The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #201  
Old 10-03-2005, 09:20 PM
photofan's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: caracas, Venezuela
Posts: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by oskana
wrongly or rightly that just how i feel. yes it is my opinion. whats your point? i get the feeling that your not one to respect others opinion even though they disagree with u.
I didn't mean that, I was just clarifying that that's your opinion, and I respect everyone's opinion as yours too! everyone's opinion are welcome in the forums:)
__________________

  #202  
Old 10-03-2005, 10:27 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 156
No woman should be embarrassed to breast feed her child. However, there are better places to do it than others. If one is outside of the home, then try to find a restroom to do it discreetly. If you are in public and open your blouse to feed your child, then some people are going to look and stare, especially if you are part of a royal family. That is just reality. She should have thought carefully before breastfeeding in public. She HAD to have known that given the opportunity, papparazzi would shoot photos. I gaurantee you that Maxima, Laurentien and Mabel would never dream of nursing outside their homes.


Babies do eat often, but for nursing moms, there is a breast pump to pump milk. Milk is pumped so that you can feed your child without nursing in public. Sorry, but Marilene should be more careful. JMO
__________________

__________________
  #203  
Old 10-04-2005, 01:08 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: syracuse, United States
Posts: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by photofan
I didn't mean that, I was just clarifying that that's your opinion, and I respect everyone's opinion as yours too! everyone's opinion are welcome in the forums:)
i was confused as to what u meant....thank you for clarifying that:)
__________________
  #204  
Old 10-04-2005, 04:22 AM
Regina's Avatar
Serene Highness
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 1,646
I really agree with you Paloma, I couldn't say better!!
Breastfeeding is a natural thing, obviously, the woman breast exist for that. But of course it's Not a very regal thing in front of strangers. Maxima and Laurentien are only the ones who never would breastfeeding. I'm sure the Infantas of Spain wouldn't do that, or Letizia or Mathilde of Belgium, just to give some examples.


Quote:
Originally Posted by paloma
No woman should be embarassed to breast feed her child. However, there better places to do it than others. If one is outside of the home, then try to find a restroom to do it discreetly. If you are in public and open your blouse to feed your child, then some people are going to look and stare, especially if you are part of a royal family. That is just reality. She should have thought carefully before breastfeeding in public. She HAD to have known that given the opportunity, papparazzi would shoot photos. I gaurantee you that Maxima or Laurentien would never dream of nursing outside their homes.


Babies do eat often, but for nursing moms, there is a breast pump to pump milk. Milk is pumped so that you can feed your child without nursing in public. Sorry, but Marilene should be more careful. JMO
__________________
  #205  
Old 10-04-2005, 06:53 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgy
Ooops! I missed your original post where you stated that Marengo! I'm glad you re-stated it, because it is an important thing to clarify. But it doesn't change my opinion ... it only makes more convinced that her privacy was severely invaded.

Did Maurits & Marilene release an official/semi-official statement saying they were upset, or is it just something that is sort of rumoured?

And do they know how the picture was taken? Was it taken by a paparazzi photographer or was it taken by a neighbour who then sold it to Prive?
Henri M posted this on the Benelux Royal MB, apparently the RVD has (I cannot find it on the wesite of the Royal House btw):

'


Acording to the Rijksvoorlichtingdsienst (Government Information Agency / RVD) it is no longer allowed to publish pictures from the four sons of Prof. mr. P. van Vollenhoven and HRH Princess Margriet of the Netherlands.

Anyone who still publishes pictures of the four sons' families will be prosecuted. The RVD stresses that it is about pictures made in private circumstances. Prince Maurits and Prince Bernhard and their wives can be photographed when they appear on public events like Queen's Day.

According to a verdict by the European Court of Justice (the case Caroline de Monaco vs the State of Germany), pictures which only aim to satisfy the public with details out of the private lifesphere are not allowed. The RVD has created a 'Media Code' for the family of HRH The Prince of Orange but now they have decided that they will follow the same policy for the families of the four sons of Prof. mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven and Princess Margriet as well.'

So apparently they took action indeed!!
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #206  
Old 10-04-2005, 09:42 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
Henri M posted this on the Benelux Royal MB, apparently the RVD has (I cannot find it on the wesite of the Royal House btw):

'


Acording to the Rijksvoorlichtingdsienst (Government Information Agency / RVD) it is no longer allowed to publish pictures from the four sons of Prof. mr. P. van Vollenhoven and HRH Princess Margriet of the Netherlands.

Anyone who still publishes pictures of the four sons' families will be prosecuted. The RVD stresses that it is about pictures made in private circumstances. Prince Maurits and Prince Bernhard and their wives can be photographed when they appear on public events like Queen's Day.

According to a verdict by the European Court of Justice (the case Caroline de Monaco vs the State of Germany), pictures which only aim to satisfy the public with details out of the private lifesphere are not allowed. The RVD has created a 'Media Code' for the family of HRH The Prince of Orange but now they have decided that they will follow the same policy for the families of the four sons of Prof. mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven and Princess Margriet as well.'

So apparently they took action indeed!!
Thanks for the information Marengo.

I think that this is a good, protective mood for the entire van Vollenhoven family. Maurits and Bernhard Jr. already have young families but in the future Pieter-Christiaan and Floris will have young families that need to be protected from the paparazzi, too.

As someone else has already mentioned, as Willem, Constantijn and even Johan-Friso's children get older there will naturally be more interest in them as the Queen's grandchildren than Princess Margriet's grandchildren. But I think there will always be some small population who is interested in the lives of the van Vollenhoven grandchildren.

But personally I am a wee bit disappointed. It is very selfish of me to admit that I love the van Vollenhoven family and that I do enjoy looking at Peter Smulders' website for pictures of the young families going for walks or playing in the park. As neither Maurits and Mariiene or Bernhard Jr. and Annette do many royal engagements -- only one or two a year as far as I can think -- we'll hardly ever see them. :( But I understand and respect this decision.
__________________
  #207  
Old 10-04-2005, 10:01 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,225
I dont think this will end the pictures, Alexandria. Maxima and WA made a simular deal and still they were photographed during their holidays and t a fair in Wassenaar.

I do not think the magazines / paparazi will give their income away without a good fight, so they will probably continue publishing. Especially Prive-magazine has a problematic relationship with the RF and gets sued a lot.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #208  
Old 10-04-2005, 02:51 PM
photofan's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: caracas, Venezuela
Posts: 732
[QUOTE=paloma. I gaurantee you that Maxima or Laurentien would never dream of nursing outside their homes. JMO[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering why do you say that about Maxima and Laurentien? why are they different to Marilene??? I don't understand what you've meant... can you explain it to me?
  #209  
Old 10-04-2005, 04:08 PM
Squidgy's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
I think that this is a good, protective mood for the entire van Vollenhoven family. Maurits and Bernhard Jr. already have young families but in the future Pieter-Christiaan and Floris will have young families that need to be protected from the paparazzi, too ...
But personally I am a wee bit disappointed. It is very selfish of me to admit that I love the van Vollenhoven family and that I do enjoy looking at Peter Smulders' website for pictures of the young families going for walks or playing in the park. As neither Maurits and Mariiene or Bernhard Jr. and Annette do many royal engagements -- only one or two a year as far as I can think -- we'll hardly ever see them. :( But I understand and respect this decision.
I share the same feelings Alexandria - on the one hand, I feel sad that I will maybe be seeing fewer pictures of the younger members of the Van Vollenhoven clan, but on the other, I can certainly understand why they felt the need to make such a decision. I would hate for Marilene to get to the point where she cannot leave her house without being followed by the press. (Who knows, maybe she is already at this point.) And obviously, one wonders what kind of effect is this having on the children - to always have photographers trailing them?
__________________
  #210  
Old 10-04-2005, 04:24 PM
Squidgy's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
I do not think the magazines / paparazi will give their income away without a good fight, so they will probably continue publishing. Especially Prive-magazine has a problematic relationship with the RF and gets sued a lot.
Thanks for all of your information today Marengo. Yes, that is a problem - how to encourage constraint in the press, when it is so lucrative to publish these types of pictures. I guess what it boils down to is: when people stop buying the magazines that publish invasive pictures, the magazines will stop purchasing the pictures from paparazzi. But will that ever happen?
__________________
  #211  
Old 10-04-2005, 05:42 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 156
Photofan,

As daughters in law to HM, Maxima, Laurentien and Mabel would think a thousand times before embarrassing HM by pulling out their breasts in public. JMO.
__________________
  #212  
Old 10-04-2005, 06:11 PM
photofan's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: caracas, Venezuela
Posts: 732
Paloma,

thanks for clarify that.... and I respect your opinion but I not share it..
  #213  
Old 10-04-2005, 07:06 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: -, United States
Posts: 195
To reflect, Marilene was photographed in a private place. This was a severe invasion of her privacy. I think that the Dutch Royal family is waking up to realities of what the British Royal family had to face with William and Harry. They will have to make a "deal" with the news agencies and have their children photographed at intermediate intervals to assuage the public interest. This is the only way that these grandchildren of the Dutch monarch and HRH Princess Margriet will get a balance of a "semi-normal" life.
Linda 85
__________________
  #214  
Old 10-04-2005, 07:14 PM
Roxsteve's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Any City, United States
Posts: 665
Where are the pictures? Have you seen them?
__________________
  #215  
Old 10-04-2005, 07:17 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 156
It's not like Maurits and Bernhard have many royal duties. If they are that damn adamant about being private, then renounce their places in succession like their brothers did and move on with their lives. They will be an afterthought. If they are no longer in line to the throne, then most people will probably not have much of an interest in their families. The attention will be directed towards HM Queen Beatrix's children.


The issue of Marilene's privacy being invaded is ridiculous. She may have been nursing in a place that she thought was private, but unless you are in your own private home, you risk the possibility of being seen doing whatever! She knew the risks when she decided to whip out her boob outside of her home!

In today's society, celebrities and royals know that magazines and newspapers see them as a way to make big profits, so why give them a reason by doing something like this in public. Whatever is done outside of the home could possibly be used to reap revenue, so why help them out. This is just reality even though people may not like it.
__________________
  #216  
Old 10-04-2005, 07:33 PM
Roxsteve's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Any City, United States
Posts: 665
How many children does the Queen have? Which one is the one that is no longer a prince due to his marriage to someone whose background was not acceptable to the Dutch? Sorry about being so uninformed...
__________________
  #217  
Old 10-04-2005, 07:37 PM
Gabriella's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve
How many children does the Queen have? Which one is the one that is no longer a prince due to his marriage to someone whose background was not acceptable to the Dutch? Sorry about being so uninformed...
The Queen has three sons. Prince Willem-Alexander, Prince Johan-Frisco and Prince Constanjin. Prince Maurits is the son of her sister, Princess Margriet. Prince Johan Frisco is the one who you are referring to. You can read about him in the thread dedicated to him and his wife.
__________________
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars. ~ Les Brown
  #218  
Old 10-04-2005, 07:39 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 156
HM has three sons, Willem Alexander(Maxima), Johan Friso(Mabel) and Constantijn(Laurentien). Johan Friso had to renounce his place in succession due to his and his fiance's lying to the govt. about her alledged involvement with a gangster.
__________________
  #219  
Old 10-04-2005, 09:05 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by paloma
It's not like Maurits and Bernhard have many royal duties. If they are that damn adamant about being private, then renounce their places in succession like their brothers did and move on with their lives. They will be an afterthought. If they are no longer in line to the throne, then most people will probably not have much of an interest in their families. The attention will be directed towards HM Queen Beatrix's children.
I don't think things would work out quite this way. It's sort of like unringing a bell. Maurits and Bernhard Jr. have been part of the monarchy since they were born. Marilene and Annette have been part of the monarchy since 1998 and 2000 when they married respectively. The media has been interested in these two couples and their families for the last 5-7 years. Even if they both renounced their rights to the throne right this second, that doesn't mean the media interest in them would end that second. The media has been following them around for so long that they can't just stop suddenly.

Consider what has happened with Johan Friso and Mabel. He renounced his right to the throne when he married Mabel but there is still interest in him and Mabel and Luana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paloma
The issue of Marilene's privacy being invaded is ridiculous. She may have been nursing in a place that she thought was private, but unless you are in your own private home, you risk the possibility of being seen doing whatever! She knew the risks when she decided to whip out her boob outside of her home!

In today's society, celebrities and royals know that magazines and newspapers see them as a way to make big profits, so why give them a reason by doing something like this in public. Whatever is done outside of the home could possibly be used to reap revenue, so why help them out. This is just reality even though people may not like it.
Privacy for famous people is not quite this clear cut. Just because a celebrity is in his or her home doesn't mean that they are completly free of paparazzi intrusion. When you look at tabloids how many pictures do you see of celebrities in their backyard or through the window of their kitchen or living room or whatever?

As far as Marilene was concerned, and as Marengo has pointed out, she was in a private garden. If the garden is private isn't that like a home that is private? It would be a different matter if she was nursing in a public park, then I would say that it's ridiculous of her to expect any privacy. But this garden is from what I understand, like a garden in her backyard so shouldn't she expect privacy there?
__________________
  #220  
Old 10-04-2005, 09:07 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by paloma
Photofan,

As daughters in law to HM, Maxima, Laurentien and Mabel would think a thousand times before embarrassing HM by pulling out their breasts in public. JMO.
Just because they are the daughters in law of the Queen make them no more or less moral than the daughters in law of the Queen's sister.

Maxima smoked openly in front of an infant Eloise. I would say that that is by far worst than Marilene doing something so natural as nursing her baby, especially since Marilene was not exposing any private parts, while Maxima was exposing a defenceless baby to harmful second hand smoke.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Maurits, Princess Marilène and Family, Current Events Part 2 (June 2006 - ) pdas1201 Princess Margriet, Prof. van Vollenhoven and Family 234 07-17-2014 04:34 AM
Prince Maurits of Orange-Nassau & Marilene van der Broek - 1998 Tina Royal Weddings 24 04-26-2013 01:03 AM
Queen Beatrix, Current Events 3 (June 2006 - May 2007) purple_platinum Current Events Archive 336 05-31-2007 08:00 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events diana fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games ottoman pieter van vollenhoven pom pregnancy president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince laurent prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess elisabeth princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess marilene princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit wedding william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:37 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]