Prince Maurits, Princess Marilène and Family, News and Pictures 1 (Jun 2004-Feb 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great pictures Tina! Thanks.

Anna looks like she is adapting to life with a little sister quite well!:)

:D Here is a great example of living your live as commoners in the capitol of oure country but they are still family to oure queen. You don't have to live in a castle with securitypeople around you!

Lovely photos, and lovely to see! They all look so happy.

dutch royal said:
:D Here is a great example of living your live as commoners in the capitol of oure country but they are still family to oure queen. You don't have to live in a castle with securitypeople around you!

I didn't realize that they don't have security people around all the time. That is amazing and so nice to hear. Apart from a few pesty photographers, it sounds like they can pretty well get on with their lives as they please. Good for them!

From last week...

Source: Colourpress

Attachments

• COLOUR10238399.jpg
    COLOUR10238399.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 381
  • COLOUR10238400.jpg
    COLOUR10238400.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 327
  • COLOUR10238401.jpg
    COLOUR10238401.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 317
  • COLOUR10238398.jpg
    COLOUR10238398.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 267
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx for all these lovely pics. I dont know whos the most adorable: Anna, Lucas, Felicia or Maurits ;)

As I am living in Amsterdam myself right now I am wondering in which part of the city the couple lives. In Oud-Zuid probably?

:p :p Some time ago i saw the adress of marilene and maurits and there family
Here it is, i am not sure if it is the right one but....

Maurits and marilene
Palestinastraat 24-26
1071 LG Amsterdam

:D :D

:D :D Here is the other adress of bernhard and annette also.

bernhard en annette
van breestraat 106
1071 zt amsterdam

Marilène at Cover of Weekend

Attachments

• Marilene_gr.jpg
    Marilene_gr.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 229
  • cover_weekend_bew.jpg
    cover_weekend_bew.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 222
Thanks for the photos, Tina! Anna and Lucas are getting so big! Felicia is absolutely beautiful. I'm loving her full head of dark hair. I was just wondering the other day when we'd get to see new pictures of her. :)

allthingsroyal.nl

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 257
  • FELICIA5.jpg
    FELICIA5.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 158
  • Maurits_slaapt_bij_Margriet.jpg
    Maurits_slaapt_bij_Margriet.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 267
  • FELICIA1.jpg
    FELICIA1.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 165
  • 01FELICIA3.jpg
    01FELICIA3.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
Great pictures Tina! Little Anna looks adorable, tears and all (and she looks like she's crying quite hard!)

Gabriella said:
Felicia is absolutely beautiful. I'm loving her full head of dark hair. I was just wondering the other day when we'd get to see new pictures of her. :)

Where did you see new pictures of Felecia? Are they in the new links that Tina posted? Am I missing something?! :confused:

Alexandria said:
Where did you see new pictures of Felecia? Are they in the new links that Tina posted? Am I missing something?! :confused:

there was just the red baby carriage

Attachments

• Weekend.JPG
    Weekend.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 513
  • Marilene_zwanger_bew.jpg
    Marilene_zwanger_bew.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 1,828
Last edited:

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00145908.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00145908.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 406
  • broers groep Jan-groot.jpg
    broers groep Jan-groot.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 504
  • pre-SEEGER00036580.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00036580.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 262
  • pre-SEEGER00019415.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00019415.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures Tina.:)

I like the one of Margriet with Marilene & Annette. I think that was taken right before Bernhard & Annette's wedding.

I was hoping that right before Pieter-Christiaan's wedding, we would get a new group photo of the ever expanding Van Vollenhoven family, but I guess it was not to be.:(

I am still hoping for te same, esp. of Queen Beatrix and her offspring. It was usual to do a session in the gardens of Huis ten Bosch every two years, but since the daughter-in-laws are there NO new familypictures were published. The queen should take a lesson from her belgian collegue, who poses eah year with his lovely and growing family. A family picture with all the members of the RF would be nice as well, remember the picture from the 70-ties (or 60-ties?) with the biritsh queen, her family,, Margaret and hers and many Kent relativves? It was one of the nicest familypictures I have ever seen.

Marengo said:
I am still hoping for te same, esp. of Queen Beatrix and her offspring. It was usual to do a session in the gardens of Huis ten Bosch every two years, but since the daughter-in-laws are there NO new familypictures were published. The queen should take a lesson from her belgian collegue, who poses eah year with his lovely and growing family. A family picture with all the members of the RF would be nice as well, remember the picture from the 70-ties (or 60-ties?) with the biritsh queen, her family,, Margaret and hers and many Kent relativves? It was one of the nicest familypictures I have ever seen.

It would be so nice to have a photo session of the lovely matriarch Beatrix with all of her offspring. Such a portrait would be perfect for her Jubilee year. But if not this year, maybe we can hope that for the Queen's 70th birthday, in 2008 we will see such a portrait. Wouldn't that be a nice birthday present for us, her "fans". :D

Yes, that picture of Queen Elizabeth with her family is a classic - you still see it published today! I agree Marengo, it would be fantastic to get a group photo of everyone. They seemed to have been popular in the 1970s ( maybe when the royal families of Europe were trying to present a more down to earth, "one big happy family" image).

Here are the only two group portraits I have seen of the Dutch RF. The B&W one I believe was taken Queensday 1976. The colour one is undated - perhaps late 1970s?

Were there any taken in the 1980s? the 1990s?

Photo sources: unknown

Attachments

• 1976 04 30 e.jpg
    1976 04 30 e.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 510
  • 2687181.jpg
    2687181.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 374
Thank you for the above pictures of Queen Juliana, Prince Bernhard, their daughters and grandchildren! :)

It seems to me that Queen Juliana, or perhaps it was Prince Bernhard, or both of them, were quite vigilant in their regular (not sure if they were annual or not, but frequent enough) photoshoots of themselves with their children and grandchildren. (More of the Queen and Prince with their grandchildren as the grandchildren became older I've noticed however.) They've become nice nostalgic reminders of the now grown princes and princesses -- sometimes we can even see their own children reflected in their own young faces.

While I know that Beatrix won't have nearly as many grandchildren as her mother did, I do hope that we can see some pictures of her with all of her sons, daughter-in-laws and grandchildren in the very near future. (It would've seemed reasonable and logical to have some taken in conjunction with the Queen's Silver Jubilee celebrations back in the spring, especially since some formal portraits were taken of the Queen herself.)

Princess Margriet seems to conduct such photoshoots every few years. There are many pictures of her and Pieter with all four of their sons, then with Maurits and Bernhard Jr. and their new wives, then with her grandchildren. Soon I hope we'll get ones of her and Pieter with their two other new daugher in laws and baby Felecia!

thanks Squidgy! Those pictures are indeed from the mid/late seventies, I think 1976 and 1978/1977, as princess Christina is shown wihout children in the first pic and only with her eldest son Bernardo in the second picture. I remember that in the 80-ties a familypicture was taken in 1987, on the occasion of the olden wedding of Juliana and Bernhard. In 1997 the same happened when they celebrated their diamond wedding and that picture was taken in Kenia. Sadly, I was unable to find these pictures.

I would like to see new pics of the van Vollenhoven clan as well, the last pictures of the family are very recent I think, so we probably have to wait for at least a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom