Prince Friso and Princess Mabel, Current Events 2 (September 2006 - September 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mabel looks good. But, WOW!!!, did you see the one pic of her sister. I suppose Mabel forgot to tell her that the top of that dress was toooooooo sheer to not wear under garmets!!!! Not at all attractive.

What picture (and sister) are you referring to, I am afraid I missed it.

Good grief! She is certainly living up to her reputation.

Oh Yikes!:eek: If that were my sister I would have told her to leave the dress at home and wear something else, but that's me. I'll bet that dress had the men's tongues hanging out.:ROFLMAO:

Good god. That is an unmitigated disaster. And I think Mabel looks good, except that I wish her dress were just a tiny bit longer. Other than that... She seems to have put on a tiny bit of weight, I wonder if we will have news soon.

Good grief! She is certainly living up to her reputation.
why, what's wrong with her reputation?
Gosh, what is it with these sisters?! One has a, ahum, checkered love past what with heavy duty affairs with the highest-up drug czar of the eighties in Europe, then a controversial one with a married politician of Bosnia, who's now doing time in a US prison, my gosh, how do you pick them?! And this sister Nicoline, of all the party dresses in the world, what is she trying to pull, a Britney Spears/Paris Hilton? :bang:

None of them have anything of a Britney or Paris

why, what's wrong with her reputation?
Gosh, what is it with these sisters?! One has a, ahum, checkered love past what with heavy duty affairs with the highest-up drug czar of the eighties in Europe, then a controversial one with a married politician of Bosnia, who's now doing time in a US prison, my gosh, how do you pick them?! And this sister Nicoline, of all the party dresses in the world, what is she trying to pull, a Britney Spears/Paris Hilton? :bang:

But Mabel and Nicoline and Eveline Wisse Smit are, all three, quite well to do girls coming from a top-bankers' family.

Mabel is not really the prototype of a mobster with her summa cum laude studies in economics and political sciences, with her careerpath via Royal Dutch Shell, via Foreign Affairs, via the United Nations and the ABN AMRO-bank. And the founding of War Child Netherlands and being an activist director of the Open Society Institute does not really fit in the image of a 'moster-lover' some media tried to portray her.

Sister Eveline Wisse Smit is a professional field hockey player, playing for Amsterdam and the Netherlands national team.

Nicoline Wisse Smit is an author and has her own communications bureau.

So none of them are dumb gold seekers or whatever. It are strong, independent, self-conscious and succesful ladies earning their own life and following their own very individual path in life. A strange choice of a dress does not change this. None of them have anything of a Britney or Paris.

it is a bit like gwynith paltrow no bra look at the oscars, imo only the very young can affored to go braless.

Mabel looks very proud and her sister unselfconscience so maybe they could not see in the mirror very well before leaving home.

But Mabel and Nicoline and Eveline Wisse Smit are, all three, quite well to do girls coming from a top-bankers' family.
..And yet they still manage to come across as born n bred white trash, at least, the sister does, if her dress is an indication..Yeehaw! Not.

Mabel is not really the prototype of a mobster with her summa cum laude studies in economics and political sciences, with her careerpath via Royal Dutch Shell, via Foreign Affairs, via the United Nations and the ABN AMRO-bank. And the founding of War Child Netherlands and being an activist director of the Open Society Institute does not really fit in the image of a 'moster-lover' some media tried to portray her.
Henri, I agree Mabel has been instrumental in making the most of her own life, but please, working for a multi-national and having various university degrees doesn't necessarily keep someone from leading a less than examplary private life, now does it? Because the fact is, Mabel did, by most accounts except for her own, sleep with Bruinsma, despite knowing he was a first class mobster. Great morals, natch.

Sister Eveline Wisse Smit is a professional field hockey player, playing for Amsterdam and the Netherlands national team.

Nicoline Wisse Smit is an author and has her own communications bureau.

So none of them are dumb gold seekers or whatever.
You mean to say Mabel is a <smart> gold digger? Sorry but that is according to many, exactly what she is.

It are strong, independent, self-conscious and succesful ladies earning their own life and following their own very individual path in life. A strange choice of a dress does not change this. None of them have anything of a Britney or Paris.
At least sis Nicoline has <nothing> on the business skills of independently wealthy, may I say, self concious, ladies like Britney or Paris, who are wealthy in their own right, mind you! :flowers:

HRH Prince Friso will unveil the Delft nanosatellite Delfi-C3 today,Delft.

The Delfi-C3,the first of a series of satellites from Delft University,will,after another series of tests,be send to the University of Toronto to be packed with 6 other satellites before shipment to India where the scheduled launch for the Delfi-C3 is due for september 8th.

The Prince is director of TNO Space since march 1st 2004.

Last edited:
I love royal engagements like this. First it sounds a little bit boring for people, who don't interest in things like this, and then you get photos like :

5979397.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

5979400.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
:flowers:

I like that he is always so serious, when he has such engagements. He seems to be very interest and as far I know he had study somthing like space technoloy. Hadn't he?

Yes, the Prince succesfully completed two total different studies: Aeronatical Engineering and Economic Sciences. After these two studies he added a third one: post-graduate Executive of Business Administration at the Institut Européen d'Administration (INSEAD) in Fontainebleau, France.

Yes, the Prince succesfully completed two total different studies: Aeronatical & Space Engineering and Economic Sciences. After these two studies he added a third one: post-graduate Executive of Business Administration at the Institut Européen d'Administration (INSEAD) in Fontainebleau, France.

Ah,but he studied the first two simultaniously,and Cum Laude at that at Tech Delft and Erasmus University Rotterdam!
INSEAD was the topping of the cake.Some Topping!!Impressive man.

Prince Friso celebrates his 39th birthday today.

Pic 2.10.2007

Princess Mabel attends the Viktor & Rolf fashion show, during
the Spring/Summer 2008 ready-to-wear collection show on
October 2, 2007 in Paris, France.

----> Pic

Well, that means that there will be at least one Princess in the Benelux that won´t be wearing Natan of Eddy Vermeulen. Thumbs up for that alone. I wish the Princess would always wear her hair likes this, more covering her forehead. She looks 10 times better this way than when she has it pulled backwards like at WA´s 40th birthday party.

Today Princess Mabel has given the starting signal of the new Stop Aids Now! campaign in the RAI in Amsterdam.
The Princess started the campaign by spraying graffiti the letters ''I Stop Aids Now'', a reference to the slogan ''I Amsterdam''.

PPE Agency

Today Princess Mabel has given the starting signal of the new Stop Aids Now! campaign in the RAI in Amsterdam.
The Princess started the campaign by spraying graffiti the letters ''I Stop Aids Now'', a reference to the slogan ''I Amsterdam''.

PPE Agency

HRH is a co-founder of the Stop Aids Now! Foundation and a strong advocate in the fight against HIV/AIDS on a global scale.

The congress was held ahead of World Aids Day,december 1st.
PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Nieboer.

HRH Princess Mabel was one of the speakers at a symposium in The Hague today on occasion of the farewell meeting of liberal jewesh Rabbi Awraham Soetendorp.The meeting was about moral choises mankind at present has to deal with in the light of environmental treats.

ANP has two photos of the meeting:

Mabel and Rabbi Soetendorp

Mabel en profile

Considering Rabbi Soetendorp has been active for human rights it is appropriate that Mabel represents the RF there I think.

Royalblog has her speech (in english) btw, take a look here.

Last edited:
ANP has two photos of the meeting:

Mabel and Rabbi Soetendorp

Mabel en profile

Considering Rabbi Soetendorp has been active for human rights it is appropriate that Mabel represents the RF there I think.

Royalblog has her speech (in english) btw, take a look here.

Oh but she wasn't representing the RF here,she was there in her capacity of Director of the Open Society Institute and what they stand for.:)

Princess Mabel was interviewed by 'Blauw Bloed' after the farewell speech to the rabbi. She seems rather sympathetic, she radiated when the reporter asked about her children. They are talking both english as Dutch. She also talked about the difficulties of beeing a working mother, but she added 'like any other working mum'.
She also talked about European integration and said that that is the only way for Europe to keep in control of its own destiny.

Marengo, thank you for the speech of Princess Mabel; it was very well-made. Does anyone know if the princess makes her own speeches or someone does it then she just polishes them? She is very intelligent from what I know. Also, can you or someone else share with us what she said about her daughters? I'm particularly fond of Countess Luana, and there's very little information and pictures of her as it is.

Last edited:
This speech was wonderful. It was very intelligent and well-written. If Mabel did write it, then she is truly a brilliant woman. I wonder if she did write this speech, or at the very least, collaborated on it?

I wonder Where did Friso Know Mabel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom