Prince Friso and Princess Mabel, Current Events 2 (September 2006 - September 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused, why is she carrying out official engagements as a Princess?

Beschrijving foto:
30-11-2006 CFCF Princess Mabel attended the Chance for Children Foundation diner in Hungary

New Pictures here.

Her hairdo and the earrings are great! She looks very nice!

The hairdo looks very nice from the back only. However it is much too tightly pulled out of her face. Together with the much too dark lipstick on her quite thin lips it makes a rather painful feature.

Mabel is very busy these days;

01-12-2006 Budapest Princess Mabel attended the Van Gogh exhibition in the museum of Fine Arts in Budapest.

See pictures here.
(PPE)

Her Hairdo
Black Shoes
White Coat

And again: No bows... =)

I think V&R have left their bow period after them, so hopefully bows are history now for Mabel.

I must say, she's looking fab in all three outfits. I don't mind the pulled back hair and well the lipstick, it's not my favourite but I'm willing to forgive her that. :flowers:

Wow, she actually looks good! .....And that costed some pain for me to admit ;)

she looks really good now. I love those shoes! I think Maxima's good taste is finally rubbing off on her.

Marengo said:
Wow, she actually looks good! .....And that costed some pain for me to admit ;)

Yes, it's hard to admit isn't it? :lol:
And LadyK: that's what I thought too. Did they switch personalities or what?

Alisa said:
I'm confused, why is she carrying out official engagements as a Princess?

I beleive she is a princess she gets the title from her husband. Now I think the way is works is that the prince is a member of the royal family just not a memmber of the royal house. Someone correct me if I am wrong.:)

seto said:
I beleive she is a princess she gets the title from her husband. Now I think the way is works is that the prince is a member of the royal family just not a memmber of the royal house. Someone correct me if I am wrong.:)

That's true, seto. :flowers:
I think that Mabel has been asked to do this because of her work in the Balkan for the Open Society Institute. Maybe she still had some connections there who asked her to do the opening? I don't think we should see this as an official engagement, but more as a charity thing and we can't forbid her to do these, can we? There's not been much Dutch press involved and the official site of the Dutch royal family doesn't mention her visits in Budapest, so I think we can safely conclude that she did this on personal title.

It seems she finally learned that too many bows don't work:rolleyes: .
I like the way she dresses during the last events.
I like this black dress and this stunning shoes.
Maybe she should think about another hairdo. I don't like her hair when she wears it straight down...

Yes, Mabel is looking classy! I really like her whole soft waves, pearl necklace, white coat outfit...very nice! I think her hair in the soft waves really becomes her. It softens her features and it gets even better because she's not wearing the dark harsh lipstick.

Maxie said:
I think that Mabel has been asked to do this because of her work in the Balkan for the Open Society Institute. Maybe she still had some connections there who asked her to do the opening? I don't think we should see this as an official engagement, but more as a charity thing and we can't forbid her to do these, can we? There's not been much Dutch press involved and the official site of the Dutch royal family doesn't mention her visits in Budapest, so I think we can safely conclude that she did this on personal title.

Though I do not know how this engagement was arranged (your thought seems plausible), in the past various members who were not a member of the Royal House performed some official functions. For example Princess Irene who usually never misses a hayday of 'her' Princess Irene Brigade. But you are right, these functions are usually in the field of charity, as for more formal things only the (core-)members of the Royal House participate.

Maxie said:

True Maxie,the Princess is in Hungary in her capacity of Director EU Affairs of the Open Society Institute.The organisation supports a wide range of projects in all Eastern European countries.:)

For the record: the grey coat is not a Viktor and Rolf design!

The last times she didn't wear more bows (at least one or two boys)!
That's a good sign! I think she discovered that too many bows destroy her outfits!
She dresses better in the last time!

HRH Prince Friso will become the new vice chairman of the association of bio sciences and society (BWM). Prince Claus was since 1969 untill his death an honorairy chairman of this organisation. BWM was founded in 1969 on the initiative of Beatrix and Claus as a reaction to the spectacular developments in moleculair biology, genetics and transplantation biology.

have plans for christening of their baby daughter yet?

Nothing has been announced yet but if it takes after Luana's baptism they will take their time and it will probably only be announced a couple of days before the actual baptism.

i hope to see the couple in 2007 more, i really like them and have the idea that they like to life in london away from a lot of things

what do you think for them in 2007

Her_Majesty said:
It seems she finally learned that too many bows don't work:rolleyes: .
I like the way she dresses during the last events.
I like this black dress and this stunning shoes.
Maybe she should think about another hairdo. I don't like her hair when she wears it straight down...

This is the same dress as from Leonors christening in October, isn't it?

Does someone has the interview with princess Mabel in the magazine 'Libelle'?

Actually I want to read the text, can you scan him? Thanks a lot!

the recent outings, Mabel has looked well dressed and hair neat.

dazzling said:
the recent outings, Mabel has looked well dressed and hair neat.

In fact Mabel and Laurentien have been much more poised lately than their sister-in-law, Máxima.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom