is the first in the line of succession, so it is almost for sure that she will be the next reigning Queen of the Netherlands.

Because of the death of her great-grandfather Prince Bernhard, there will be no flag-flying to honour the young Princess. The flags are still hanging half-mast for Prince Bernhard.

The very healthy looking almost-toddler could be seen on the steps of Soestdijk Palace, where she waved goodbye to her great-grandfather, seated on her father's arm. The father was whispering in the little Princess' ears and she made a succesful wave.

Despite the sad days for the House of Orange-Nassau, the first birthday of the little Hereditary Princess of Orange will not pass by totally unnoticed.

The Reverend C.A. ter Linden, emeritus minister of the Kloosterkerk in The Hague, who 'did' the marriage of the Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, the funeral of Prince Claus as well the baptism of Princess Catharina-Amalia, has given a poem for the little Hereditary Princess of Orange, who will celebrate her first birthday coming december 7th.
On december 7th everybody can call the special Line of Poems (0909 4334248). The Reverend C.A. ter Linden can be heard, while reading the poem.

"It is such a wonderful poem. It is called 'Here I am'. A child wakes up in this world, looks around and watches itself, full of amazement about everything it sees and feels" so told the reverend minister friday.

"Princess Máxima did read this poem during the baptism service on Het Loo Palace, for Claus-Casimir, the little son of Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien. It is written by Johanna Klink, a preacher, who wrote a lot about how to engage children and their parents in Faith. The poem comes from her album 'The House of Light'. The reverend minister will also officiate in the funeral service for Prince Bernhard, Saturday in a week. Not for any moment he has thought to cancel this poem for Princess Catharina-Amalia. Both the reverend minister as the Line of Poems find this unnecessary: both things go together very well. The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima do try, despite all the overhwelming interest in their daughter, to give her a youth as normal as possible. Especially the Prince is fearful that Princess Catharina-Amalia, if she is too often intrused and pursued by cameras and media, will develop an aversion against media and lock herself up, by way of speaking. That is no good development for her future role. The Prince finds that his daughter must be able to gain the normal experiences of life. Princess Máxima hopes that her daughter is granted the freedom to have a normal education and upbringing, to remain her own self and be able to learn many people in all calmness. [/font]
[/font]
[/font]

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to read that poem, does anybody know a link to it, and would be willing to translate it into English?

The pic of Amalia waving is really cute and touching. I think that it's nice to have a small lighthearted moment for such a somber occasion.

Happy Birthday to Her Royal Highness Princess Catharina Amalia.

Here are a few pics of her from last year...:)

Attachments

• Prinses Amalia 2812039281.jpg
    Prinses Amalia 2812039281.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 145
  • Prinses Amalia 1703049.jpg
    Prinses Amalia 1703049.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 191
  • Prinses Amalia 100704518.jpg
    Prinses Amalia 100704518.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 171
  • Prinses Amalia 120604938.jpg
    Prinses Amalia 120604938.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 503
  • Prinses Amalia 170304973.jpg
    Prinses Amalia 170304973.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 295
  • Prinses Amalia 170304984.jpg
    Prinses Amalia 170304984.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 191
  • Prinses Amalia 0906046712 k.jpg
    Prinses Amalia 0906046712 k.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 194
  • Prinses Amalia 09070451782.jpg
    Prinses Amalia 09070451782.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 180
  • Prinses Amalia 120604938691.jpg
    Prinses Amalia 120604938691.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 171
  • muntje-08.jpg
    muntje-08.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Today is Catharina Amalia's birthday
Let's make her a cake.
Mix and stir, stir and mix
Then into the oven to bake.

Here's the cake so nice and round,
We ice it red, blue and white.
We put one candle on it
To make the birthday bright.

Happy birthday, Princess Catharina Amalia!

Happy birthday to Amalia! We hope she has a great day :)

Gosh, Amalia one already!

Like Gabriella, I remember totally being glued to my computer on this day last year awaiting for news of her birth.

Here's a review of some threads around here on Amalia's birth:
A Girl for Willem and Maxima: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1423&page=1 (aka the waiting thread!)

New birth coin: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1840&page=1

Baptism of Amalia: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2257&page=1

A very happy birthday to Amalia!

Happy birthday little princess with the cutest chubby cheeks ever seen.

Nice poem, GrandDuchess

Aren´t there any new pics?I thought there will be some official pics, perhaps it is just delayed because of Prince Bernhard´s death...

liv said:
Aren´t there any new pics?I thought there will be some official pics, perhaps it is just delayed because of Prince Bernhard´s death...
They wanted to publish new pictures of the little princess, but because Prince Bernhard's death it will not happen.

From the BRMB:

Poem that can be heard at the Gedichtenlijn all day long (0909 4334248) chosen for Amalia and read by Ds Carel ter Linden. The poem itself was written by Joanna Klink.

Hier ben ik

Hier ben ik en ik sta op de grond
De aarde draagt mij
Daarom sta ik vast
Ik mag er zijn

Ik sta rechtop net als een boom
Ik ben al groot en groei omhoog
van de aarde naar de hemel

Mijn eigen plek waarop ik sta is klein
Maar wat een ruimte om mij heen
Het lijkt wel eindeloos

Onder mijn voeten is het hard
Om mijn hoofd is het zacht
De lucht die ik adem
Altijd genoeg om te leven

En ik kijk uit mijn ogen
En zie de wereld in het licht
Dichtbij en ver kan ik alles zien
En als ik mijn ogen sluit kan ik wat dichtbij is voelen

Mijn handen raken het aan
En ik hoor de geluiden van de mensen en van de vogels
en van de wind die blaast langs het raam

Ik sta niet stil maar kan me bewegen
Ik ben geen boom
Ik loop ergens naar toe
Soms weet ik de weg
soms niet

Hier ben ik
Dat kan ik zeggen
En ik weet dat ik leef
En ik leer de namen van alle dingen Maar weet ik ook waarom ik hier ben?
Of betekent leven dat geheim ontdekken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom