Prince Maurits, Princess Marilène and Family, News and Pictures 1 (Jun 2004-Feb 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Photofan,

As daughters in law to HM, Maxima, Laurentien and Mabel would think a thousand times before embarrassing HM by pulling out their breasts in public. JMO.

Paloma,

thanks for clarify that.... and I respect your opinion but I not share it..

To reflect, Marilene was photographed in a private place. This was a severe invasion of her privacy. I think that the Dutch Royal family is waking up to realities of what the British Royal family had to face with William and Harry. They will have to make a "deal" with the news agencies and have their children photographed at intermediate intervals to assuage the public interest. This is the only way that these grandchildren of the Dutch monarch and HRH Princess Margriet will get a balance of a "semi-normal" life.
Linda 85

Where are the pictures? Have you seen them?

It's not like Maurits and Bernhard have many royal duties. If they are that damn adamant about being private, then renounce their places in succession like their brothers did and move on with their lives. They will be an afterthought. If they are no longer in line to the throne, then most people will probably not have much of an interest in their families. The attention will be directed towards HM Queen Beatrix's children.

The issue of Marilene's privacy being invaded is ridiculous. She may have been nursing in a place that she thought was private, but unless you are in your own private home, you risk the possibility of being seen doing whatever! She knew the risks when she decided to whip out her boob outside of her home!

In today's society, celebrities and royals know that magazines and newspapers see them as a way to make big profits, so why give them a reason by doing something like this in public. Whatever is done outside of the home could possibly be used to reap revenue, so why help them out. This is just reality even though people may not like it.

Last edited:
How many children does the Queen have? Which one is the one that is no longer a prince due to his marriage to someone whose background was not acceptable to the Dutch? Sorry about being so uninformed...

Roxsteve said:
How many children does the Queen have? Which one is the one that is no longer a prince due to his marriage to someone whose background was not acceptable to the Dutch? Sorry about being so uninformed...

The Queen has three sons. Prince Willem-Alexander, Prince Johan-Frisco and Prince Constanjin. Prince Maurits is the son of her sister, Princess Margriet. Prince Johan Frisco is the one who you are referring to. You can read about him in the thread dedicated to him and his wife.

HM has three sons, Willem Alexander(Maxima), Johan Friso(Mabel) and Constantijn(Laurentien). Johan Friso had to renounce his place in succession due to his and his fiance's lying to the govt. about her alledged involvement with a gangster.

Last edited:
paloma said:
It's not like Maurits and Bernhard have many royal duties. If they are that damn adamant about being private, then renounce their places in succession like their brothers did and move on with their lives. They will be an afterthought. If they are no longer in line to the throne, then most people will probably not have much of an interest in their families. The attention will be directed towards HM Queen Beatrix's children.

I don't think things would work out quite this way. It's sort of like unringing a bell. Maurits and Bernhard Jr. have been part of the monarchy since they were born. Marilene and Annette have been part of the monarchy since 1998 and 2000 when they married respectively. The media has been interested in these two couples and their families for the last 5-7 years. Even if they both renounced their rights to the throne right this second, that doesn't mean the media interest in them would end that second. The media has been following them around for so long that they can't just stop suddenly.

Consider what has happened with Johan Friso and Mabel. He renounced his right to the throne when he married Mabel but there is still interest in him and Mabel and Luana.

paloma said:
The issue of Marilene's privacy being invaded is ridiculous. She may have been nursing in a place that she thought was private, but unless you are in your own private home, you risk the possibility of being seen doing whatever! She knew the risks when she decided to whip out her boob outside of her home!

In today's society, celebrities and royals know that magazines and newspapers see them as a way to make big profits, so why give them a reason by doing something like this in public. Whatever is done outside of the home could possibly be used to reap revenue, so why help them out. This is just reality even though people may not like it.

Privacy for famous people is not quite this clear cut. Just because a celebrity is in his or her home doesn't mean that they are completly free of paparazzi intrusion. When you look at tabloids how many pictures do you see of celebrities in their backyard or through the window of their kitchen or living room or whatever?

As far as Marilene was concerned, and as Marengo has pointed out, she was in a private garden. If the garden is private isn't that like a home that is private? It would be a different matter if she was nursing in a public park, then I would say that it's ridiculous of her to expect any privacy. But this garden is from what I understand, like a garden in her backyard so shouldn't she expect privacy there?

paloma said:
Photofan,

As daughters in law to HM, Maxima, Laurentien and Mabel would think a thousand times before embarrassing HM by pulling out their breasts in public. JMO.

Just because they are the daughters in law of the Queen make them no more or less moral than the daughters in law of the Queen's sister.

Maxima smoked openly in front of an infant Eloise. I would say that that is by far worst than Marilene doing something so natural as nursing her baby, especially since Marilene was not exposing any private parts, while Maxima was exposing a defenceless baby to harmful second hand smoke.

As far as this baby and smoking situation. If Laurentien and Constantijn had such a problem with smoking in front of their child, they would have removed the baby from the situation. Obviously, this is not the first time that the royals have smoked in front of children. I think that they probably have a very liberal attitude towards smoking, unfortunately. Second hand smoke is just as damaging as smoking itself. It says a lot about the two royal couples to not respect the health of an infant.

Some of us will never agree about the Marilene and nursing photo, and that's okay. We are all entitled to our opinions. However, I bet Marilene does not open her blouse outside of her home again.

paloma said:
I bet Marilene does not open her blouse outside of her home again.

:D That's correct!

well said paloma...should laurentien and constanjin had a prob they should have told maxima not to smoke next to their babay. if they let her it was ok for them, so it should, it has to be ok for us. she was not putting the smoke in eloise's mouth after all!

as for marilene, although she was in a private garden, she ought to know how much paparazzi like her and her family. i think they are the most photographed of the dutch royals, as i think they are, were?, the most accessible. so she should have thought about it twice befor strting breastfeeding her baby in an outdoor place. she's a princess, a VERY photographed princess, and that means she has positive but also negative things she'll have to face. so in a way it's her fault cause she knows the situation with the paparazzi. i like mauritis and marilene and their jolly little family, but they are public ppl, so breastfeeding outdoors does not seem a good idea if u dont want to end up on the front page of prive....

I don't understand the riff-raff by the public. A woman is breastfeeding...okay, what's wrong with that? Obviously she's caring for her child and feeding the baby. Maybe some people see it as inappropriate because it might have sexual overtones because of nudity, but breastfeeding is a natural thing. Here in the US, you cannot be told not to breastfeed if you are in a public place. It's considered to be a woman's right to be able to feed her child in a public place. The tabloids are just looking for a way to make money and sell their publications. I find it disgusting that they can turn a nurturing act like breastfeeding seem like something inappropriate and distasteful.

Moonlightrhapsody said:
I don't understand the riff-raff by the public.

Well, as far as I know there isn't much riff-raff about it here in Holland. At the moment there is a little public debate going on about breastfeeding in public (I don't think that has anything to do with this picture of Marilene, it's just a coincidence, I guess) and I heard them talking about 'breastfeeding in public, possible or not?' on the radio just yesterday. They were taking a little poll on the internet and as a matter of fact almost 85% of the people who participated in that poll didn't have any trouble with women breastfeeding in public.

I think it's just a shame that people should take pictures of a woman doing that (and I don't care if it's Marilene, Britney Spears or anyone else who leads a relatively public life) and sell them to a magazine such as Privé. That's beyond good taste, imo.

happy birthday a little Lucas!!!! he is 3 years old.

Happy birthday little one!!!!

have a nice day full of presents:)

New family photos of Prince Maurits, Princess Marilene, Anna(4), Lucas(3) and Felicia(6mo.).

www.royalimages.nl

A perfect, adorable family. I just love Anna and little Felicia is also growing cuter by the day. My favorite photo would have to be the one with Lucas kissing his baby sister...:Heart:

Attachments

• RI091101.jpg
    RI091101.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 300
  • RI091103.jpg
    RI091103.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 302
  • RI091104.jpg
    RI091104.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 211
  • RI091105.jpg
    RI091105.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 230
  • RI091106.jpg
    RI091106.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
Thanks for posting these lovely images, this is one of my favourite young families of the moment actually. Lucas seems to be enjoying his role of older brother already :)

pdas1201 said:
New family photos of Prince Maurits, Princess Marilene, Anna(4), Lucas(3) and Felicia(6mo.).

www.royalimages.nl

A perfect, adorable family. I just love Anna and little Felicia is also growing cuter by the day. Also, my favorite photo would have to be the one with Lucas kissing his baby sister...:Heart:

lovely... lovely... very lovely, pdas1201 ! thank you...:) :)
the ones with maurits & marilene similar with the one they had for their engagement.
i think this photo session is a part of their agreement with press (similar to WA & Maxima's) ?

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics !!! It's a cute family!!!!:)

What a great photo shoot. They really are a lovely family with the most adorable children. I can't believe that Felicia is already 6 months old. :eek:

Thanx for posting those lovely images, but does anyone have them bigger? :)

Maurits and Marilene make the covers of 2 boulevard magazines this week: 'Prive' and 'Weekend'. Last week the couple made the cover of Weekend as well.
According to 'Weekend' Marilene is quitting her job to stay with her children. Prive talks about a new challenge for Maurits and Marilene. Prive (or mr Santegoeds) seems to continue their vendetta with the Prince of Orange and his wife and made an article about how many maroccans are working on the estate of the crownprince (none).

Attachments

• cover_2005_46.jpg
    cover_2005_46.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 173
  • cover46.jpg
    cover46.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
When is Felicia going to be christened? She was born earlier this year in May.

Last edited:
12 december: Maurits, Marilene, PC and Anita by a concert...

Attachments

• asd.jpg
    asd.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 265
leon said:
12 december: Maurits, Marilene, PC and Anita by a concert...

i love the vollenhovens more & more now...
they look great on official events, very cheerful & definitely posess lots of charms, and to see them, having good relationship with siblings & in-laws.. that's so sweet...
we also see maurits & marilene & their children go to a park with bernhard & annette & their children, sometime with pc & floris...
what a close family...

When will be the christening of Felicia? Does anyone knows something about this??

Royalsa said:
When will be the christening of Felicia? Does anyone knows something about this??

no anouncement yet. i recall the cousin baptisms arent usually anounced until shortly before.

of course M and M's kids have had both protestant and catholic baptisms so maybe felicia has already been baptized in the catholic church.

i'm doubting it already happened with no announcement. how long did it take for her brother and sister's baptism?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom