Prince Pieter-Christiaan and Prince Floris, News and Pictures 1 (July 2003-Apr 2005)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More pictures of Floris (with girlfriend): Pictures

More pictures of Pieter-Christiaan (with girlfriend): Pictures

Btw. Both princes have a long relationship with these ladies. But I have no idea how long exactly. But I would not be suprised if one prince or both will wed next year. :flower:

Originally posted by The Watcher@May 11th, 2004 - 3:22 pm

Btw. Both princes have a long relationship with these ladies. But I have no idea how long exactly. But I would not be suprised if one prince or both will wed next year. :flower:
Thanks for the links and the information, The Watcher.

If either Pieter-Christiann or Floris were to wed, how grand might the wedding be? On par with the weddings their brothers Maurits and Bernhard Jr. had (factoring in that they each ask for government consent), or will it be a relatively low-key, private affair with or without government consent?

Just looking at the links to Peter Smulders provided, Floris' girlfriend is quite pretty. She reminds me a bit of his sister-in-law Annette with her eyes and smile.

On www.petersmulders.nl are pictures from Prince Bernhard, Princess Annette, Prince Maurits, Prince Pieter-Christiaan and girlfriend, and Prince Floris with girlfriend. The pictures were make in Amsterdam on 20 mai. Catherina Zeta-Johns are there for making a film, and the princes and the princesses looking!!

Sorry for my bad english, but i hope you can understand!

Originally posted by Alexandria+May 12th, 2004 - 12:30 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alexandria @ May 12th, 2004 - 12:30 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-The Watcher@May 11th, 2004 - 3:22 pm

Btw. Both princes have a long relationship with these ladies. But I have no idea how long exactly. But I would not be suprised if one prince or both will wed next year.  :flower:

If either Pieter-Christiann or Floris were to wed, how grand might the wedding be? On par with the weddings their brothers Maurits and Bernhard Jr. had (factoring in that they each ask for government consent), or will it be a relatively low-key, private affair with or without government consent?

Just looking at the links to Peter Smulders provided, Floris' girlfriend is quite pretty. She reminds me a bit of his sister-in-law Annette with her eyes and smile. [/b][/quote]
It will be a private wedding, and they do not need permission of the government. They even don't have to ask!! As they are no more in the line of the throne anymore, it isn't needed

Originally posted by konan@Jun 8th, 2004 - 3:56 pm
I can't find them. On what keyword are you searching?
you can search for "floris" or "pieter christiaan"

there were some photos of Pieter-Christiaan and Anita, they are called:

"Amsterdam 15 mei 2004
Prins Pieter Christiaan bij Amstel Hotel met zijn vriendin voor besprekingen huwelijk"

something like

"Prince Pieter Christiaan at Amstel Hotel with his girlfriend to conference about wedding"

:shock: :blink:

had anyone heard, that they are engaged?

Liefdespaar betrapt bij huwelijksbesprekingen:
Prins Pieter-Christiaan trouwt zijn Anita!
Het volgende Oranje-huwelijk is in aantocht! Prins PIETER CHRISTIAAN zal trouwen met zijn vriendin ANITA VAN EIJK!Hoewel hij zijn vriendin lang voor de buitenwereld verborgen wist te houden, kan STORY u melden dat de derde zoon van prinses MARGRIET en PIETER VAN VOLLENHOVEN over niet al te lange tijd in het huwelijk zal treden! Het ultieme bewijs: op een zonnig Amsterdams terras nam het stel luid en duidelijk de huwelijksplannen door!

:blink: :doh: :doh: :shock:

???

had anyone heard/read something?

Yes, i've read it in story!! They were speaking with the manager of the Amstel Hotel in Amsterdam, i thought! I don't know it's sure, because the story is a 'roddelblad'. You can find the pictures on www.petersmulders.nl. Here are a pair pictures. Anita wears a red shirt and prince Pieter-Christiaan a blue. Sorry, but i don't know how i can post the pictures!

Originally posted by hanni@Jun 8th, 2004 - 6:23 pm
You can find the pictures on www.petersmulders.nl. Here are a pair pictures. Anita wears a red shirt and prince Pieter-Christiaan a blue. Sorry, but i don't know how i can post the pictures!

I've seen them too

but at www.koninklijkhuis.nl wasn't anything to find

:unsure: :doh: :wacko:

I'm looking forward for news

yes, but it's not official!! They are not engaged!! I don't know when it is comming, but i think in this year!!

can someone post the link to the pictures? i wasnt able to see anything in the link posted above.

There are also rumors of an eminent engagement of Prince Floris to his Amee.

Originally posted by bibi@Jun 8th, 2004 - 9:02 pm
can someone post the link to the pictures? i wasnt able to see anything in the link posted above.

here

:flower:

NO but there were guests at the hotel who heared them speak about marriage arrangements, so the rumour is going.

My husband just read me an article in the newspaper that Floris and Pieter Christiaan will bring their girlfriends Anita and Aimee to the royal christening of Amalia. It is again a step forward to a marriage. You can see that also in the royal house the rules are chanching. In the past it was impossible to went in public together when they weren't engaged.

I also heard that Floris and Anita are living together in his appartment in Amsterdam. For the crown prince it was impossible to live unmarried together with Maxima. Although they certainly spent most time together, but have 2 official houses. But Constantijn and Laurentien lived umarried together in Brussels, and there never was a discussion about it. Apparently it isn't a big deal when you live outside the country and the spotlight.

Originally posted by royal_sophietje+Jun 8th, 2004 - 9:56 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (royal_sophietje @ Jun 8th, 2004 - 9:56 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Alexandria@May 12th, 2004 - 12:30 am
<!--QuoteBegin-The Watcher
@May 11th, 2004 - 3:22 pm

Btw. Both princes have a long relationship with these ladies. But I have no idea how long exactly. But I would not be suprised if one prince or both will wed next year.  :flower:

Just looking at the links to Peter Smulders provided, Floris' girlfriend is quite pretty. She reminds me a bit of his sister-in-law Annette with her eyes and smile.
It will be a private wedding, and they do not need permission of the government. They even don't have to ask!! As they are no more in the line of the throne anymore, it isn't needed [/b][/quote]
If they intend to keep their rights of sucession they do indeed to seek premission. A failure to seek (and gain) premission would also affect their titles.

Their rights were not affected by the birth of Princess Amalia. They retain their rights and titles so long as they are within 2 degrees of kinship to the monarch. The monarch is Beatrix and they are within the required 2 degrees to hold their titles and succession rights. Until they fall further than three degrees they remain unaffected by new births. It is only death/s of the monarch and ascension of the heir that will affect their position.

The law was changed from 3 degrees to 2 in 2002.

They will retain their succession rights, titles and position in the Royal House until The Prince of Orange becomes King. An exception was made for Princess Margariet to remain Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau due to her long service (she is Princess of Lippe-Bisterfeld anyway).

If they had lost their succession rights they would not be Princes any longer unless another arrangement was made for them (as was done for Prince Friso).

They are still in line to the throne, they still have titles, and are still members of the Royal House they still need parlamentary concent if they intend to retain these.

Prince Friso, Princess Mable, Princess Irene, Princess Chrisina their offspring and children-in-law are also members of the royal family but not members of the royal House.

So, The weddings of Prince Floris and Prince Pieter-Christian will be sufficently grand (and public) like the weddings of Prince Bernhard and Prince Martius and I suspect as much even if they were not so seek consent they would be grand as Prince Friso had a grand wedding anyway.

The current succession is:

The Prince of Orange
Princess Catharina-Amalia
Prince Constantijn
Countess Eloise
Count Claus-Casimir
Princess Margriet
Prince Maurits
Prince Bernhard jr.
Prince Pieter-Christiaan
Prince Floris

Why would Floris be living with Anita when she is PC's GF?

Prince Bernhard and Princess Annette also lived together for quite a while before getting married with no fuss made.

Sorry, they are not really much in public and papers the young Vollenhovens. So It's hard for me to know who is who. It reveals to me that their girlfriends are really the same kind of type. Brown long hair and ladylike charming. The 4 Vollenhoveboys has the same taste about women.

Yes, I agree they seem to have made excellent choices with their relationships. I just wish this was true of The Queen's sons, as well.

thanks for the pics patje! It's not everyday that we get to see Pieter-Christiaan. Or Prince Floris for that matter.

Oops, it is not yet on this thread here. Prince Pieter-Christiaan has a new job since 1 september 2004. He is now Major in the Royal Military Constabulary (Marechaussee). He was before that already Major in the Royal Military Constabulary Reserve (since 1992)

PC_tcm6-39797.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom