Prince Friso and Princess Mabel, Current Events 2 (September 2006 - September 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mabel rules

I personally think that Mabel has a very good sence of style. She is not boring like Maxima in her stewardess outfit and skirts with big strapes, that made her hips look soooooooo big. I think it is good that Mabel did not allow Royal fashion advisors to change her style. Otherwise she would wear these pans her mother-in-law is famouse for.

PPE Agency
11-05-2007 Kinderdijk Prince Friso is the first official Friend of the Mill in Kinderdijk
The prince has started the money recruitment drive of ''Mill looks for Friends''

The previous patron of this association was the late Prince Claus. It is nice to see that the Prince is following his father.

Queen of Kings said:
I personally think that Mabel has a very good sence of style. She is not boring like Maxima in her stewardess outfit and skirts with big strapes, that made her hips look soooooooo big. I think it is good that Mabel did not allow Royal fashion advisors to change her style. Otherwise she would wear these pans her mother-in-law is famouse for.

Máxima and stewardess outfits?
That is the last link I would ever have made: between Princess Máxima and a stewardess!

Hmm. I have to agree with Henri M. I have certainly never seen a stewardess quite as nicely dressed as Maxima. Nor quite as brightly. Which is all to the good, as she ought to stand out and not blend in. Although I have to say that Maxima has also had her share of fashion faux pas in my mind. But then again, no one is perfect. Mabel on the other hand almost always just seems to get it not quite right by one or two elements.

'Ms Mabel van Oranje' in nice pictures

The Princess had an interview in London (where she and Prince Friso lives with Countess Luana and Countess Zaria).

It went about her activistic life, fighting dictatorships and tyrannical regimes. The interview was held in the Soho Hotel (Richmond Mews) and the Princess was willing to pose with the interviewer. The interview was in her capacity as director EU Affairs of the Open Society Institute:

Open Society Foundation - London
5th/4th Floor Cambridge House
Director EU Affairs: Ms. Mabel van Oranje

Joris van der W. has posted these on the Benelux Board, here are the links to the pictures:

Princess Mabel en profil

Princess Mabel en face

The Princess and the interviewer (= Matthijs van Nieuwkerk, a Dutch celebrity who has a daily current affairs program)

A quite posed image

Henri M. said:
The Princess had an interview in London (where she and Prince Friso lives with Countess Luana and Countess Zaria).

It went about her activistic life, fighting dictatorships and tyrannical regimes. The interview was held in the Soho Hotel (Richmond Mews) and the Princess was willing to pose with the interviewer. The interview was in her capacity as director EU Affairs of the Open Society Institute:

Joris van der W. has posted these on the Benelux Board, here are the links to the pictures:

Princess Mabel en profil

Princess Mabel en face

The Princess and the interviewer (= Matthijs van Nieuwkerk, a Dutch celebrity who has a daily current affairs program)

A quite posed image

Thanks for those Henri! :flowers: I especially like the second picture, she looks absolutely beautiful.

Well, I'll be. Mabel looks good! I like those shots, especially the last one. If you didn't know who she was, you'd think that was a publicity still from a movie or maybe a photo from Vanity Fair or something. Well done.

Henri M. said:

It went about her activistic life, fighting dictatorships and tyrannical regimes. The interview was held in the Soho Hotel (Richmond Mews) and the Princess was willing to pose with the interviewer. The interview was in her capacity as director EU Affairs of the Open Society Institute

thank you for the info & pictures. where can i get my hands on the interview? would be good to read.

Beautiful pictures! I'm going to the shop for my own copy of the article tomorrow! Thanks for letting us know, Henri! :flowers:

Very good and favourable pictures indeed (both of Mabel and Matthijs). Though I have sworn to myself never to buy a 'Linda.', I am afraid I cannot leave this annual spin-off 'Mathijs.' lying in the shop.

As posted by Joris on the Benelux Royals MB:

[FONT=verdana, arial] I heard from a friend that princess Mabel van Oranje-Nassau has been appointed "Ambassador of the Nederlands Dans Theater". For the record, has this ever been announced officially? I know both Friso and she like modern dance (like Queen Beatrix and Princess Margriet) very much and that they have a special relationship with the NDT (special performance for their wedding etc.).
It's remarkable that "Dutch Dance's Greatest Girlfriend" ("Beste Vriendin van de Nederlandse Dans" as former dancer Han Ebbelaar once called her) is no patron of any dance company. Well, real love doesnn't have to expressed by any patronage.
[/FONT]

And the reply from Jos:

[FONT=verdana, arial] Princess Mabel has been involved with the Netherlands Dance Theatre for several years now, especially in promoting the NDT Business Society. This is a network of business companies who give financial support to NDT. The name "Ambassador" is fairly new, and I do not recall it was officially announced.[/FONT]

I think the last 2 pictures are unappropriate, what significance do those poses have together with an interviewer. It is tasteless

Henri M. said:

Princess Mabel en profil

Princess Mabel en face

A quite posed image

What bothers you so much about the pose?

I think the man bothers me, they look too close and
the pose with her foot against the wall might be nice in a stable with horses but not in a room,

in the third picture her stance is ok but he is leaning in towards her in an affective pose, would you hold your thumb in front of your crotch, it is silly. You would think she would have the final say about which pictures are publicized.

it is just a feeling I have about the pictures

Marengo said:

Last edited:
well, the man has a reputation for being a womanizer, and we all know what Mabels reputation is, so... ;)

Marengo said:
..a lot! The interviewer is, to put it mildly, not my fave to start with, as he's supposedly never met a woman he didn't want to..[censored :rolleyes:] ..and so his look toward her while she's throwing the camera her 'come-hither' eyes..there's something about that last picture that seems really..off base for some reason.
maybe she's hoping to make cold-as-a-cucumber husband Friso jealous?

susan alicia said:
I think the man bothers me, they look too close and
the pose with her foot against the wall might be nice in a stable with horses but not in a room,

in the third picture her stance is ok but he is leaning in towards her in an affective pose, would you hold your thumb in front of your crotch, it is silly. You would think she would have the final say about which pictures are publicized.

it is just a feeling I have about the pictures
completely agree with you

Well I never noticed that particular look in Matthijs van Nieuwkerk, but then I am not a woman so less sensative about the matter. According to a female friend of mine you both are right about the look though :)

And again, Mabel is in the picture, not so good. The tabloid 'Story' has a story about how Mabel was indeed the partner of Klaas Bruinsma and that she even lived in one of the appartments of Klaas Bruinsma. They also say Mabel used cocaïne and heroïne. He also said Mabel used to work in a sexclub. (It doesn't say what her job was and he said he has never seen her in that club..)

The story comes from Steven Brown, who just wrote a book named 'Killing Fields of Amsterdam.' In that book he also writes about Princess Mabel..

I'm not sure how correct the story is, be I just figured I'dd put it here.

I know this will sound very strange, but I really think that Mabel resembles Queen Margrethe when she was younger. There is just something there. I will have to look around and find some pictures.

But what do you all think? Do you see a bit of a resemblance between Mabel and Margrethe when she was the same age?

Prince Friso and Princess Mabel to attend AmsterdamDiner

Their Royal Highnesses Prince Friso and Princess Mabel, Count and Countess van Oranje-Nassau van Amsberg will attend the AmsterdamDiner, a fundraising diner to fight HIV/Aids.

This year's AmsterdamDiner will support attempts by -amongst more- the Open Society Institute (of which Princess Mabel is EU executive director) to set up a sort of health insurance system for the poor in Africa.

And again, Mabel is in the picture, not so good. The tabloid 'Story' has a story about how Mabel was indeed the partner of Klaas Bruinsma and that she even lived in one of the appartments of Klaas Bruinsma. They also say Mabel used cocaïne and heroïne. He also said Mabel used to work in a sexclub. (It doesn't say what her job was and he said he has never seen her in that club..)

The story comes from Steven Brown, who just wrote a book named 'Killing Fields of Amsterdam.' In that book he also writes about Princess Mabel..

I'm not sure how correct the story is, be I just figured I'dd put it here.

Steve Brown aka THE former (or maybe still as you never know with these creeps-) King of the dutch drugs scene,who didn't do enough time in jail for all his crimes.He's broke,zwart zaad,so he'll do anything his sort will do to get "pocket money" again.Just making allegations and name-throwing,the looser...There is nothing he can proof,not a single syllable.

TRH Prince Friso and Princess Mabel attended the AmsterdamDinner Aids charity gala,Amsterdam last night.
PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/A. v/d Werf.

Succesful AmsterdamDiner

Their Royal Highnesses Prince Friso and Princess Mabel, Count and Countess van Oranje-Nassau van Amsberg, did attend the 15th annual AmsterdamDiner, a fundraising event for Aids awareness.

This year's dinner had a profit of € 780.000,-- (appr. $ 1,050,000.--), paid by a few hundred guests.

:flowers:

She looks very good actually. They attended last years party too, didn't they? And the princess has spoken about the subject too, so it seems to be more then shallow interest, chapeau.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom