Prince Friso and Princess Mabel, Current Events 3 (September 2008 - January 2014)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like Mabel and her girls will return to lech this year. The family will pose in February but Mabel will not join them.

I am surprised that they Are all returning after what happened but I guess they want to return to normal as much as possible, and lech has been part of their lives for a while.

I can't believe they are going back there....

I think so too; better to confront the pain, than let it fester.

I wondered if they would go back. Now, I have the answer. I think they are making a lot of moves to heal and go forward.

Prince Friso steps down as Member of the Board of Belgian telecom company Telenet by request of the Prince's family Telenet announced today.

I, think, it is their way of letting go. Sad.

Prince Friso

Although the current Royal House of The Netherlands includes Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien, there is no mention of Prince Friso and his family. What is his present status, please?

I understand that he cannot carry out any duties because of his unfortunate accident and subsequent coma. Should he recover, would he be restored to the Royal House?

Although the current Royal House of The Netherlands includes Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien, there is no mention of Prince Friso and his family. What is his present status, please?

I understand that he cannot carry out any duties because of his unfortunate accident and subsequent coma. Should he recover, would he be restored to the Royal House?

I thought the Prince had withdrawn his rights to the throne upon marriage to Mabel. But I might be wrong.

I thought the Prince had withdrawn his rights to the throne upon marriage to Mabel. But I might be wrong.

You are right, when chosing to marry he chose to loose his membership to the royal house (and the title of prince of the netherlands).

He choose not to ask permission for his marriage to Parliament,in that case one ceases to be a Prince of The Netherlands and in-line to the Throne,he and Princess Mabel are therefore adressed as Prince and Princess of Orange Nassau and will subsequently never be re-instated in line to the Throne nor the title "of The Netherlands" regardless .

He never performed too many duties anyway due to him choosing to have a life of his own and a proper job as we here don't do free-loaders.Only the Monarch,his/her spouse and the former Monarch,i.e. Princess Beatrix,get an apanage,all others work and are either succesfull entrepeneurs or rather succesfull high level EU tops...Like Constantijn.

Last edited:
Good to see her working again. No idea if conferences like these actually are useful, apart for those who can go there on their company's costs.

Posts about prince Friso's health have been moved here.

I love to see her living her life...and a useful life that is !

Love that Mabel is at the conference participating. Definitely something she is passionate about.

And with a bow :flowers: nice to see her about, with her favorite designers

Last edited by a moderator:
He choose not to ask permission for his marriage to Parliament,in that case one ceases to be a Prince of The Netherlands and in-line to the Throne,he and Princess Mabel are therefore adressed as Prince and Princess of Orange Nassau and will subsequently never be re-instated in line to the Throne nor the title "of The Netherlands" regardless .

He never performed too many duties anyway due to him choosing to have a life of his own and a proper job as we here don't do free-loaders.Only the Monarch,his/her spouse and the former Monarch,i.e. Princess Beatrix,get an apanage,all others work and are either succesfull entrepeneurs or rather succesfull high level EU tops...Like Constantijn.

So, what is the difference between Prince of The Netherlands and Prince of Orange-Nassau? really feel sad about Prince Friso. I hope he can get well soon

Does anyone have a link to the TV interview given by Prince Friso and Mabel just before they got married.
Some very short excerpt has been shown now that he has died; but would love to see whole interview.

I suspect Mabel and the girls will be returning to London soon, if they have not already done so. Most schools in the UK re-open next week after the summer break. It will be sad, but I think returning to their regular routines will help them all start to rebuild their lives. I hope Mabel returns to work later this year. I am sure Princess Beatrix will spend some time with them in London to help them get adjusted. God bless them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom