Prince Friso and Princess Mabel, Current Events 2 (September 2006 - September 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Henri M. said:
In fact Mabel and Laurentien have been much more poised lately than their sister-in-law, Máxima.

IMO that is not a fair statement because Maxima is pregnant afterall. :)

linda85 said:
IMO that is not a fair statement because Maxima is pregnant afterall. :)

You can be pregnant and look dazzling. I have the idea Máxima's performance in her garderobe has gone downhill since a few months. It is amazing that a lady who personally knows couturiers like Gabriela Naum, Valentino and Edouard Vermeulen and has worn Azzedine Alaïa, Issey Miyake, Oscar de la Renta, etc. can look so badly dressed.

Last edited:
Henri M. said:
You can be pregnant and look dazzling. I have the idea Máxima's performance in her garderobe has gone downhill since a few months. It isamazing that a lady who personally knows couturiers like Gabriela Naum, Valentino and Edouard Vermeulen can look so un-princessy.

I think we know how you feel about Maxima's recent appearances...you have made your opinion quite clear...but I thought this thread was about Mabel and Friso?

Back on topic...Mabel has looked lovely as of late. Simple and classic lines work best for her. No more bows:flowers:

Bows

Zonk said:
I think we know how you feel about Maxima's recent appearances...you have made your opinion quite clear...but I thought this thread was about Mabel and Friso?

Back on topic...Mabel has looked lovely as of late. Simple and classic lines work best for her. No more bows:flowers:

The bows has nothing to do with a fetish or something by Mabel. The couture by Viktor & Rolf is her favourite and there were bows in their 2004 line. Now that she no longer wears bows is simply because the present Viktor & Rolf collection is without bows.

By the way, she sometimes also wears other designers.

Marengo said:
Nothing has been announced yet but if it takes after Luana's baptism they will take their time and it will probably only be announced a couple of days before the actual baptism.

tomorrow is a year of luana christening, may be the zaria's baptims will be before christmas

22-01-2007 The Hague Princess Mabel is the new patron on the THIMUN Foundation, The Hague International Model United Nations. The princess delivered her Keynote to the General Assembly during the opening ceremony in the World Forum Convention

from ppe

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2007/07012205.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2007/07012220.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2007/07012211.jpg

Gallery

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=22-01-2007%20The%20Hague

Last edited:
Stylish Mabel

The Princess differs with most royal when it comes to her patronages. She did not became interested because a patronage was offered. She already was with heart and soul involved in human rights, AIDS and democracy. For almost 15 years she has been very active, succesful and influential in these topics.

Hats off for the Princess. She even looked very un-Mabelian but was still beaming. A most interesting lady.

:flowers:

fanletizia said:
22-01-2007 The Hague Princess Mabel is the new patron on the THIMUN Foundation, The Hague International Model United Nations. The princess delivered her Keynote to the General Assembly during the opening ceremony in the World Forum Convention

from ppe

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2007/07012205.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2007/07012220.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2007/07012211.jpg

Gallery

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=22-01-2007%20The%20Hague

http://www.thimun.org/2007/main.html

The dress would look better with highheels!
I think her hair looks very messy... like Maxima's did during the last time...:ermm:

Sultanate of Oman

JessRulz said:

Yes, In the 1980's HRH Prince Johan Friso of the Netherlands (as was his name and title back then) was a representative for the Sultanate of Oman at the International Model United Nations in The Hague.

He had to study about his country Oman and had to make diplomatic moves for the benefit of 'his' adopted country and he did it brilliantly.As you see he even dressed 'Omanesque'.

Henri M. said:
Yes, In the 1980's HRH Prince Johan Friso of the Netherlands (as was his name and title back then) was a representative for the Sultanate of Oman at the International Model United Nations in The Hague.

He had to study about his country Oman and had to make diplomatic moves for the benefit of 'his' adopted country and he did it brilliantly.As you see he even dressed 'Omanesque'.

YAY for MUN!! I was in that program for 4 years in high school and I almost went to the conference in the Hague but it was expensive. Anyway, just a shout out for the MUNers and it's wonderful to see a royal at one of the conferences. It's fitting, I think, seeing that the Hague conference is a very, very big deal to MUNers. :flowers:

Henri M. said:
The Princess differs with most royal when it comes to her patronages. She did not became interested because a patronage was offered. She already was with heart and soul involved in human rights, AIDS and democracy. For almost 15 years she has been very active, succesful and influential in these topics.

Hats off for the Princess. She even looked very un-Mabelian but was still beaming. A most interesting lady.:flowers:

I agree she has been involved in human rights since the beginning. It is not fair but sometimes when I see her pictures I still think of her contradictions - youthful affair with a notorious mobster, affair with a corrupt (later jailed) and very married foreign minister. What is it? is it the hypocrisy? or the complexity of a publicly good but privately morally corrupt person? I was liked her very much but was very very disappointed in her private behavior/choices. Sometimes even now I still can't get over it.

Times2222 said:
I agree she has been involved in human rights since the beginning. It is not fair but sometimes when I see her pictures I still think of her contradictions - youthful affair with a notorious mobster, affair with a corrupt (later jailed) and very married foreign minister. What is it? is it the hypocrisy? or the complexity of a publicly good but privately morally corrupt person? I was liked her very much but was very very disappointed in her private behavior/choices. Sometimes even now I still can't get over it.
This is exactly the thing that the Dutch just smell about Mabel. That is why they (me included) never really took a shine to her. She had the opportunity to come clean about her affair with Bruinsma on the eve of her wedding to Friso. When teh pair granted an interview with Dutch national tv. But when asked about it, Mabel got all defensive and terse and denied the whole love affair again. To which the Dutch viewers understandably thought: so much for her supposed brilliance. What a bad sense of PR that girl displayed!

And not only that. When the interviewer inquired about the fact she had a thing for men with power and status, she went point blank into denial again and stated literally: "I am in love with Friso." I watched the interview and she sounded so phoney, so rehearsed.

The next day some newspaper did a poll and found this: most viewers thought that Mabel came across as disingenious.

I have to say I couldn't agree more. Then again, I don't think it's so bad to be a social climber and be ambitious in both your work and private. Most Dutch people don't mind this either. But why be hypocritical about it? People <do> mind that. Hence the fact Mabel is not taken very seriously I think in the Netherlands, despite the undeniable fact she's doing some great work for the Soros foundation and is dedicated in the right direction these days. Oh well. Being her own worst enemy is what she is I think.

08-03-2007 Peace Palace Princess Mabel attended the World Female Day at the Hague Academy near the Peace Palace in The Hague. - pictures on ppe- agency

First time ...

... that I have seen Princess Mabel look smashing.

PPE Agency

Maybe she should stay informal?
- with her hair down and loose, is better then when up and tight in a bun.

Wow!

H.R.H. Princess Mabel of Orange-Nassau in a sharp interview

Her Royal Highness Princess Mabel of Orange-Nassau warns that the quality of the democracy is under pressure: "Sometimes it looks like the ratings and the sales are more important than the quality, that facts are subservient to gossip and amusement. Sometimes when I read the newspaper, I think: is the complete story provided?"

The Princess has an interview with De Volkskrant, a leading nationwide daily in the Netherlands. Reason is the Van Randwijk Lecture held by Princess Mabel, last year. She received much attention with that lecture.

Princess Mabel: "Much of the mass media is driven by circulation and viewing figures, and not by unrestrained critical analysis, truth-finding or simply the provision of quality. Creating an image supersedes content".

The Princess is director of the Open Society Institute. This a private foundation created by philanthropist George Soros to shape public policy to promote democratic governance, human rights, and economic, legal, and social reform.

"The mass media plays an essential role in an open society for our orientation on the world and is of real importance for our image of reality," the Princess said. "If that image is deviated from - for political or commercial reasons - that has unavoidable consequences for democracy. Why do we accept that this media logic is more important than adequate information and qualitative truth-finding?"

Princess Mabel herself experienced the sharp pen of the media during the controversy sparked by her engagement and marriage in 2003-2004 to Prince Friso, the second son of Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands. The couple did not seek for parliamentary approval for their marriage when media reports made it clear Mabel had been less than frank about a previous friendship in her student years with Klaas Bruinsma, a sort of Amsterdam mafia-boss. As the union between Prince Friso and Princess Mabel was without an Act of Consent, the Prince automatically lost his right to the throne.

hrhcp said:
... that I have seen Princess Mabel look smashing.

PPE Agency

Maybe she should stay informal?
- with her hair down and loose, is better then when up and tight in a bun.

Wow!

Mabel looks very sophisticated. I think she looks better with her hair down.

I have seen the interview that Henri M is referring to and I must say that my opinion on Mabel hasn't changed that much.

She obviously is an intelligent woman, with many worthy causes to promote and an impressive resumee. But... in her 'attack' on the so-called populism in the Dutch press she fails to show any sense of self reflection. I wish she would have been a bit more humble instead of diplomatically blaming the press for all the upheaval (the press didn't lie to our souvereign-lady or to our prime-minister, she did).

And there is another disavdantage: that horrendous accent of hers which distracts you terribly from what she says. I think she could use a speech therapist as this is certainly not ABN (Common Civilized Dutch), but a self fabricated and affected accent that has the goal to seem posh.

Anyway, for those who want to see Mabel in the interview progamme NOVA, follow this link and click on 'bekijk item' (link originally provided by Sal on the Benelux Royals MB).

As posted by Eleonore on the Benelux Royals MB:

[FONT=verdana, arial]A second criminal has come forward (although I admit that the internet-magazine in which he tells his story is not the most reliable source of information) to state that he too had several romantic nights with Mabel. Right until Klaas Bruinsma 'took her under his wing and she became his love-toy'. The former criminal (who wants to stay anounymus because he is just that..a criminal) also says Mabel and her friend Ottolien were golddiggers, going to Paris on many occasions and offering sex in exchange for pleasant evenings.
The guy also claims that he and Klaas were not the only criminals 'who had romantic experiences' with Mabel. I fear this is not the end of the story, the guy says there were many more men and some of them willing to come forward.
He also dares Mabel to confront the real truth about her past, but claims she will not be so brave.
[/FONT]

Luckily the source (a criminal) doesn't sound to credible so maybe it is a hoax.

Marengo said:
As posted by Eleonore on the Benelux Royals MB:

Luckily the source (a criminal) doesn't sound to credible so maybe it is a hoax.
Zijonline (and the criminal) is indeed not a reliable source. If you google mabel and marmot :)rolleyes:) you will find another source with almost the same story. It is possible that this is the source of Zijonline

Last edited:
The free daily newspaper 'De Pers' questioned Leo van Rooijen, publisher of the celebrity site Zij-online Accodring to this Leo van Rooijen Mabel was in touch with at least 3 other mobsters. He claims that his source will come to The Netherlands soon to present a book about Mabel and other information regarding the Amsterdam underworld. He has a picture to show where Mabel is seen in the copmpany of Klaas Bruinsma, two other criminals and her friend Ottolien Lels.

May I ask what the interview is about? I assume she is speaking Dutch and I don't understand the language.

Edit: I found a post that explained about the interview!

Marengo said:
I have seen the interview that Henri M is referring to and I must say that my opinion on Mabel hasn't changed that much.

She obviously is an intelligent woman, with many worthy causes to promote and an impressive resumee. But... in her 'attack' on the so-called populism in the Dutch press she fails to show any sense of self reflection. I wish she would have been a bit more humble instead of diplomatically blaming the press for all the upheaval (the press didn't lie to our souvereign-lady or to our prime-minister, she did).

And there is another disavdantage: that horrendous accent of hers which distracts you terribly from what she says. I think she could use a speech therapist as this is certainly not ABN (Common Civilized Dutch), but a self fabricated and affected accent that has the goal to seem posh.

Anyway, for those who want to see Mabel in the interview progamme NOVA, follow this link and click on 'bekijk item' (link originally provided by Sal on the Benelux Royals MB).

Marengo said:

I agree her accent is absolutely terrible and a huge turnoff and the goodwill she's been able to gain in recent years could be easily lost just because of this accent. Seemingly she's trying to channel her mom in law?

For the rest I have to say I do agree with what she had to say. And you know what, considering the topic and the fact that of course she knew that people would accuse her of having ulterior motives here (revenge towards the behavior of the press regarding her affair with top tier gangster Bruinsma), I actually think she's pretty brave taking on this very topic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom