The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 12:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
3 of them?
Friso & Mabel have 2 daughters.
For Mabel, Luana and Zaria.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Book claims Princess Mabel of the Netherlands was a spy
Book claims Princess Mabel of the Netherlands worked for secret service - hellomagazine.com

Old 04-24-2012, 04:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
3 of them?
Friso & Mabel have 2 daughters.
Yes you are correct. I was just considering Mable & children as at this time poor Friso doesn't actually know what is happening to his life.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

So we are never to have more information about his state ?????
Old 04-24-2012, 07:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

It is so sad that the prince has been, publicly, tossed into limbo. I know they are and, probably have made, certain, decisions, that will come to fruition, but the veil of darkness is very thick. These decisions are theirs and theirs, only. But, since, they have used the media for other purposes, it is hard for those who do show interest and care not to be told anything.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:43 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Well, I don't see what information there is to give. He was in a coma, is in a coma and probably weill be in a coma for some time. If there is a change for the better or for the worse I am sure the RVD will announce it. But for now there just is no news.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

You are right. I think and all who think "they" have no right to know, are, probably, correct, but wonder if he is still on life support. Other than that, there is nothing to know. Curiosity killed the cat, the saying goes, but people are always curious. More so, because they are made to feel that they have a connection to this family or any of the families that use the media for their benefit, as all royal families do, therefore they think they should be part of the "in Crowd".
Old 04-26-2012, 05:05 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Well, I don't see what information there is to give. He was in a coma, is in a coma and probably weill be in a coma for some time. If there is a change for the better or for the worse I am sure the RVD will announce it. But for now there just is no news.
Exactly Marengo.No news,and no ´in crowd´ messages over nothing.

That people feel sympathy for the family is wellknown and highly appreciated,but there is no need at all to `demand´ an update of some sort unless there is real news and there haven´t been any changes at all till now.And honestly,I will dread that news.Meanwhile,have mercy on the family as it already is hard enough as it is as one can try and imagine,without constant bickering of `we have a right to know´.One doesn´t,and respects the privacy of the Family in this extremely difficult situation.Cést tout.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Lucien, you have said it all, correctly. Thank you.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:54 PM
Courtier

Princess Mabel makes return to public life after Prince Johan Friso's accident - hellomagazine.com

Mabel went to a concert with Maxima. They went to a concert by a Dutch orchestra.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

One of the saddest pictures I have ever seen. Mabel looks terrible and is dressed in mourning type clothes. The headline is pathetic.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

oh god!! mabel look so sad.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 05-24-2012, 09:32 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

That's really a very sad picture. My heart really goes to Mabel and the girls; they must be living through a real hell right now.
On the other hand, I'm glad her family is there for you and they make an attempt to return Mabel to normal life, so to speak. My respect for Dutch royals has positively sky-rocketed.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Unfortunately, she cannot go forward and she cannot go back. She lives in a nether world of insecurity when it comes to her husband. You can see it on her face. She has, always, had the support of the DRF and they are very kind. I do not know who can make the choices for her husband's future, I assume just her. He , too, lives in this nether world of being dead, while being kept alive. What pain!!!
Old 05-24-2012, 10:12 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Unfortunately, she cannot go forward and she cannot go back. She lives in a nether world of insecurity when it comes to her husband. You can see it on her face. She has, always, had the support of the DRF and they are very kind. I do not know who can make the choices for her husband's future, I assume just her. He , too, lives in this nether world of being dead, while being kept alive. What pain!!!
The thing is, there is always hope. Always. No matter what the doctors say, deep inside Mabel will be thinking "what if"? It's incredibly hard to let go of someone you love, and I don't think Mabel is there just yet, to make that hard decision that will affect the entire family. Because whatever she chooses, it will be a horrible ordeal.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

You are, incredidbly, correct. And, no one can know how it feels, unless they are walking in those shoes. That's why I thought the headline "Mabel returns to public life", was dubious. She doesn't look like she has returned to anything.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:16 PM
Serene Highness

I can almost imagine Maxima insisting that Mabel comes with her to this event for a change of air. People can sometimes forget about themselves when faced with a such tragedy and thank God for relatives and friends who try to support us.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Royal Highness

What an awful situation for any family to go through. One is neither here nor there.
God give a lot of strength and courage to them, especially Mabel and her little daughters.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

She is brave considering she knew she would be very much photographed due to the circumstances.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, she did and I, think, she showed what she felt.

Tags
current events, friso, mabel, prince friso, princess mabel